PDA

View Full Version : My Pep Talk For Lefties

TheStripey1
09-05-2007, 03:46 PM
I wrote this back in October of '05... IMO it is just as viable today, as it was then.

It has become my focus over the past few months, as it is painfully obvious to me that no matter what happens, no matter what is revealed, no matter what is said, no matter how much evidence is presented, the right wingers I and we continually engage in in our "discussions" here (insert board name... any board name) and on the myriad of other forums we post at, they just aren't going to change their minds.

I was a card carrying methane breathing republican that supported bush in his war on Afghanistan and the capture of that snake Osama Been Forgotten... but...

Thanks to my pals, and especially to Doc Billy... I had an anal-cranial extraction procedure and once I was again breathing fresh air, I became incensed and became the forum warrior you all know today. So yes... it is possible for those that are currently living with their heads up their asses to come back into reality, provided, they have an ear to hear and an eye to see, and a brain capable of connecting the dots.

But, I don't really care if the right wingers don't hear what I say, or read with comprehension that which I write as it is NOT them that I am talking to anyway!

I write for the guests... the lurkers... those that don't participate in our discussions. Those that just read what we post without commenting, those that sit on the fence, those that didn't vote last time but will next, I write to inform THEM.

:thewave: waves to the lurkers... :thewave:

Think about it, my friends. It frees you from the attachment of trying to educate that right winger that you just want to reach into the screen and slap upside his or her head to knock some reason into them.

Talk to the lurker, and say so while you're doing it, because my friends, that infuriates our opposition.

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07:
Always take your weekends off. Spend that time with your friends and family, because you can never know when they might be taken from you or you from them.

And besides, the right wingers will still be there on Monday.

darin
09-05-2007, 03:52 PM
That is HILLARIOUS! Its like you're in bizarro-world...but well-worded and said. I won't turn this into a debate...nor will I allow others to ruin 'your' thread. :)

:rockon:

TheStripey1
09-05-2007, 07:39 PM
well, it's not meant to be hilarious, dmp, as I mean every word of it... but it is the first time I've posted it on an predominantly right wing board... there will probably be plenty of those here who just don't "get it"... but...

It's not for them anyway...

and chances are, most of the lefties here have already seen it elsewhere... know what I mean?

I posted it here because I make references to it on occasion, usually pertaining to my not posting on weekends or evenings... which I usually don't do... landfalling hurricanes are the exception...

TheStripey1
09-05-2007, 07:41 PM
and uhhh, dmp? forums are a lot like bizarro-world... as you meet the weirdest people in them...

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Shoot, I thought this post was going to help me live better in this predominantly right-handed world. We lefties have it tough, you know!

hjmick
09-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Interesting...

But for me it is ultimately meaningless. Though I do find it humorous that you are unable to reconcile your original conservative beliefs and disagree with Bush's actions in Iraq and other policy debacles at the same time. I for one am able to hold on to my conservative/libertarian leanings without moving to the left. Then again, I am far from being a neo-con. You will never change things from the outside, it is better to work for change from within.

I too agreed with the decision to go into Afghanistan, I still do. Hunting down Osama been Hiding was and still is the right thing to do, going into Iraq...not so much. If nothing else the first mission should have been completed and bin Laden's head hoisted on a pike. Unfortunately, no one sought my council.

Sorry to hear the right lost you. You seem to be thoughtful, intelligent, and articulate. The are not of enough people like that on either side of the political aisle.

gabosaurus
09-06-2007, 12:00 PM
We need a pep talk now?
I don't think so.

TheStripey1
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Shoot, I thought this post was going to help me live better in this predominantly right-handed world. We lefties have it tough, you know!

laffs... :cheers2:

TheStripey1
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Interesting...

But for me it is ultimately meaningless. Though I do find it humorous that you are unable to reconcile your original conservative beliefs and disagree with Bush's actions in Iraq and other policy debacles at the same time. I for one am able to hold on to my conservative/libertarian leanings without moving to the left. Then again, I am far from being a neo-con. You will never change things from the outside, it is better to work for change from within.

