PDA

View Full Version : lotsa concerts this fall

dan
09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Not really, but they all fall on weird days, where I had to adjust lots of plans to accommodate them.

Sept. 22 - Girl Talk, Dan Deacon at The MJQ Concourse in ATL. Indie dance/electronica, there's going to be lots of awkward white boys all-out dancing in this one!

Oct. 12-14 - The Echo Project, three-day festival southwest of Atlanta. Headliners: The Killers (I'll watch them, but, bleh), Phil Lesh & Friends (too hippie for me), and The Flaming Lips (no need for further comment). Plus, lots and lots of other good bands (Cypress Hill, The Bravery, Man Man, Tea Leaf Green, others....). My first festival, I hope it's fun. It's the first year they're doing this, so it won't be overcrowded or too commercialized.

Oct. 31 - Of Montreal, Grand Buffet, & MGMT at the 40 Watt in Athens. I know that Of Montreal is outstanding live, but I'm also really excited for Grand Buffet, too.

Nov. 18 - Bright Eyes in Charleston. I've been wanting to see them for a while, so I'm definitely excited for this.

nevadamedic
09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Not really, but they all fall on weird days, where I had to adjust lots of plans to accommodate them.

Sept. 22 - Girl Talk, Dan Deacon at The MJQ Concourse in ATL. Indie dance/electronica, there's going to be lots of awkward white boys all-out dancing in this one!

Oct. 12-14 - The Echo Project, three-day festival southwest of Atlanta. Headliners: The Killers (I'll watch them, but, bleh), Phil Lesh & Friends (too hippie for me), and The Flaming Lips (no need for further comment). Plus, lots and lots of other good bands (Cypress Hill, The Bravery, Man Man, Tea Leaf Green, others....). My first festival, I hope it's fun. It's the first year they're doing this, so it won't be overcrowded or too commercialized.

Oct. 31 - Of Montreal, Grand Buffet, & MGMT at the 40 Watt in Athens. I know that Of Montreal is outstanding live, but I'm also really excited for Grand Buffet, too.

Nov. 18 - Bright Eyes in Charleston. I've been wanting to see them for a while, so I'm definitely excited for this.

Ahhhhh The Killers, Flaming Lips and Cypress Hill, three excellent bands.:cool:

dan
09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Ahhhhh The Killers, Flaming Lips and Cypress Hill, three excellent bands.:cool:

I liked the Killers' first album a lot, but I was a little disappointed with the second one. Ripped off Springsteen a little too blatantly for me. And, of course, Cypress Hill is classic.

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I want to see Springsteen, Van Halen and The Donnas.

Guernicaa
09-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I want to see the White Stripes REALLY REALLY REALLY badly. But I don't know if they're going to come anywhere near me anytime soon.

I'm going to try and see these bands within the next 9 months:
-Brand New
-Bayside
-Breaking Benjamin
-Motion City Soundtrack

MtnBiker
09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Van Halen !

dan
09-05-2007, 09:36 PM
You guys are gonna hate me.... I had the chance to go to a Halen show free but turned it down, because I don't like the music. Let the flaming begin!

I'd love to see Springsteen, too. I would definitely watch The Donnas, as well, I have two of their older CDs, I love 'em.

I know the White Stripes toured Canada through most of the summer, I was pretty sure they were doing a US tour through end of summer and fall. Either way, I'd love to see them myself. Sort of offtopic, but I think Meg looks great with the lighter-colored hair.

hjmick
09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I want to see the White Stripes REALLY REALLY REALLY badly. But I don't know if they're going to come anywhere near me anytime soon.

Keep your eyes open, they're playing at The Forum in Los Angeles, this week I believe.

On a different note...I've got Jimmy Buffett tickets for 9/29.

manu1959
09-05-2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=33658

uh....this will be the only one worth seeing..........

manu1959
09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=33658

uh....this will be the only one worth seeing..........

hello...........zep

MtnBiker
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
hello...........zep

Sweet!!!

manu1959
09-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Sweet!!!

seriously....

dan
09-06-2007, 04:48 AM
That might definitely be one I'll have to check out, unless they're charging $250 like the Stones.

gabosaurus
09-06-2007, 11:56 AM
The only true Van Halen lineup was with Roth. Which is why I want to see them.
I have seen Springsteen several times. With the E Street Band, he is the greatest live performer of the rock generation. There is no one better.
I love The Donnas. They were one of my first concerts. My dad got me into the Roxy when I was in high school.

I can't get into the White Stripes. Their music is too minimalistic for me. Plus I don't like their songs.
Zeppelin, to me, is one of the most overplayed and overrated artists of all time. Their concerts were way too bloated with solos and excess wanking.

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I've seen Springsteen live from the small clubby Bottom Line in NYC, to Giant Stadium. Both were fantastic and memorable concerts in very different ways. You really cannot see a better show.

dan
09-07-2007, 04:48 AM
From The Onion AV Club:

The NME reports that the Led Zeppelin reunion dates at London's 02 Arena it previously reported are, in fact, in bogus, according to Led Zeppelin's promoter. However, promoter Harvey Goldsmith did not specifically deny that a reunion of the band's three surviving members won't take place at some point. (A supposedly defunct band having a promoter is sort-of a big tip-off that's something's up.) Zep is also set to release its umpteenth greatest hits collection later this year, so a tour announcement might come around then.