Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Syrenn
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome to DP, Syrenn.

Thank you Abbey.

Marcus Aurelius
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Welcome to DP, Syrenn.

We really need to stop calling it DP. Those of us with our minds in the gutters....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
I too don't know her profession since she has not said.

Jim, back on the AOL forum, a prostitute, a call girl started posting. She spent time defending her job. Said she did a lot of traveling and made huge sums of money.

She was fun to talk too.

Many people think they are fun to do other things with Robert!--;););)--Tyr

BettyW
04-24-2013, 03:02 AM
I am Betty White from Los Angeles, Ca, newbie here! So nice to be here! Thanks ;)

CSM
04-24-2013, 06:31 AM
I am Betty White from Los Angeles, Ca, newbie here! So nice to be here! Thanks ;)

Betty White? There has to be a joke in there someplace! In any case, welcome to the insanity.

Marcus Aurelius
04-24-2013, 07:05 AM

A... Welcome

B... dredging up old threads is kinda looked down on. Probably not a great way to start your posting career.

aboutime
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Welcome Betty. The temptations are many, and you've probably heard them hundreds of times.
So. I won't ask the obvious.
How many times did you vote for Obama?

Larrymc
04-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I am Betty White from Los Angeles, Ca, newbie here! So nice to be here! Thanks ;)Welcome Betty, i haven't been on much lately, but welcome hope you enjoy

Robert A Whit
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Robert A Whit http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=620039#post620039)
I too don't know her profession since she has not said.

Jim, back on the AOL forum, a prostitute, a call girl started posting. She spent time defending her job. Said she did a lot of traveling and made huge sums of money.

She was fun to talk to.

Many people think they are fun to do other things with Robert!--;););)--Tyr

She might have been affordable for you. Not so for me.

Marcus Aurelius
04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
what is it with men and loving Dommes? I give off that impression, i know..... which amuses me. :laugh2:

about right! A professional pastry chef. So can do both.

Not into them myself. I prefer an angel in the bedroom and a slut in the kitchen :dev3:

Kid Force
06-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Hi,
I'm Revelarts daughter.
My dad has been telling about his talks here. I want to say things to.
Hello everyone.

revelarts
06-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Hi Baby Girl. welcome!
You do know i'm not going to let you read everything here right?
OK.
(FYI she's not old enough to drive folks)
Folks my daughter's a young sweetheart but has been quite exercised by some of the things she's read here.
so beware the cuddly bear.

Thunderknuckles
06-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Hi,
I'm Revelarts daughter.
Hello everyone.
LOL, that is funny. Been keeping the kids tied down with the duct tape Rev? I can't blame ya :p
Welcome to the board Kid. I'm a friend of your tin foil hat wearing daddy :laugh:

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Hi,
I'm Revelarts daughter.
Hello everyone.

Hello and welcome! Your dad is a nice guy, I'm sure you are a great kid!

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi,
I'm Revelarts daughter.
Hello everyone.

Wow, I didn't even know Rev had a daughter! That's awesome, and welcome to DP!!! :)

I agree with Kath before me, you have a great Dad. And now that you're here I have to be nicer to him, watch my language and all that other cr... see! :salute:

Kid Force
06-01-2013, 10:16 AM
LOL, that is funny. Been keeping the kids tied down with the duct tape Rev? I can't blame ya :p
Welcome to the board Kid. I'm a friend of your tin foil hat wearing daddy :laugh:

Hello and welcome! Your dad is a nice guy, I'm sure you are a great kid!

Wow, I didn't even know Rev had a daughter! That's awesome, and welcome to DP!!! :)
I agree with Kath before me, you have a great Dad. And now that you're here I have to be nicer to him, watch my language and all that other cr... see! :salute:

hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.
But you should know I'm a joker, some of you people are very nice, of course others of you maybe not so much sometimes and i should warn you I'm a very feisty girl.
just remember i can be the RHINO TO YOUR MITTENS from BOLT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uIN-QGBWHAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:laugh::laugh: :laugh2:

revelarts
06-01-2013, 10:24 AM
ok just fyi everyone
And I'm NOT going to allow her to just log in and chat or read. It will be very selective and very infrequent, there's nothing I'll let her see that hasn't been screened by me 1st.

And I wouldn't want people to feel they have to bite their tongues when talking to me because my daughter might see it. Especially while I'm whole hog trying pummel their positions to dust LOL!

But, i think, there are few issue that we discuss here that it will be good for her to see how some other adults view things. Seeing her reaction to the few things I've showed her in the past her has been kinda funny. one of the 1st that she really read was the thread on the news story of the kindergartner at school with the water gun, she couldn't believe that ConHog had been a real policemen. She really wanted to set him strait LOL.

gabosaurus
06-01-2013, 10:28 AM
My daughter has been wanting to post on DP. But only to ask for ask for pictures of Cadet and Jim's son. :cool:

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 10:42 AM
hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.
But you should know I'm a joker, some of you people are very nice, of course others of you maybe not so much sometimes and i should warn you I'm a very feisty girl.
just remember i can be the RHINO TO YOUR MITTENS from BOLT.

:laugh::laugh: :laugh2:

I embedded the video in your post for you. :)

And don't worry about being feisty, we're used to it from your Dad! You and I will have to have a discussion about 9/11 someday! :coffee:

ok just fyi everyone
And I'm NOT going to allow her to just log in and chat or read. It will be very selective and very infrequent, there's nothing I'll let her see that hasn't been screened by me 1st.

And I wouldn't want people to feel they have to bite their tongues when talking to me because my daughter might see it. Especially while I'm whole hog trying pummel their positions to dust LOL!

But, i think, there are few issue that we discuss here that it will be good for her to see how some other adults view things. Seeing her reaction to the few things I've showed her in the past her has been kinda funny. one of the 1st that she really read was the thread on the news story of the kindergartner at school with the water gun, she couldn't believe that ConHog had been a real policemen. She really wanted to set him strait LOL.

I think it would be cool if she would ask general questions too, I think some would have fun "teaching" her, which of course would turn into a political debate. :)

My daughter has been wanting to post on DP. But only to ask for ask for pictures of Cadet and Jim's son. :cool:

I think we should create a "family political discussion" forum, and we can literally restrict every forum but that one to the kids. When they login they will only see the one forum. If any adult member abuses that forum, they get an immediate short term ban. I think the whole board would agree to keep things tame and respectful for any of them. It might not be a lot, but I think it's cool to see the younger ones being interested in political stuff!

aboutime
06-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Welcome...I think, young lady.

For your Dad.

Are you sure this is a good idea?

Trigg
06-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Welcome!!

I hope she enjoys the posts she's allowed to read :clap:

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 04:27 PM
I embedded the video in your post for you. :)

And don't worry about being feisty, we're used to it from your Dad! You and I will have to have a discussion about 9/11 someday! :coffee:

I think it would be cool if she would ask general questions too, I think some would have fun "teaching" her, which of course would turn into a political debate. :)

I think we should create a "family political discussion" forum, and we can literally restrict every forum but that one to the kids. When they login they will only see the one forum. If any adult member abuses that forum, they get an immediate short term ban. I think the whole board would agree to keep things tame and respectful for any of them. It might not be a lot, but I think it's cool to see the younger ones being interested in political stuff!

Is this done yet? You have the 'power', no?

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Is this done yet? You have the 'power', no?

To create the forum for the younger ones? I'd be willing to do so if others wanted it. Is that what you're referring to?

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
To create the forum for the younger ones? I'd be willing to do so if others wanted it. Is that what you're referring to?

Indeed. You brought it up, could label it something like the under 18 and above forum. Block the under 18 from other forums. Of course all is self-reporting, but that is on the parents. Obviously Rev or other custodians could choose to let the minors see selected threads, but that is on them, not you.

Seems to me to be with a good intro and name, a drawing point to this site, if we can 'hit it' on google.

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Indeed. You brought it up, could label it something like the under 18 and above forum. Block the under 18 from other forums. Of course all is self-reporting, but that is on the parents. Obviously Rev or other custodians could choose to let the minors see selected threads, but that is on them, not you.

Seems to me to be with a good intro and name, a drawing point to this site, if we can 'hit it' on google.