I too agreed with the decision to go into Afghanistan, I still do. Hunting down Osama been Hiding was and still is the right thing to do, going into Iraq...not so much. If nothing else the first mission should have been completed and bin Laden's head hoisted on a pike. Unfortunately, no one sought my council.

Sorry to hear the right lost you. You seem to be thoughtful, intelligent, and articulate. The are not of enough people like that on either side of the political aisle.

My conservative beliefs have been buried by this president and his rubber stamping lacky party. In fact, I don't even recognize the party as being republican anymore.

No matter... I won't be returning to it. And no, I'm not a democrat either.

An Unaffilliated Independent best describes my political stance these days. An UI with lots of issues and lots of questions.

bush didn't really want to capture Osama Been Forgotten despite vowing to bring him in Dead or Alive... if he had done so, there would no longer be the opportunity to scare the sheeple into line every couple of years with a video release from OBF.

TheStripey1
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
We need a pep talk now?
I don't think so.

I don't care if you take my advice or not... it just doesn't matter to me one way or another... I posted it because I like to have it in my sigline and it explains why I am rarely on the forums on weekends... but you can give the boards all your spare time, cuz I frankly don't care how your offline relationships fare...

no fur off my muzzle...

hjmick
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
My conservative beliefs have been buried by this president and his rubber stamping lacky party. In fact, I don't even recognize the party as being republican anymore.

No matter... I won't be returning to it. And no, I'm not a democrat either.

An Unaffilliated Independent best describes my political stance these days. An UI with lots of issues and lots of questions.

bush didn't really want to capture Osama Been Forgotten despite vowing to bring him in Dead or Alive... if he had done so, there would no longer be the opportunity to scare the sheeple into line every couple of years with a video release from OBF.

While I have not lost my conservative leanings, I tend to agree with you about Bush and the Neo-Cons destroying the true Republican party. I remain a registered Republican for the sake of primary voting only. My votes tend to fall across all party lines.

Conservative libertarian is how I most often describe my political leanings these days.

BoogyMan
09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
I write for the guests... the lurkers... those that don't participate in our discussions. Those that just read what we post without commenting, those that sit on the fence, those that didn't vote last time but will next, I write to inform THEM.

If I wrote twisted mental machinations such as your "pep talk for lefties" I think I would claim not to post for anyones benefit either, it frees you from having to defend the twaddle you post. :poke:

truthmatters
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I wrote this back in October of '05... IMO it is just as viable today, as it was then.

It has become my focus over the past few months, as it is painfully obvious to me that no matter what happens, no matter what is revealed, no matter what is said, no matter how much evidence is presented, the right wingers I and we continually engage in in our "discussions" here (insert board name... any board name) and on the myriad of other forums we post at, they just aren't going to change their minds.

I was a card carrying methane breathing republican that supported bush in his war on Afghanistan and the capture of that snake Osama Been Forgotten... but...

Thanks to my pals, and especially to Doc Billy... I had an anal-cranial extraction procedure and once I was again breathing fresh air, I became incensed and became the forum warrior you all know today. So yes... it is possible for those that are currently living with their heads up their asses to come back into reality, provided, they have an ear to hear and an eye to see, and a brain capable of connecting the dots.

But, I don't really care if the right wingers don't hear what I say, or read with comprehension that which I write as it is NOT them that I am talking to anyway!

Think about it, my friends. It frees you from the attachment of trying to educate that right winger that you just want to reach into the screen and slap upside his or her head to knock some reason into them.

Talk to the lurker, and say so while you're doing it, because my friends, that infuriates our opposition.

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07:
Always take your weekends off. Spend that time with your friends and family, because you can never know when they might be taken from you or you from them.

Thanks, I have a few friends I have helped see the light and I dont think they will return to the party either.

What was your momment of clairity?
What piece of information shined the light for you?

Gunny
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks, I have a few friends I have helped see the light and I dont think they will return to the party either.

What was your momment of clairity?
What piece of information shined the light for you?

:lol::lol::lol:

YOU helped someone "see the light?"

You're not freakin' smart enough even to be a lefty.

Dilloduck
09-13-2007, 07:41 PM

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07:

AHHHHHHHHH so THAT'S who TM has been talking to. :laugh2: