PDA

View Full Version : Watch your stocks!

jimnyc
08-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Could be some wall street trouble on the horizon.

--

A sell-off worse than December can arrive in a week, says analyst who is predicting 'Lehman-like' drop

"The U.S. stock market especially is facing its greatest test of the year thus far," says Takada.
The strategist pointed out market movements over the past two weeks showed an "uncanny resemblance" between now and 2008.
Takada's view, the most pessimistic on Wall Street, is based on macro and quantitative data including flows from hedge funds and other players.

Remember the brutal sell-off last year when stocks suffered their worst December since the Great Depression? Something worse than that could happen in days, a Nomura analyst said.

Macro and quant strategist Masanari Takada turned heads earlier this month with his bold call for a "Lehman-like" plunge. He's sticking with this prediction as market sentiment shows no signs of improving, leading him to believe a monster sell-off could arrive this week.

"The U.S. stock market especially is facing its greatest test of the year thus far," Takada said in a note to clients on Monday. Low sentiment is poised to prompt "panic-selling by fundamentals-oriented investors and systematic selling by trend-following technical investors along the way," he said.

Takada's view, the most pessimistic on Wall Street, is based on macro and quantitative data including flows from hedge funds and other players, which showed sentiment is approaching the lowest level of the current cycle. He had predicted the first explosion in the Cboe Volatility Index, aka Wall Street's "fear gauge," which swung to the highest in 2019 on Aug. 5 when China allowed its currency to drop to a level unseen since the financial crisis amid the trade war.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/26/lehman-like-drop-nomuras-masanari-takada-warns-it-could-happen-in-a-week.html

Kathianne
08-27-2019, 02:11 PM
I hope not. If the markets slump, the Democrats chances increase markedly.

jimnyc
08-27-2019, 02:16 PM
I hope not. If the markets slump, the Democrats chances increase markedly.

I wouldn't bank on it just yet, this is one guy that I can tell. Many others are saying other stuff, and of course the left is talking recession. So who knows. :dunno: