PDA

View Full Version : Agenda 21 .. not really a conspiracy

SassyLady
08-02-2019, 11:02 PM
https://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/

London a National Park?

LETTER FROM LONDON...AGENDA 21 (https://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/the-way-we-see-itour-blog/letter-from-londonagenda-21)

7/26/2019
4 Comments (https://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/the-way-we-see-itour-blog/letter-from-londonagenda-21#comments)

Hi Rosa,
I wrote to you a few years ago about the absurd petition to turn London into the first city in the world with national park status. This has now been achieved as of a week ago:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/07/london-national-park-city/

The range and speed of freedom-destroying Agenda21 policies that London is churning out is eyewatering - and other cities are jumping on board. London has a new Ultra High Emission Zone (ULEZ) that operates 24/7 and which means that ALL diesel vehicles (and many others) within London will be subject to a tax of £12.50 per day.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone
That's an extra £4400 ($5000 US) paid each year just for having the audacity to own and drive your car in London. Many boroughs of London now charge diesels double for parking permits and street parking. Of course the idea was always to curb freedom of movement - to get you out of your car. And it's working: I was forced to sell my car because I simply cannot afford to pay £4k extra just for owning it. Further, I sold it at an enormous loss because its value plummeted overnight thanks to the ULEZ policy - no one in London will buy a used diesel now...

Those brainwashed fools in Extinction Rebellion and school girls in Sweden believe that measures such as these do not go far enough, and are demanding that the UK achieve the impossible feat of banning all fossil fuels and producing net zero carbon emissions by 2025. These idiot zealots want nothing less than to bring the Orwellian hopes of Maurice Strong to fruition: "isnt it our duty to make sure that Western economies collapse in order to save the planet?" - and progressive London is more than happy to make this happen by nickle-and-dime-ing everyone into slavery - and the kicker is that the ordinary brainwashed UK citizen is calling for this, demanding it. Did they never stop to think what living in a collapsed economy looks like? They have all been programmed to believe a beautiful green future awaits full of windmills and birdsong and bees and sunshine - but the future planned for everyone is a dystopian nightmare that marries the films 'The Hunger Games' with 'Elysium'.
The Georgia Guidestones state that the entire planet population should not exceed 500 million people. Let that number sink in...

Please keep posting your material. From where I sit in London things look increasingly grim, and the Green Religion is rising - so your voice continues to be crucial in the fight against Agenda 21.
All the best, AL

Noir
08-03-2019, 03:26 AM
Kind of an odd letter - The ULEZ is not a large area, and very easily avoidable (map attached) ofcourse it could be extended in the future but as of now it’s interesting that the person saw this as such a big problem that they sold their car at an “enormous loss”?

They also said they can’t afford to pay the extra £4K per year just to “own” the car - at £12.50 per day this person is driving through the ULEZ 320 days a year??

SassyLady
08-03-2019, 04:10 AM
Kind of an odd letter - The ULEZ is not a large area, and very easily avoidable (map attached) ofcourse it could be extended in the future but as of now it’s interesting that the person saw this as such a big problem that they sold their car at an “enormous loss”?

They also said they can’t afford to pay the extra £4K per year just to “own” the car - at £12.50 per day this person is driving through the ULEZ 320 days a year??

Permits?

The point is that Agenda 21 is encroaching into every aspect of life and it's designed to make the masses dependent on mass transit and to give up independence of vehicle ownership. Easier to control people if they don't live in the burbs or rural areas.

Noir
08-03-2019, 04:21 AM
Permits?

The point is that Agenda 21 is encroaching into every aspect of life and it's designed to make the masses dependent on mass transit and to give up independence of vehicle ownership. Easier to control people if they don't live in the burbs or rural areas.

What about permits?

Gunny
08-03-2019, 03:36 PM

They also said they can’t afford to pay the extra £4K per year just to “own” the car - at £12.50 per day this person is driving through the ULEZ 320 days a year??"Not a large area". Yet :rolleyes:

Toe in the door. Where it all starts for the left. While arguing vehemently against any notion there might be a "slippery slope".

