PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

glockmail
06-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh lordy.Too bad his Mum didn't think so.

Nukeman
06-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Didn't Reagan institute a amnesty plan that allowed millions into the country? Wasn't he a republican?.
Yes he did but ohh didn't billy boy as well so whats is your point. As a whole the republicans are more for protecting the border at this time them the Dems are.

And as far as people being held responsible for their own actions....you mean like our bankruptcy laws and the government bail out of large corporations?
You must have missed the part where Trigg said this:

Because even if I disagree with where Bush has lead this country my values have not changed.

and this:

People should be held responsible for their own bad decisions instead of expecting the gov. to bail them out

Just because a Republican is in charge right now does not mean we are blind sheep following and agreeing with EVERYTHING

By your assessment am I to infer that when a Dem takes office YOU will personally agree with EVERYTHING he/she does???

And if people aren't being held responsible for their actions how come we have so many people in prison? Somebody is getting something, huh?
Because a lot of our laws are just burdensome. We need to rethink our war on drugs and release the non violent offenders...

And we really do need social programs with Bush losing so many jobs and good jobs to boot.
Gee unemployment has been at a record low for quite a while now, a lot less than when Carter or Billy were in office and yet you slam the current administration for having LOW unemployment. Yes the Auto industry up there in Michigan has been hit but they have NO ONE TO BLAME BUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR LOVELY UNIONS.

All this waste and fraud over the past 8 years ain't going to the poor.
Care to elaborate or back that up with proof or are you just talking out your a$$

And as far as abortion goes....I don't think people really use it as a birth control. Wouldn't you rather buy a pack of Trojans for a couple of bucks rather than go to the clinic and pay $500? As far as I'm concerned abortions should be more readily available and used more often. What this planet doesn't need is more people. 'Keep them safe and frequent'....that's my mottoIf abortion is used for anything other than to protect the life of the mother or in the cases of incest or rape than it is a form of "BIRTH CONTROL" an unwanted pregnancy terminated is nothing more!! I must say I could never even consider abortion for anyone in my family but I will say I am not here to force my beliefs on others in this respect I will say we will have to agree to disagree.

Ohh by the way welcome to the board, and way to insult about 3/4 of the board with your republican comment right off the bat....

Hagbard Celine
06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello everybody. I'm a 64-year-old Asian woman. My real name is Fuggums McGoo and I raise Firbies for a living. I enjoy eating pink cakes and judging hoolahoop competitions. I hope to get to know all of you in the debates to come. Ciao!

glockmail
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello everybody. I'm a 64-year-old Asian woman. My real name is Fuggums McGoo and I raise Firbies for a living. I enjoy eating pink cakes and judging hoolahoop competitions. I hope to get to know all of you in the debates to come. Ciao! Show us your bobbies.

walkertom
06-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Is this where the free beer's at? Yo Rap! You here..?

hjmick
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Looks as if GW has called in reinforcements.

Welcome to the board Walker.

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Looks as if GW has called in reinforcements.

That's understandable. :laugh2:

red states rule
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM
That's understandable. :laugh2:

Custer was waiting for reinforcements at the Little Big Horn

h.rapbrown
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
WalkerTom, I be here. This looks like a fun place but we've got a lot of work to do.

Gaffer
06-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Here come the moonbats. gw has put out the word that he can't handle it by himself. He needs help with his ignorant utterings. The back patting is about to begin.

5stringJeff
06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome!

walkertom
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks. I know GW won't need any of my expert assistance nor I his. Besides...Rap's got our backs if things get dicey. That said...I'll do my best not to offend.

Yeah. That's the ticket...

glockmail
06-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks. I know GW won't need any of my expert assistance nor I his. Besides...Rap's got our backs if things get dicey. That said...I'll do my best not to offend.

Yeah. That's the ticket...
Good luck- y'all will need it- here's some points to start off. Insults and bullshit posts will get you neg points when I got 'em.

walkertom
06-25-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm a pussycat...but I'll keep that in mind. Can I get some coffee..?

glockmail
06-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm a pussycat...but I'll keep that in mind. Can I get some coffee..?Looking for a handout? That seems to be a pattern with you- first beer, then coffee. I'm guessing that you're a Democrat.

walkertom
06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Correctamundo! How about I buy YOU a beer..? I'm guessing you're a...hmmnnhh...Republican..?

red states rule
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Correctamundo! How about I buy YOU a beer..? I'm guessing you're a...hmmnnhh...Republican..?

I am proud of you for admitting you are a Dem

The first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem

glockmail
06-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Correctamundo! How about I buy YOU a beer..? I'm guessing you're a...hmmnnhh...Republican..? I consider myself to be a Conservative first, and Republican a distant second. To the right of Limbaugh, left of Savage.

Hagbard Celine
06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I consider myself to be a Conservative first, and Republican a distant second. To the right of Limbaugh, left of Savage.

Well atleast you've properly tagged and categorized yourself. I'm glad you've found your niche. Does it reaffirm your self-image to state it aloud? :poke:

red states rule
06-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Well atleast you've properly tagged and categorized yourself. I'm glad you've found your niche. Does it reaffirm your self-image to state it aloud? :poke:

And your niche is in the cave with the rest of the liberal moonbats

glockmail
06-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Well atleast you've properly tagged and categorized yourself. I'm glad you've found your niche. Does it reaffirm your self-image to state it aloud? :poke:I'm not ashamed to state my core values. :slap:

Abbey Marie
06-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Let's take this political discussion elsewhere, and try to keep this thread about Introductions. We don't want to scare people away from introducing themselves.

glockmail
06-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Let's take this political discussion elsewhere, and try to keep this thread about Introductions. We don't want to scare people away from introducing themselves. Oh my bad- I thought that this was a political discussion board. :cool:

walkertom
06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
"....To the right of Limbaugh, left of Savage..."

So you're a Moderate. I think I'm gonna' like it here...

Hagbard Celine
06-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Let's take this political discussion elsewhere, and try to keep this thread about Introductions. We don't want to scare people away from introducing themselves.

No problem. I'll take my (lib) viewpoint elsewhere. :poke:

jackass
06-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh my bad- I thought that this was a political discussion board. :cool:

Youre right, but this is the Introductions section. Its for welcoming people.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Youre right, but this is the Introductions section. Its for welcoming people.

And here I thought that was fairly obvious. Thanks, J.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
No problem. I'll take my (lib) viewpoint elsewhere. :poke:

Hooray!

glockmail
06-25-2008, 05:55 PM
"....To the right of Limbaugh, left of Savage..."

So you're a Moderate. I think I'm gonna' like it here... :coffee:

h.rapbrown
06-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Good luck- y'all will need it- here's some points to start off. Insults and bullshit posts will get you neg points when I got 'em.

Good luck? We all sure need it for sure. Seems like whenever there are republican times prices go up, the nation gets buried further in debt, the rich get richer, and many people die. Pattern? You bet.

hjmick
06-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Good luck? We all sure need it for sure. Seems like whenever there are republican times prices go up, the nation gets buried further in debt, the rich get richer, and many people die. Pattern? You bet.

Oh yeah, that's only a Republican thing. Somebody slept through the Carter years.

Why don't you step on out of the "Introductions" thread and dive right on in to the DP pool? The water's fine and everyone is friendly.

Yurt
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah, that's only a Republican thing. Somebody slept through the Carter years.

Why don't you step on out of the "Introductions" thread and dive right on in to the DP pool? The water's fine and everyone is friendly.

well said mick...we aren't sharks come to the forum, this thread is only to introduce yourself, come and debate, that is why you came.

CooterBrown44
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna look around and see if I can upload my avatar.

Catch y'all later.

5stringJeff
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey Cooter. Welcome! Look for the poster "hjmick" - he's a parrothead too.

hjmick
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Cooter. Welcome! Look for the poster "hjmick" - he's a parrothead too.

Living and dying in 3/4 time, brother.

Welcome to the board Cooter.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Welcome, Cooter. :)

CooterBrown44
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Living and dying in 3/4 time, brother.

Welcome to the board Cooter.

Thanks, man. We just had our Memphis Parrot Head Club "Party At The End Of The Yard" gig Saturday night. Michael Broward who still plays with Stars On The Water some was in the area and came by and played. Our little house group, including yours truly, laid something down too. One guy couldn't be there and the other two were tanked. Maybe it was still entertaining.....lol!

I don't live in Memphis......Oxford, MS.

hjmick
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks, man. We just had our Memphis Parrot Head Club "Party At The End Of The Yard" gig Saturday night. Michael Broward who still plays with Stars On The Water some was in the area and came by and played. Our little house group, including yours truly, laid something down too. One guy couldn't be there and the other two were tanked. Maybe it was still entertaining.....lol!

I don't live in Memphis......Oxford, MS.

Sounds like a blast.

Oxford, not too far from Memphis, close to Tupelo. Kind of the Fertile Crescent of music in America.

Nice country.

CooterBrown44
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Sounds like a blast.

Oxford, not too far from Memphis, close to Tupelo. Kind of the Fertile Crescent of music in America.

Nice country.

Yeah, and then we've got blues country just west of us. There's a lot of great music in this area.

mattskramer
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Remember me? :cool:

retiredman
07-19-2008, 03:58 PM

you matts! how ya been?

mattskramer
07-19-2008, 04:06 PM
you matts! how ya been?

Pretty good. I wonder why I no longer see you at the other place and what happened to RSR. Anyway, it looks like Obama will win unless he does something truely embarassing or we find something phanominal about McCain.

5stringJeff
07-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Pretty good. I wonder why I no longer see you at the other place and what happened to RSR. Anyway, it looks like Obama will win unless he does something truely embarassing or we find something phanominal about McCain.

Welcome to DP Matt!

glockmail
07-20-2008, 08:49 PM
You're a queer enabler, right?

cubfan
07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Greetings all, I'm another refugee from CG. I've heard that GW comes here to embarrass himself after he is done doing the same on other sites.

Anyway, I look forward to snooping around, and go Cubs!!!

remie
07-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Greetings all, I'm another refugee from CG. I've heard that GW comes here to embarrass himself after he is done doing the same on other sites.

Welcome cubfan......bout time for the Cubbies annual collapse isnt it?:poke:

Abbey Marie
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Sure. I thought you were here in the past. Either way, welcome to the board.

Abbey Marie
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Welcome to the board, Cubfan.

Not sure what "CG" is...

glockmail
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
.... I've heard that GW comes here to embarrass himself after he is done doing the same on other sites.

.... Yes, in between insulting other poster's kids.

cubfan
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
CG is another political forum that has been overrun by the lefties. GW is a member there as well as a few other boards...

Shadow
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
New member as of today,I have been lurking for awhile though. I live in New Mexico and am a registered Independant.

This election is going to be real doozie I can tell..two crappy candidates and yet another round of partisan crapola! Fun times. Looking forward to posting,cuz I know I will have lots to bitch about in the next few months if not years.:cool:

Psychoblues
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the board, Shadow!!!!!!!! Actually there are a good number of independents here as well as partisans of all stripes. This place has a predecessor and I have been around here and there for several years now. If you've been lurking then you already know that you need some thick skin sometimes. It can and does get ugly!!!!!! But keep your chin up and I'll be looking for you!!!!!!!

In the meantime, come on into the Lounge and celebrate with me in my 5,000th post party!!!!!!

New member as of today,I have been lurking for awhile though. I live in New Mexico and am a registered Independant.

This election is going to be real doozie I can tell..two crappy candidates and yet another round of partisan crapola! Fun times. Looking forward to posting,cuz I know I will have lots to bitch about in the next few months if not years.:cool:

:cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2:

CooterBrown44
08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Don't pay any attention to cubbie. He drinks a lot.

Psycho, you from Mississippi?

cubfan
08-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Don't pay any attention to cubbie. He drinks a lot.

Psycho, you from Mississippi?

This from the man who pours Dixie Dew on his Wheaties in the morning...:fu:

Psychoblues
08-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Ain't this supposed to be an introduction thread relegated to intro's and subsequent welcomes?!?!??!?!?!?!? No worry. I've been confused on other issues as well!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Lana & "Russian"-

Would our new Russian members like to tell us a little bit about themselves? :)

crin63
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I realize that some people compartmentalize their lives and pretend the things they say and do on here does not have any bearing as to other parts of their lives. I disagree. Either you have integrity and character or you don't.

Because my integrity and character are important to me regardless of where I am. For full disclosure CatalystOfChaos is my oldest son.

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I realize that some people compartmentalize their lives and pretend the things they say and do on here does not have any bearing as to other parts of their lives. I disagree. Either you have integrity and character or you don't.

Because my integrity and character are important to me regardless of where I am. For full disclosure CatalystOfChaos is my oldest son.

I put my knife away the other day when you mentioned this...on the other hand it is still accessible..and as I recall he said he's 21, right? He's gonna get slapped down sometime, Dad, it may as well be here without real blood letting don't cha think? :poke:

For the record I enjoy our younger crowd, they bring back so many memories of my own youth. Then again.....well never mind...:laugh2:

crin63
09-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I put my knife away the other day when you mentioned this...on the other hand it is still accessible..and as I recall he said he's 21, right? He's gonna get slapped down sometime, Dad, it may as well be here without real blood letting don't cha think? :poke:

For the record I enjoy our younger crowd, they bring back so many memories of my own youth. Then again.....well never mind...:laugh2:

Like I told I told the seniors in his high school when he was a freshman. If his mouth overloads his abilities and he needs a thumping just don't break the glasses or cost me any medical bills.

Mr. P
09-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Like I told I told the seniors in his high school when he was a freshman. If his mouth overloads his abilities and he needs a thumping just don't break the glasses or cost me any medical bills.

Gotcha! :thumb:

Ravenskeep
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
OK, I am the new fish on this forum, and from just lookin' and pokin' around, I hope I don't do nothin' too stupid and get thrown off. Looks like some intelligent posters here, and that I have missed on other sites I have been on.

I am an old far*, conservative in view-point, with some centrists leanings on some topics - like I think our government is totally too large, too out of hand, needs curtailing, and ain't we really got a great choice of idjits for this years POTUS!

I am happily married to my "right" wife - stuck in Ohio cause I can't find a great opportunity for two certified project managers in FL. where I would rather be. All the kids are gone - left the nest - and ain't really tried to come back - yet!

I read a lot, love shooting sports and that includes hunting. I enjoy cooking, and just seeing parts of this country I have never been to before.

I blog, heavily conservative type political statements and you can read them at (well, I have to make five posts before I can leave my blogspot, so hang on for that) if you are interested.

Thanks for letting me join, and thanks for giving us a place to have these (future) wonderful debates. I am really looking forward to it.

namvet
10-17-2008, 10:50 AM
OK, I am the new fish on this forum, and from just lookin' and pokin' around, I hope I don't do nothin' too stupid and get thrown off. Looks like some intelligent posters here, and that I have missed on other sites I have been on.

I am an old far*, conservative in view-point, with some centrists leanings on some topics - like I think our government is totally too large, too out of hand, needs curtailing, and ain't we really got a great choice of idjits for this years POTUS!

I am happily married to my "right" wife - stuck in Ohio cause I can't find a great opportunity for two certified project managers in FL. where I would rather be. All the kids are gone - left the nest - and ain't really tried to come back - yet!

I read a lot, love shooting sports and that includes hunting. I enjoy cooking, and just seeing parts of this country I have never been to before.

I blog, heavily conservative type political statements and you can read them at (well, I have to make five posts before I can leave my blogspot, so hang on for that) if you are interested.

Thanks for letting me join, and thanks for giving us a place to have these (future) wonderful debates. I am really looking forward to it.

welcome dude. im conserv to. we have a good ole time on here.

jimnyc
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome, Ravenskeep, and I hope you enjoy the board. :salute:

hjmick
10-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the board, Raven.

Where in Ohio? My family is from the Cincinnati/Chillicothe/Columbus areas. Still have some living there.

red states rule
10-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Welcome to the board. I am a Ronald Reagan conservative

hjmick
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh, and could you define "old?" Just in general terms, exact age is unnecessary. I just want some perspective on my own age. I've been feeling old lately.

Of course, people asking what Soylent Green is doesn't help...

crin63
10-17-2008, 11:05 AM

A fellow shooting enthusiast, welcome. I'm a conservative as well and probably to the right of Ronald Reagan on allot of things.

Abbey Marie
10-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Welcome, Ravenskeep. Yes, we even have a few female conservatives on here, so tell your wife she may enjoy it here as well.

Ravenskeep
10-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh, and could you define "old?" Just in general terms, exact age is unnecessary. I just want some perspective on my own age. I've been feeling old lately.

Of course, people asking what Soylent Green is doesn't help...

Well, when I was just a young pup, this guy in a long, white robe, with a long, white beard, asked me for a quick Algorithm that might cause some real interesting fireworks. I put one together, and it was soooo cool, we called it the "Big Bang!.

And I know what Soylent Green is, and more importantly, what it's made out of. "It's time to go home."

hjmick
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
I feel younger already! Again, welcome to the board.

Ravenskeep
10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
A fellow shooting enthusiast, welcome. I'm a conservative as well and probably to the right of Ronald Reagan on allot of things.

Shoot trap, pistols, dove, quail (actually I just shoot at quail, ain't never hit one), pheasant, chukkers, huns (the birds, not the people), and the occasional white tail.

I believe in Ruger and Sig-Sauer (both American made) and I ever so strongly support The Second Amendment.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ravenskeep
10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Welcome, Ravenskeep. Yes, we even have a few female conservatives on here, so tell your wife she may enjoy it here as well.

I will do that. She is more of a lurker, not as verbal (are we being verbal when we "speak" with a keyboard or are we being prosaic?), but she certainly would enjoy some of the posts I have seen so far.

Thanks again for the kind welcome.

KSigMason
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone

Army Guard enlisted here, 24-years of age. I work full-time for the ID Guard as an TUAS OPS NCO. Former Intel Analyst and OIF III vet.

Personally, I am keep myself busy working on that pesky degree (International Relations) and I am also a member of the Freemasons. In the Masons I am the head honcho, called the Worshipful Master. I am also in the York Rite and hold various positions in there.

Politically, I am Constitutional Conservative; the specifics will come to light as I post.

I come from a long line of old school cops (and prior military) so I was brought up knowing to respect elders, that chivalry isn't dead, and the hand was sometimes the best medicine for a unruly child.

namvet
01-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello everyone

Army Guard enlisted here, 24-years of age. I work full-time for the ID Guard as an TUAS OPS NCO. Former Intel Analyst and OIF III vet.

Personally, I am keep myself busy working on that pesky degree (International Relations) and I am also a member of the Freemasons. In the Masons I am the head honcho, called the Worshipful Master. I am also in the York Rite and hold various positions in there.

Politically, I am Constitutional Conservative; the specifics will come to light as I post.

I come from a long line of old school cops (and prior military) so I was brought up knowing to respect elders, that chivalry isn't dead, and the hand was sometimes the best medicine for a unruly child.

weclome aboard pal. glad you made it. the coffee here is great. so's the beer. :coffee::beer:

Abbey Marie
01-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the board, KSigMason!

moon
01-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone

Hello there and welcome,

namvet
01-05-2009, 11:34 AM
KSigMason....

moon
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I

namvet
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I

he's US Army guard...

moon
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
And

namvet
01-05-2009, 11:55 AM
And...

