PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to be good?

09-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Why or why not? What are you doing to be good?

shattered
09-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Good is such a relative term.

Define it.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Yes, I am a goody 2 shoes! :D

I try to follow the golden rule, by treating others as I would want them to treat me in similar circumstances. (In essence of itself, that is good)

jd

darin
09-05-2007, 07:58 AM
absolutely - Good is 'truth'

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I try my best to be good. Of course my "good" might not be your "good" but on balance I'd say I'm pretty good at being good.

I don't want to be bad because I have a conscience, I'm not a sociopath or suffering from a narcissism problem so not caring about my actions and their effect on others isn't open to me.

Damn it :laugh2:

82Marine89
09-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I've been told I was good, but with practice I could be better. Does that make me bad? :)

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Some people say I'm a good person, but I know better! My 'goodness' is there from birth, my badness was from years of hard practice. :)

shattered
09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Why or why not? What are you doing to be good?

Well, that'll teach you to word these types of questions better. :D

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 08:43 AM
absolutely - Good is 'truth'

Thank you DMP.

dont blow a gasket it was just a joke.

Yes I want to be good and being good is seeking a path in life of lesser harm to yourself adn those arround you.

I actually find it easier to be good than being not good.

When you lie to manipulate people to do no good you have to work very hard at it to keep straight what you said to who.

Being not so good always involves lies.

Truth just feels so much better than lies.

I have was born finding truth much easier than lies.

I didnt have a particularly easy childhood and kept my self soothed by what the Truth really was.

The truth has always been my best friend.

The truth will set you free my friends.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you DMP.

Yes I want to be good and being good is seeking a path in life of lesser harm to yourself adn those arround you.

When you lie to manipulate people to do no good you have to work very hard at it to keep straight what you said to who.

I didnt have a particularly easy childhood and kept my self soothed by what the Truth really was.

I get it! "In slackerism there is truth". I can do that :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, that'll teach you to word these types of questions better. :D

I have defined truth ,why dont you give it a shot.

Try not living in hate for just a few minutes you may like it.

Little red square do not a discussion make cutie pie.

shattered
09-05-2007, 09:01 AM

Hating takes far too much energy, cupcake.. For me to exhibit *that* much energy, you'd have to be worth it..

You're not.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM

If you've defined "truth" then you're going to have a bunch of philosophy professors banging on your door any minute now :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Hating takes far too much energy, cupcake.. For me to exhibit *that* much energy, you'd have to be worth it..

You're not.

Then why even bother to go use the little red squares?

You must have seen yourself in my post?

You seem to be very like some of the people I talked about who have to remember what they said to whom.

I never see you really discuss anything you just seem to hang arround and flirt and then give little red squares to those your flirtees dont like.

Its a sad state of affairs but its the world you seem to inhabit and on the internet no less.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
real virtuality is better than virtual reality......

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
If you've defined "truth" then you're going to have a bunch of philosophy professors banging on your door any minute now :laugh2:

give it a shot my friend!

I defined it in they way it is embraced in my life.

shattered
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Then why even bother to go use the little red squares?

You must have seen yourself in my post?

You seem to be very like some of the people I talked about who have to remember what they said to whom.

I never see you really discuss anything you just seem to hang arround and flirt and then give little red squares to those your flirtees dont like.

Its a sad state of affairs but its the world you seem to inhabit and on the internet no less.

This from the one who spends more than 12 hours a day here? Heh.

Simple - I have to rep more people to go back to repping the people that actually have something decent to say. You were just in the line of fire. Not your fault. :D

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
give it a shot my friend!

I defined it in they way it is embraced in my life.

Ah, okay, you have given your personal definition of "truth". No argument from me, it's your personal definition.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
This from the one who spends more than 12 hours a day here? Heh.

Simple - I have to rep more people to go back to repping the people that actually have something decent to say. You were just in the line of fire. Not your fault. :D

I love that I can discuss politics in depth at any momment of the day on the internet.

I dont have to work , I do what I want and sit here and discuss things which I love to discuss.

I am up and down all day long ,the dog park, the store,mowing the lawn, cooking dinner, hanging with my son.

I live a life of simple pleasures and that is how I like it. In a few years when my hubby retires we will get to do it all together all day long.

I used to have people look down on me for being a stay at home and now I find most people just look at me enviously when they realise I do what ever I want whenever I want.

I thought I would hate it all those years ago when my hubby asked me to do it. It turns out to be a Gift to all our lives. He makes a shitload too so retirement will be very comfy. Funny though we dont really need it because we are both just down to earth family people.

Now you know more than you wanted to about me but thats ok I dont mind.

You may not believe this but I hope for you the same happiness in life I have found.

That is the absolute truth.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2007, 09:24 AM
what is truth?.....precisely!......truth = what is......

shattered
09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
I love that I can discuss politics in depth at any momment of the day on the internet.