SassyLady
08-03-2019, 11:31 PM
What about permits?

Permits make having car not affordable.

Noir
08-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Permits make having car not affordable.

I am not aware of any required permits for cars anywhere in the U.K.

SassyLady
08-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I am not aware of any required permits for cars anywhere in the U.K.

Article stated double parking permit fees for diesel.

Noir
08-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Article stated double parking permit fees for diesel.

Oh of course parking - I’ve only ever seen it applied to residents parking, I would not be the slightest bit surprised to learn that people were being overcharged for parking in central London.

Drummond
08-04-2019, 08:53 PM
"Not a large area". Yet :rolleyes:

Toe in the door. Where it all starts for the left. While arguing vehemently against any notion there might be a "slippery slope".

The emphasis in our media has been about extending these to all our other major cities, in time. Basically ... large cities will naturally attract businesses to them. Along comes some (usually Leftie) authority or other, to find a way of taxing the guts out of travel within them !

As for London, though .. there are indeed plans afoot to expand the coverage area ! Courtesy of our Left-supported, Trump-bashing Muslim mayor, then (this naturally comes with supportive text to help sell it, as, after all, the Guardian is a Leftie paper !) .. see ..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jun/08/sadiq-khan-unveils-plans-london-ultra-low-emission-zone-pollution

Sadiq Khan has unveiled details of his plan to introduce an “ultra-low emission zone” covering a huge swath of London in the next few years.

The scheme, which will see the most polluting vehicles charged for entering the centre of the capital from April next year, will be extended to the North Circular and South Circular roads in 2021.

Clean air campaigners said the move would improve the quality of life for hundreds of thousands of people, although some called for the wider clean-air zone to be introduced earlier.

Air pollution contributes to 40,000 deaths a year in the UK and causes long-term health problems for hundreds of thousands of people. It disproportionately affects children and poorer Londoners.

This link carries an image of the intended area (which I've tried but failed to copy, to present it in this post .. check the link if interested). It doesn't QUITE cover ALL of London, but it comes close !! Enfield, for example, marks the northernmost borough in London.

Kathianne
08-04-2019, 08:59 PM
The emphasis in our media has been about extending these to all our other major cities, in time. Basically ... large cities will naturally attract businesses to them. Along comes some (usually Leftie) authority or other, to find a way of taxing the guts out of travel within them !

As for London, though .. there are indeed plans afoot to expand the coverage area ! Courtesy of our Left-supported, Trump-bashing Muslim mayor, then (this naturally comes with supportive text to help sell it, as, after all, the Guardian is a Leftie paper !) .. see ..

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jun/08/sadiq-khan-unveils-plans-london-ultra-low-emission-zone-pollution

This link carries an image of the intended area (which I've tried but failed to copy, to present it in this post .. check the link if interested). It doesn't QUITE cover ALL of London, but it comes close !! Enfield, for example, marks the northernmost borough in London.

I couldn't copy that either, but found this. Is it the same?

https://www.onlondon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Screen-Shot-2019-03-13-at-06.21.58-1024x715.png

Drummond
08-05-2019, 12:03 AM
I couldn't copy that either, but found this. Is it the same?

https://www.onlondon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Screen-Shot-2019-03-13-at-06.21.58-1024x715.png

Looks v similar (I think the original link showed Enfield above its northern perimeter, whereas this one shows Edmonton .. Edmonton is at the southern tip of the borough of Enfield, & within its border). Anyway, the point is made ... you can see the differences in coverage between the orange shaded area (current) and intended area (yellow).

Someday, probably fairly soon, a gang of empowered Lefties is going to come along and insist that every single town and city we have gets the same level of coverage. Should be wonderful for businesses !

Gunny
08-05-2019, 09:21 AM
Oh of course parking - I’ve only ever seen it applied to residents parking, I would not be the slightest bit surprised to learn that people were being overcharged for parking in central London.You are charged to park at your residence and see nothing wrong with it :smoke:

Driving is taxed here way more than most people think. They still haven't gotten around to taxing us for parking on our own property though.