I...

moon
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I...

Was...

Abbey Marie
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Please keep this thread free of rancor. It is supposed to be a place where people feel safe to introduce themselves.

KSigMason
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Thank you namvet for introducing me to this forum.

Cheers...:coffee:...could use a little kahlua.

Classact
01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Thank you namvet for introducing me to this forum.

Cheers...:coffee:...could use a little kahlua.Welcome KSN! Enjoy the debate and ignore the ignorance.

jimnyc
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Welcome, KSigMason & Moon (even if you didn't introduce yourself). Hope you guys stick around as it's refreshing to see someone new viewpoints on many of our "same 'ol" arguments. :)

DannyR
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Howdy. Just thought I'd introduce myself and give a brief summary:

I'm an average white male living in Atlanta, age 38, married with 3 cats and a pug. Goals are to live a long happy life, built a real life castle, learn to fly a plane, get rich, sit on my couch and read contently (not necessarily in that order).

Independent political beliefs and I vote both republican and democrat, although if they had a chance of ever winning the Libertarian party would best represent me. I did vote for Obama. I would have preferred to vote for the old year 2000 McCain, not the pandering 2008 one. I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and not attack everything he does before he even does it. I'd prefer a bipartisan government, with a democratic president and a republican congress.

I'm a social liberal/fiscal conservative with a general libertarian lean. Most conservatives would label me a liberal, but I do differ from the far left on a number of issues.

I like the current makeup of the Supreme Court. the 5/4 mix usually votes the way I'd want them to. Made a bad call on property condemnations though.

Pro choice, but only because I think the government doesn't need to be a nanny and shouldn't get involved in such personal matters. You want to ban abortions, create an artificial womb to transfer fetus' over so the state can finish birthing them. Only then will you stop all abortions. I've no problem with a strick Roe v. Wade interpretation allowing states to restrict abortions after the 1st trimester.

Pro-gay rights. I believe in equal treatment under the law and think this is a civil rights issue. I'm not gay though and two guys gross me out, but don't mind a little lesbian action. This includes letting gays serve in the military (they already do, just not openly).

On the fence about legalizing drugs. Drug war is pointless and costly, both in dollars and victims, and major profits could be made. But there are always going to be laws banning something, be it a very dangerous drug or just prohibiting minors from using. Leaning toward legalization, again because our government shouldn't be a nanny state and drug dollars support our enemies that could be staying home.

Pro military with most of my family serving. I would have served myself if not for my poor eyesight. I like spending money on F-22's and think our military should be strong. However I would spend more on the average soldier and think we could easily cut many areas of military spending without sacrificing our ability to defend ourselves.

Strongly against deficit spending and want to pay off the debt. Our current fiscal policies are more dangerous to our nation than a million terrorists at home and abroad.

Iraq war was optional. I'd have preferred we stay at home and not invade. Think Bush wanted the war and was blind to any reason saying not to go. Glad its hopefully almost over. I don't think we ultimately solved anything though.

Treat gitmo detainees like any other criminal. Charge them or send them home.

Pro guns. I want to own a warm uzi or some other assault weapon. But recognize that the government should have the right to place some limits.
Right to bear arms doesn't give one access to nukes. Gotta be a line somewhere.

Pro death penalty. Sometimes actions deserve the ultimate penalty. You act like a non-human, you deserve to be removed from the gene pool. Problem with our death penalty now do not mean the death penalty is bad, just that its been administered poorly. Reform it, don't eliminate it. I'd favor death penalty only for the most obvious cases, such as Dahlmer with his body parts in the fridge. Not for circumstantial evidence/lone witness cases.

Neither for or against tax increases/decreases. But wish the tax code was simpler. Favor a graduated income tax with no exceptions vs fairtax or single rate flat tax.

Pro-stem cell research. They are going to be trashed anyway. Make use of them. Both adult and fetal stem cell research have shown great benefits. You can't have one without the other, as most adult stem cell discoveries are a direct result of fetal stem cell research.

Evolution, not Creation Science/Creationism. Teach science in science class. You want to teach religion, do it in Sunday school.

Pay for big science. Sometimes the government has to foot the bill to do the initial research. Private corporations are fine for many things, but usually only like doing things with immediate financial rewards. Sometimes the government has to foot the bill. Thus I support big NASA funding, medical research grants, high energy physics, etc.

Atheist. Raised in a conservative southern baptist home, did the born again thing and know bible cover to cover. But couldn't reconcile the fundamentalist propoganda I was taught with reality, science and history. Leaned to a more open Christian belief, but ultimately realized this was a cop out due to fear of just being different. Perhaps there is a God, but if so its not the one found in the Bible. Cthullhu may have my soul, but if so the joke will be on more than just me.

Free trade. I love to buy American, but we don't always make the best. My 250,000 mile Honda is working just fine still.

Not big on anti-immigration laws. Seems like another political ploy to harrass a group with no voice and win over voters. But I don't live in a city plagued by immigrants and our state relies heavily upon them for work.

Fair minded. You post a stupid argument based on innuendo or false assumptions and I'll slam you for it. You post a well thought out argument and give good reasons and I'll consider it. Unlike many, I've actually changed my mind about things before after being given good reasons to consider. (see atheist/drug war above)

Devil's Advocate. Sometimes I like arguing the opposite of what I believe, just to try and get you to explain your position better. I use arguments posted by others on boards like this elsewhere to support my own arguments.

That about sums me up and where I stand. See you in the forums.

Mr. P
01-15-2009, 10:38 PM

I'm an average white male living in Atlanta, age 38, married with 3 cats and a pug. Goals are to live a long happy life, built a real life castle, learn to fly a plane, get rich, sit on my couch and read contently (not necessarily in that order).

Independent political beliefs and I vote both republican and democrat, although if they had a chance of ever winning the Libertarian party would best represent me. I did vote for Obama. I would have preferred to vote for the old year 2000 McCain, not the pandering 2008 one. I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and not attack everything he does before he even does it. I'd prefer a bipartisan government, with a democratic president and a republican congress.

I'm a social liberal/fiscal conservative with a general libertarian lean. Most conservatives would label me a liberal, but I do differ from the far left on a number of issues.

I like the current makeup of the Supreme Court. the 5/4 mix usually votes the way I'd want them to. Made a bad call on property condemnations though.

Pro choice, but only because I think the government doesn't need to be a nanny and shouldn't get involved in such personal matters. You want to ban abortions, create an artificial womb to transfer fetus' over so the state can finish birthing them. Only then will you stop all abortions. I've no problem with a strick Roe v. Wade interpretation allowing states to restrict abortions after the 1st trimester.

Pro-gay rights. I believe in equal treatment under the law and think this is a civil rights issue. I'm not gay though and two guys gross me out, but don't mind a little lesbian action. This includes letting gays serve in the military (they already do, just not openly).

On the fence about legalizing drugs. Drug war is pointless and costly, both in dollars and victims, and major profits could be made. But there are always going to be laws banning something, be it a very dangerous drug or just prohibiting minors from using. Leaning toward legalization, again because our government shouldn't be a nanny state and drug dollars support our enemies that could be staying home.

Pro military with most of my family serving. I would have served myself if not for my poor eyesight. I like spending money on F-22's and think our military should be strong. However I would spend more on the average soldier and think we could easily cut many areas of military spending without sacrificing our ability to defend ourselves.

Strongly against deficit spending and want to pay off the debt. Our current fiscal policies are more dangerous to our nation than a million terrorists at home and abroad.

Iraq war was optional. I'd have preferred we stay at home and not invade. Think Bush wanted the war and was blind to any reason saying not to go. Glad its hopefully almost over. I don't think we ultimately solved anything though.

Pro guns. I want to own a warm uzi or some other assault weapon. But recognize that the government should have the right to place some limits.

Pro death penalty. Sometimes actions deserve the ultimate penalty. You act like a non-human, you deserve to be removed from the gene pool. Problem with our death penalty now do not mean the death penalty is bad, just that its been administered poorly. Reform it, don't eliminate it. I'd favor death penalty only for the most obvious cases, such as Dahlmer with his body parts in the fridge. Not for circumstantial evidence/lone witness cases.

Neither for or against tax increases/decreases. But wish the tax code was simpler. Favor a graduated income tax with no exceptions vs fairtax or single rate flat tax.

Pro-stem cell research. They are going to be trashed anyway. Make use of them. Both adult and fetal stem cell research have shown great benefits. You can't have one without the other, as most adult stem cell discoveries are a direct result of fetal stem cell research.

Evolution, not Creation Science/Creationism. Teach science in science class. You want to teach religion, do it in Sunday school.

Pay for big science. Sometimes the government has to foot the bill to do the initial research. Private corporations are fine for many things, but usually only like doing things with immediate financial rewards. Sometimes the government has to foot the bill. Thus I support big NASA funding, medical research grants, high energy physics, etc.

Atheist. Raised in a conservative southern baptist home, did the born again thing and know bible cover to cover. But couldn't reconcile the fundamentalist propoganda I was taught with reality, science and history. Leaned to a more open Christian belief, but ultimately realized this was a cop out due to fear of just being different. Perhaps there is a God, but if so its not the one found in the Bible. Cthullhu may have my soul, but if so the joke will be on more than just me.

Free trade. I love to buy American, but we don't always make the best. My 250,000 mile Honda is working just fine still.

Not big on anti-immigration laws. Seems like another political ploy to harrass a group with no voice and win over voters. But I don't live in a city plagued by immigrants and our state relies heavily upon them for work.

Fair minded. You post a stupid argument based on innuendo or false assumptions and I'll slam you for it. You post a well thought out argument and give good reasons and I'll consider it. Unlike many, I've actually changed my mind about things before after being given good reasons to consider. (see atheist/drug war above)

Devil's Advocate. Sometimes I like arguing the opposite of what I believe, just to try and get you to explain your position better. I use arguments posted by others on boards like this elsewhere to support my own arguments.