I dont have to work , I do what I want and sit here and discuss things which I love to discuss.

I am up and down all day long ,the dog park, the store,mowing the lawn, cooking dinner, hanging with my son.

I live a life of simple pleasures and that is how I like it. In a few years when my hubby retires we will get to do it all together all day long.

I used to have people look down on me for being a stay at home and now I find most people just look at me enviously when they realise I do what ever I want whenever I want.

I thought I would hate it all those years ago when my hubby asked me to do it. It turns out to be a Gift to all our lives. He makes a shitload too so retirement will be very comfy. Funny though we dont really need it because we are both just down to earth family people.

Now you know more than you wanted to about me but thats ok I dont mind.

You may not believe this but I hope for you the same happiness in life I have found.

That is the absolute truth.

Typical lib.. Sits at home on her ass, doing nothing, and telling other people what's wrong with THEM, and what THEY'RE doing wrong.

You're right. You ARE the epitomy of "good".

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Typical lib.. Sits at home on her ass, doing nothing, and telling other people what's wrong with THEM, and what THEY'RE doing wrong.

Typical lib, hoping for happiness for you :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 09:36 AM

Its Family values huh.

I valued my family over having four houses instead of two.

My son ( and many of his friends over the years who were latch key kids who came to my house and played ,swam, got feed healthy meals , got boo boos fixed , got told they were great people , got advice and always had someone to call when Mom and Dad were at work and they were scared or needed help) really apreciated it.

I have always found it funny that republicans are always the ones who call what I did LAZINESS.

I live family values and many just Mouth it.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Thank you DMP.

Then WHY do you LIE so much on this board? Why do you BELIEVE and PROPAGATE Lies?

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Heres your problem , I dont lie.

Please go find what you think are lies and we will discuss them if you let me?

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not only good, I am VERY good. Closer to excellent.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Heres your problem , I dont lie.

Please go find what you think are lies and we will discuss them if you let me?

Okay - here's ONE of your lies:

He means anyone who speaks out against the war.

There you go - I accept your apology in advance, without you even having to ask. Just know you lack ANY credibility because you lie so much.

:)

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
The pot calls the kettle black.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Okay - here's ONE of your lies:

There you go - I accept your apology in advance, without you even having to ask. Just know you lack ANY credibility because you lie so much.

:)

How is this a lie?

You say uber-left wing liberals and then claim its not the democrats and then go on to list the Democratic leadership of the party by name later on in the thread.

It was my opinion of what you were saying and pretty much showed to be what you arguing later in the thread.

darin
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
How is this a lie?

You say uber-left wing liberals and then claim its not the democrats and then go on to list the Democratic leadership of the party by name later on in the thread.

It was my opinion of what you were saying and pretty much showed to be what you arguing later in the thread.

It's a lie because I said ONE THING...You said I said something ELSE. See? Lie.

Gaffer
09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Good at What?

Abbey Marie
09-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Good at What?

Don't worry Gaffer. I suspect that you are good at everything anyway. :salute:

GW in Ohio
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
I thought the poll question was:

Do you want to be God?

I said no, thank you. I have enough trouble being myself.

Gaffer
09-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought the poll question was:

Do you want to be God?

I said no, thank you. I have enough trouble being myself.

See you DO have a reading comprehension problem.

09-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Good is such a relative term.

Define it.

i didnt define it so people would specifically vote on their own perception of it.

09-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Truth is things as they are, things as they were, and things as they will be.

In other words reality.

April15
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I had to vote no. I am good so it is not a case of want.

Kathianne
09-05-2007, 08:28 PM
I try to be good, as it's the right thing to do. I do so for my own children, I do so for my students, I do so for myself.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I had to vote no. I am good so it is not a case of want.

Overachiever :laugh2:

musicman
09-07-2007, 02:59 AM
real virtuality is better than virtual reality......

LOL - that ranks right up there with, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy".

Yes - I want to be good. I really try. But I mess up a lot!

PostmodernProphet
09-07-2007, 05:37 AM
my wife used to have this on the refrigerator.....

"So far today I have been doing well. I have not lost my temper, I have not gossiped. I have not given into cravings and I have kept temptation at bay. I have not lost patience with my children, and I have not spent money on things I do not require. So far Lord, I am doing pretty well all on my own.

But Lord.... I'm about to get out of bed, and I'm gonna need some help from here on."

GW in Ohio
09-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Badness is trailing goodness in the poll by 12-4.

I appeal to my fellow shiftless, immoral liberals.......get out there and vote.

Don't let these goddamned goodies win.

Vote twice, just like we do in Chicago.

manu1959
09-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Then WHY do you LIE so much on this board? Why do you BELIEVE and PROPAGATE Lies?

truth is relative....

09-12-2007, 03:18 PM
truth is relative....

then its not truth.