I can go ahead and do so, but I'm afraid we may not have much posting in it, as I think this would be our only minor member. I would love to encourage others though, and parents may let them if there is a "secure" place for them to do so. But in the beginning, it would be pretty much empty. But it can still be a "safe zone" where, for example, Rev can let his daughter go in there and ask some questions and start new threads all of her own - and anyone participating with them MUST follow the specific rules set forth for the minors forum? Maybe a "Political Introduction for Teens" or something like that?

gabosaurus
06-01-2013, 05:05 PM
My daughter has no interest in politics. She thinks politicians are "stupid and boring."
But she is ready to moderate the Taylor Swift forum. :cool:

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I can go ahead and do so, but I'm afraid we may not have much posting in it, as I think this would be our only minor member. I would love to encourage others though, and parents may let them if there is a "secure" place for them to do so. But in the beginning, it would be pretty much empty. But it can still be a "safe zone" where, for example, Rev can let his daughter go in there and ask some questions and start new threads all of her own - and anyone participating with them MUST follow the specific rules set forth for the minors forum? Maybe a "Political Introduction for Teens" or something like that?

Yep. You could let Jarod, Nuke and Trigg their youngns, me? well God willing I'll have grandchildren posting here one day. ;)

My kids are over the top libs.

hjmick
06-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Kid members...

Not sure that's a good idea...

How old is this rugrat?

Hmmm...

Now that I think about it, I could barely stand my own kids and I certainly had no patience for those of other folks...

I don't see this ending well...

Meh...

Whatever...

Welcome to the board Kid...

Watch out, sometimes I swear...

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep. You could let Jarod, Nuke and Trigg their youngns, me? well God willing I'll have grandchildren posting here one day. ;)

My kids are over the top libs.

Let me see what I can put together over the weekend...

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Kid members...

How old is this rugrat?

Hmmm...

Now that I think about it, I could barely stand my own kids and I certainly had no patience for those of other folks...

Meh...

Whatever...

Watch out, sometimes a swear...

If a child shows up, registers and participates, I agree. In Rev's case, he's not letting her on here, or even into a specific thread, unless he is there with her to approve. As for what Kath and I are discussing, if a parent tells me they would like their kid to participate in the forum we are envisioning, they wouldn't even see the rest of the board, only this one forum for kids.

BUT, there is still a problem. When they come to DP, prior to logging in, they can see all the forums as a guest. They won't see it any longer once logged in, but I can't prevent guests from seeing the forum without preventing 'bots' and search engines from seeing them.

hjmick
06-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I get it, Jim. Just goofing a little, brother. You know me, it's your board, I'm just along for the ride...

aboutime
06-01-2013, 05:28 PM
If a child shows up, registers and participates, I agree. In Rev's case, he's not letting her on here, or even into a specific thread, unless he is there with her to approve. As for what Kath and I are discussing, if a parent tells me they would like their kid to participate in the forum we are envisioning, they wouldn't even see the rest of the board, only this one forum for kids.

BUT, there is still a problem. When they come to DP, prior to logging in, they can see all the forums as a guest. They won't see it any longer once logged in, but I can't prevent guests from seeing the forum without preventing 'bots' and search engines from seeing them.

Jim. Keep in mind. As I suspect you will. Kids are far more Computer Savvy than a large percentage of adults these days.
If they are looking for something...anything on the Internet. Unless there are installed PARENTAL CONTROLS. They will find whatever they are searching for. Even with the Controls in place.
Rule of thumb for today's kids. If you tell them THEY CAN'T do something. That warning is the reason THEY WILL.

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 05:29 PM
I get it, Jim. Just goofing a little brother. You know me, it's your board, I'm just along for the ride...

No problem! Just didn't want anyone think I, DP, or the others interested would want to be exposing kids to the wrong stuff. I think it's all with good intentions. :)

jimnyc
06-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Jim. Keep in mind. As I suspect you will. Kids are far more Computer Savvy than a large percentage of adults these days.
If they are looking for something...anything on the Internet. Unless there are installed PARENTAL CONTROLS. They will find whatever they are searching for. Even with the Controls in place.
Rule of thumb for today's kids. If you tell them THEY CAN'T do something. That warning is the reason THEY WILL.

Oh, don't I know that too well! The only way they could let this happen - would be with parental permission. A parent would have to ASK me to create an account for their kid. After that, I can make sure the one forum is suitable, the computer stuff is up to the parent though!

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Kid members...

How old is this rugrat?

Hmmm...

Meh...

Whatever...

Watch out, sometimes I swear...

Gosh it's good to hear from someone who feels the same regarding their own progeny's idiocies. All 3 of mine are liberal, some more than others. Would I give them this site? No. They are rather educated, but their 'arguments' 'fall short. They know that, we've been round it in RL too often.

They fall back on, "You don't get the future." Yeah, no point.

fj1200
06-01-2013, 09:25 PM
They fall back on, "You don't get the future." Yeah, no point.

Not that this is the place for it but... what does that even mean?

Kathianne
06-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Not that this is the place for it but... what does that even mean?

Their assumption is that while their positions politically and economically may not 'seem' to be rational today, in the long run, their position of big government, is the future. Mine is wrong.

Nutshell.

logroller
06-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Their assumption is that while their positions politically and economically may not 'seem' to be rational today, in the long run, their position of big government, is the future. Mine is wrong.

Nutshell.
Hopey changey stuff. I'm in. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
I talked to my daughter and asked her if she was interested in posting on DP. She replied "That forum you go on? That's for old people." :laugh:

revelarts
06-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Jim just seeing what you've got in mind. And i think your right about not much going on initially unless some other youngens get on board. but if you have an area ready for it then who knows maybe others will find it. but parental supervision is key. you can do somethings but it's on the parents.

As i mentioned -Kid Force- is mainly reading the few threads i allow her in.
She Not that politically aware but she is somewhat interested and knows it important. She doesn't like Obama because she's solidly anti-war, except in defense. I'm so proud. And she really beginning to see the difference in what the constitution and Bill of right says and how the gov't often does not follow through or does the opposite.
She more or less watched some of the presidential debates with me and was mainly interested because of my animated commentary, occasional yelling at the screen and calling people liars. Not something i'm known for. My wife is liberal on most issues and extremely conservative on a few but she wanted Hillary as prez:rolleyes:. So my daughter was subject to the what i'm allowed to say to my wife about various subjects before she decides she doesn't want to talk about it anymore. At the very least a few times after those very friendly but frank talks. (over the years we've learned how to do that) my daughter has slapped me on the back and said she's agrees with me. I'm so proud of her... Wise child... well maybe she should have been more discrete. i think my wife went into some secret councils with my daughter behind my back.. but it didn't work :).

anyway I'd say, If your going to put up a family section don't be to surprised if it's low traffic. I'm doing it on my end because she has shown some interest and i'm pretty familiar with you guys :cool:. but we're taking it slow on over here.

Wild Duck
07-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone. Found your site and looked good so decided to take the plunge. I'm married to a wonderful woman who's been my biggest support for 22 years, have 3 awesome children and retired from the USCG after 23 years. Nowadays I run my own boat charter and do random odds and ends for extra cash. I'm a huge sports fan and root for all Pittsburgh teams (where I'm from). Also like to travel, read, follow politics and spend time with the family.

Nice meeting you all and look forward to reading all the discussions going on. Take care everyone.

Larrymc
07-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone. Found your site and looked good so decided to take the plunge. I'm married to a wonderful woman who's been my biggest support for 22 years, have 3 awesome children and retired from the USCG after 23 years. Nowadays I run my own boat charter and do random odds and ends for extra cash. I'm a huge sports fan and root for all Pittsburgh teams (where I'm from). Also like to travel, read, follow politics and spend time with the family.

Nice meeting you all and look forward to reading all the discussions going on. Take care everyone.Welcome Wild Duck, i think you'll fit right in.

red state
07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Welcome! WD! I too found this site through two very good friends TYR and ABOUT TIME. It's on of the best sites out their to spin tales and chew on what's wrong with our Nation.

Thanks for your service....there are many on this board who have honorably served this Great Nation and I'm sure they are just as thrilled to add you to the ranks as I.

Jump in and have fun...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome, welcome , welcome. Any man that honorably served gets a hearty welcome from me and a very sincere thank you for your service to this great nation. :beer:--Tyr

Abbey Marie
07-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Welcome, WD! As a Steelers fan, Jim (the board owner) is going to love you. :salute:

revelarts
07-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Welcome Wild Duck.

Pittsburgh.

I lived in Pittsburgh in the earlier 80's, found it better than i expected left it sooner than i wanted to.

lived in Oakland and near Duquesne University for a while. flopped at friends house in Shaddyside when i ran outta money and job and had to go home.

Good memories, some life changing events for me there.

still not a Stealers fan though. My brother and Dad were hard cord Stealers fans. it was great when i lived there that my team, the Raiders, beat them in the Superbowl... from the wildcard spot no less.:thumb:

aboutime
07-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome W.D. Good to see the COAST GUARD arrive. Thank you for your service.

Enjoy the retirement. I know it's hard. But sure beats the morning rush, and DUTY DAYS.

P.S. May sound strange but, as an Eagles Fan. I also like the Steelers.

Drummond
07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi, and welcome from a staunchly Conservative Brit (... the Uk still has some, you know ...). Hope you enjoy your time on this forum, and I'm looking forward to your posts here.

Drummond
07-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Welcome! WD! I too found this site through two very good friends TYR and ABOUT TIME. It's on of the best sites out their to spin tales and chew on what's wrong with our Nation.

Thanks for your service....there are many on this board who have honorably served this Great Nation and I'm sure they are just as thrilled to add you to the ranks as I.

Jump in and have fun...

... and I can say basically the same ! I have Tyr to thank for my being here.

It's a funny thing, but you'd think I'd belong more on UK discussion sites than here. But, not a bit of it. I feel more at home HERE than on my own country's 'equivalents'.

I actually identify more with many of the staunchly patriotic Conservatives here, than I do my 'own' people ! I recognise like minds here, and appreciate knowing them. This is a great place, in my view.

hjmick
07-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, at least we now know who to blame...

Drummond
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Well, at least we now know who to blame...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

aboutime
07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
And Happily too!

Marcus Aurelius
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome, WD! As a Steelers fan, Jim (the board owner) is going to love you. :salute:

In a totally heterosexual and Steelers fan-type way, of course.;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
... and I can say basically the same ! I have Tyr to thank for my being here.

It's a funny thing, but you'd think I'd belong more on UK discussion sites than here. But, not a bit of it. I feel more at home HERE than on my own country's 'equivalents'.

I actually identify more with many of the staunchly patriotic Conservatives here, than I do my 'own' people ! I recognise like minds here, and appreciate knowing them. This is a great place, in my view.
No way Hoss, you have more American spirit in you than most Americans do IMHO. Yes, tis' the best forum around IMHO. Gotta give Jim due credit on that too!--Tyr

Drummond
07-23-2013, 08:36 PM
No way Hoss, you have more American spirit in you than most Americans do IMHO. Yes, tis' the best forum around IMHO. Gotta give Jim due credit on that too!--Tyr

Very appreciated ! Thanks, Tyr.

Kathianne
07-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Well, at least we now know who to blame...

LOL! There are times I may bless and times I may curse, but in the main I'm glad they are here.

jimnyc
07-24-2013, 05:47 AM

Nice meeting you all and look forward to reading all the discussions going on. Take care everyone.

Welcome to DP! Thanks for your service to our great country. :salute:

A man from Steelers land, that's awesome! I've been a fan from the early to mid-70's when I was just a kid. Probably spent a billion dollars on Steelers memorabilia since then and even have a Steelers tattoo. From the days of Bradshaw, Greene & Harris - then I lived through Stoudt, Malone, Lipps and the late 80's and early 90's, then been having a blast right through the Cowher and Tomlin eras with Roethlisberger, Bettis, Ward and all the great new players, and of course the 2 new Lombardi's!!

:gs:

Wild Duck
07-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. You all seem like a good crop of people. Glad I'm here.

Larrymc
07-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello, all.....hope you have been well!

I see a few of my old friends and acquaintances are here. I may offer a few nugats from time to time, but most likely LURK for a while....

Has anyone seen KEN (from the old Non-violence forum?)Welcome to the site, a great group, Here

Perianne
07-24-2013, 11:20 PM
I am Perianne. I look forward to some good, civil debate!

Abbey Marie
07-24-2013, 11:42 PM
Welcome to DP, Perianne. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-25-2013, 12:28 AM
I am Perianne. I look forward to some good, civil debate! Yes, we have that too occasionally. ;) Welcome to Jim's Bar and Grille.--;)--Tyr

Wild Duck
07-25-2013, 05:02 AM
Welcome Perianne. Nice to meet you.

Larrymc
07-25-2013, 06:09 AM
I am Perianne. I look forward to some good, civil debate!Welcome Perianne hope you enjoy the site.

aboutime
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Welcome Perianne. A name that sounds like a Refreshing Drink.

Marcus Aurelius
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome Perianne. A name that sounds like a Refreshing Drink.

Sounds more like an old Hollies song... welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgA4-bLcoN8

aboutime
07-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Sounds more like an old Hollies song... welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgA4-bLcoN8

AMEN! Right you are. And a great tune as well. Good memories there.

jimnyc
07-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I am Perianne. I look forward to some good, civil debate!

Welcome to DP, glad to have ya here! :beer:

AllieBaba
07-27-2013, 06:54 PM
I joined some time back, and haven't posted in something like a year, so hihowareya...:dance::dance:

jimnyc
07-28-2013, 10:46 AM
I joined some time back, and haven't posted in something like a year, so hihowareya...:dance::dance:

Welcome back!! Glad to see ya around!! :salute:

Abbey Marie
07-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome back, AB :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Well, don't be a stranger. Start posting so folks can get to know you. You'll soon find your feet here , your friends and your opponents too. I promise whatever side of the fence you land on with me I'll give you just as much respect you give me. With that stated, welcome back!- :beer: -Tyr And know this my rants are to be taken with a grain of salt. I get stirred up sometimes and tha' devil just comes out to bark at the moon..-:laugh:-Tyr

Spike
08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
checkin in from gods country Austin. yo

Larrymc
08-07-2013, 04:12 PM
checkin in from gods country Austin. yoWelcome Hope You Enjoy

jimnyc
08-07-2013, 04:40 PM
checkin in from gods country Austin. yo

Welcome to DP! :salute:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2013, 04:52 PM
checkin in from gods country Austin. yo Welcome to DP. Replying from the besieged territory of the Obama attacked territory, USA. Which includes even the Gulf port cities located on the Atlantic coast that Obama recently so brilliantly listed in a speech..-:laugh:--Tyr

hjmick
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Sorry...

GOD's country can be found in our 49th state...

Texas is grand, don't get me wrong... Hell I've lived there and visit frequently... But Alaska, Oh Alaska...

USFREEDOM911
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Greetings - I'm visiting from another board, where a poster there (Maineman) says he was banned from this board and that you guys were trashing him and posting pictures of him and his family. I don't like him or his behavior and I was wondering if someone could give me a link to this thread, where you're giving him a much deserved beating. Thanks

jimnyc
08-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Greetings - I'm visiting from another board, where a poster there (Maineman) says he was banned from this board and that you guys were trashing him and posting pictures of him and his family. I don't like him or his behavior and I was wondering if someone could give me a link to this thread, where you're giving him a much deserved beating. Thanks

I hope you came here for more than that dimwit!

Anyway, welcome to DP, we hope you'll participate in more than Virgil trashing. :salute:

Larrymc
08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Greetings - I'm visiting from another board, where a poster there (Maineman) says he was banned from this board and that you guys were trashing him and posting pictures of him and his family. I don't like him or his behavior and I was wondering if someone could give me a link to this thread, where you're giving him a much deserved beating. ThanksFirst of all welcome, i think you'll find a fine group of people here, I am not aware of any such Thread, and not sure how someone would have pics of his family? perhaps someone else will have some info on that.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM

Welcome to DP. I think you will like us for more than our handling of MM.

logroller
08-19-2013, 11:05 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061112005612/uncyclopedia/images/b/b6/Beverly_Hillbillies.jpg

Marcus Aurelius
08-19-2013, 11:06 AM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061112005612/uncyclopedia/images/b/b6/Beverly_Hillbillies.jpg

Is MM the one with the big ears, licking Ellie May?

Abbey Marie
08-19-2013, 12:32 PM

He's the one just out of view, wishing death on the entire family.

aboutime
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Marcus. Those weren't EARS...they were handles.

Jeff
08-19-2013, 04:32 PM

USFREEDOM911 welcome , I have seen the trash posted on the other board you speak of and as for pictures I know of no thread that has anything on here like MM says , he had hard times here because he wished death and all kinds of vile perversion on people and there families , but forget all that he isn't hear come on and enjoy it is much quieter here ( not as many big mouths and you will see that just by looking through the forums half of our posters don't have banned written under there name :laugh: ) I have seen you post for a while and think you may like it here , of course that doesn't mean the other board isn't any good, there are good people there as well this one is just a much quieter ( more mature ) one to actually debate something, yup no wishing death on people or there families no talking about sex with minors and so on

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Greetings - I'm visiting from another board, where a poster there (Maineman) says he was banned from this board and that you guys were trashing him and posting pictures of him and his family. I don't like him or his behavior and I was wondering if someone could give me a link to this thread, where you're giving him a much deserved beating. Thanks Welcome!! Stay and play amigo. I like your posts on another forum. I welcome any guy or gal that have their head screwed on straight like you do.- :beer:--Tyr

USFREEDOM911
08-20-2013, 04:39 AM
I hope you came here for more than that dimwit!

Anyway, welcome to DP, we hope you'll participate in more than Virgil trashing. :salute:So he was going by Virgil over here. LOL

USFREEDOM911
08-20-2013, 04:40 AM
First of all welcome, i think you'll find a fine group of people here, I am not aware of any such Thread, and not sure how someone would have pics of his family? perhaps someone else will have some info on that.
He's on the other board, with OAC, telling everyone how badly they were treated here.

USFREEDOM911
08-20-2013, 04:44 AM
OK, that was funny; I don't care who you are. I may just have to use that picture, to poke him with the pointy stick. LOL

USFREEDOM911
08-20-2013, 04:47 AM
USFREEDOM911 welcome , I have seen the trash posted on the other board you speak of and as for pictures I know of no thread that has anything on here like MM says , he had hard times here because he wished death and all kinds of vile perversion on people and there families , but forget all that he isn't hear come on and enjoy it is much quieter here ( not as many big mouths and you will see that just by looking through the forums half of our posters don't have banned written under there name :laugh: ) I have seen you post for a while and think you may like it here , of course that doesn't mean the other board isn't any good, there are good people there as well this one is just a much quieter ( more mature ) one to actually debate something, yup no wishing death on people or there families no talking about sex with minors and so on
When did you ever hear that I'm "mature"?? LOL

Jeff
08-20-2013, 07:42 AM
When did you ever hear that I'm "mature"?? LOL

Please take notice I didn't say you nor anyone here was mature I said more mature :laugh:

jimnyc
08-20-2013, 11:27 AM
He's on the other board, with OAC, telling everyone how badly they were treated here.

Even though we eventually found out that Maineman/Virgil and OCA were gay lovers, they were treated the same as everyone else until they felt the rules were beneath them. :coffee:

Little-Acorn
08-20-2013, 11:40 AM
(Maineman) says he was banned from this board
He was banned?

Good.

Thank you, mods.

And welcome, USF.

aboutime
08-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Even though we eventually found out that Maineman/Virgil and OCA were gay lovers, they were treated the same as everyone else until they felt the rules were beneath them. :coffee:

What more could they ask for jimnyc? Rules are Rules....

http://youtu.be/CS9OO0S5w2k

Voted4Reagan
08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Welcome US FREEDOM.

aboutime
08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
U S FREEDOM. Welcome. Tell us more about yourself, and your stance on being An American.

Howey
08-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Howard but all my guys call me Howey! I'm ever so delighted to be here. Here's a few pictures of me. Control yourself though I already have a boyfriend.

http://s24.postimg.org/wwgp08c05/954861_10200869457726125_815684474_n.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/mawto85ol/16359_10200347851726301_1998468019_n.jpg

tailfins
08-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Howard but all my guys call me Howey! I'm ever so delighted to be here. Here's a few pictures of me. Control yourself though I already have a boyfriend.

Welcome to the board. From which city do you hail? It appears you are a dog enthusiast. The site owner, Jim is a huge fan of Pugs.

Jeff
08-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the board. From which city do you hail? It appears you are a dog enthusiast. The site owner, Jim is a huge fan of Pugs.

Welcome Howie, my buddy tailfins is right Jim does love pugs but something tells me that is where yall will part with anything in common

Howey
08-22-2013, 10:24 AM

I'm from a cute little town in Florida which will go nameless. You can't be careful enough in this digital age, ya know?

Howey
08-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Welcome Howie, my buddy tailfins is right Jim does love pugs but something tells me that is where yall will part with anything in common

Thank you for the warm welcome.

logroller
08-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Welcome howie. I too have a yorkie; actually its my wife's, but bitches love me.:coffee:

so what political interests do you have?

jimnyc
08-22-2013, 02:23 PM

"Howey", and you mention "another board". This should be interesting to see how it all plays out. I never did know that you were a prom queen though. Welcome to DP!

P.S. - I LOVE those glasses! I think I saw Elton John wearing a similar pair.

Jeff
08-22-2013, 03:21 PM
"Howey", and you mention "another board". This should be interesting to see how it all plays out. I never did know that you were a prom queen though. Welcome to DP!

I can't believe this is big bad Howey from that other board, I would of sworn he was at least a man as bad as he can cuss and scream over there , meanwhile he soliciting new BF's no wonder he likes to post at a site that is so liberal

aboutime
08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Elton John? ROCKET MAN????

tailfins
08-22-2013, 04:24 PM

As Freud would say, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I too came here from another site, RedState.com . I was looking for relatively conservative site that didn't go ape when someone disagreed with the "blessed" opinion. From my knowledge of Florida demographics, I would bet Howey is from Monroe County aka the Keys.

fj1200
08-22-2013, 04:25 PM
I was looking for relatively conservative site that didn't go ape when someone disagreed with the "blessed" opinion.

And you stayed anyway. :poke:

Jeff
08-22-2013, 05:41 PM
As Freud would say, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." I too came here from another site, RedState.com . I was looking for relatively conservative site that didn't go ape when someone disagreed with the "blessed" opinion. From my knowledge of Florida demographics, I would bet Howey is from Monroe County aka the Keys.

Say it isn't so I love the Keys , they aren't know for the other half are they ?

logroller
08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
How's that working out for ya?

And you stayed anyway. :poke:
He's admitted that his brain isn't fully functional.

Say it isn't so I love the Keys , they aren't know for the other half are they ?
Tailfins just crapped in Jeff's punch bowl. :poop:

aboutime
08-22-2013, 06:30 PM
How's that working out for ya?

He's admitted that his brain isn't fully functional.

Tailfins just crapped in Jeff's punch bowl. :poop:

Hey log. Guess that'll teach ya to keep your mouth shut!

Marcus Aurelius
08-24-2013, 09:03 PM

Howie is not only from another board, he is the admin at said board. Proof can be provided.

My guess is he's here to get people to come to his board.

tailfins
08-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Howie is not only from another board, he is the admin at said board. Proof can be provided.

You know, the two are NOT mutually exclusive. When I evaluate another board, if I'm bored I don't stay long. They had better have something interesting to offer. Nobody likes a bored board.

PostmodernProphet
08-25-2013, 08:32 AM

for clarification, Howie is a member at a board where I and others from here post regularly.....he is not an admin there.....he also is an administrator (and owner) of a board which may or may not have members (that issue is unresolved at the present time)......I think MM is posting there though.....

tailfins
08-25-2013, 08:43 AM
for clarification, Howie is a member at a board where I and others from here post regularly.....he is not an admin there.....he also is an administrator (and owner) of a board which may or may not have members (that issue is unresolved at the present time)......I think MM is posting there though.....

What do you suppose his interest is in the cranky old fusspots around here? Do you suppose he too just wants the flex his social skill muscles in order to be better equipped to deal with difficult people?

Marcus Aurelius
08-25-2013, 09:39 AM
has anyone else noticed that the 'attachments' button is missing when you reply in this section?

jimnyc
08-25-2013, 01:17 PM
has anyone else noticed that the 'attachments' button is missing when you reply in this section?

Was just a permissions setting. Not sure if I had a reason for that in the past or if it was just an oversight. Attachments are allowed now though.

Fusco
08-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Introductions?

Why doesn't my return key work on this forum?

My name is Joe! I found this forum with a search engine. I hope for entertaining political discussions. Some other forums I've tried are one sided or not very serious. . . Some of the clowns they let touch a computer.

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Introductions?

My name is Joe! I found this forum with a search engine. I hope for entertaining political discussions. Some other forums I've tried are one sided or not very serious. . . Some of the clowns they let touch a computer.

Welcome to DP, Joe!

