PDA

View Full Version : This Is Funny

Kathianne
08-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Now I can't see NYC retiring 5th Avenue, but if they have 'honorific' street names, like Chicago?

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/08/70000-sign-petition-rename-fifth-avenue-outside-trump-tower-obama/ (https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/08/70000-sign-petition-rename-fifth-avenue-outside-trump-tower-obama/)

“We request the New York City Mayor and City Council do the same by renaming a block of Fifth Avenue after the former president whose many accomplishments include: saving our nation from the Great Recession; serving two completely scandal-free terms in office; and taking out Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind September 11th, which killed over 3,000 New Yorkers,” the petition continues.

Elizabeth Rowin, the organizer behind the petition, told Newsweek in an interview released on Monday that the campaign first began as a joke last year.

“I honestly started it as a joke,” Rowin told the publication. “I saw a comedian joke about how it would make Trump so mad if it was named after former President Obama and thought why not.”

However, after the petition began to pick up traction online, Rowin said she decided to reach out to the New York City Council and received responses from some members who were interested in taking action on the cause.

STTAB
08-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Does ANYONE believe she started this as a joke? LOL

Elessar
08-14-2019, 12:53 PM
Fallacy of a premise, I say. Joke or not.
Among those 3000 dead were many from other nations;
but, yes, the majority were US citizens.

Someone blowing smoke up their own ass apparently.

Kathianne
08-14-2019, 12:55 PM
Fallacy of a premise, I say. Joke or not.
Among those 3000 dead were many from other nations;
but, yes, the majority were US citizens.

Someone blowing smoke up their own ass apparently.
Obama didn't kill 3k people.

Elessar
08-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Obama didn't kill 3k people.

I never said he did. I know full well the background of that incident.
We studied it with the creation of the Incident Command System and
Dept of Homeland Security by GWB. Prior to that event virtually every LE and Intel
agency acted independently and did not share intel. GWB put a screeching halt on that
after 9/11.

Kathianne
08-14-2019, 01:07 PM
I never said he did. I know full well the background of that incident.
We studied it with the creation of the Incident Command System and
Dept of Homeland Security by GWB. Prior to that event virtually every LE and Intel
agency acted independently and did not share intel. GWB put a screeching halt on that
after 9/11.

I respect that. I don't understand your previous post though. Someone asked if this was meant to be 'funny.' I think yes, if one were a leftist.

Elessar
08-14-2019, 01:13 PM
I respect that. I don't understand your previous post though. Someone asked if this was meant to be 'funny.' I think yes, if one were a leftist.

I did not gather your premise on your original message.

Kathianne
08-14-2019, 01:14 PM
I did not gather your premise on your original message.

Ok. You want me to remove the thread? `