PDA

View Full Version : Told you so, Comey was innocent, nothing classified leaked

jimnyc
09-01-2019, 11:31 AM
That's what the left and the media would mostly like you to believe. Comey even is holding his breath on apologies.

But he DID leak classified information. Yes, he IS a piece of crap. I don't care if you disagree in politics or not - but when an American citizen "takes" classified information home with them, and then timely has it released to the press to harm the sitting president in such a manner. This wasn't trying to politically harm him, this was trying to get him away from the presidency at minimum, wrongly investigated and charged with something at max.

---

Yes, Comey did leak classified information

The new report from the Justice Department inspector general proves beyond any doubt that fired FBI Director James Comey leaked sensitive law enforcement material in the Trump-Russia investigation. Doing so set a "dangerous example" for the bureau's other employees, Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote.

Still, Comey's supporters have claimed exoneration on one front: that Comey did not leak classified information. Some reacted angrily when President Trump tweeted that Comey had done so.

But Comey did, in fact, leak classified information. It's right there in the report. It wasn't much classified information, and it was perhaps not terribly important, and Justice Department officials concluded it was not worth prosecuting. But Comey leaked classified material.

Comey implicitly recognized as much even as he claimed vindication. In a tweet, Comey quoted the report, saying: "DOJ IG 'found no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the memos to members of the media.'" To that, Comey added, "I don't need a public apology from those who defamed me, but a quick message with a 'sorry we lied about you' would be nice."

But the portion of the report Comey highlighted said he did not release classified information to members of the media. That's true; Comey, through his friend and lawyer Daniel Richman, leaked sensitive but unclassified law enforcement material to the media. But it's also true that Comey leaked classified information to his lawyers. Comey gave classified information to people who were not authorized to receive it.

Rest - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/yes-comey-did-leak-classified-information

Comey's classified misconduct and the media's flawed coverage of it

A major headline from the Department of Justice's (DOJ) latest inspector general report is that fired FBI Director James Comey mishandled classified information. But you’d never know it from most of the day-after media reporting on the historic findings.

The internal DOJ watchdog documented, irrefutably, that Comey leaked the contents of a classified memo to his legal team, first orally and then by providing a copy of the document. Some of the memo’s content was then leaked to a media organization by one of his lawyers.

I first reported this when sources contacted me in late July and told me the inspector general (IG) had referred Comey to the Justice Department for possible prosecution for mishandling classified information. Attorney General William Barr’s team declined to bring charges.

My reporting was directly confirmed when the IG released its final report Thursday. The information I laid out in my July 31 column was laid bare in the IG report’s official timeline. IG Michael Horowitz declared Comey's conduct so egregious that it created a “dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees — and the many thousands more former FBI employees — who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.”

Rest - https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/459472-comeys-classified-misconduct-and-the-medias-flawed-coverage-of-it

DOJ Inspector General Confirms James Comey Leaked Classified Info, Violated Multiple FBI Policies

The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Inspector General (OIG) just released its formal report on the conduct of former FBI Director James Comey following his firing in May of 2017, and it is scathing. The OIG report concluded that Comey stole federal documents, improperly disclosed FBI records, leaked classified information, and violated FBI policies.

“The responsibility to protect sensitive law enforcement information falls in large part to the employees of the FBI who have access to it through their daily duties,” the OIG report found. “Former Director Comey failed to live up to this responsibility.”

“By not safeguarding sensitive information obtained during the course of his FBI employment, and by using it to create public pressure for official action, Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees — and the many thousands more former FBI employees who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information.”

Rest - https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/29/inspector-general-eviscerates-fired-former-fbi-director-james-comey-in-formal-report/

Gunny
09-01-2019, 07:57 PM
There wouldn't be this much concern nor taken this long if this was an E-3. He'd already be in Leavenworth.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-01-2019, 10:14 PM
There wouldn't be this much concern nor taken this long if this was an E-3. He'd already be in Leavenworth.
It's infuriating, because just about ANYONE else, ESPECIALLY a REPUBLICAN, would already be in jail. They'd have had their house surrounded by 20 heavily armed individuals like they were public enemy #1, door kicked in, cuffed and perp walked out and straight to jail.

I'll tell ya, if they don't have plans down the road for something bigger to hang on Comey and he IS going to go to jail, then there's going to be MILLIONS of people lose ALL faith in our justice department, and for some reason, I don't think they're going to let that happen. For some reason I get the strange feeling that it ain't over for Comey. But then I'm always the one that's always hoping. I hope the hell I'm not wrong.