PDA

View Full Version : WAPO Laments the First Amendment?

Kathianne
08-12-2019, 10:41 PM
I've used up my free access to WAPO, but this headline does seem to say it all. If anyone has subscription, perhaps it's just a bad headline?

Why free speech makes it difficult to prosecute white supremacy (https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/08/08/why-free-speech-makes-it-difficult-prosecute-white-supremacy-america/)https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../why-free-speech-makes-it-difficult-prosecute-white-...
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/08/08/why-free-speech-makes-it-difficult-prosecute-white-supremacy-america/)
4 days ago - “Today's white supremacists adhere to both a tactic and folklore of leaderless resistance which glorifies lone actors or small cells that have ...

Note, it's NOT saying prosecuting acts, just having joined into a warped movement should be prosecuted and for some reason, the first gets in the way.

Elessar
08-12-2019, 10:48 PM
I've used up my free access to WAPO, but this headline does seem to say it all. If anyone has subscription, perhaps it's just a bad headline?

Note, it's NOT saying prosecuting acts, just having joined into a warped movement should be prosecuted and for some reason, the first gets in the way.

Reading it, it is just a journalist expressing a warped opinion. Some of the comments below the article echo that.
She needs to get her head out her ass and view reality, not some leftist dogma.

Kathianne
08-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Reading it, it is just a journalist expressing a warped opinion. Some of the comments below the article echo that.
She needs to get her head out her ass and view reality, not some leftist dogma.

Could you copy and paste the first couple paragraphs and the conclusion? Thanks.

Is she arguing for prosecution of those belonging officially or by accusation to said group?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2019, 06:41 AM
She is basically expressing the dem party ideology- its platform.
Truth, tho' it is almost automatically rejected these days- is the dem party is so far left- so corrupt--so oriented to stand against most of the principles/beliefs that this nation was founded on that when one points out this reality--they are roundly condemned and called a conspiracy loon.
And even that criticism is a tactic from their Alinsky manual.
Dem party is so far gone that it is truly a sworn-hardcore enemy of this nation. A fact...
And that is a fact that very, very, very, few want to admit in anyway, IMHO.....

Their is a reason that schools no longer teach history as it was taught 30/50/80 years ago.
The dem party controls the public school system and use it as a brainwashing machine-fact.
History teaches so many valuable things to young people --to young citizens-- things the dem party desperately do not want those voters to know or consider.
Cold, hard- naked truth-- dem party hates it and hates those that believe in its power, correctness and ability to keep this nation on its original and founded footing.
You are a teacher and tho' (perhaps) you let your kindness keep you from agreeing with the reality I so often present- I do believe you see much of it--
I believe that because I see the immense strength , morality and intelligence in your character and your way of communicating with others.
And that which I truly admire and wish that I myself, had more of and a far better disposition to accept and practice...--Tyr

Elessar
08-13-2019, 08:11 AM
Here is what you requested Kath

There is a tool at the federal government’s disposal that was created in 1970 to take down mob bosses, mafia families and organized criminal enterprises — groups of people with a common ideology who made the United States less safe.

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) allowed the FBI and the Justice Department to hold accountable not just the low-level henchmen doing the dirty work, but the leaders and organizers behind desks who were making plans and issuing directives.

Since it became federal law and statutes like it were adopted in 35 states, RICO has been used in lawsuits and criminal prosecutions to target New York’s five organized crime families, sex abuse in the Catholic church, corporate executives accused of contributing to the opioid epidemic, and street gangs such as MS-13 and the Bloods and the Crips.

The Justice Department declined a request to be interviewed for this article; the FBI did not respond to a request for comment.

“The First Amendment is a major block in investigation and prosecution of a white supremacy group,” Blakey said. “But if they’re more than speech and they are action? The only way to find that out is with investigation.”

RICO, Blakey said, was drafted with the First Amendment in mind to curtail the powers of the federal government. To avoid problems raised during the prosecution of communists in the 1950s, RICO requires membership in an organization and participation in criminal behavior.

“What these people are doing is abusing free speech by using violence to spread their ideas, and as long as they do it with violence, they should be investigated and prosecuted,” Blakey said. “The First Amendment does not protect crime.”

Kathianne
08-13-2019, 08:33 AM
Here is what you requested Kath
Thank you! It does look like the gist is that the First Amendment does 'get in the way' of bringing charges, (she's arguing for RICO) charges, though for the life of me I haven't seen any reported crimes beyond something like OC bombing that had a White Supremacist aspect to it? Pretty hard to press RICO when there's not an organized crime.

I don't deny that there are white supremacists, but they seem more like individual losers that blame all their woes on anyone but themselves. Mind you, I do believe there is 'reverse discrimination' in many schools and in hiring, but the 'victims' tend to keep going until they find something-they work. Some keep working at removing the discrimination, which hopefully does happen but like all that has gone before, takes time.

The common thread of snowflakes of all persuasions is suspending or getting rid of our rights. Throwing out the 'constraints' of liberty, while screeching about how they are wronged.

Elessar
08-13-2019, 10:07 AM
Thank you! It does look like the gist is that the First Amendment does 'get in the way' of bringing charges, (she's arguing for RICO) charges, though for the life of me I haven't seen any reported crimes beyond something like OC bombing that had a White Supremacist aspect to it? Pretty hard to press RICO when there's not an organized crime.

I don't deny that there are white supremacists, but they seem more like individual losers that blame all their woes on anyone but themselves. Mind you, I do believe there is 'reverse discrimination' in many schools and in hiring, but the 'victims' tend to keep going until they find something-they work. Some keep working at removing the discrimination, which hopefully does happen but like all that has gone before, takes time.

The common thread of snowflakes of all persuasions is suspending or getting rid of our rights. Throwing out the 'constraints' of liberty, while screeching about how they are wronged.

That sums up the mindset pretty well!

STTAB
08-13-2019, 10:30 AM
If RICO charges need to be brought against any group, it's the DNC. They're the new mafia.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2019, 04:16 PM
We've known how the democrat party operates for quite awhile now... you disagree with them, they don't want to just tune you out and not listen to you, they want to SHUT YOU THE FUCK UP.

First Amendment... pfft... they don't give a damn about that if you disagree with them.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-13-2019, 10:26 PM
We've known how the democrat party operates for quite awhile now... you disagree with them, they don't want to just tune you out and not listen to you, they want to SHUT YOU THE FUCK UP.

First Amendment... pfft... they don't give a damn about that if you disagree with them.
Dem party identifies with Hitler/Stalin type tactics, (violence/murder/destruction first and foremost) and not with any Mahatma Gandhi type of opposition,
unless they think that is the only type to employ at the onset (and even that is getting less and less ).-Tyr