OMG, vacillate much? Geezz :laugh2:

Classact
01-16-2009, 11:14 AM
You seem reasonable and while you need some tweaking I respect they views you have until I explain clearly why some of them are simply incorrect. Welcome to the jungle! Enjoy posting and ignore the pop up dummies unwilling to support their position with a little reason, logic or fact(s).

PostmodernProphet
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
OMG, vacillate much? Geezz :laugh2:

it's why God created fences......somebody has to sit on them.....

emmett
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM

Welcome!

DannyR
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
OMG, vacillate much? Geezz

Other than the war on drugs, for which I don't have an answer and haven't see anybody else really proposing something either that works, I'm not exactly certain what I'm vacillating upon. My views are rather strong and based on years of thought. We can discuss it elsewhere in the forums though.

Tudor
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Hello.

I'm new to DP, I looked around for a board to post on and this looked nice. I am from Illinois, and a liberal.

jackass
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the board!

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome Tudor! Fascinating time in history...

glockmail
06-12-2009, 10:40 AM
..I am ... a liberal. I could tell from your avatar, subjugating a woman. *shrug*

emmett
06-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Hello.

I'm new to DP, I looked around for a board to post on and this looked nice. I am from Illinois, and a liberal.

Damn Tudor, that qualifies you to be president!

Tudor
06-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Welcome Tudor! Fascinating time in history...

I love it, it's so rich. You can see the similarities to today's thinking starting to emerge, like in Thomas Moore's Utopia and Machiavelli’s The Prince.

Also there was so much going on. The parents of Katherine of Argon (Henry's first wife) were Ferdinand and Isabel of Spain, the ones who gave Columbus his money.

9/12er
07-14-2009, 07:06 PM
I was told this is probably a good place to start - to introduce myself. I'm Jenn. I'm a mom of two beautiful children, and wife to the greatest guy on earth (no offense to any other man LOL) I don't consider myself to be a "Republican" as they have recently become, I consider myself to be a "Conservative". I chose my handle based on Glenn Beck's 912 Project. More to be posted about that later, though...

Anyway, I look forward to finally having intelligent conversation with people about politics (I DO live in a primarily BLUE state) and getting to know all of you better :)

Gaffer
07-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome 9/12er. Sounds like you will fit right in here.

jimnyc
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I was told this is probably a good place to start - to introduce myself. I'm Jenn. I'm a mom of two beautiful children, and wife to the greatest guy on earth (no offense to any other man LOL) I don't consider myself to be a "Republican" as they have recently become, I consider myself to be a "Conservative". I chose my handle based on Glenn Beck's 912 Project. More to be posted about that later, though...

Anyway, I look forward to finally having intelligent conversation with people about politics (I DO live in a primarily BLUE state) and getting to know all of you better :)

Welcome, glad you found our little corner of the world. I love hearing from conservatives as we would likely have a lot in common, but if you have any liberal friends, tell them not to be shy and invite them too!

Watch out for a guy that posts under the name "Jackass". He's a recently released convict and he's known for harassing our members by promising to show us pictures of himself in a see through speedo. Just laugh at him, it makes him angrier.

BTW - would hubby minded if you shared some boobie photos with me? It's the American thing to do!

As Triumph the insult comic dog would say - "I kid, I kid"

I think I have asked just about every female that has entered my board since the beginning. I don't want to lose my streak now, I worked hard to get where I'm at - even if not a single lady has obliged me yet!

Oh, and I was kidding about Jackass, the one that really does that is a guy named "DMP" who calls himself Darin.

Welcome!

9/12er
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Welcome, glad you found our little corner of the world. I love hearing from conservatives as we would likely have a lot in common, but if you have any liberal friends, tell them not to be shy and invite them too!

Watch out for a guy that posts under the name "Jackass". He's a recently released convict and he's known for harassing our members by promising to show us pictures of himself in a see through speedo. Just laugh at him, it makes him angrier.

BTW - would hubby minded if you shared some boobie photos with me? It's the American thing to do!

As Triumph the insult comic dog would say - "I kid, I kid"

I think I have asked just about every female that has entered my board since the beginning. I don't want to lose my streak now, I worked hard to get where I'm at - even if not a single lady has obliged me yet!

Oh, and I was kidding about Jackass, the one that really does that is a guy named "DMP" who calls himself Darin.

Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome - I had to re-read the boobie sentence like 5 times though!!! That wouldn't be very "conservative" of me, would it :)

jimnyc
07-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you for the welcome - I had to re-read the boobie sentence like 5 times though!!! That wouldn't be very "conservative" of me, would it :)

Sure, just don't tax them or take my constitutional right to them away. :beer:

Kathianne
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM

Welcome! I'm usually around more, but trying to get my house on the market, so I'm cleaning more than posting. ;)

Really glad to see another 'lady' here! Enjoy!

Gaffer
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Sure, just don't tax them or take my constitutional right to them away. :beer:

She's not a liberal so she won't tax anything. However my google search for constitutional right to boobies brought up a lot of interesting sites with pictures and everything. :eek: :thumb:

Let's see, where was I....

red states rule
07-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Glad to see you made it Jenn. You will have alot of fun here and you will make alot of new friends

9/12er
07-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Glad to see you made it Jenn. You will have alot of fun here and you will make alot of new friends

Thank you Terry :) I'm glad you referred me - it just took me forever to start posting :)

Abbey Marie
07-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome, 9/12er/Jenn!

chloe
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Welcome Jenn 9/12 glad to have you hear, I hope it is a sanctuary for you to escape from all the blue state liberal agendas you have to endure where you live .:salute:

Stephen
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello All.

I am a Soldier, Still Enlisted in the US Army.

I am definatly a big Liberal, you might even be able to add Radical on the front of that (on some issues any way.)

I hope to disscus many topics and maybe even share my views with yall.

emmett I know that you wil probably see this and know who I am.

:cool:

PostmodernProphet
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
sweet....liberals have been in short supply lately....we need someone to argue with.....

emmett
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Hello All.

I am a Soldier, Still Enlisted in the US Army.

I am definatly a big Liberal, you might even be able to add Radical on the front of that (on some issues any way.)

I hope to disscus many topics and maybe even share my views with yall.

emmett I know that you wil probably see this and know who I am.

:cool:

Ah ha! Young Stephen! Glad to see you buddy. Hope all is well as you once again get used to being back on duty after your leave. We enjoyed having you home very much and look forward to the next time.

As for the board...feel free to jump in and get at it. We love Liberals here! They are delicious!:laugh2: A liberal soldier especially. Life expectancy for a liberal soldier on here is about five minutes so proceed with caution my young friend.

emmett
07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Stephen.......

You might be interested to know that this board has many vets on it. Some very interesting people I must say. Some are from Georgia too. As you troll around look for our group and join up.

A thought also. It might be interesting when you get to the sandbox to hear a day by day account of what is going on there. Keeping it generally described of course so as being careful not to step outside of regs as to what can be said, but I just thought it might be interesting for some of the members to hear first hand accounts of our experiences over there. I know it will be a while before you get there but it is food for thought.

Again...we welcome you to our board and look forward to your joining in. I would advise you to be careful not to spend too much of your off time on here and don't stay up too late pounding aweay at us. LOL.

Dekon
08-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Hello - My name is Bryan Neff.

Currently I'm in Lees Summit Missouri, though I shall soon be in Kirksville Missouri to attend Truman State University. I'm attempting to get my BA in Philosophy and Religion, followed by my Masters in Philosophy.

The following I tell you so you shall know where I come from when I speak :

I would likely be described as a liberal Christian. I once thought that in order to be a passionate Christian, I had to be conservative, but I now find it impossible to imagine myself holding to the tenants of my faith as well as being a conservative (note - This is for me, and not an attack on any of my brethren and sisters who are conservative).

Economically is where my liberalism stands out. I find it criminal that a small majority makes literally hundreds of times more than the majority of their workers. At the risk of being stoned, I shall say that I firmly believe that a leader should only make at most three to four times as much money as a worker. I believe in welfare and health reform, because I believe in caring for the poor and the needy, and if the government proves to be a tool for that, so be it. Jesus never said 'I help those who help themselves', and I do not believe in extreme individualism - rather, to view ourselves as servants to each other and have a communal view of ourselves in society. In fact, I believe our extremist individualism is the root of many of our social ills.

Socially I am slightly left of center. I believe in same-sex marriage as a Christian, though I feel government should abandon the word 'marriage' altogether and give 'civil unions' to everyone, and that marriage should be returned to the faith - where we can marry homosexuals if we please. I have written an 11 page research paper on this, and anyone is free to read it if they ask. Ask me in a message and I will send it to you. I am Pro-Life in a sense - that sense being that the idea of abortions is sad to me. However, I do not believe making it illegal solves the problem, and worse, I feel that the Republicans have used abortion to put a ring in the nose of my faith and lead us away from helping the poor and needy. What will inspire a deep sense of anger in me are the words 'I cannot support a child financially or time-wise, so I don't want to have it'. However, my anger is not at the woman, but to everyone else - myself included - as a child will die because we are so ingrained with individualism that a young woman cannot expect help and love from society. I'm necessarily for gun-control, though honestly I don't give that topic a great deal of thought - I'm not a violent person in any sense.

I would ask that no one hold any great debate with me here in the introduction topic. If you would like to talk to me about any of these issues, or have questions, feel free to send me a message. I would love to hear from you. And I look forward to debating with all of you.

Love and blessings,
-Bryan

namvet
08-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Hello - My name is Bryan Neff.

Currently I'm in Lees Summit Missouri, though I shall soon be in Kirksville Missouri to attend Truman State University. I'm attempting to get my BA in Philosophy and Religion, followed by my Masters in Philosophy.

The following I tell you so you shall know where I come from when I speak :

I would likely be described as a liberal Christian. I once thought that in order to be a passionate Christian, I had to be conservative, but I now find it impossible to imagine myself holding to the tenants of my faith as well as being a conservative (note - This is for me, and not an attack on any of my brethren and sisters who are conservative).

Economically is where my liberalism stands out. I find it criminal that a small majority makes literally hundreds of times more than the majority of their workers. At the risk of being stoned, I shall say that I firmly believe that a leader should only make at most three to four times as much money as a worker. I believe in welfare and health reform, because I believe in caring for the poor and the needy, and if the government proves to be a tool for that, so be it. Jesus never said 'I help those who help themselves', and I do not believe in extreme individualism - rather, to view ourselves as servants to each other and have a communal view of ourselves in society. In fact, I believe our extremist individualism is the root of many of our social ills.

Socially I am slightly left of center. I believe in same-sex marriage as a Christian, though I feel government should abandon the word 'marriage' altogether and give 'civil unions' to everyone, and that marriage should be returned to the faith - where we can marry homosexuals if we please. I have written an 11 page research paper on this, and anyone is free to read it if they ask. Ask me in a message and I will send it to you. I am Pro-Life in a sense - that sense being that the idea of abortions is sad to me. However, I do not believe making it illegal solves the problem, and worse, I feel that the Republicans have used abortion to put a ring in the nose of my faith and lead us away from helping the poor and needy. What will inspire a deep sense of anger in me are the words 'I cannot support a child financially or time-wise, so I don't want to have it'. However, my anger is not at the woman, but to everyone else - myself included - as a child will die because we are so ingrained with individualism that a young woman cannot expect help and love from society. I'm necessarily for gun-control, though honestly I don't give that topic a great deal of thought - I'm not a violent person in any sense.

I would ask that no one hold any great debate with me here in the introduction topic. If you would like to talk to me about any of these issues, or have questions, feel free to send me a message. I would love to hear from you. And I look forward to debating with all of you.

Love and blessings,
-Bryan

I lived in Independence for many years. now I live North of the downtown area. I got to meet Harry Truman more than once. shook his hand, patted him on the back and told him he made the right decision in frying all those Japs.
I believe there should be a "final solution" for this illegal government

so your guy on the ground reading a book and im the one up in the tree with a sniper rifle

chesswarsnow
08-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Welcome Dekon, so glad you made it.
2. Other opinions are always nice to hear.
3. Looking forward to your input.
4. One thing though, is there many people hiring in Philiosophy.
5. My Doctor himself told me his son is doing the same thing, he chuckled, that who says, "I need more philiosphers, go hire me some!":laugh2:
6. About all you can do is teach it.:beer:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

jimnyc
08-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Hello - My name is Bryan

Hey, Bryan, welcome to DP! Although we seem to be at opposite ends of political beliefs, it's nice to see someone who can discuss/debate rationally, polite & intelligently. Shoot me a PM if you need assistance with anything.

-Jim

emmett
08-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Welcome Bryan. Good to see you here. Now jump in.....they need you!

Abbey Marie
08-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Welcome, Bryan. Glad to have you here!

revelarts
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Folks,
My real names Avery,
I live in Virginia, and I have worked for Newspapers and City Governments as a Graphic Designer -full time- and done for hire work with my side biz for all kinds of folks. I do a bit of real estate when I can as well.

I guess I'm kind of a laid back Born Again Christian with strong socially conservative leanings and on balance have, in the past, supported mostly republicans. However I've always been a strong constitutionalists and civil libertarian . The bill of Right is still a very good thing. Which the Republicans SAY they support but after 9/11 I was saddened and then sickened by just how fast the constitution got thrown under the bus. Then the invasion of Iraq. At that point I really started looking a lot more closely at the whole range of republican rhetoric vs republican actions. I was even more disappointed. At this point you might call me a Ron Paul Republican because it seems he's one of the few who, at least, backs up what he says he believes about the constitution by voting for it. I'm with Paul about 75% of the way. But I've fallen so far off the republican train that I don't think you could call me a Ron Paul "Republican". I'm tired of both parties frankly. They both espouse wonderful principals but both are corrupt and manipulative and seem to have little to no serious intentions of being parties of the people. I could go on but my daughter is looking for some dinner and moms at work soo.

uh ... Oh.. was reading about some U.S. military action and did a search about it and ending up here rummaging around. interesting crowd. I've wanted to post on several subjects and get you folks reaction. I've got the utmost respect for every person here but i may challenge and examine ideas, fact and assertions pretty harshly please don't take it personal. God loves ya and He told me to do the same.

:dance: I love that icon

crin63
02-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Welcome aboard Avery! I look forward to your input.

Hi Folks,
My real names Avery,
I live in Virginia, and I have worked for Newspapers and City Governments as a Graphic Designer -full time- and done for hire work with my side biz for all kinds of folks. I do a bit of real estate when I can as well.

I guess I'm kind of a laid back Born Again Christian with strong socially conservative leanings and on balance have, in the past, supported mostly republicans. However I've always been a strong constitutionalists and civil libertarian . The bill of Right is still a very good thing. Which the Republicans SAY they support but after 9/11 I was saddened and then sickened by just how fast the constitution got thrown under the bus. Then the invasion of Iraq. At that point I really started looking a lot more closely at the whole range of republican rhetoric vs republican actions. I was even more disappointed. At this point you might call me a Ron Paul Republican because it seems he's one of the few who, at least, backs up what he says he believes about the constitution by voting for it. I'm with Paul about 75% of the way. But I've fallen so far off the republican train that I don't think you could call me a Ron Paul "Republican". I'm tired of both parties frankly. They both espouse wonderful principals but both are corrupt and manipulative and seem to have little to no serious intentions of being parties of the people. I could go on but my daughter is looking for some dinner and moms at work soo.

uh ... Oh.. was reading about some U.S. military action and did a search about it and ending up here rummaging around. interesting crowd. I've wanted to post on several subjects and get you folks reaction. I've got the utmost respect for every person here but i may challenge and examine ideas, fact and assertions pretty harshly please don't take it personal. God loves ya and He told me to do the same.

red states rule
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,
My real names Avery,

Glad to have you here, and have fun

chloe
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Enjoy your stay Avery

Abbey Marie
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome, Avery! I look forward to your posting.

And since you like it: :dance:

Kathianne
02-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi Avery,
I too look forward to your posts and perhaps some crossing of swords and agreement. ;)

I like the dancer, but also :beer: and :slap: It's been awhile, but fun to pull out :boom2:

revelarts
02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
thanks for the welcome everyone
K the that gun is pretty cool :thumb:

Kathianne
02-07-2010, 01:48 AM
thanks for the welcome everyone
K the that gun is pretty cool :thumb:

Yes, smilies add to the fun! When I'm thinking and waiting I like this one. :smoke: Now our beloved boss has a thing about this :boobies: but then we bring out the :slap: :laugh2:

Kathianne
03-14-2010, 03:48 AM
I noticed that we've had a lot of new members and no intros. Thought this might be a more noticeable location.

Welcome all!

Abbey Marie
03-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Good idea, Kath. :thumb:

OldMercsRule
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I noticed that we've had a lot of new members and no intros. Thought this might be a more noticeable location.

Welcome all!

Hi all. Name is Murky.

I've been runnin' at the mouth, (actually the keyboard), so many of you prolly saw me irritatin' blue "cornpone". Sorry butt the blue is burned into me single functional brain cell, (stuck on stoooooooopid)!!! :D

One of me Liberal buds on another forum named me typin' "cornpone". (I'm a horrible speller and it helps mask one of me many problems at least I'm foolish enough ta think soooooooo). :D

I'm Cornservative, livin' near a bright blue Left coast town: Seattle.

I like older Mercury inline6 outboards, (tall Black beauties that they are).

I own a private island in a lake in the Cascades that I hang out at with me family in the summer.

One Liberal feller named it "RR Island" fer Ruby Ridge as I tend ta like personal fire power ta protect me smooookin' screamin' tall Black girls the Liberals in this hard Left State may wanna try ta take away from me. ;) j/k

Hope most of ya don't mind the blue typin' (I know some do).

Me overpriced $.02. JR

chloe
03-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi all. Name is Murky.

I've been runnin' at the mouth, (actually the keyboard), so many of you prolly saw me irritatin' blue "cornpone". Sorry butt the blue is burned into me single functional brain cell, (stuck on stoooooooopid)!!! :D

One of me Liberal buds on another forum named me typin' "cornpone". (I'm a horrible speller and it helps mask one of me many problems at least I'm foolish enough ta think soooooooo). :D

I own a private island in a lake in the Cascades that I hang out at with me family in the summer.

One Liberal feller named it "RR Island" fer Ruby Ridge as I tend ta like personal fire power ta protect me smooookin' screamin' tall Black girls the Liberals in this hard Left State may wanna try ta take away from me. ;) j/k

Me overpriced $.02. JR

Ok well welcome to the board Murky

namvet
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi all. Name is Murky.

Me overpriced $.02. JR

http://i43.tinypic.com/rc9111.jpg

hey welcome i used to do some boatin myself :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
03-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi all. Name is Murky.

Me overpriced $.02. JR

Welcome to the board, Murky!

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok well welcome to the board Murky

Thanks Chloe!!! JR

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/rc9111.jpg

hey welcome i used to do some boatin myself :laugh2:

Yup it sure looks that way. Thanks. JR

OldMercsRule
03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the board, Murky!

Thanks Abbey. JR

Dante
03-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Hello people. What does a guy have to do to get a drink around here?

