PDA

View Full Version : kudos to Bernie Sander

jimnyc
08-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Classy move here.

--

Bernie Chastises Crowd For Cheering David Koch’s Death

"I don't applaud the death of somebody. We needn't do that."

Proving himself 1000% classier than Bill Maher and the hundred-plus leftist trolls on Twitter, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) chastised a crowd of supporters this weekend when they openly cheered billionaire David Koch's death.

According to CNN, Bernie's moment of civility came when he was taking questions from audience members at the Minnesota state fair.

"Yesterday, oligarch David Koch passed away," an audience member said to Bernie as the crowd erupted into cheers.

At first, Bernie only lightly chastised the crowd by signaling them to quiet down. Later, when he took the microphone, he told them the cheers were not appropriate before segueing into political talking points.

"I don't applaud the death of somebody. We needn't do that," Bernie began. "I think what we can say is that the Koch brothers and other billionaires, because of this disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision, have been able to spend hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to elect candidates who represent the wealthy and the powerful and the fossil fuel industry, which is where the Koch brothers made a lot of their money."

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/51030/watch-bernie-chastises-crowd-cheering-david-kochs-paul-bois

STTAB
08-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Classy move here.

--

Bernie Chastises Crowd For Cheering David Koch’s Death

"I don't applaud the death of somebody. We needn't do that."

Proving himself 1000% classier than Bill Maher and the hundred-plus leftist trolls on Twitter, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) chastised a crowd of supporters this weekend when they openly cheered billionaire David Koch's death.

According to CNN, Bernie's moment of civility came when he was taking questions from audience members at the Minnesota state fair.

"Yesterday, oligarch David Koch passed away," an audience member said to Bernie as the crowd erupted into cheers.

At first, Bernie only lightly chastised the crowd by signaling them to quiet down. Later, when he took the microphone, he told them the cheers were not appropriate before segueing into political talking points.

"I don't applaud the death of somebody. We needn't do that," Bernie began. "I think what we can say is that the Koch brothers and other billionaires, because of this disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision, have been able to spend hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to elect candidates who represent the wealthy and the powerful and the fossil fuel industry, which is where the Koch brothers made a lot of their money."

Rest - https://www.dailywire.com/news/51030/watch-bernie-chastises-crowd-cheering-david-kochs-paul-bois

Meh, some people need dead and I don't mind cheering when they get theirs. I reserve that for real assholes , like John McCain, but still........

Abbey Marie
08-26-2019, 02:39 PM
Well, good for Bernie. A moment of civility that shouldn’t even need to happen, but that’s where we are.
Also, I’ll bet Bernie is acutely feeling his own mortality. That tends to make one a little more sympathetic.