Noir
08-05-2019, 09:48 AM
You are charged to park at your residence and see nothing wrong with it :smoke:

Driving is taxed here way more than most people think. They still haven't gotten around to taxing us for parking on our own property though.

It'll be in your properties contract - if you don’t have off road parking and living in a built up area. Really you’re not parking it on your property because you don’t own the road near your house.

Gunny
08-05-2019, 09:59 AM
It'll be in your properties contract - if you don’t have off road parking and living in a built up area. Really you’re not parking it on your property because you don’t own the road near your house.We still don't get charged for it. Not in San Antonio, Tx anyway. Downtown? You bet. You have private parking or you pay. But that is a commercial area.

If people were charged for parking on the street in the US it would probably pay off our deficit. Or cause people to sell their vehicles; which, goes right back to the OP's point. Or, it would cause a rebellion :laugh:

Noir
08-05-2019, 10:47 AM
We still don't get charged for it. Not in San Antonio, Tx anyway. Downtown? You bet. You have private parking or you pay. But that is a commercial area.

If people were charged for parking on the street in the US it would probably pay off our deficit. Or cause people to sell their vehicles; which, goes right back to the OP's point. Or, it would cause a rebellion :laugh:

So your system is the same as ours - living in a commercial area without personal car parking requires a paid permit.

Kathianne
08-05-2019, 11:07 AM
So your system is the same as ours - living in a commercial area without personal car parking requires a paid permit.

Mostly not. There's street parking and most apartment buildings have levels of parking. Most of the big businesses do too.

Noir
08-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Mostly not. There's street parking and most apartment buildings have levels of parking. Most of the big businesses do too.

yeah it’s mostly not here too - like I don’t know anyone who has to pay for a parking permit (not even my mum who lives in a city and her entire area has zero off-street parking) but I’m aware of them existing some places.

Also you're probably in a better position to have parking in the States even in much more urban areas just due to the difference in development cycles between American and British cities.

SassyLady
08-05-2019, 11:15 AM

The only time I ever pay to park right now is at airport. Yes, there are places downtown where parking meters are used, or parking in garages, but you can still find restaurants with free parking if you know where to look.

What I don't like is being fined for not wanting to be a part of the herd.

Kathianne
08-05-2019, 11:22 AM
The only time I ever pay to park right now is at airport. Yes, there are places downtown where parking meters are used, or parking in garages, but you can still find restaurants with free parking if you know where to look.

What I don't like is being fined for not wanting to be a part of the herd.

Yeah, even in Chicago if you're visiting, you can find street parking unless it's snowing. LOL! In the snow people put chairs, tables, etc., after they clear their space.

You might have to walk some, but you can find the parking.

I'd pay for parking if going to the theater, simply because of shoes and late exit. Other than that? Nah.

STTAB
08-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Yeah, even in Chicago if you're visiting, you can find street parking unless it's snowing. LOL! In the snow people put chairs, tables, etc., after they clear their space.

You might have to walk some, but you can find the parking.

I'd pay for parking if going to the theater, simply because of shoes and late exit. Other than that? Nah.

The only time I pay to park is when going to a Razorback football or basketball games, the University has limited parking near the stadiums, all of it reserved and or pay to park, hell even if you park off campus if you want to be within 5 miles of the stadium, you'll pay. There are businesses and homes near campus that charge upwards of $20 per vehicle to park during a game.

If you've even been the University of Arkansas you know that walking more than a mile to or from your vehicle is a piss poor alternative due to the hills.

I'll just pay for the parking pass along with my season tickets, My spot is about 500 feet from the Basketball Arena , maybe 1500 feet from the football stadi.

Hot Dogger
12-15-2019, 04:56 AM
Greta Thunberg will one day be Mayor of London, of course she'll have to first convert to Islam. I hope she enacts a soccer ball kicking tax, one pound a kick, since kicking a soccer ball causes sweating, which in turn causes Global Warming and smog. Londoners are stark raving mad about soccer, so I believe they can kick their way to sustainability in no time. I see the United States enacting a similar 'baseball bat swinging tax' should Bernie Sanders or Al Gore make it into the Oval Office. Keep hope alive.