Mr. P
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Show ID and yer cash. :poke:

Noir
03-23-2010, 07:00 PM

Sadly all the women are offline at the minute, i fear we shall all have to wait ;D

Dante
03-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Show ID and yer cash. :poke:
Did you mean my IP and cache?

:beer:

Dante
03-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Sadly all the women are offline at the minute, i fear we shall all have to wait ;D

Dante waits for no woman.

chloe
03-23-2010, 07:38 PM

Not much....Salute !:beer:

Dante
03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Not much....Salute !:beer:

hjmick
03-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Holy hell, look what the cat dragged in...

Kathianne
03-24-2010, 04:30 AM

Indeed. :rolleyes:

Dante
03-26-2010, 01:48 AM

Cat? As in Katherine?

Dante
03-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Indeed. :rolleyes:

In deed? :beer:

sybarite
04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Wisconsin, and an avid snowmobiler. I've been married 26 years to my dh, and have two adult daughters and one grand-daughter. See you all in debate.

hortysir
04-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey, Syb!!!

Thanks for the invite.

umm........
About me???
Right-Wing Nut-Job, redneck, Christian, joker, flirt.....and I purposely mis-spell words because I despise all the rules the English language has, so I just follow ALL of them at the same time :D
I hate debates to get personal and flaming/bashing in nature. That's why I was invited here.
Ex-Navy, if ya can't tell by my sig and avatar.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Welcome sybarite and hortysir! Hope you enjoy it here. :salute:

hortysir
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Thank You, AbDey.

So far, so good! :D
:dance:

sybarite
04-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Abbey!!:)

HogTrash
04-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Wisconsin, and an avid snowmobiler. I've been married 26 years to my dh, and have two adult daughters and one grand-daughter. See you all in debate.
Hey, Syb!!!

Thanks for the invite.

umm........
About me???
Right-Wing Nut-Job, redneck, Christian, joker, flirt.....and I purposely mis-spell words because I despise all the rules the English language has, so I just follow ALL of them at the same time :D
I hate debates to get personal and flaming/bashing in nature. That's why I was invited here.
Ex-Navy, if ya can't tell by my sig and avatar.Welcome newcomers :mm: I hope you enjoy yourselves. :thewave:

Kathianne
04-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Welcome new members! Great to see you, now I'm off to read new posts!

HappyCamperKitteh
04-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop a line and say hi. My name is Marie and I'm a newbie to the forums (and evidently not to debating).

I certainly hope to have a rousing debate with all you intellects while also making some great friends (and hopefully no enemies). Anyway, great to be here. :D

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Hello all. I am Jason and a political forum veteran of many years. Red States Rules, Boogyman and Chesswarsnow are all posters that I am very familiar with. Nice to see so many usernames that I recognize. Look forward to engaging discussions on this forum. Thanks.

:salute:

CynicismandMisanthropy
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Hello I'm CynicismandMisanthropy, you guys can just call me C&M for short. As you can tell by my avatar I identify as a Nihilist. I'll elaborate that on a little bit here since the term Nihilism has a lot of misconceptions attatched to it. It may seem a contradiction to some, but nihilism is a path far more likely to lead to a sense of purpose than anyone is likely to experience, without having first gone through this devaluation process. Far from being "a belief in nothing", nihilism is rather a process of rejecting "belief", in the same sense that believing in something involves a faith and adherence to an idea that does not require any careful consideration. Having swept aside all the values that have been inculcated into us externally, by social pressure and influence, the conscious nihilist experiences the liberating state of mind brought by realising nothing has any intrinsic value. At this point, we begin to construct values once again - this time attempting to bring meaning to our lives and meaning to the universe.

This influences my politics and has lead me to a post-humanist strain of thought like that of Louis Althusser. I don't see politics as Freedom vs. Totalitarianism but rather I see these as simply our judgments of outcomes. Which is often off putting to most people, but what can you do?

namvet
04-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Hello all. I am Jason and a political forum veteran of many years. Red States Rules, Boogyman and Chesswarsnow are all posters that I am very familiar with. Nice to see so many usernames that I recognize. Look forward to engaging discussions on this forum. Thanks.

:salute:

welcome aboard

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
welcome aboard

Thanks.

PS: Thank you for your service to the country. :salute:

Abbey Marie
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Welcome Jaaaman and C&M!

Kathianne
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
What Abbey said. Enjoy!

hjmick
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I've always liked Corpus, not as much as San Antonio, but still...

I remember driving through Corpus Christi after a hurricane back when I was a kid. It was a mess. We were on our way from Kingsville to somewhere...

I should go back to Kingsville some day...

Jaaaman
04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I've always liked Corpus, not as much as San Antonio, but still...

I remember driving through Corpus Christi after a hurricane back when I was a kid. It was a mess. We were on our way from Kingsville to somewhere...

I should go back to Kingsville some day...

Kingsville is a nice little town.

hjmick
04-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Kingsville is a nice little town.

I remember it fondly, though I was just a small lad. My dad taught and A&M, back then it was A&I.

On some level, Texas will always be "home."

chesswarsnow
04-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Welcome Jaaman and C&M, Jaaman escaped from DF, another site I used to be on alot.
2. But I self banned when they hired a muzzy mod team member, just my principles.
3. If you know my set way of posting you know what I mean.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

StarBrite
06-07-2010, 09:23 AM
HI everyone. I came across this forum a few days ago, and bookmarked it and have been looking it over and decided to join. I hope to be an asset to the forum :)

Abbey Marie
06-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Welcome, StarBrite. What a lovely name!

Jump in and get to know us. :beer:

SassyLady
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM
HI everyone. I came across this forum a few days ago, and bookmarked it and have been looking it over and decided to join. I hope to be an asset to the forum :)

Welcome StarBrite!

StarBrite
06-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Thank you both for the warm welcome. :coffee:

red states rule
06-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Welcome to the community

Psychoblues
06-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Enjoy your time here, cowboy!!!!!!!!! It's a great ride!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::salute::beer:

Psychoblues

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I guess I should make a formal introduction here.

Actually, I just wanted to see if my avatar upload worked ok, but hey - kill two birds.

Hi, I'm Sweetchuck. I've gone by other monikers including Captain Obvious on other forums like DC Junkies (where I'm uber-banned), Politirant (which is now semi-defunct), US Message Boards (banned also) and my forum which I don't want to pimp here, it's not why I'm here.

I was banned from DCJ along with a few other members simply because I'm fairly conservative and the Admin is a dickless, pig fucking asshole. Got technically banned from USM because I posted a non-dicky reply that the forum was way too active and complicated for my liking and I wanted to be somewhere where it's a little more... cozy I suppose. Guess they took offense to that, fuckum.

I was a solid regular on PR until they just decided to shut down without notice, so I whipped up a forum using ProBoards and gathered a bunch of my compadres to post there, where it's sort of active - but honestly, I don't want to run a message board. Fucking pain in the ass. I offered up the keys to that forum to other members but no takers - and these forums are flavor of the day, so sometimes it's busy, sometimes not. I simply want to be a member of a forum and not have to worry about all the diplomacy bullshit and promoting the site. Maybe I'll direct some of those folks here, they're good people but they're settling over at a place called The Congress.

I didn't care for The Congress because they censor the site. I'm not into that shit, I like it wide open. This place smells great. Not too busy, fairly smart people, no babysitting. I'll stick around and be a productive member here.

That is all.

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Fucking avatar didn't work - is there some post count limit until it works?

Sweetchuck
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Nevermind, I fucked it up.

Fixed.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Welcome, Chuck. We are kinda cozy here. :beer:

Sweetchuck
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Thank you. I like it here a lot.

cadet
07-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone, I am new here and hope to learn alot and have fun!!!!

crin63
07-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Welcome! Jump on in and enjoy.

Abbey Marie
07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Welcome Cadet! Glad to have you on board.

Seer Travis
11-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I am Travis Truman, and I will be posting here in order to reveal the Forbidden Truths of humanity and society.

Seer Travis
11-26-2010, 11:46 PM

You will only learn if you listen to Me. Most of this lot know nothing.

Seer Travis
11-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Welcome! Jump on in and enjoy.

Not you again.:laugh:

PostmodernProphet
11-27-2010, 08:07 AM
I am Travis Truman, and I will be posting here in order to reveal the Forbidden Truths of humanity and society.

see?.....that's what you get for misunderstanding the word "forbidden"......

NortheastCynic
12-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey everyone,
NortheastCynic here. I recognize a few faces from another forum as well (Boogy, Chess, Jaa, PMP: Yo). See y'all on the boards.

-NC

darin
12-15-2010, 08:51 PM
welcome

BoogyMan
12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone,
NortheastCynic here. I recognize a few faces from another forum as well (Boogy, Chess, Jaa, PMP: Yo). See y'all on the boards.

-NC

Hi NC, how are you? It is good to hear from you. Jump in and enjoy, there are some really great folks here.

trobinett
12-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Haven't been around for awhile, looks like we picked up some interesting
folks, hi to all. I'll be stopping by more often now that its winter time.:salute:

CAPTDASH
12-20-2010, 08:35 PM
A special "hello" to my fellow brothers in arms, and to the rest of you folks, just a normal "hello". I am from South GA, yes it should be the 51st state, because the chaos that goes on in Macon to Atlanta is not indicative of us S. GA folks. OldMercsRule told me to come over here that there was plenty of fresh meat here. When I can't win an argument, I resort to insults, threats, then personal messages that I will show up on your door step, and whip some ass.:laugh: I will contain myself for as long as I always win. Oh and I will order a dozen pizzas from yor local Dominos and send them to you, and stick you with the bill, won't I Mercs?

jimnyc
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
A special "hello" to my fellow brothers in arms, and to the rest of you folks, just a normal "hello". I am from South GA, yes it should be the 51st state, because the chaos that goes on in Macon to Atlanta is not indicative of us S. GA folks. OldMercsRule told me to come over here that there was plenty of fresh meat here. When I can't win an argument, I resort to insults, threats, then personal messages that I will show up on your door step, and whip some ass.:laugh: I will contain myself for as long as I always win. Oh and I will order a dozen pizzas from yor local Dominos and send them to you, and stick you with the bill, won't I Mercs?

