PDA

View Full Version : House Now Has The Number For Impeachment

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Still thinking somehow Nancy will stop the nightmare for 2020:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-majority-of-house-democrats-now-back-trump-impeachment-inquiry

GAINING STEAM
Majority of House Democrats Now Back Trump Impeachment Inquiry
Rep. Ted Deutch is the 118th Democrat to support the effort, bringing support for it to a symbolic milestone in the House.

Julia Arciga
Reporter
Updated 08.01.19 5:23PM ET / Published 08.01.19 8:49AM ET

The majority of the House Democratic caucus now supports an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump, with Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) becoming the 118th Democrat in the chamber to support moving to such proceedings.

“[President Trump] seems to think that Mueller’s performance wasn’t enough to trigger an impeachment inquiry,” the congressman wrote in an op-ed in the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Sorry, Mr. President, the question is no longer whether the House should vote to proceed with a formal impeachment inquiry. The inquiry has already begun.”

A spokesperson for Deutch confirmed to Politico that he would vote for an impeachment inquiry if such a vote was requested.

Deutch’s announcement is the latest in the slow but steady churn of Democratic representatives coming out in favor of launching the impeachment process, despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) resistance to the idea. And it represents both a dark milestone for the president and a new set of complications for House Democrat leadership, which earlier this year argued that they could not begin impeachment proceedings, in part, because the majority of the party did not support doing so.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 08:20 PM
I didn't know the exact number of over-the-top, short-sighted and stupid Dems in the House until now :smoke:

Nobody is going to win from this. Not the People, Not the Dems, and not the future of this Nation.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:23 PM
I didn't know the exact number of over-the-top, short-sighted and stupid Dems in the House until now :smoke:

Nobody is going to win from this. Not the People, Not the Dems, and not the future of this Nation.

Nancy pushed through Obamacare, do not underestimate her. She really knows of what you speak.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 08:27 PM
If the Dems can take down the President of the United States for nothing but sour grapes, this country has fallen off the rails bigtime.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:39 PM
If the Dems can take down the President of the United States for nothing but sour grapes, this country has fallen off the rails bigtime.

It would never get through the Senate, Republican controlled.

I don't think Pelosi will allow it to go into a House vote. Like I said, it was her, not Obama that got his healthcare plan through.

Elessar
08-01-2019, 09:14 PM
What is the problem with no grounds?

"High Crimes and Misdemeanors" according to the statute.

Where are they? Just because Maxine Waters declared it the day Trump was elected?

It is a bunch of horseshit!

Gunny
08-01-2019, 09:15 PM
It would never get through the Senate, Republican controlled.

I don't think Pelosi will allow it to go into a House vote. Like I said, it was her, not Obama that got his healthcare plan through.We shall see. I don't underestimate her. Much. Until she's caught in a dumbass gaffe :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Just more proof of what the dem party is.
A lying self-serving bunch of corrupt, ignorant, dishonorable , evil ffing pieces of shit.
And a true enemy of this nation and we true citizens.. ...
I'd quite happily spit on any one of them.. maggots.....
No crime found by Trump but lets impeach him anyways.. maggots-- no integrity... ---Tyr

icansayit
08-01-2019, 09:37 PM
A 2/3 of the House must vote to Impeach. And the Senate will not take it up.

The Constitution requires a two-thirds super majority to convict a person being impeached. The Senate enters judgment on its decision, whether that be to convict or acquit, and a copy of the judgment is filed with the Secretary of State.

https://litigation.findlaw.com/legal-system/presidential-impeachment-the-legal-standard-and-procedure.html
.................................................. .................................................. ................................................

The involuntary removal of a sitting President of the United States has never occurred in our history. The only legal way such can be accomplished is by the impeachment process. This article discusses the legal standard to be properly applied by members of the U.S. House of Representatives when voting for or against Articles of Impeachment, and members of the U.S. Senate when voting whether to convict and remove from office a President of the U.S., as well as the procedure to be followed.

Article I § 2 of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach (make formal charges against) and Article I § 3 gives the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Article II § 4 of the Constitution provides as follows:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

STTAB
08-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Still thinking somehow Nancy will stop the nightmare for 2020:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/a-majority-of-house-democrats-now-back-trump-impeachment-inquiry

All for show, there is not going to be an impeachment inquiry, and there never was going to be. Pelosi will allow the occasional resolution to be voted on when he knows it will fail, but if she gets the sense that the resolution might pass she'll shut it down with the quickness.

This has NEVER been about the Dems actually believing Trump committed a crime, it's about politics. Nancy is trying to have her cake and eat it to, so she's allowing the more idiotic Dems to rabble rouse for an impeachment inquiry that she doesn't believe in and doesn't want.

This is about muddying the waters for the 2020 elections. Nothing more.

Kathianne
08-02-2019, 08:38 AM
All for show, there is not going to be an impeachment inquiry, and there never was going to be. Pelosi will allow the occasional resolution to be voted on when he knows it will fail, but if she gets the sense that the resolution might pass she'll shut it down with the quickness.

This has NEVER been about the Dems actually believing Trump committed a crime, it's about politics. Nancy is trying to have her cake and eat it to, so she's allowing the more idiotic Dems to rabble rouse for an impeachment inquiry that she doesn't believe in and doesn't want.

This is about muddying the waters for the 2020 elections. Nothing more.

Again we disagree, she did not want anything moving with the impeachment, certainly not a majority of the house that could vote to create a list. She's not afraid of the numbers for conviction, but the articles might get away. See Clinton.

BTW, the number of Republicans retiring from the House is now 8.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Just more proof of what the dem party is.
A lying self-serving bunch of corrupt, ignorant, dishonorable , evil ffing pieces of shit.
And a true enemy of this nation and we true citizens.. ...
I'd quite happily spit on any one of them.. maggots.....
No crime found by Trump but lets impeach him anyways.. maggots-- no integrity... ---Tyr
Like I've been saying since they all lost their minds when Trump got elected and they started to show their true colors...

DEMOCRATS ARE THE PARTY OF TRASH. Never has that been more true. These people are begging for a second civil war.

STTAB
08-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Again we disagree, she did not want anything moving with the impeachment, certainly not a majority of the house that could vote to create a list. She's not afraid of the numbers for conviction, but the articles might get away. See Clinton.

BTW, the number of Republicans retiring from the House is now 8.

You think that Nancy Pelosi knowing what the results of the bullshit Clinton impeachment hearings were for the Republican House were for the Republicans wants her party to hold bullshit impeachment hearings for Trump ? I give her more credit than that. She's way too smart for that.

And we KNOW that she knows that the entire thing is bullshit. She never believed Trump broke the law. This is and always has been entirely political.

Kathianne
08-02-2019, 08:51 AM
You think that Nancy Pelosi knowing what the results of the bullshit Clinton impeachment hearings were for the Republican House were for the Republicans wants her party to hold bullshit impeachment hearings for Trump ? I give her more credit than that. She's way too smart for that.

And we KNOW that she knows that the entire thing is bullshit. She never believed Trump broke the law. This is and always has been entirely political.

Totally political. She does not think he's done anything impeachable nor does she want that to dominate the short time before the elections really heat up now that school is back in session. Nope, this is not what she wants. She is trying to control her members, which are closing in on full revolt.

STTAB
08-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Totally political. She does not think he's done anything impeachable nor does she want that to dominate the short time before the elections really heat up now that school is back in session. Nope, this is not what she wants. She is trying to control her members, which are closing in on full revolt.

We're saying the same thing lol

I think she encouraged the "let's impeach the bastard........" talk to gin up anger and support among progressives but as often happens , she lost control. She only wanted them to talk about impeachment , she never wanted an actual vote...

And I think now that the numbers look like they may actually vote in favor if a vote were held, she'll squash it, I wouldn't expect another floor vote on impeachment

Kathianne
08-02-2019, 09:28 AM
We're saying the same thing lol

I doubt that.

STTAB
08-02-2019, 09:33 AM
I doubt that.

WHy is that? LOL we just agreed. Nancy Pelosi doesn't actually believe Trump broke the law and has simply allowed the impeachment nonsense to fester to appease the far left of the party and she no interest in actually impeaching Trump.