PDA

View Full Version : Gutfeld on Tuesday's debate

Gunny
08-01-2019, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eussp_ssfbI

What an obsessed bunch of morons :laugh:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Marianne sees the dark forces and other bad things ahead of the democrats in coming days. *shiver*

Gunny
08-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Marianne sees the dark forces and other bad things ahead of the democrats in coming days. *shiver*I should have known trying to make her sound normal was a scam :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:10 PM
I should have known trying to make her sound normal was a scam :laugh2:

She would SO fit in as one of the rich in Sedona, much warmer than Grosse Pointe. Before she disappears to her multi-million self-help writings:

https://spectator.org/chakra-and-awe/

Chakra and Awe
A look at the “breakout winner” of Tuesday’s dopey Dem debate.
David Catron by DAVID CATRON
July 31, 2019, 6:06 PM

New Age author Marianne Williamson had a big night. The latter was widely declared the “breakout winner” of Tuesday’s debate due to effusions such as this:

The racism, the bigotry, and the entire conversation that we’re having here tonight — if you think any of this wonkiness is going to deal with this dark psychic force of the collectivized hatred that this president is bringing up in this country, then I’m afraid that the Democrats are going to see some very dark days.

Her solution to defeating the forces of darkness was received by the audience as a combination of the Sermon on the Mount and the Gettysburg Address, but it will perhaps seem a little trite to those who have thus far been unequal to the task of balancing their chakras. What she wants us to do is have a national conversation on hate and racism. It may seem to many readers that this is just about all the hell we talk about anymore, but Williamson seems to believe that the subject hasn’t yet been sufficiently ventilated. Moreover, and this can be verified by reading a transcript, she actually thinks Democrats haven’t spoken out enough on this issue and implores them to break their silence:

We need to say it like it is … it’s all over this country, it’s particularly people of color — it’s particularly people who do not have the money to fight back. And if the Democrats don’t start saying it, then why would those people feel that they’re there for us and if those people don’t feel it, they won’t vote for us.

It is no surprise, then, that a new Gallup poll shows that two-thirds of Americans are against it: “67% say government should not provide cash payments to slaves’ descendants.” Even Democrats are divided on the issue: “Currently, 49% of Democrats say the government should make such payments; 47% say it should not.” Part of the problem is, of course, figuring out who gets paid and how much. Nonetheless, Williamson believes she has worked those minor issues out and provides this answer:

It’s $500 billion, $200 billion to $500 billion payment of a debt that is owed.… If you did the math of the 40 acres and a mule, given that there was 4 million to 5 million slaves at the end of the Civil War, four to five — and they were all promised 40 acres and a mule for every family of four, if you did the math today, it would be trillions of dollars.… Anything less than $100 billion is an insult.

USA Today reports that Williamson was the most searched candidate on Google during the first night of the Democratic debate in Detroit: “Of the ten candidates on the stage Tuesday night, Williamson was the most searched in every state but Montana.” She was also trending like nobody’s business on Twitter throughout the debate, of course. She casts her campaign in terms of “love” versus “hate” and her closing remarks in June’s debate challenged President Trump as follows: “You have harnessed fear for political purposes, and only love can cast that out.… I will meet you on that field, and sir, love will win.” If only the Democrats were dumb enough to give her a shot at him.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Need to cut off her Kool Aid :rolleyes:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Need to cut off her Kool Aid :rolleyes:

She's been like this for over 40 years. Has multiple NY Times best sellers. She's really privileged.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 08:21 PM
She's been like this for over 40 years. Has multiple NY Times best sellers. She's really privileged.And out of touch with reality.

So she's fully-qualified to be a politician in the US :laugh:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:22 PM
And out of touch with reality.

So she's fully-qualified to be a politician in the US :laugh:

Out of touch? Really Gunny, you need some sort of alignment. :coffee:

Gunny
08-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Out of touch? Really Gunny, you need some sort of alignment. :coffee:Maybe. But that has nothing to do with the dingbat in question :)

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Maybe. But that has nothing to do with the dingbat in question :)

her feet do not touch the ground; meanwhile you just try to stay on your feet. ;) She makes me laugh, a first for a democrat.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 09:17 PM
her feet do not touch the ground; meanwhile you just try to stay on your feet. ;) She makes me laugh, a first for a democrat.I didn't say I wasn't laughing at her :laugh:

Nice to know I'm part of a "Dark Force" :laugh:

Elessar
08-01-2019, 09:20 PM
I didn't say I wasn't laughing at her :laugh:

I guess I am too.!

Gunny
08-01-2019, 09:21 PM
I guess I am too.!Racist.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 09:51 PM
I didn't say I wasn't laughing at her :laugh:

I believe we must appreciate what we have, while we have it! :laugh2: I'm using this source because it has some of the best memes. I love David French, but he makes me look light and flighty. LOL! He is truly analyzing what she is doing, which IS sort a scary.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-meaning-of-the-marianne-williamson-moment/

While she had a number of memorable answers, her main moment — the response that set the Internet aflame and launched a thousand memes — was her declaration that “wonkiness” was inadequate to address the “dark psychic force of collectivized hatred” that Donald Trump was “bring up in this country.” She was responding to a question about the water crisis in Flint, Mich., and she said this:

I assure you — I lived in Grosse Pointe, what happened in Flint would not have happened in Grosse Pointe. This is part of the dark underbelly of American society. The racism, the bigotry, and the entire conversation that we’re having here tonight. If you think any of this wonkiness is going to deal with this dark psychic force of the collectivized hatred that this president is bringing up in this country, then I’m afraid that the Democrats are going to see some very dark days.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Who was it that called us “minions”?

:coffee:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Who was it that called us “minions”?

:coffee:

I might have, the kids were crazy for them in school. It was a collective though on the avatars for awhile. ;)