You just described many who have passed through these parts before, and my childhood, all in one neat little paragraph! :coffee:

Welcome to DP. If you need hints on who to torment, let me know and I can recommend a few!

fj1200
12-21-2010, 07:25 AM
When I can't win an argument, I resort to insults, threats, then personal messages that I will show up on your door step, and whip some ass.:laugh:

So... you're a liberal? ;)

:laugh:

OldMercsRule
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I figured we needed a Georgia redneck fer some sport. :thumb:

CAPTDASH
12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
So... you're a liberal? ;)

:laugh:

Aahh another one of those damn SMOGG infected Atlantans. At least you are close. I once whipped Olmercs with a comic book. It is a long way to Seattle. I kind of wonder why Mercs lives there. He must like the crowd, gays, liberals,gays, liberals, did Imention gays and liberals. He must have figured out how to profit off their ignorance.

If I could figure out how to profit off of liberals ignorance, I could pay off the National Debt.

Mercs, I see a trip out your way in the near future. I am going to have to wait til it warms up though. I hate this damn cold weather. It is MIAMI time. Anyone want to go. I have been thinking avbout taking me one of those Cougar cruises. It would be in a target rich environment. Anything to get warm. Screw this cold weather.

Mercs Just remember, I will not tolerate anymore of your shit. Cops use phone books to beat folks. Someone like Mercs doesn't deserve much more than an old copy of Spider Man to whip his ass with.
Y'all have a great day. I got to go do something just not sure what yet.

Mercs check that freight.

OldMercsRule
12-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Aahh another one of those damn SMOGG infected Atlantans. At least you are close. I once whipped Olmercs with a comic book. It is a long way to Seattle. I kind of wonder why Mercs lives there. He must like the crowd, gays, liberals,gays, liberals, did Imention gays and liberals. He must have figured out how to profit off their ignorance.

If I could figure out how to profit off of liberals ignorance, I could pay off the National Debt.

Mercs, I see a trip out your way in the near future. I am going to have to wait til it warms up though. I hate this damn cold weather. It is MIAMI time. Anyone want to go. I have been thinking avbout taking me one of those Cougar cruises. It would be in a target rich environment. Anything to get warm. Screw this cold weather.

Mercs Just remember, I will not tolerate anymore of your shit. Cops use phone books to beat folks. Someone like Mercs doesn't deserve much more than an old copy of Spider Man to whip his ass with.
Y'all have a great day. I got to go do something just not sure what yet.

Mercs check that freight.

At least yer goin' ta school Captn'!

When I used ta spank ol' Captn' D regularly on another site, (he may disagree with that characterization :laugh: ), I would always tell him ta "hit the books".

He told me he was gonna do somethin' nasty with some comic books or some such. I wasn't too skeeeeeeered 3,000 miles from the ol' big bad GA red neck, neeeeeeener.... neeeeeeener... LOL

So yer cumin' out ta God's Country, ta see some fruits n' nuts, eh?

That will be a riot. JR

treedancer
01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi everybody, my name is treedancer …. I came here act as referee(and part time interpreter) between oldmercsrule and CAPTDASH. :coffee:

OldMercsRule
01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi everybody, my name is treedancer …. I came here act as referee(and part time interpreter) between oldmercsrule and CAPTDASH. :coffee:

Hey Mr. Tree!!!!! Glad ya stumbled over here. :thumb:

CaptDash is in Fort Sill n' relatively out of touch as the internet is difficult fer him ta get to at present. (Me thinks it was Fort Sill).

The Big Bad Redneck will be back in South GA in three weeks or so, n' I'm not sure if he will be out of touch with regard to online 'till then. :cool:

CAPTDASH
01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey Mr. Tree!!!!! Glad ya stumbled over here. :thumb:

CaptDash is in Fort Sill n' relatively out of touch as the internet is difficult fer him ta get to at present. (Me thinks it was Fort Sill).

The Big Bad Redneck will be back in South GA in three weeks or so, n' I'm not sure if he will be out of touch with regard to online 'till then. :cool:

I am at Ft Stupid or more commonly called Stewart. I have finally figured out how to hack the internet connection, it just took me a damn week to do it. Mercs I can't hit the porn sites, but I can get on here. :laugh:

Welcome Treeprancer. Good to see an old face, well not really. Just leave bird poop out of the picture.

treedancer
01-15-2011, 12:41 AM
I am at Ft Stupid or more commonly called Stewart. I have finally figured out how to hack the internet connection, it just took me a damn week to do it. Mercs I can't hit the porn sites, but I can get on here. :laugh:

Welcome Treeprancer. Good to see an old face, well not really. Just leave bird poop out of the picture.

Good to see ya Cap...when you get bit more rank they will let you hack the porn sites. :thumb:

red states rule
01-15-2011, 05:07 AM

Welcome to the community

GUBMINT Cheese
01-24-2011, 05:51 AM
HI!.....

darin
01-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Welcome! where ya from?

GUBMINT Cheese
01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Seattle.....

darin
01-24-2011, 06:39 AM
I grew up in Renton.

:)

GUBMINT Cheese
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM
SORRY!
:lol:

darin
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Don't hate. Renton kick's seattle square in the butt. Seattle = Horrible government leadership/policies, over-crowding, AND people who can't drive in the rain, snow, OR sun.

:D

treedancer
01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Don't hate. Renton kick's seattle square in the butt. Seattle = Horrible government leadership/policies, over-crowding, AND people who can't drive in the rain, snow, OR sun.

Don’t confuse GUBMINT Cheese, he still has training wheels on his three wheel bike. :thumb:

GUBMINT Cheese
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM

Just teasin' ya!....
You are correct about the local GUBMINT & such....
I don't know who is/was worse Mayor McSchwinn or Greg Nickles & Dimes us......
The biggest travesty is the Coon County logo foisted upon the Libtarded populace by Ron Simian & Co.....
Too bad for the country that Obongo tapped a bunch of the local losers to help him run the country further into the red.....
*Rant off*....

OldMercsRule
01-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Just teasin' ya!....
The biggest travesty is the Coon County logo foisted upon the Libtarded populace by Ron Simian & Co.....
Too bad for the country that Obongo tapped a bunch of the local losers to help him run the country further into the red.....
*Rant off*....

Oh Bro HO..........

Yer gettin' off to a heckofa start. :lol:

Seattle's mayor is a real first class turd. :laugh2:

Gary Lock, (Obamaprompter's trade feller), was the former Gov, n' prior ta that the former King County Exec. who blew up a perfectly good Kingdome, (that had a new roof), n' helped kick start two of the most expensive stadiums on planet earth (against the voters expressed wishes), n' most voters in God's country are LIBERALS!!!!!!!

N' they can't afford ta fix the Alaska way viaduct or the 520 floating bridge, either of which would kill the Seattle economy if they fell down or sunk. :laugh2: :laugh2:

That's dim wit Democrats for ya!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2:

Mr. P
01-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Just teasin' ya!....
*Rant off*....
They have a "coon" county in the liberal N.W.? Liberal hypocrites! Go figure. :laugh:

texastom
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
reading some of the monikers that are in use here and used to be used at "the other board". Was a member over there for many years and stopped posting in 2006 right after the "transfer". Haven't been frequenting any message-board since; primarily due to the fact they become so addictive.

On "the other board" I went by the moniker freeandfun1. Not feeling so free nor so fun these days, so thought I would try something new here.

Any of you remember old Hawk from the other place? Believe it or not, I still talk to him quite often.

What ever happend to manu1959, said1, rtwngAvngr and -Cp? There were a few others too that I can't remember.... but of course CSM, I'll never forget you!

Mr. P
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
reading some of the monikers that are in use here and used to be used at "the other board". Was a member over there for many years and stopped posting in 2006 right after the "transfer". Haven't been frequenting any message-board since; primarily due to the fact they become so addictive.

On "the other board" I went by the moniker freeandfun1. Not feeling so free nor so fun these days, so thought I would try something new here.

Any of you remember old Hawk from the other place? Believe it or not, I still talk to him quite often.

What ever happend to manu1959, said1, rtwngAvngr and -Cp? There were a few others too that I can't remember.... but of course CSM, I'll never forget you!
I'm glad you found yer way back home !

texastom
02-01-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm glad you found yer way back home !

Thank you, thank you, thank you very muchee!

Sorry man, I didn't forget you! How could I? :-)

So, how have things been???

Psychoblues
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM

I remember you, tom. I don't know if we ever spoke but I do remember you and all those that you indicate that you remember from the other board. I think Cp still posts here from time to time and so does CSM more often but I don't remember the last time I saw m'59, rtwngAvngr or said1.

Good to see you again. Don't let it become addictive this time. I agree with you that it just ain't healthy!!!!!!!! Maybe there's treatment under the Patients Rights and Affordable Care Act available for us?!?!?!

Psychoblues

jimnyc
02-01-2011, 08:40 AM

I remember freeandfun1! I remember hawk too but haven't seen him in ages (online of course). I believe the others post at my old board, I know of another board that Rtwng posts at - and -Cp posts here but not nearly as much as he used to.

texastom
02-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I remember freeandfun1! I remember hawk too but haven't seen him in ages (online of course). I believe the others post at my old board, I know of another board that Rtwng posts at - and -Cp posts here but not nearly as much as he used to.hey jim! what's your brother up to these days?

the board looks nice.

jimnyc
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
hey jim! what's your brother up to these days?

the board looks nice.

