PDA

View Full Version : Psychiatrist on CNN about Trump

jimnyc
08-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Up to 65 million were killed under Hitler and Mao. And to just bring them up is disgusting, IMO, and what the left is further about.

Then the idiot on CNN claims to not have heard him. :rolleyes:
---

Psychiatrist on CNN: Trump May Be Responsible for Millions of More Deaths Than Hitler, Stalin, Mao

Sunday on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” psychiatrist Dr. Allen Frances said President Donald Trump “may be responsible for many more million deaths” than Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong.

Frances said, “I’ve known thousands of patients, almost all of them have been well-behaved well-mannered good people. Trump is none of these. Lumping the mentally ill with is a terrible insult and they have enough problems and stigma it is. Calling Trump crazy hides the fact that we’re crazy for having elected him and even crazier for allowing his crazy policies to persist.”

He added, “Trump is as destructive a person in this century as Hitler, Stalin, and Mao were in the last century. He may be responsible for many more million deaths than they were. He needs to be contained but he needs to be contained by attacking his policies, not his person. It’s crazy for us to be destroying the climate our children will live in. It’s crazy to be giving tax cuts to the rich that will add trillions of dollars to the debt our children will have to pay. It’s crazy to be destroying our democracy by claiming that the press and the courts of the enemy of the people. We have to face these policies not Trump’s person. Now it’s absolutely impossible, you can bet the House, that the Congress, that Pence, that the cabinet will never ever remove Trump on grounds of mental unfitness. That will never happen. Discussing the issue in psychological name-calling terms distracts us from getting out to vote.”

Update: Stelter tweeted regret for not challenging the comments by claiming he did hear Frances.

img]https://i.imgur.com/Ht4UHhD.png[/img]

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/08/25/psychiatrist-on-cnn-trump-may-be-responsible-for-millions-of-more-deaths-than-hitler-stalin-mao/

Gunny
08-25-2019, 03:41 PM
And here I thought they'd given up on the psych angle as even too stupid for them. Guess not :)

jimnyc
08-25-2019, 03:54 PM
Oh, very interesting. I now read THIS from another site. These folks sometimes just leave me shaking my head in both disbelief and disgust.

So after the above psychiatrist is done publicly shredding Trump's mental health, he goes on to say what's in the following article. Like any other good lefty, he's saying e'll gladly lie to the public if it helps them get rid of Trump. Nah, he's not leaning to one side.

Former Duke Psychiatrist Admits Trump Isn’t Mentally Ill, But ‘Go With It If It Will Get Him Out Of Office’

Former Duke Chair of Psychiatry Dr. Allen Frances admitted Sunday that President Donald Trump was not mentally ill, but suggested that if using that argument would get Trump removed from office, he would do it.

Frances appeared on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” with Brian Stelter to discuss what he felt were the dangers of declaring Trump mentally unfit — namely, he said, calling Trump “crazy” was an insult to people who do have mental illnesses.

“There is absolutely no doubt that Trump is dangerous,” Frances claimed, arguing that Trump was “dangerous because he’s a bad, evil con man” rather than because he was mentally ill. He then suggested that it would be acceptable to lie about Trump’s mental state if there was a way to use that false narrative to get him out of office.

“I think it’s very clear that he’s dangerous because he’s evil, he’s not dangerous because he’s mentally ill, and the mentally ill argument, if it would get him out of the office, I would say go with it even if it’s inaccurate,” Frances continued. “Anything to get this man out of office. But it won’t work, so piling on inaccuracy, stigma, the press will get people who know nothing about psychiatric diagnosis spouting off at the mouth, it won’t add to the discussion, it will distract from the political stuff and we have to focus on how evil —”

Stelter interrupted but did not push back on Frances’ willingness to lie to push Trump out of office. Instead, he said that he felt there was a need to “connect the dots,” adding, “There is something wrong here when he’s attacking his Federal Reserve chair, misspelling the guy’s name and doing 50 of those things a day. I’m kind of grasping for the language to use around this, but it’s —”

“I have — I think I have better language,” Frances cut in. “I think Trump is best characterized as a spoiled brat, as a baby having temper tantrums, as a completely unfit person unable to meet the challenges and the responsibilities of his office, as a con man, as a — the most narcissistic person maybe in our time and a narcissist for all times. All of these — as a thief. As a corrupter of others, as an obstructor of justice. These are terms that all make sense. Attributing every bad behavior that humanity is capable of to mental illness misses the point of evil and also stigmatizes the mentally ill.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/25/former-duke-psychiatrist-trump-isnt-mentally-ill-out-of-office/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-25-2019, 03:56 PM
The unhinged Trump bashing by the democrats continues, just non stop, they are absolutely out of their minds.

And I don't think this kind of asinine, apoplectic behavior appeals to that many Americans either. I think most now see the democrat party and it's propaganda wing as radical, anti America, nut case trash.

