PDA

View Full Version : Expect Andrew McCabe to be Indicted Any Day

jimnyc
08-28-2019, 12:36 PM
Just the beginning, I hope!

---

Comey Confidant Sounds the Alarm: Expect Andrew McCabe to be Indicted Any Day

Comey confidant Benjamin Wittes said in a Lawfare blog post on Tuesday that he expects former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to be indicted any day now.

Benjamin Wittes is a ‘resistance’ lawyer and James Comey’s friend who runs the Lawfare Group.

Wittes wrote in a blog post Tuesday that he was “shocked” to find out federal prosecutors were in the final stages of deciding whether to indict McCabe on charges he lied to federal investigators, referring to the New York Times bombshell released Monday.

The potential indictment of McCabe stems from the Inspector General’s findings that the FBI official lied to federal investigators.

McCabe was criminally referred to the US Attorneys office for prosecution in the Spring of 2018 and they are finally getting around to (maybe) indicting him.

The process has been dragged out because of internal deliberations and the case is taking so long that the term expired for the grand jury evidence. One of the lead prosecutors on the case has since left the DOJ out of frustration, according to the NYT.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/comey-confidant-expect-andrew-mccabe-to-be-indicted-any-day/

STTAB
08-28-2019, 02:00 PM
I'll believe it when I see it, but my wife believes he will be too, she agrees that it unlikely that McCabe's lawyers would be meeting with Justice Department officials in DC at this late juncture except for the junior people making the decision want to indict McCabe and they are pleading their case with the bosses in DC.

It seems like a no brainer that a person who worked for the FBI lied to the FBI should be indicted, but then again the orange bastard is so bad that all norms need to be tossed aside to fight him.