PDA

View Full Version : "Emotions respond more to spectacle than to data"

jimnyc
08-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Ain't that the truth! I always said that much of the liberals run on emotion and live and die by emotion. They don't care for facts. Post facts including black folks for any reason and you're racist. Post facts about guns and you're a baby killer. :rolleyes:

Neil is 100% correct here and I am far from a fan of his, just caught this story online about this controversy as many on the left are trying to condemn him now.

I checked all the stats and they are about spot on. Some a little higher. But perhaps since not guns, not sensationalized, whatever the reason, those MANY more deaths per year don't get much attention, and very little "emotion" about them. - My checked stats below article....

Even from CNN, but I read it on a celebrity site first, and it's all over the place today.

---

Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash after tweeting about shooting deaths

(CNN)Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash online after he tweeted about gun deaths over the weekend.

In the tweet, the astrophysicist and author coolly referred to the mass shooting deaths in Ohio and Texas, suggesting they pale in comparison to deaths from other causes, namely illness and accidents.

https://i.imgur.com/PybYYmY.png

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/neil-degrasse-tyson-gun-death-tweets-trnd/index.html

John's Hopkins study found perhaps 250,000 - 440,000 deaths per year by medical error - Neil's numbers 500 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

CDC numbers show 55k deaths per year from the flu aka Influenza - Neil's numbers - 300 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

CDC numbers show 45k per year in suicides - Neil's numbers - 250 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

Car accidents - 37,133 in 2017 and then 36,750 in 2018 - Neil's numbers - 200 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

STTAB
08-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Ain't that the truth! I always said that much of the liberals run on emotion and live and die by emotion. They don't care for facts. Post facts including black folks for any reason and you're racist. Post facts about guns and you're a baby killer. :rolleyes:

Neil is 100% correct here and I am far from a fan of his, just caught this story online about this controversy as many on the left are trying to condemn him now.

I checked all the stats and they are about spot on. Some a little higher. But perhaps since not guns, not sensationalized, whatever the reason, those MANY more deaths per year don't get much attention, and very little "emotion" about them. - My checked stats below article....

Even from CNN, but I read it on a celebrity site first, and it's all over the place today.

---

Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash after tweeting about shooting deaths

(CNN)Neil deGrasse Tyson is facing backlash online after he tweeted about gun deaths over the weekend.

In the tweet, the astrophysicist and author coolly referred to the mass shooting deaths in Ohio and Texas, suggesting they pale in comparison to deaths from other causes, namely illness and accidents.

https://i.imgur.com/PybYYmY.png

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/neil-degrasse-tyson-gun-death-tweets-trnd/index.html

John's Hopkins study found perhaps 250,000 - 440,000 deaths per year by medical error - Neil's numbers 500 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

CDC numbers show 55k deaths per year from the flu aka Influenza - Neil's numbers - 300 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

CDC numbers show 45k per year in suicides - Neil's numbers - 250 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

Car accidents - 37,133 in 2017 and then 36,750 in 2018 - Neil's numbers - 200 every 48 then x15 then x12 =

True statements, poor time to make them.

Just lends credence to the left's belief that conservatives have no feelings.

pete311
08-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Today he retracted and apologized

Kathianne
08-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Today he retracted and apologized

In actuality, he apologized for the timing, 'not helpful to those hurting, in shock, etc.,' not the content. Not a retraction.

STTAB
08-05-2019, 11:33 AM
In actuality, he apologized for the timing, 'not helpful to those hurting, in shock, etc.,' not the content. Not a retraction.

Just amazing to me how many people have to apologize for things they tweeted out without thinking beforehand. You would think that by now people would start policing their tweets before posting.

pete311
08-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Just amazing to me how many people have to apologize for things they tweeted out without thinking beforehand. You would think that by now people would start policing their tweets before posting.

Like Trump?

STTAB
08-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Like Trump?

Unlike you dishonest Pete, I don't pick and choose who I berate for some activities while ignoring the same activity from others based on politics. Trump is a dumb motherfucker on Twitter and I've said that a thousand times right on this message board.

Meanwhile can you bring your pathetic worm self to say anything negative about ANY Democrat? No you can't, because you are disgusting vile half man with zero integrity.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Like Trump?
He's usually right.

What all you democrats and anti Trumper TDS people find so objectionable is that he CAN and DOES tweet doing an end run around your democrat propaganda wing and outrage mill. If you had your way you'd shut him up COMPLETELY. You'd love to shut ALL conservatives up. So it's not 100% about WHAT he tweets, it's about the WAY he tweets. The truth seems to trigger you people to no end. It's actually a beautiful thing.