Elessar
08-25-2019, 04:25 PM
That Doc is Looney Tunes. He should have researched the numbers that were murdered
by the 3 he compared Trump with. Trump has not done a damn thing like that gang of three.

Gunny
08-25-2019, 04:29 PM
Oh, very interesting. I now read THIS from another site. These folks sometimes just leave me shaking my head in both disbelief and disgust.

So after the above psychiatrist is done publicly shredding Trump's mental health, he goes on to say what's in the following article. Like any other good lefty, he's saying e'll gladly lie to the public if it helps them get rid of Trump. Nah, he's not leaning to one side.

Former Duke Psychiatrist Admits Trump Isn’t Mentally Ill, But ‘Go With It If It Will Get Him Out Of Office’

Former Duke Chair of Psychiatry Dr. Allen Frances admitted Sunday that President Donald Trump was not mentally ill, but suggested that if using that argument would get Trump removed from office, he would do it.

Frances appeared on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” with Brian Stelter to discuss what he felt were the dangers of declaring Trump mentally unfit — namely, he said, calling Trump “crazy” was an insult to people who do have mental illnesses.

“There is absolutely no doubt that Trump is dangerous,” Frances claimed, arguing that Trump was “dangerous because he’s a bad, evil con man” rather than because he was mentally ill. He then suggested that it would be acceptable to lie about Trump’s mental state if there was a way to use that false narrative to get him out of office.

“I think it’s very clear that he’s dangerous because he’s evil, he’s not dangerous because he’s mentally ill, and the mentally ill argument, if it would get him out of the office, I would say go with it even if it’s inaccurate,” Frances continued. “Anything to get this man out of office. But it won’t work, so piling on inaccuracy, stigma, the press will get people who know nothing about psychiatric diagnosis spouting off at the mouth, it won’t add to the discussion, it will distract from the political stuff and we have to focus on how evil —”

Stelter interrupted but did not push back on Frances’ willingness to lie to push Trump out of office. Instead, he said that he felt there was a need to “connect the dots,” adding, “There is something wrong here when he’s attacking his Federal Reserve chair, misspelling the guy’s name and doing 50 of those things a day. I’m kind of grasping for the language to use around this, but it’s —”

“I have — I think I have better language,” Frances cut in. “I think Trump is best characterized as a spoiled brat, as a baby having temper tantrums, as a completely unfit person unable to meet the challenges and the responsibilities of his office, as a con man, as a — the most narcissistic person maybe in our time and a narcissist for all times. All of these — as a thief. As a corrupter of others, as an obstructor of justice. These are terms that all make sense. Attributing every bad behavior that humanity is capable of to mental illness misses the point of evil and also stigmatizes the mentally ill.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/25/former-duke-psychiatrist-trump-isnt-mentally-ill-out-of-office/This crap is hilarious :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-25-2019, 04:36 PM
This was the MSM story of the day that makes me ponder my not voting for the President. The stories are beyond the pale and so have been the use of government agencies trying to block his election, taking and retaining office.

Gunny
08-25-2019, 04:58 PM
This was the MSM story of the day that makes me ponder my not voting for the President. The stories are beyond the pale and so have been the use of government agencies trying to block his election, taking and retaining office..I've been against the left's tactics/attacks on Trump from the beginning. From Russian collusion, to alleged affairs, he's crazy ... non stop 24-7 from the media. The DOJ has dragged its feet every step of the way. People in his own party won't support him.

Then too, he's pissed off most of the rest of World.

He seems to be in pretty good mood mostly, considering what/who is on his plate. Better hope his stomach can match his appetite.

KarlMarx
08-26-2019, 06:29 PM
What a colossal idiot...

Trump is responsible for more deaths than Hitler, Mao...AND Stalin put together

You must be joking, right? You go on TV and make a claim like that with a straight face?

Hitler was responsible for nearly 40 million deaths

Stalin was responsible for at least that many

Mao was responsible for 60 million deaths

That’s 140 million deaths.

The population of the country is 300 million and some change.

So you mean to say that 1 out every 2 Americans have died since Trump’s election?

Honestly, some people are too stupid to be embarrassed... and obviously this one is... since he appeared on CNN with Brian Stelter.

BTW... making a psychiatric diagnosis on a person that you have not examined yourself violates the code of ethics set forth by the American Psych Association

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSM
08-26-2019, 08:23 PM
makes you wonder how those proposed "red flag laws" will be administered don't it!

STTAB
08-29-2019, 01:24 PM
This crap is hilarious :laugh2:

The left has ALWAYS been okay with lying to accomplish political goals. In fact if they were not okay with lying there is not one thing they stand for that would hold water.

Gun control - they lie
Abortion - they lie
Illegal immigration - they lie
Racism - they lie
Police brutality - they lie
Gender - they lie

etc etc etc, and they KNOW they are lies.

Well, the big muckety mucks . The morons who vote for them believe every single word of their crap.