Are you using Windows 8 and IE 10? If so, read the thread below. I haven't heard any other complaints since, but if the scenario still exists, let me peek around the developer site and see if a patch came out.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?37751-Windows-8-and-Internet-Explorer-10-and-Vbulletin-4-2

Fusco
08-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Welcome to DP, Joe!

Are you using Windows 8 and IE 10? If so, read the thread below. I haven't heard any other complaints since, but if the scenario still exists, let me peek around the developer site and see if a patch came out.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?37751-Windows-8-and-Internet-Explorer-10-and-Vbulletin-4-2

Aye, well I suppose I can just type out a message in notepad or something. Anywho I am a college student from the East Coast. I lean to the right some, but enjoy learning new things. As my signature would suggest I usually lurk around.

Larrymc
08-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Introductions?

My name is Joe! I found this forum with a search engine. I hope for entertaining political discussions. Some other forums I've tried are one sided or not very serious. . . Some of the clowns they let touch a computer.Welcome fusco, entertainment, we have some comedy, and some serious conversation and opinions, "Speaking of one Sided which way do you lean?":laugh:

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Aye, well I suppose I can just type out a message in notepad or something. Anywho I am a college student from the East Coast. I lean to the right some, but enjoy learning new things. As my signature would suggest I usually lurk around.

Just as a test, try the return key function now and let me know if it works.

Fusco
08-28-2013, 06:37 PM
No . . . but If I am the only one now experiencing this. . .

jimnyc
08-28-2013, 06:41 PM
No . . . but If I am the only one now experiencing this. . .

There is a fix available, but no quick fix that I thought I could do. The board needs to be upgraded, which is actually kind of minor, but will have to wait till I have time and also schedule the board to be offline for 20-30 mins. In the mean time, you can just use the mouse cursor, write in notepad like you pointed out, use Chrome or Firefox - or even downgrade your computer from Windows 8!! :beer:

Larrymc
08-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Aye, well I suppose I can just type out a message in notepad or something. Anywho I am a college student from the East Coast. I lean to the right some, but enjoy learning new things. As my signature would suggest I usually lurk around.I think you'll enjoy this forum, You will learn a little about both sides, you may only enjoy "Leaning A Little To The Right"

Kathianne
08-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Welcome Fusco!

What are you majoring in and what year are you? I like to ask questions! :laugh2:

Fusco
08-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Welcome Fusco!

What are you majoring in and what year are you? I like to ask questions! :laugh2:

Psychology. Im a little old for a sophomore, but Im coming out of the Navy.

aboutime
08-28-2013, 07:54 PM

Oh geez. Another swabby. Welcome shipmate. Are ya retired nav, or starting a new civvy career? And, Welcome. The Psychology aspect should pay off well for you. You'll see.

Fusco
08-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Oh geez. Another swabby. Welcome shipmate. Are ya retired nav, or starting a new civvy career? And, Welcome. The Psychology aspect should pay off well for you. You'll see.

4 years, Now a full time student. I hope. Thank ya sir.

Kathianne
08-28-2013, 09:05 PM

4 years in the Navy, so you're like 22? Not too old for a sophomore, the girls will love that! ;) Heck, I returned to college at 38 for teaching creds, no problem. I made a few good friends, mostly younger, though 2 professors I'm still friends with and they were older.

hjmick
08-28-2013, 09:36 PM
You need to switch the editor to source mode.

Click on the "A/A" in the upper left corner, just above the "B" (the bold button).

fj1200
08-29-2013, 05:06 AM
Introductions?

Welcome.

I haven't heard any other complaints since...

A former member mentioned something in a PM recently.

Truth Detector
08-29-2013, 12:53 PM
New forum member here. I left Defending the Truth because it turned out they preferred "avoiding" the truth to defending it and the forum was constantly spammed by inept leftists which were supported by the inept moderators of that forum. I am a life long Conservative since I hit age 24 and live in lovely Ventura CA surrounded by Liberals who vote based on emotion rather than their brains. :laugh:

Larrymc
08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
New forum member here. I left Defending the Truth because it turned out they preferred "avoiding" the truth to defending it and the forum was constantly spammed by inept leftists which were supported by the inept moderators of that forum. I am a life long Conservative since I hit age 24 and live in lovely Ventura CA surrounded by Liberals who vote based on emotion rather than their brains. :laugh:Welcome TD you'll find some great conservatives here, I fell for you in CA perhaps you might consider a move to a more sensible community, like most anywhere in "Texas" :laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Welcome to DP, Joe!

Actually, I have the same problem when I use Firefox.

Abbey Marie
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome Fusco and TD. Glad to have you both here! :salute:

hjmick
08-29-2013, 04:04 PM
New forum member here. I left Defending the Truth because it turned out they preferred "avoiding" the truth to defending it and the forum was constantly spammed by inept leftists which were supported by the inept moderators of that forum. I am a life long Conservative since I hit age 24 and live in lovely Ventura CA surrounded by Liberals who vote based on emotion rather than their brains. :laugh:

Ventura California... The city that gave Jesse a last name...

Myself, I left Camarillo 4 years ago...

Welcome to the board, TD...

hjmick
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Actually, I have the same problem when I use Firefox.

See my tip at the top of this page, Abs, it may work for you...

Arbo
08-29-2013, 06:58 PM
New user here. Looking for a place that actually debates topics, is civil, and knocks the partisan trolls off the rolls quickly. Far too many sites I have been on are either lopsided in membership, or a joke when it comes to their 'moderation', full of hacks, etc.

I dislike both of the big two political parties, as they are more similar than different in the big picture. I have been called a leftist and a righty depending on the topic. I hope to find this place is different from all the other ones, but I am almost to the point of believing a good place exists. Will stick around and see how this place is.

Larrymc
08-29-2013, 07:33 PM
New user here. Looking for a place that actually debates topics, is civil, and knocks the partisan trolls off the rolls quickly. Far too many sites I have been on are either lopsided in membership, or a joke when it comes to their 'moderation', full of hacks, etc.

I dislike both of the big two political parties, as they are more similar than different in the big picture. I have been called a leftist and a righty depending on the topic. I hope to find this place is different from all the other ones, but I am almost to the point of believing a good place exists. Will stick around and see how this place is.Welcome Arbo, if your looking for meddle of the road, not sure how we measure up, IMO you will find a civil group, that tries to enjoy Political, and social issues without taking our self's to serious.

aboutime
08-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah, as Larry said Arbo. Welcome. Some of us are nearly in the Alzheimer's realm...or some might insist. But remember. Keep your sense of humor, and forget..we're all anonymous here.

Now...What was the question again????

Arbo
08-29-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't browsed through much yet, but we'll see how it goes. I have a good sense of humor and like a good laugh, just hoping to find it's not a 'home of flames' like so many other places.

BTW, is there a place where you can set auto subscribe to threads you post to? I couldn't find it.

aboutime
08-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't browsed through much yet, but we'll see how it goes. I have a good sense of humor and like a good laugh, just hoping to find it's not a 'home of flames' like so many other places.

BTW, is there a place where you can set auto subscribe to threads you post to? I couldn't find it.

I think, up at the top...in FORUM ACTIONS, and QUICK LINKS might be your answer.
Just look across the very top for instructions, and FAQ's. Should help ya.

Arbo
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
I think, up at the top...in FORUM ACTIONS, and QUICK LINKS might be your answer.
Just look across the very top for instructions, and FAQ's. Should help ya.

I found it in settings, for some reason I did not see it at first.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2013, 10:12 PM

I dislike both of the big two political parties, as they are more similar than different in the big picture. I have been called a leftist and a righty depending on the topic. I hope to find this place is different from all the other ones, but I am almost to the point of believing a good place exists. Will stick around and see how this place is. Welcome. I've never been mistaken for a lefty. Tell me , how does it feel? ;)--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2013, 10:13 PM
New forum member here. I left Defending the Truth because it turned out they preferred "avoiding" the truth to defending it and the forum was constantly spammed by inept leftists which were supported by the inept moderators of that forum. I am a life long Conservative since I hit age 24 and live in lovely Ventura CA surrounded by Liberals who vote based on emotion rather than their brains. :laugh: Welcome, truth has a special place in my heart. Always nice to meet a fellow seeker. --Tyr

Arbo
08-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome. I've never been mistaken for a lefty. Tell me , how does it feel? ;)--Tyr

Just as bad as being mistaken for a righty. ;)

fj1200
08-30-2013, 08:12 AM
I have been called a leftist and a righty depending on the topic.

Welcome to the party. :)

Welcome. I've never been mistaken for a lefty. Tell me , how does it feel? ;)--Tyr

Rational thought based on fact and logic? It feels pretty good. :poke:

Larrymc
08-30-2013, 08:56 AM

Rational thought based on fact and logic? It feels pretty good. :poke:We have a comedian, either that are he wisely is using that stick to keep a distance from Tyr:cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2013, 09:00 AM

Rational thought based on fact and logic? It feels pretty good. :poke: Yep, I never ever present any facts to back up my opinion. I just shoot from the hip as clueless a fish stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert... :rolleyes: On the other hand, shooting up the lib version of things feels pretty damn good too. :poke: --Tyr

fj1200
08-30-2013, 09:11 AM
We have a comedian, either that are he wisely is using that stick to keep a distance from Tyr:cool:

:poke: It's the closest thing to a sword ;) out there.

Yep, I never ever present any facts to back up my opinion. I just shoot from the hip as clueless a fish stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert... :rolleyes: On the other hand, shooting up the lib version of things feels pretty damn good too. :poke: --Tyr

I said facts AND logic. But yes, I enjoy shooting up the libs, metaphorically speaking of course, too.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
You need to switch the editor to source mode.

Click on the "A/A" in the upper left corner, just above the "B" (the bold button).

It worked. Thanks H! :thumb:

kcasper
05-16-2014, 12:16 PM
I pop in and out of these political debate forums on a regular basis. I was quite shocked to see I didn't have an account on this one. There must be a similar forum with a similar name and purpose. I'll be around on a regular basis, my interests tend to run in science and technology as well as mocking the current partisan divide that both parties like to claim they aren't responsible for. I suppose you may call me a shameless independent.

fj1200
05-16-2014, 12:41 PM
... the current partisan divide that both parties like to claim they aren't responsible for.

I, for one, have zero culpability in the current partisan divide.

:poke: I actually likes me some partisanship. Important things need to be differentiated to be discussed.

tailfins
05-16-2014, 12:47 PM
I pop in and out of these political debate forums on a regular basis. I was quite shocked to see I didn't have an account on this one. There must be a similar forum with a similar name and purpose. I'll be around on a regular basis, my interests tend to run in scientology as well as mocking the current partisan divide that both parties like to claim they aren't responsible for. I suppose you may call me a shameless independent.

So we have one of THOSE! :martian:

Trigg
05-16-2014, 01:02 PM
welcome!!!

I hope you get involved in the discussions and bring some new insight.:2up:

Arbo
05-16-2014, 01:16 PM
I pop in and out of these political debate forums on a regular basis. I was quite shocked to see I didn't have an account on this one. There must be a similar forum with a similar name and purpose. I'll be around on a regular basis, my interests tend to run in science and technology as well as mocking the current partisan divide that both parties like to claim they aren't responsible for. I suppose you may call me a shameless independent.

Welcome. As an independent and free thinker on this forum you will be continually attacked. I took a long break from the stupidity and only came back today to see if anything had changed. Nope. If you don't slam homosexuals and post rants that read like you left school in the 4th grade, you just will not fit in. ;)

Have a good one.

Drummond
05-16-2014, 02:31 PM

Kcasper, I'm sure we have some interesting times ahead.

Welcome to the forum - I hope you enjoy your stay here. You may well find that I'll be an opposing voice for you to swap debates with. Go for it with my every good wish .. decent and honest debating is always welcome.

Gunny
05-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Welcome. As an independent and free thinker on this forum you will be continually attacked. I took a long break from the stupidity and only came back today to see if anything had changed. Nope. If you don't slam homosexuals and post rants that read like you left school in the 4th grade, you just will not fit in. ;)

Have a good one.

And of course your little 3rd grade rant puts you WAY above anyone else.:laugh:

Arbo
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
And of course your little 3rd grade rant puts you WAY above anyone else.:laugh:

The truth is not a rant, it's just the truth. You can continue to try and fail, feel free, lord knows loads have done it before you. Anyone with more than a few functioning brain cells can see there is a very limited number of people around here that have anything worth listening to, that are capable of logic and reason, or even know what 'debate' is. The rest are zombies, just like those on the other 'side' they rail on about.

Good lord you f-tard, even you have said as much: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45550-Need-help&p=690650#post690650

Hey, I love that thread! It's just the sort of stuff I tried to get Jim to pay attention to before, and all I got was the same handful of morons bashing me. It is those WORTHLESS people that are ALL of the problem this board has. If someone had the nuts to get rid of them it would stand a chance at growing. Or if the rules were actually enforced.

Drummond
05-16-2014, 03:27 PM
The truth is not a rant, it's just the truth. You can continue to try and fail, feel free, lord knows loads have done it before you. Anyone with more than a few functioning brain cells can see there is a very limited number of people around here that have anything worth listening to, that are capable of logic and reason, or even know what 'debate' is. The rest are zombies, just like those on the other 'side' they rail on about.

Good lord you f-tard, even you have said as much: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?45550-Need-help&p=690650#post690650

... and the real point of posting this, here, is .... ??

I've a suggestion.

It may well be that Kcasper can decide for himself how he views the exchanges he'll see here, and gets involved with. I say ... enjoy ....

Arbo
05-16-2014, 03:34 PM
... and the real point of posting this, here, is .... ??

Honesty.

I realize it's something you are not familiar with. Nor are several in your little clan of morons.

Drummond
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Honesty.

I realize it's something you are not familiar with. Nor are several in your little clan of morons.

Nonsense.

I honestly DO believe that Kcasper can decide for himself how he views this forum. Surely this is all that needs to be said.

Arbo
05-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Nonsense.

I honestly DO believe that Kcasper can decide for himself how he views this forum. Surely this is all that needs to be said.

Of course he can, but none of this is about him. Again you fail at your attempted (and standard) topic shift. Are you lonely because fj isn't around to yet again show the world what a moron you are? Or just a glutton for punishment?

If nothing more needs to be said, why do you continue? Oh that's right, because you always continue with your idiocy, that's part of the problem.

Drummond
05-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Of course he can, but none of this is about him. Again you fail at your attempted (and standard) topic shift. Are you lonely because fj isn't around to yet again show the world what a moron you are? Or just a glutton for punishment?

If nothing more needs to be said, why do you continue? Oh that's right, because you always continue with your idiocy, that's part of the problem.

.... aahh ... I've missed your flattery, your natural charm, Arbo ....:rolleyes:

Have a nice day ...

jimnyc
05-16-2014, 03:47 PM

Have a good one.

This is an introductions thread, not a place for rants, complaints or trolling. Take it to the cage if you want to pull this crap. That's your right on this board, but you don't have the right to ruin an intro thread because you somehow don't like it here or feel wronged. Always funny that the whiners talk about negative stuff from here - yet still come to post, or troll.

Arbo
05-16-2014, 03:55 PM
This is an introductions thread, not a place for rants, complaints or trolling. Take it to the cage if you want to pull this crap. That's your right on this board, but you don't have the right to ruin an intro thread because you somehow don't like it here or feel wronged. Always funny that the whiners talk about negative stuff from here - yet still come to post, or troll.

I would provide you with a good response and good advice, but history has shown you will only thread ban people for doing such things. Have a great day, I know I am.

jimnyc
05-16-2014, 04:01 PM
I would provide you with a good response and good advice, but history has shown you will only thread ban people for doing such things. Have a great day, I know I am.

You're 100% correct, history will show that I'm not fond of people trolling in otherwise cool and welcoming threads. I'm sorry you disagree with that policy but am glad you're having a good day! We here at DP truly appreciate your participation, trolling and overall disrespect for every member you come across.

/Arbo decided to dismiss himself from this thread :)

NightTrain
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
/Arbo decided to dismiss himself from this thread :)

That was quite timely of Arbo.

Good on you, Arbo. Only you can't see this. Ah well.

In the meantime, welcome to the board, Kevin.

Gunny
05-16-2014, 06:06 PM

Hey, I love that thread! It's just the sort of stuff I tried to get Jim to pay attention to before, and all I got was the same handful of morons bashing me. It is those WORTHLESS people that are ALL of the problem this board has. If someone had the nuts to get rid of them it would stand a chance at growing. Or if the rules were actually enforced.

What is it exactly I am failing at? I don't recall even once having a discussion based on the merit of one's argument with you. I commented on your tantrum while indicting others for allegedly throwing tantrums.

Put your money where your mouth is. If you think you can debate a topic without saying f-tard, that is.

I'll debate your ass and shut you down on the merit of my argument. I don't need names and I don't need help. You want to be part of the problem or what?

Gunny
05-16-2014, 06:40 PM
You pettin' those crickets, or what?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-16-2014, 08:17 PM

You are most welcome here Kevin.
Enjoy the opposition you may get for being apparently a middle of the road kind of guy. Of which I try not to be too critical off since I indulge in it from time to time.
Just that those times are few and far between mind you.. :laugh:--Tyr

Abbey Marie
05-17-2014, 10:22 AM

This is an Introductions thread, you are warning our newest member away, and Drummond, in response to what you've done, is saying our newest member can make his own decisions about posting here. It is downright dishonest to call that a topic shift.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-17-2014, 10:49 AM
This is an Introductions thread, you are warning our newest member away, and Drummond, in response to what you've done, is saying our newest member can make his own decisions about posting here. It is downright dishonest to call that a topic shift.

Jolly good .. This is an Intro thread. New members should be Welcomed here regardless of their political leanings. Of course the new member should be able to introduce himself/herself without debate here in this thread!
I welcome the new member to discuss whatever strikes his fancy . And think controversy brought into this thread is better sent to the cage!

Yet again I say to kcasper,
Welcome and enjoy the show!!!! --Tyr

Drummond
05-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Jolly good .. This is an Intro thread. New members should be Welcomed here regardless of their political leanings. Of course the new member should be able to introduce himself/herself without debate here in this thread!
I welcome the new member to discuss whatever strikes his fancy . And think controversy brought into this thread is better sent to the cage!

Yet again I say to kcasper,
Welcome and enjoy the show!!!! --Tyr

Controversy, AND gratuitous contention. Yes - well said, Tyr.

Immoderator
05-30-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm called the Immoderator because I tend to bring our the immoderation in extremists of all stripes. I am politically independent. My stances don't follow any party dogma. My reasoning for my positions may often differ from the conventional thinking on any given subject. I look forward to being reviled, insulted and generally "hated on."

NightTrain
05-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm called the Immoderator because I tend to bring our the immoderation in extremists of all stripes. I am politically independent. My stances don't follow any party dogma. My reasoning for my positions may often differ from the conventional thinking on any given subject. I look forward to being reviled, insulted and generally "hated on."

Welcome.

You'll do fine if you demonstrate logic & back up your positions with solid references.

aboutime
05-30-2014, 12:46 PM
As I have said to other newcomers here. Welcome. But..."we'll see!"

hjmick
05-30-2014, 01:00 PM

So you join in March of 2012, make your first post today, more than two years later?

Yeah, I don't care...

Welcome, or whatever...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-30-2014, 02:16 PM

Welcome . I am sure you and I will have great exchanges. Say did you truly mean,

I'm called the Immoderator because I tend to bring our the immoderation in extremists of all stripes.

Or was that word meant to be --out???

And this ,

I look forward to being reviled, insulted and generally "hated on"

I guess we could give you your wish as we are a generous lot here!
However to get that results why not just stand up for decency or name yourself -- Christian , Jew, Patriot or Republican! Because many ways exist to harvest such hate these days..

O', by the way I am the ultimate --"Inquisitor" myself. ;)

Trigg
05-30-2014, 02:26 PM

welcome, it seems you've spent quite a while looking around. I hope to see you in the discussions.

jimnyc
05-30-2014, 02:47 PM

A 2 year member with his first post! That's gotta be a record. Anyway, with the amount of reading you must have done, I imagine you have a lot of replies lined up.

Welcome. :)

tailfins
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
A 2 year member with his first post! That's gotta be a record. Anyway, with the amount of reading you must have done, I imagine you have a lot of replies lined up.

Welcome. :)

That makes perfect sense. It's kind of like an ice road trucker that hears ice breaking as he enters the lake and wonders if he should proceed. He may have heard the DP ice cracking, wondering if he should proceed.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Welcome, Immoderator.

Drummond
05-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Welcome from me, Immoderator.

'We live in interesting times', so goes the saying. Maybe they've just got more interesting ?

Hope you enjoy the forum. Perhaps we'll have some interesting debates - looking forward to them.

Caliban
06-27-2014, 01:11 AM
Hello to all!

I'm Caliban, and I was led here by the lovely and gracious Perianne.

She says you're a first-rate bunch here, and her word is as good as gold to me, so here I am!

Kathianne
06-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Hello to all!

She says you're a first-rate bunch here, and her word is as good as gold to me, so here I am!

Welcome! Grab your favorite beverage and sit and talk awhile.

Abbey Marie
06-27-2014, 02:53 AM
Hello to all!

Welcome to the board. Intriguing name. :cool:

Perianne
06-27-2014, 04:39 AM
It's good to see you, Caliban.

Jeff
06-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Hello to all!

Welcome

jimnyc
06-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Hello to all!

Welcome to DP! A friend of Perianne's is a friend of ours too! :) :salute:

Caliban
06-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm just starting in this morning and I'm already enjoying it immensely! Thanks for the welcome!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm just starting in this morning and I'm already enjoying it immensely! Thanks for the welcome!
Welcome Caliban. I hope you enjoy tossing the ball with us .
Any friend of Perianne must be a good egg IMHO.
Watch out for the little snippers here, as they try to nip ya around the heels. :laugh:-Tyr

Perianne
06-27-2014, 09:53 AM

I told you they are good people. I really should post more often here.

tailfins
06-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Hello to all!

Don't beieve her! I'm just here because no other message board would take me.

Drummond
06-27-2014, 05:38 PM

Hi, Caliban - a welcome to the forum from a Brit. I post these days from south Wales, but originally I was a Londoner.

I feel more at home, here, than on any home-grown UK forum. I enjoy DP .. hope you will as well.:beer:

aboutime
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM

Welcome Caliban. This is a great place to spread your wings (so to speak). Enjoy and have fun.

Jeff
07-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Don't beieve her! I'm just here because no other message board would take me.

Wow I didn't know how honest you where :laugh:

DLT
08-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Hello, all.....hope you have been well!

I see a few of my old friends and acquaintances are here. I may offer a few nugats from time to time, but most likely LURK for a while....

Has anyone seen KEN (from the old Non-violence forum?)

Uh.....got a popup message stating....

Hello Xenalee,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of Debate Policy now

Sooo....

Hello.

Drummond
08-05-2014, 01:06 PM

Sooo....

Hello.

Welcome to the forum, Xenalee ... from a Conservative Brit. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Caliban
08-05-2014, 02:11 PM

Sooo....

Hello.

Welcome Xena, the Warrior Princess!

I know her from another forum: she's a gem!

Kathianne
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Sooo....

Hello.
Welcome!

DLT
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Welcome!

Thank you!

NightTrain
08-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome to DP, Xena.

DLT
08-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Welcome to DP, Xena.

Thank you!

Jeff
08-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Sooo....

Hello.

Hello Xenalee and Welcome !!!

jimnyc
08-05-2014, 04:16 PM

Sooo....

Hello.

That's an automated message that goes to all new members, or members that haven't posted in a long time. It's annoying, but it got you to introduce yourself! :)

Welcome to DP, glad to have you here! :salute: :beer:

aboutime
08-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Like everyone else. Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Perianne
08-06-2014, 03:00 AM

Sooo....

Hello.

Hey "Xenalee". I don't know if you remember me from the other place. Welcome to here. This is a nice forum.

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi. I'm lost. Can someone tell me where the restrooms are?

Oh and what time does Happy Hours start around here?

tailfins
08-06-2014, 10:21 AM

The restroom is on the head of a poster called Gabosaurus. Fertilize her generously. We have no Happy Hour, only Angry Hour! Breaking chairs is NOT against the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 10:29 AM
The restroom is on the head of a poster called Gabosaurus. Fertilize her generously. We have no Happy Hour, only Angry Hour! Breaking chairs is NOT against the rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y

I'm a stoned slacker - we don't do "angry" - we do mellow and calm and other kumbaya shit. :cool:

hjmick
08-06-2014, 10:38 AM

Happy Hour? Starts at 4:20...

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Happy Hour? Starts at 4:20...

It's currently 4:43 p.m.! Bottoms Up!

(in Casablanca, but why bother with such nit picky details)

hjmick
08-06-2014, 11:38 AM
It's 5 o'clock somewhere, as they say...

jimnyc
08-06-2014, 11:49 AM

Welcome to DP!! And I'm going to refer to you as LG, as that's WAY too much for me to type! :salute: :beer:

I'm a stoned slacker - we don't do "angry" - we do mellow and calm and other kumbaya shit. :cool:

Oh, you have no idea how much I can relate to that. I quit, but I think I'm still stoned from the amount I've smoked over the years! :coffee:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Welcome to DP!! And I'm going to refer to you as LG, as that's WAY too much for me to type! :salute: :beer:

Oh, you have no idea how much I can relate to that. I quit, but I think I'm still stoned from the amount I've smoked over the years! :coffee:

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I was really joking about being a stoned slacker. I'm actually a fairly responsible mother of three. Although, I admit, there are days when I wish I could fire up a bong and forget about the world.

jimnyc
08-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. And I was really joking about being a stoned slacker. I'm actually a fairly responsible mother of three. Although, I admit, there are days when I wish I could fire up a bong and forget about the world.

Oh man, I just admitted my stoner history for no reason! :lol: I'm a fairly responsible parent of just one myself. And I can relate to the bong comment too, based again off of history. Many times I "disappeared" with my bong. :420:

Now I just drink like 2 cases of beer a day!! :alcoholic:

Nah, just coffee these days!! :coffee2:

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Now I just drink like 2 cases of beer a day!! :alcoholic:

I rip the bag out of the box-o-wine, shove a straw in it and call it an Adult Capri Sun.

Kathianne
08-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I rip the bag out of the box-o-wine, shove a straw in it and call it an Adult Capri Sun.

You may be 'liberal' but you make me laugh! Must be new blood!

Lemongrass Gogulope
08-06-2014, 07:42 PM
You may be 'liberal' but you make me laugh! Must be new blood!
Thank you dah-link. Tonight, I had a very healthy dinner of fruit salad. Okay, it was actually just grapes. Fermented grapes if you really must know. Share with you? I don't think so.

CSM
08-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Awwww crap, just what we need .... another danged hippy!

Just kidding!!!!

Welcome to the funny farm, LG.

Jeff
08-07-2014, 06:09 AM

Welcome

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Welcome to DP. I still visit here when time permits.
A great bunch of fine people play here . Give it a go and
toss tha old ball with the rest of us...--Tyr

OAK
08-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone.

I will be lurking mostly but piping up once in a while when I think I have something to contribute.

jimnyc
08-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey everyone.

I will be lurking mostly but piping up once in a while when I think I have something to contribute.

Hey back at ya, Welcome! :salute:

Jeff
08-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone.

Welcome !!!

PixieStix
08-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone. It seems simple to use, not a facebook or twitter style. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your forum :thumb:

NightTrain
08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Welcome!

jimnyc
08-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone. It seems simple to use, not a facebook or twitter style. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your forum :thumb:

Welcome to DP! :salute:

hjmick
08-20-2014, 04:00 PM
I wonder how many more from Jim's old place will be abandoning it...

Welcome to the board, Pixie.

Drummond
08-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone.

WELCOME ! Hope you enjoy this forum !

Drummond
08-20-2014, 04:25 PM
hi everyone. It seems simple to use, not a facebook or twitter style. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your forum :thumb:Welcome !

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey everyone.

A hearty welcome to you!
Plenty of room here , just jump right on in and
get your gab on... :beer:

Jeff
08-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Welcome !!!

aboutime
08-21-2014, 02:12 PM
I would also like to Welcome our new members here. However. A quick review of the Welcome's here over the last several weeks....speaking only for myself. Seem to have been lost on NOW questionable, sincere members.

So. I will withhold a genuine welcome. To be expressed later as familiarity with new members is established.

Reminds me of that old saying: "Fool me once...."

Abbey Marie
08-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Welcome Oak & PixieStix. Glad to have you join us. :salute:

PixieStix
08-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Thank you everyone. Just after I signed up for the forum. I was informed that my Dad has a form of leukemia that is very aggressive and he may only have 3 months to live :chinese: He has agreed to be part of a clinical study. I am so afraid of losing him. He is the greatest man I have ever known. And a great American.

I immediately drove to Alabama to see him. Wow, what a drive.....One of his wishes was for all of his children to be with him at the same time. There are 6 of us.

He has carved himself out one beautiful piece of America. I am soo proud of him.

Jeff
08-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Thank you everyone. Just after I signed up for the forum. I was informed that my Dad has a form of leukemia that is very aggressive and he may only have 3 months to live :chinese: He has agreed to be part of a clinical study. I am so afraid of losing him. He is the greatest man I have ever known. And a great American.

I immediately drove to Alabama to see him. Wow, what a drive.....One of his wishes was for all of his children to be with him at the same time. There are 6 of us.

He has carved himself out one beautiful piece of America. I am soo proud of him.

Prayers

PixieStix
08-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Prayers

Thank You Sir. I feel like a bolder is lying on my chest. I am not sure how to live my life without my Daddy in this old ugly world

Jeff
08-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Thank You Sir. I feel like a bolder is lying on my chest. I am not sure how to live my life without my Daddy in this old ugly world
I know that feeling all to well, I lost my Mom a few years ago and lost my oldest son when he was just 2 days old, it takes time but you will learn to live with it. people say it gets easier with time, I don't believe that I believe we learn how to deal with it. My oldest son would of been 27 this year and on the 19th of this month it hurt, we just learn to live with it.

I wish you the best with this, and remember don't worry about it now, enjoy the time you have left, make what ever time y'all have great time !!

Gaffer
08-31-2014, 08:22 PM

Your not alone here. Tyr's Mom is in pretty bad shape and Sassy recently lost her sister. Jeff and Jim lost their Mom not long ago so this is a great place for moral support.

Stiletto
09-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Greetings and Salutations....

Just stepping in real quick-like to say "Hey" before going back to Lurker Mode.

I will likely start participating at some point but want to get a better feel for the joint -- specifically its members and its rhythms and tones of discussions/debates, especially when things escalate (as they inevitably do when it comes to politics) before jumping into the fray.

Gotta say, though, that I do like what I've seen so far :popcorn: :happy0100: .

jimnyc
09-01-2014, 06:18 PM

I will likely start participating at some point but want to get a better feel for the joint -- specifically its members and its rhythms and tones of discussions/debates, especially when things escalate (as they inevitably do when it comes to politics) before jumping into the fray.

Welcome aboard! Feel free to pop into the lounge area until you get more comfy, then jump into the fray. :salute:

DLT
09-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Welcome aboard! Feel free to pop into the lounge area until you get more comfy, then jump into the fray. :salute:

Oh....please......

don't call it that. lol

NightTrain
09-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Sorry to hear of that.

I lost my Dad to cancer 2 days before the 9/11 attacks, and just lost my little brother a few days ago.

All I can say is that it sucks and there's no easy way to deal with it. But knowing it's coming is better than learning you just lost him unexpectedly and you didn't get to say your goodbyes and prepare.

One thing that Dad did that I don't think he realized was so important to me now is his journal. He wrote in it, giving advice and remembering different events... it was for himself at the time but now it's priceless - kind of a link to him and his thoughts beyond the grave. It helped me a lot as I was coping after he was gone and I couldn't talk to him anymore.

Baba Booey
09-02-2014, 01:18 PM
So no dedicated "Introduction" forum, just a single, thread that everyone has to pass around? Talk about sloppy seconds, thirds, etc. Fucking cheapskates. :laugh:

Anyway, Hi - My name is... umm, Boris. I'm a Sagittarius, I like fishing, hiking, ATV riding, drinking beer (on the beach preferably), blowjobs (getting, not giving... ahem..) and I'm a closet Abba fan.

I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate although I test liberal on those political chart thingys.

So welcome me!

Drummond
09-02-2014, 01:21 PM
So no dedicated "Introduction" forum, just a single, thread that everyone has to pass around? Talk about sloppy seconds, thirds, etc. Fucking cheapskates. :laugh:

Anyway, Hi - My name is... umm, Boris. I'm a Sagittarius, I like fishing, hiking, ATV riding, drinking beer (on the beach preferably), blowjobs (getting, not giving... ahem..) and I'm a closet Abba fan.

I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate although I test liberal on those political chart thingys.

So welcome me!

Happy to ! Welcome to the forum ... I'm looking forward to your future posts.

NightTrain
09-02-2014, 01:25 PM

So welcome me!

...and you clearly are a fan of Blazing Saddles.

Welcome, Boris.

Jeff
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM

Welcome, and jump on in