John is still the same! Working/living in NJ and has his own board he toys around with at http://www.evilsfunhouse.com (his moniker is "Sir Evil"). He pops in here every now and again to see if he can start some trouble. :laugh:

texastom
02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
John is still the same! Working/living in NJ and has his own board he toys around with at "evilsfunhouse" (his moniker is "Sir Evil"). He pops in here every now and again to see if he can start some trouble. :laugh:Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about the "fun house" lol.

Is GOPJeff still around? I'll probably jump into a debate before too long. I'm really paying a lot of attention to what's going on in the ME. It looks like we're going through a major generational change in that part of the world.

See you around!

texastom
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about the "fun house" lol.

Is GOPJeff still around? I'll probably jump into a debate before too long. I'm really paying a lot of attention to what's going on in the ME. It looks like we're going through a major generational change in that part of the world.

See you around!just making one more post here so I can finish my comment in another thread with a link to an article! :salute:

NightTrain
02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
FreeandFun1... yep, I remember you!

Nice to see you man.

Trinnity
02-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Gaffer invited me. I'm friends with him and Chloe.

Hi, I'm Trinnity.

I made you do it. You know I did.
The Q is here.

texastom
02-03-2011, 11:54 PM

Hi, I'm Trinnity.

The Q is here.

http://loonie-bin.com/phpBB2/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

chloe
02-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Hi, I'm Trinnity.

The Q is here.

Heh heh..... Hey Blondie you made it !!!:rolleyes:

Y'all better watchout for this Conservative, she's a firecracker and hungry to debate liberals:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
02-04-2011, 12:08 AM
sir evil :)

hehehehe

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 12:14 AM

Hi, I'm Trinnity.

The Q is here.

Welcome Trinnity!! Another hot conservative woman to drive the liberals crazy!! Yeehaw!

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I make liberals' heads explode. Sucks to be them.

chloe
02-04-2011, 12:37 AM
I make liberals' heads explode. Sucks to be them.

You also know Binky Boo & Oldmercsrule

Oh yeah the owner of this board is handsome:rolleyes:

texastom
02-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Hot conservative chicks that can debate are......

http://www.ct4me.net/images/waycool2.gif

chloe
02-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Hot conservative chicks that can debate are......

http://www.ct4me.net/images/waycool2.gif

She's a Firecracker, just wait until you see.

Her & Gaffer "specialize" in Muslim debates:laugh2:

texastom
02-04-2011, 12:46 AM
This board reminds me of the old board Jim had before this one. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you. I know many that moved here when he started this board, but at that time I just left all MSG Boards for a few years until I came here a few days ago.

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 12:50 AM
You also know Binky Boo & Oldmercsrule

Oh yeah the owner of this board is handsome:rolleyes:

There are quite a few handsome guys on this board in addition to the owner!!

chloe
02-04-2011, 12:53 AM
There are quite a few handsome guys on this board in addition to the owner!!

Yes, she likes the brown eyes and brown hair boys:salute:

chloe
02-04-2011, 12:54 AM
This board reminds me of the old board Jim had before this one. I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you. I know many that moved here when he started this board, but at that time I just left all MSG Boards for a few years until I came here a few days ago.

Nice to meet you, why the sabbatical from messageboards? You weren't doin time were ya>?:rolleyes:

texastom
02-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Nice to meet you, why the sabbatical from messageboards? You weren't doin time were ya>?:rolleyes:Na, didn't do any time! lol

Oh, a few reasons. One reason is that I had let it become to obsessive. Another was that frankly, I got tired of politics and I got tired of thinking I could have discussions with liberals that were discussions based on logic and reasoning. I now know better than that and typically will just avoid partisan political discussions.

I'm conservative, but now really consider myself more of a libertarian than a "conservative". There are also many reasons for that change... I guess I've matured a lot over the last few years! lol

I've also come to realize that neither party gives a damn about us and it's all about power and elitism. Since there is nothing I can do about that, I'm just biding time until the world explodes! :dance:

I spend some time on a NCAA Football board (I LOVE CFB) and I read a lot of blogs, but I haven't been one to post much since about 2006 when I left "the other board" (not sure if we can mention it here! LoL).

But nowadays I'm in the mood for some intellectual stimulation and since I travel overseas a lot, sometimes online is the best place to find it!

chloe
02-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Na, didn't do any time! lol

Oh, a few reasons. One reason is that I had let it become to obsessive. Another was that frankly, I got tired of politics and I got tired of thinking I could have discussions with liberals that were discussions based on logic and reasoning. I now know better than that and typically will just avoid partisan political discussions.

I'm conservative, but now really consider myself more of a libertarian than a "conservative". There are also many reasons for that change... I guess I've matured a lot over the last few years! lol

I've also come to realize that neither party gives a damn about us and it's all about power and elitism. Since there is nothing I can do about that, I'm just biding time until the world explodes! :dance:

I spend some time on a NCAA Football board (I LOVE CFB) and I read a lot of blogs, but I haven't been one to post much since about 2006 when I left "the other board" (not sure if we can mention it here! LoL).

But nowadays I'm in the mood for some intellectual stimulation and since I travel overseas a lot, sometimes online is the best place to find it!

I know what other board you are talking about, it was the first political board I had ever been to as well. I tried one other after leaving usmb and then came here. I have been off hanging with Gaffer & Binky somewhere else and met that firecracker Trinnity, she is a fighter WOW !

I am not much of a debater myself I am more social on the boards. I lean conservative on fiscal matters and liberal on some social issues.

Gaffer & Trinnity are both pretty conservative all around.

Gaffer also has a daughter that's a Hot Blonde who posts here occasionally and her screen name is Trinity ironically, so you will see 2 different blonde conservative women posting here one named Trinnity and one named Trinity:laugh2:

SassyLady
02-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes, she likes the brown eyes and brown hair boys:salute:

I'm partial to dark hair and blue eyes, but it's not a deal breaker. :laugh:

chloe
02-04-2011, 01:16 AM

They only need a beard and a Fedora, and I'm melting I tell ya:laugh:

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Give up? NEVER. NOT in my lexicon.

As long as there are zombies like Obama, Pelosi, Rangel, Frank, Sanders, Dodd, Reid, et all in our govt - I'll continue to burn hides.

As long as there are unions robbing members for pac $$$ and shuttling them to Marxist rallies on buses, I'll never give up.

As long as there is one Marxist/Alinsky-ite in MY govt. deficit spending us into oblivion, I WILL apply pressure to Republicans to fight it.

I'll put my stock in the libertarian-republicans and Tea Party people who are now influencing the R party.
We need more of them and that's something I can push.

The progressives have overplayed their collectivist hand. The sleeping giant that is the people is now awake.

The it is pissed. :321:

NightTrain
02-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the board, Trinnity!

There's a couple of resident moonbats around here, looking forward to seeing the fireworks.

fj1200
02-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Give up? NEVER.

... I'll continue to burn hides.

... I'll never give up.

... I WILL apply pressure...

I must have missed the cape in your avy. ;)

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 12:20 PM
You must have.....I am known as a superhero.

Little-Acorn
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Give up? NEVER. NOT in my lexicon.

As long as there are zombies like Obama, Pelosi, Rangel, Frank, Sanders, Dodd, Reid, et all in our govt - I'll continue to burn hides.

As long as there are unions robbing members for pac $$$ and shuttling them to Marxist rallies on buses, I'll never give up.

As long as there is one Marxist/Alinsky-ite in MY govt. deficit spending us into oblivion, I WILL apply pressure to Republicans to fight it.

I'll put my stock in the libertarian-republicans and Tea Party people who are now influencing the R party.
We need more of them and that's something I can push.

The progressives have overplayed their collectivist hand. The sleeping giant that is the people is now awake.

Welcome, Trinnity. (Any relation to the Trinity I've seen on other boards?)

Don't forget the Republicans whose goal in life is to compromise with the above-named leftists and show the world how tolerant they are. They need to be pressured just as much, up to and including getting turfed out of office if they don't vote by CONSERVATIVE principles.

hjmick
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Ah yes, that's right. I forgot about the "fun house" lol.

See you around!

Good to see you found the place, Tom. Welcome.

texastom
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Good to see you found the place, Tom. Welcome.

Thank you!

chloe
02-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Don't forget the Republicans whose goal in life is to compromise with the above-named leftists and show the world how tolerant they are. They need to be pressured just as much, up to and including getting turfed out of office if they don't vote by CONSERVATIVE principles.

There are two different Trinity/Trinnity's

Little-Acorn
02-04-2011, 02:06 PM
There are two different Trinity/Trinnity's

Variety is the spice of life. :dance:

Little-Acorn
02-04-2011, 02:08 PM

This grey is so outta here..... (fumbling with Grecian Formula bottle)

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome back, TT, and welcome Trinnity. :salute:

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Don't forget the Republicans whose goal in life is to compromise with the above-named leftists and show the world how tolerant they are. They need to be pressured just as much, up to and including getting turfed out of office if they don't vote by CONSERVATIVE principles.Nope, won't forget.

Thing is we have a chance with the Rs. They are capitalists, not Marxists, and they don't hate America.
With the dems, we don't have a chance. They're out to "fundamentally change" America.
Marxists.....Grrrrrrrrr.

About Trinnity.....I am not anyone you knew from another board if they didn't spell it with 2 Ns. Tell me which board (or just PM me with the info) and I will tell you.......

blarset
02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Where is the thread starter for new members?
Hi Trinnity. Hi everyone glad to be here.

Gaffer
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome Trinnity and blarset. Good to see you.

Now where did I put that thread starter?

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Welcome Blarset. :salute: