PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello, all.....hope you have been well!

I see a few of my old friends and acquaintances are here. I may offer a few nugats from time to time, but most likely LURK for a while....

Has anyone seen KEN (from the old Non-violence forum?)

jimnyc
02-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Welcome! Thank you for your service to our country, you'll find a bunch of other great folks here to get along with :)

5stringJeff
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I stuck the thread so people can introduce themselves.

I'm Jeff, 30/M from near Seattle, WA. I'm a former Army officer, I play bass, and I like reading about history and theology.

And I pwn dmp on a regular basis! :D

Mr. P
02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Hello, all.....hhoe you have been well!

I see a few of my old friends and acquaintances are here. I may offer a few nugats from time to time, but most likely LURK for a while....

Had a Private message from him about a year ago..nothing since. He's a member of the other board. I was going to pm him but haven't been there to do so.

BTW..Marines are pussies!!!:lol: And I'm glad you're here!:beer:

CSM
02-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Welcome aboard.

I am a former Army enlisted and am now one of the sweetest, charming, rational, intelligent, and liberal persons (when compared to Ghengis Khan) that you will ever meet.

Roomy
02-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Hello, all.....hhoe you have been well!

There are never enough Americans to beat up, welcome:D

CockySOB
02-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Just curious, but what is a "fmr Marine?" I've heard of inactive Marines and retired Marines, but I've never heard of a Marine calling themselves "former."

And welcome!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Once a Marine always a Marine...there is no such thing as an EX Marine...we are all former Marines once we get out, retire or otherwise drift off into the night.....

Gunny
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Welcome aboard.

I am a former Army enlisted and am now one of the sweetest, charming, rational, intelligent, and liberal persons (when compared to Ghengis Khan) that you will ever meet.

:smoke:

Gunny
02-06-2007, 10:48 PM
There are never enough Americans to beat up, welcome:D

When you going to start on your FIRST one?:salute:

CSM
02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
:smoke:

Stay out of my "hunting grounds", please!

TheStripey1
02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Howdy,

I met Gadget and Mr. P on Nonviolence.org almost four years ago. It was my first real online bulletin board experience. I've been on plenty of others since then... :lmao: some mostly righty like this one, some mostly lefty, quite a few combos, been a moderator on more than one, been banned from some too... all in a day's work... :blues:

I AM TheStripey1, peace tiger... now a peace tiger differs from a peace dove in that I will not hesitate to rip you a new one should I feel you deserve it... as a veteran that volunteered to serve in the war of my youth, I despise chickenhawks, but I love debating with hawks, as some of you have already found out...

As my avatar sez... I'm a recovering republican... whereas I may have voted for a democrat or two in the recent past, I AM NOT a democrat... and although I may lean left of y'all on most issues, I am NOT a liberal... I call my position... centrist...

Like most people alive today, I am a complex individual and I look forward to mixing it up with all of you...

obtw... who are the mods here?

darin
02-14-2007, 06:17 PM
obtw... who are the mods here?

Here ya go:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showgroups.php

TheStripey1
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showgroups.php

thanks...

Powerman
02-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Just curious, but what is a "fmr Marine?" I've heard of inactive Marines and retired Marines, but I've never heard of a Marine calling themselves "former."

And welcome!

When is your birthday? I'll buy you a thesaurus

OK so I'll introduce myself. I'm Powerman. I used to post on the "other forum"

Many of you love me and many of you hate me. Does that Kathy woman post here? She hated me. There is a debate that comes to mind between her and myself on the religious forum about the doctrine of double effect that still completely blows my mind.

Anyway, I'm the same ole loveable jerk that you all remember. I'm trying to recruit a few of my buddies from another forum to sign up here. Should be fun for the whole family.

Roomy
02-15-2007, 04:06 AM
When you going to start on your FIRST one?:salute:

You are all too soft, I would only be accused of bullying.

LiberalNation
02-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi, a little late on the introduction but oh well.

Just to let ya'll know since some people seem to think I'm a guy that I'm really a girl. Besides that I'm 17 and a high school junior right now. This board seems pretty tilted toward the right but no prob I like debating/fighting with people who have different view points then my own.

CSM
02-18-2007, 07:40 PM

Just to let ya'll know since some people seem to think I'm a guy that I'm really a girl. Besides that I'm 17 and a high school junior right now. This board seems pretty tilted toward the right but no prob I like debating/fighting with people who have different view points then my own.

Welcome aboard.

Mr. P
02-18-2007, 07:45 PM

It ain't yahoo or AOL kid. We're wiser and more mature. We've been there and done that more that you can imagine.

You can learn a lot here. Have fun.:D

Gunny
02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
You are all too soft, I would only be accused of bullying.

Take your best shot. I never met a Brit I didn't have to carry home from the bar.;)

CockySOB
02-18-2007, 09:42 PM

You should be able to hold your own around here, LN. Have fun!

lily
02-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Well........I'll be darned. Looking high and low for Cocky and here he is!

..........and Gunny to boot.

CockySOB
02-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Well........I'll be darned. Looking high and low for Cocky and here he is!

..........and Gunny to boot.

HIYA! Long time no see! How ya been, lady?!

lily
02-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I've been good, how about you? I had to hunt you down........now steer me to the Fitzpatrick/Libby thread.........and let's discuss;)

CockySOB
02-19-2007, 08:31 AM
I've been good, how about you? I had to hunt you down........now steer me to the Fitzpatrick/Libby thread.........and let's discuss;)

What's to discuss? That I was right... yet again? :)

lily
02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Cocky.........you break my heart. I thought you'd at least be following. Now my hunt for you was all in vain.

CockySOB
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Cocky.........you break my heart. I thought you'd at least be following. Now my hunt for you was all in vain.

Never in vain, my dear! I look forward to engaging you in debate around these parts. Just find a thread or start one, and I'll join ya!

lily
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I've hit a couple already. I'm not used to this big of a forum.......you know me, I'm shy.

mrg666
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
ive been here a while (before the board was hacked) and thought id better introduce myself
im in the uk (nottingham)
i dont proffess to know anything about politics (from either side of the water)
:cheers2:

5stringJeff
03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
ive been here a while (before the board was hacked) and thought id better introduce myself
im in the uk (nottingham)
i dont proffess to know anything about politics (from either side of the water)

I had a friend who moved to Nottingham for a few years to work for a gaming company. Unfortunately I didn't get to visit. Very cool!

mrg666
03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I had a friend who moved to Nottingham for a few years to work for a gaming company. Unfortunately I didn't get to visit. Very cool!

that was games workshop
a lot of my friends work there two have been to the texas branch

Abbey Marie
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Welcome back, mrq666. :)

Love England!

Gaffer
03-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Mrg666 maybe you could start a thread on the hostage situation concerning the Brit sailors and marines from you point of view. Would be interested in hear the Brit perspective of things.

Smurfette
03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi, good to be here! I live in San Francisco, I'm in my early 30's, I have a cat, I work as a nutrition consultant/personal trainer. I'm into discussing almost anything, very much a dilletante, but I know a bunch about nutrition, fitness, films, and altered states.

grunt
03-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, good to be here! I live in San Francisco, I'm in my early 30's, I have a cat, I work as a nutrition consultant/personal trainer. I'm into discussing almost anything, very much a dilletante, but I know a bunch about nutrition, fitness, films, and altered states.

Altered states?

You're not one of those there hippies are ya??

J/K..I haven't been here long myself, but welcome. San Fran is a cool city.

stephanie
03-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome aboard, Smurfette.

Mr. P
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Altered states?

You're not one of those there hippies are ya??

J/K..I haven't been here long myself, but welcome. San Fran is a cool city.

Cool hell! Everytime I've been there it was cold!!:laugh2:

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Hope I'm not too late with the intro...

TheStripey1 tipped me off to this board. Although I'm almost always labeled as a liberal, the only true liberalism in me is when it comes to social issues (besides abortion, which is a whole other thread). In terms of fiscal policy I'm much more conservative - as in deficit spending should be small or nil. I don't want to give too much away here, as there's a lot more to me than meets the eye. :D

CockySOB
04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Hope I'm not too late with the intro...

TheStripey1 tipped me off to this board. Although I'm almost always labeled as a liberal, the only true liberalism in me is when it comes to social issues (besides abortion, which is a whole other thread). In terms of fiscal policy I'm much more conservative - as in deficit spending should be small or nil. I don't want to give too much away here, as there's a lot more to me than meets the eye. :D

Welcome! Looking forward to learning your opinions and learning FROM your opinions as well.

Geolibertarian
05-09-2007, 08:35 PM
I found this board through a friend, liked what I saw, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Geolibertarian, 44, male, from Nebraska. I'm a staunch conservative and a lifelong Republican whose proud of his country.

I supported and still support the war in Iraq, and I know that this President can win it, but that the liberals are holding him back. The way i see it is we've got to realize that we're not just fighting in iraq. This is a global war against a religious ideology bent on our destruction. It's the biggest threat we've faced and we've got to step up to the plate or lose it, and that's what we're doing.

I'm firmly against amnesty. If you're going to be in this country, you need to be here legally, you need to contribute, and you have to want to be here. You've gotta be an American.

On the social stuff I think its pretty simple. I'm strongly pro-life and 100% against queer marriage. I'm also sick and tired of watching my hardearned dollars being sent to welfare bums.

I'm proud of this president. He's been sidelined lately, but that's what happens when we let the cut-and-runners into Congress.

Anyway, I hope to have a good time and get to know you folks.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I found this board through a friend, liked what I saw, and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Geolibertarian, 44, male, from Nebraska. I'm a staunch conservative and a lifelong Republican whose proud of his country.

I supported and still support the war in Iraq, and I know that this President can win it, but that the liberals are holding him back. The way i see it is we've got to realize that we're not just fighting in iraq. This is a global war against a religious ideology bent on our destruction. It's the biggest threat we've faced and we've got to step up to the plate or lose it, and that's what we're doing.

I'm firmly against amnesty. If you're going to be in this country, you need to be here legally, you need to contribute, and you have to want to be here. You've gotta be an American.

On the social stuff I think its pretty simple. I'm strongly pro-life and 100% against queer marriage. I'm also sick and tired of watching my hardearned dollars being sent to welfare bums.

I'm proud of this president. He's been sidelined lately, but that's what happens when we let the cut-and-runners into Congress.

It seems you are bringing some wanted balance to this board! Welcome!

Geolibertarian
05-09-2007, 08:40 PM
It seems you are bringing some wanted balance to this board! Welcome!

Thank you

Abbey Marie
05-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the board, GL. :salute:

emmett
05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm Emmett, another recovering "otherboarder". Libertarian, horses ass, coffee drinking, truck driving, pinball playing, 70's singing, long haired hippe looking, conservative, business owner with a chihuahua.

Personally I think Fidel Castro needs counseling!

Psychoblues
05-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Welcome aboard, emmett. Keep it between the ditches and you'll be alright here!!!!!!!!!! Personally, I am a wreck!!!!!!!!

I'm Emmett, another recovering "otherboarder". Libertarian, horses ass, coffee drinking, truck driving, pinball playing, 70's singing, long haired hippe looking, conservative, business owner with a chihuahua.

I've never intro'd myself on this thread and I intend to do that at my very first opportunity.

Thanks for coming on over, emmett!!!!!!!!!!

Rahul
06-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi Guys -

New member here, was referred by a coupla folks who've been here for a while (not sure what their s/names are on here though so I don't know if I should name them as yet or not) ;).

I've been browsing this site as an unregistered member for a while now, and have noticed this is quite a lively site, not unlike a few other sites I've posted/participated in. Took me a while to find this thread, but find it I did ...

Some interesting things which seem to set this site apart though is that it seems to be of a more adult nature (which is great). The smileys are nice, and it seems I can use the search feature also (BIG BIG PLUS - this is limited to certain members on many forums).

Guess I should say something about myself ... Most of my political views could be classified as liberal, but there are certain topics where that doesn't hold true ... I prefer to think of issues independently though, without assigning everything a "liberal" or "conservative" tag from the word go. I'm an aethist - the only religion I follow is the BPR. Ok, that should be enough for now! :lol:

Look foward to some heated debates with you guys! :)

:beer:
Rahul

Rahul
06-03-2007, 01:50 AM
** Deleted **

Roomy
06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome Rahul:cheers2:

Roomy
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Welcome anyway.:laugh2:

Rahul
06-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Welcome Rahul:cheers2:

Thanks man! :)

Trinity
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
I haven't seen most of you guys in like 2 years.......but I have located the new site and we will see how often I get to post. Oh yeah for those of you that remember the drama.... done and gone... like so 2 years ago!:dance:

5stringJeff
06-29-2007, 07:11 PM
WB trinity! :D

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome aboard.

I thought you said you were Army, doesn't the Navy say Welcome Aboard? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the board, GL. :salute:

Abbey, I've noticed you welcome men to this board more then you do women. Bad bad Abbey.... :cheers2:

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 07:56 PM

70's singing? Like the Village People? :laugh2:

Joan
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't think I've ever properly introduced myself. My name is Joan, and I am Jim's mother. Don't let that hold you back from cussing me out, as he does it all the time! He prefers to refer to me as "Al" his shortened version of Alzheimers! He also lovingly refers to me as bone head - so feel to fire away when necessary. Politically, I must say that I voted for George, but this amnesty thing has got me a bit pissed. I have had major health problems this past year, and am inundated with bills. My problem is that if I were on welfare or an illegal, there would be NO bills associated with my various hospital stays.

Not that I would even think of voting for Hillary though!!

nevadamedic
06-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Don't think I've ever properly introduced myself. My name is Joan, and I am Jim's mother. Don't let that hold you back from cussing me out, as he does it all the time! He prefers to refer to me as "Al" his shortened version of Alzheimers! He also lovingly refers to me as bone head - so feel to fire away when necessary. Politically, I must say that I voted for George, but this amnesty thing has got me a bit pissed. I have had major health problems this past year, and am inundated with bills. My problem is that if I were on welfare or an illegal, there would be NO bills associated with my various hospital stays.

Michael Moore exposed Hilary's concerns for healthcare as a scam, that really surprised me, not about Hilary, but Michael opening up on Democrats. Also if you were an illegal you would be able to see the top doctors in the country at no charge as you could just skip out and they have no way of finding you!

hjmick
07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Aha! I found it! The Introductions thread.

I hate this, never do it, this is the first time.

Hi, I'm hjmick and I'm a Parrothead.

I recognize some of you from other boards.

I consider myself a pragmatic conservative with libertarian leanings.

Joan
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Parrothead? Does that still refer to a great Jimmy Buffet fan?

hjmick
07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Parrothead? Does that still refer to a great Jimmy Buffet fan?

It does indeed.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Aha! I found it! The Introductions thread.

I hate this, never do it, this is the first time.

Hi, I'm hjmick and I'm a Parrothead.

I recognize some of you from other boards.

I consider myself a pragmatic conservative with libertarian leanings.

Hey welcome! Im glad you decided to check this place out my fellow Jimmy Buffet fan! :cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Greetings....followed a link here from Politics and Current Affairs, where I post under the name Thaanatos....noticed you have a Religion/Ethics section and I love to discuss those issues, so I thought I would sign up and visit.....

I consider punctuation to be a modernist conspiracy.....therefore I post in phrases....if you imagine each phrase to be something I have spoken to you, you will probably understand what I am saying......

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Welcome to the board, Prophet. Our religion section can get pretty lively at times. :)

Sitarro
07-31-2007, 12:37 PM

Good to see ya emmett, glad you made it over here. Hey have you done any of that ice road driving seen on the TV?

Sitarro
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM

Hi Joan,
Your avatar was always one of my favorites. You have some great kids.

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the board, Prophet. Our religion section can get pretty lively at times. :)

Are you trying to say our Religion Section get's passionate and sometimes heated? No way, I haven't noticed that! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Are you trying to say our Religion Section get's passionate and sometimes heated? No way, I haven't noticed that! :laugh2:

Ya think? :coffee:

nevadamedic
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Ya think? :coffee:

Dunno..........:laugh2:

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello people! I swing towards the conservative side of the political spectrum in my viewpoints. I live in north Texas. I work as a nurse. Just saying hello. :)

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi Socky whats shaken?

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi Socky whats shaken?
Foot powder... Gotta keep those odors under control... :uhoh:

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Good for you, are you a johnsons baby powder kinda sock or a medicated Menthol kinda toe cozy?

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Good for you, are you a johnsons baby powder kinda sock or a medicated Menthol kinda toe cozy?
I'm a gold bond kind of guy myself... :dance:

jimnyc
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome, Mr. Puppet!

Glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the board. How did you find us anyway? Search engine? Referral? Just curious for future benefit!

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow I feel like we know each other so well now that I can ask you anything!

Are you a ped or a knee high?

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Welcome, Mr. Puppet!

Glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the board. How did you find us anyway? Search engine? Referral? Just curious for future benefit!

Samantha (Viola Lee) from Democracy Forums. :)

jimnyc
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Samantha (Viola Lee) from Democracy Forums. :)

Wow, 2 from the same banned member! LOL

Is she trying to get rid of you guys or something? :)

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I think that's the idea... especially concerning CWN. :lol:

jimnyc
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM

Doesn't matter how ya got here I suppose... Enjoy the board, and welcome again to both. :)

emmett
08-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Oh Boy! Another insensative conservative. Some guy thinks he should be able to keep what he earns and not share with everybody else, how insensative. It's guys like you who keep this country from becoming socialist. I know you don't like Hillary"s health care plan, you don't like homeless folks mooching off you every 3rd of the month, then buying crack with their government checks and you don't care how they feed themselves after about the 7th or so, how insensative! But most of all I see that you think a woman has no right to murder her fetus coming from her own body just because she don't know "da babies daddy". How insensative!

Hello everyone! Emmett"s back! Got a new computer finally. One that might stay logged in for a session or two.

I came from the "other" board also at the suggestion of Mr. P, Kathianne, Psycho, and a couple of others. I was a victim of a hack job a few months ago and my computer never recovered.

I thought I had already done an intro but I guess I didn't. I am a trucker, biker, navy man with NO TATTOO's and NO pierced ear. A conservative libertarian, responsible for my own actions and I've paid more taxes in my life than 10 average people will in their entire lives. I've been sued, shot, loved and hated. I was a repoman for 20 years, raised two sons alone, started a business with 1737.40 worth of change in a bottle, made millions with it, lost it all and am trying it again.

I LOVE this forum. The people here are great! I like everybody from that opinionated ass Psycho to Stephanie. Gunny is my pal. I admire OCA, Jimmy, Abbey, Kathianne, the youngsters lefty opinions and like to just sit back and read mostly. I'm not heavy poster in ratio verses time spent on the board. I like to stick in a little humor (very little) when possible and look forward to a little more.

Yippe! said the Hippe!

red states rule
08-16-2007, 07:25 AM

Welcome to the board

5stringJeff
08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Hello people! I swing towards the conservative side of the political spectrum in my viewpoints. I live in north Texas. I work as a nurse. Just saying hello. :)

Another conservative Texan... we just might be able to form our own caucus around here! :D

Monkeybone
08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
we're introducing ourselves?

Monkeybone here, 22 yr old male from northernish Indiana. i heard about Debate Policy from Nukeman since we work together and he got tired of me reading over his shoulder. i tend to think along the lines of conservative if i have to claim anything, but open to new ideas and such.

Kathianne
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM

I think this must be the case, if my counting is right, which is always questionable, it's up to 4? :laugh2:

red states rule
08-17-2007, 04:26 AM
we're introducing ourselves?

Monkeybone here, 22 yr old male from northernish Indiana. i heard about Debate Policy from Nukeman since we work together and he got tired of me reading over his shoulder. i tend to think along the lines of conservative if i have to claim anything, but open to new ideas and such.

I brought a liberal friend of mine from work to the board (please don't hold that against me) He is Blue states rule - and even though he is a liberal, he is a very nce guy

Abbey Marie
08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh Boy! Another insensative conservative. Some guy thinks he should be able to keep what he earns and not share with everybody else, how insensative. It's guys like you who keep this country from becoming socialist. I know you don't like Hillary"s health care plan, you don't like homeless folks mooching off you every 3rd of the month, then buying crack with their government checks and you don't care how they feed themselves after about the 7th or so, how insensative! But most of all I see that you think a woman has no right to murder her fetus coming from her own body just because she don't know "da babies daddy". How insensative!

Hello everyone! Emmett"s back! Got a new computer finally. One that might stay logged in for a session or two.

I came from the "other" board also at the suggestion of Mr. P, Kathianne, Psycho, and a couple of others. I was a victim of a hack job a few months ago and my computer never recovered.

I thought I had already done an intro but I guess I didn't. I am a trucker, biker, navy man with NO TATTOO's and NO pierced ear. A conservative libertarian, responsible for my own actions and I've paid more taxes in my life than 10 average people will in their entire lives. I've been sued, shot, loved and hated. I was a repoman for 20 years, raised two sons alone, started a business with 1737.40 worth of change in a bottle, made millions with it, lost it all and am trying it again.

I LOVE this forum. The people here are great! I like everybody from that opinionated ass Psycho to Stephanie. Gunny is my pal. I admire OCA, Jimmy, Abbey, Kathianne, the youngsters lefty opinions and like to just sit back and read mostly. I'm not heavy poster in ratio verses time spent on the board. I like to stick in a little humor (very little) when possible and look forward to a little more.

Yippe! said the Hippe!

Thank you, Emmett. It's great to have you back!

BoogyMan
08-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone!

I am a 41 year old conservative from Texas (same town as sock puppet) who loves to talk politics and technology. I am the Network Engineer for the local university and find it interesting being just about the only conservative in my working environment. I will look forward to some great discussions and debates.

I believe that several of my forum friends and acquaintances have shown up here. Hi Sock Puppet, Stoner, Nevadamedic, Red States Rule, and Chesswarsnow.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi everyone!

I am a 41 year old conservative from Texas (same town as sock puppet) who loves to talk politics and technology. I am the Network Engineer for the local university and find it interesting being just about the only conservative in my working environment. I will look forward to some great discussions and debates.

I believe that several of my forum friends and acquaintances have shown up here. Hi Sock Puppet, Stoner, Nevadamedic, Red States Rule, and Chesswarsnow.

Hey Boogy! Im glad you decided to check this place out finally! :laugh2:

BoogyMan
08-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi Nevada! :D I thought I would go ahead and dive in.

manu1959
08-24-2007, 12:14 AM

welcome :fu:

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 12:25 AM

The sites are pretty simular except the Rep system is a lot different.

Swarm
08-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Since we are introducing ourselves... I am 28, Currently live in Reno, NV, got invited here by waterrescuedude, and my views would be mostly liberal. If anyone needs more info you can ask.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Since we are introducing ourselves... I am 28, Currently live in Reno, NV, got invited here by waterrescuedude, and my views would be mostly liberal. If anyone needs more info you can ask.

Liberal?!?

08-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Liberal?!?

Yes, liberals do exist NM

Abbey Marie
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Welcome to Sock Puppet, Boogyman and Swarm!

5stringJeff
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi everyone!

The Texas caucus grows!!! :thumb: Welcome!

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, liberals do exist NM

I know but im dissapointed in Jeremy for being good friends with a Liberal, im gonna have to talk to that boy.

Swarm
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes being friends with a liberal is a horrible horrible thing. He should be arrested and talked to... sternly. It is impossible to believe that people with different views could possibly be good friends and have friendly DEBATES about politics. This board does not seem to be able to do that, but seems to like to resort to "I will kick yer ass!" tactics. Does anyone ever thinks that maybe differences of opinion helps people to think about things? I am able to think for myself, and I come to my own conclusions, arguing with Jeremy about them either reinforces them or changes them. I am not stubbornly stuck on 1 view and blindly defend it, I am persuaded by facts. TY.

manu1959
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes being friends with a liberal is a horrible horrible thing. He should be arrested and talked to... sternly. It is impossible to believe that people with different views could possibly be good friends and have friendly DEBATES about politics. This board does not seem to be able to do that, but seems to like to resort to "I will kick yer ass!" tactics. Does anyone ever thinks that maybe differences of opinion helps people to think about things? I am able to think for myself, and I come to my own conclusions, arguing with Jeremy about them either reinforces them or changes them. I am not stubbornly stuck on 1 view and blindly defend it, I am persuaded by facts. TY.

you can't possibly be a liberal and claim you are presuaded by facts....:poke:

welcome none the less

bullypulpit
08-27-2007, 04:36 AM
Y'all know me and love me! ;)

diuretic
08-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Another conservative Texan... we just might be able to form our own caucus around here! :D

I met lots of liberals in Tx when I was there last. Of course I was a guest of a union. And it was in Austin. And they all had Dem connections :laugh2:

And then they took to me to Houston (Pasadena??) and I met then State Senator Jerry Patterson, nice bloke but.....whoa....conservative as they come :salute:

Welcome to the new members. It's great fun here. :coffee:

jimnyc
08-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Y'all know me and love me! ;)

I do, and I do!

Glad you finally made it here, Bully! :)

Saigio
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Greetings.
I see several familiar faces here.

I am Saigio. I am active on Democracy Forums and Gaiaonline's Extended Discussion boards.

I'm 17, male, liberal, geek, non-conformist*, asshole, etc etc etc.
I enjoy good movies, good games, and good people. I live in a small town in Maine.
Those that don't know me yet will get to know more about me as I post here.

*Not like the generic non-conformists. I take it to an art.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Greetings.

I am Saigio. I am active on Democracy Forums and Gaiaonline's Extended Discussion boards.

I enjoy good movies, good games, and good people. I live in a small town in Maine.

Welcome to DP!
I don't know you, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt on being an a**ho**. :salute:

Our family vacations in a small town in Maine every summer. We love it.

jackass
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Welcome to DP!
I don't know you, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt on being an a**ho**. :salute:

Our family vacations in a small town in Maine every summer. We love it.

And next year I am tagging along! :dance:

nevadamedic
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Maybe Abbey will even let you get behind her! :laugh2:

Im talking about reputation here people ;)

jackass
09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe Abbey will even let you get behind her! :laugh2:

Im talking about reputation here people ;)

OOhh Im pretty far behind!!

jimnyc
09-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Greetings.

Welcome, Saigio, glad to have you aboard. :)

chesswarsnow
09-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But welcome to my newest corner of the Internet.
2. We have all been waiting for you.
3. Hehehehehehehe:laugh2:,........(Hehe~ed, in real deep voice)

SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

That sounds like fun! :thumb: :beer:

actsnoblemartin
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Thank You for your service to our country :)

I look forward to your opinions

Hello, all.....hope you have been well!

nevadamedic
09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Thank You for your service to our country :)

I look forward to your opinions

Do you realize how old that post is? :poke:

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Perhaps some of our newer members would like to introduce themselves?

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Perhaps some of our newer members would like to introduce themselves?

Hi, my name is Jim! I'm 39yrs old and I'm a pervert. Pleasure to meet ya babe!

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi, my name is Jim! I'm 39yrs old and I'm a pervert. Pleasure to meet ya babe!

Hiya Jim!

Are you the guy that likes boobies?

jackass
09-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Hiya Jim!

Isnt that an oxymoron?? A guy that likes boobs??? :laugh2:

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hiya Jim!

Likes? That's an understatement! Love would be more appropriate!

typomaniac
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Isnt that an oxymoron?? A guy that likes boobs??? :laugh2:

You mean "isn't that redundant." An example of an oxymmoron would be a brillliant site administrator. :laugh:

Sertes
10-03-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi!
I'm Riccardo, 34 year old computer engineer and IT consultant from a distant corner of the Empire called Bologna, Italy.

I found this forum on digg.com, I'm curious to see what my american cousins are talking about these days

hjmick
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi!
I'm Riccardo, 34 year old computer engineer and IT consultant from a distant corner of the Empire called Bologna, Italy.

I found this forum on digg.com, I'm curious to see what my american cousins are talking about these days

Welcome to the board.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi!

Very cool!

Welcome to the board, Riccardo. If you like a feisty bunch, you should be happy here.

5stringJeff
10-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi!

Welcome! I'm actually trying to learn Italian in my spare time! :thumb:

BoogyMan
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi!

Hi Riccardo, I am a Network Engineer in the great state of Texas, but I ditched the consulting gig years ago in order to maintain my sanity.

It is GREAT to have you here with us.

Boogy

DrJohn
10-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Hi, I'm John, a fifty year old axle technician (for heavy duty commercial vehicles) in South Carolina.

I love the diversity of your membership.

red states rule
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi, I'm John, a fifty year old axle technician (for heavy duty commercial vehicles) in South Carolina.

Welcome to the board!!!

Abbey Marie
10-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Welcome, DrJohn. I hope you like it here.

Maybe you're in the right place at the right time. :D

mrg666
10-04-2007, 10:56 AM
allegedly the site was gonna be called diverse but the proprieter couldnt spell it so went for debate wich apparently his brother could spell
:laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
allegedly the site was gonna be called diverse but the proprieter couldnt spell it so went for debate wich apparently his brother could spell

:finger3: :slap:

Classact
10-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey folks...

Just found this site and thought I'd check it out and discuss politics and whatever else comes up.

I lean a little to the left and it looks like I'm not alone but perhaps there are some other views...

I really haven't spent much time on the site so I guess I'll read a little and get back with you all a little later.

82Marine89
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
I hang to the right.

Classact
10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I hang to the right.
I joined the board and made the above post last night thinking "I can do it" but I slept on it and the guilt just got to me... My plan was to join a new political site as a liberal and argue with the liberals against the conservatives and then when the lefties started to feel all soft and fuzzy I would be convinced and converted to a conservative... I can't even pretend to be liberal because I don't understand how they think.

Anyway, I'll fix up my User CP to reflect what I am here after while...

What I am is a very conservative retired Army Airborne First/Master Sergeant conservative... I think President Bush is the only class act in Washington with few exceptions... I do find faults with him on immigration and his inaction on some issues but the man simply rocks steady and hasn't stuck a wet finger in the breeze of public opinion as almost every other politician has.

I look forward to a very target rich environment of liberals to discuss issues of the day with acknowledging in advance that they can't learn new tricks but simply have to "grow up" and mature their ability to reason in a realist world... There are libs on this site I trust?

darin
10-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Welcome, Top. :beer:

Sir Evil
10-16-2007, 07:32 AM
I joined the board and made the above post last night thinking "I can do it" but I slept on it and the guilt just got to me... My plan was to join a new political site as a liberal and argue with the liberals against the conservatives and then when the lefties started to feel all soft and fuzzy I would be convinced and converted to a conservative... I can't even pretend to be liberal because I don't understand how they think.

what a class act! Welcome :beer:

Gaffer
10-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Anyway, I'll fix up my User CP to reflect what I am here after while...

What I am is a very conservative retired Army Airborne First/Master Sergeant conservative... I think President Bush is the only class act in Washington with few exceptions... I do find faults with him on immigration and his inaction on some issues but the man simply rocks steady and hasn't stuck a wet finger in the breeze of public opinion as almost every other politician has.

I look forward to a very target rich environment of liberals to discuss issues of the day with acknowledging in advance that they can't learn new tricks but simply have to "grow up" and mature their ability to reason in a realist world... There are libs on this site I trust?

Welcome Class.

In order to think like a liberal you have to have a warped and closed mind. And no common sense. You will recognize the liberals real fast here.

We have a number of retired military and former military here so you will fit right in. Even a few current military. will be looking forward to your comments.

typomaniac
10-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Another would-be "Jew-perfecter," I see. (Kidding, of course: rightwads are so much fun to pick on. :laugh: )

Welcome.

Classact
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Another would-be "Jew-perfecter," I see. (Kidding, of course: rightwads are so much fun to pick on. :laugh: )

Welcome.Thanks folks but I'm a God Fearing Secular... I try to live by Epititus stoic philosophy but when the stuff hits the fan I'm in to every higher power know to man...

carbonbased
11-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Name: Mike

I will most probably start off here without doing alot of posting. My main interest here will be human nature and moral/ethical questions. Gathering from what I have read so far, this place seems to be quite rough. Don't worry though, I think I can handle it.

Politically I stand more to the left than right.

typomaniac
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Name: Mike

I will most probably start off here without doing alot of posting. My main interest here will be human nature and moral/ethical questions. Gathering from what I have read so far, this place seems to be quite rough. Don't worry though, I think I can handle it.

Politically I stand more to the left than right.

You'll probably get bombarded with negative reputation points for daring to admit that. Don't worry: keep posting regularly and your rep will go back up.

Chris
11-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi everyone, I just found this place by accident. It looks like an interesting place to have discussions.

I run a news and opinion site, and I enjoy finding new places like this to debate the issues. I look forward to participating.

darin
11-10-2007, 12:20 AM
You'll probably get bombarded with negative reputation points for daring to admit that. Don't worry: keep posting regularly and your rep will go back up.

People get neg rep points for being assholes, not for being "left" or "right" :)

typomaniac
11-10-2007, 03:15 PM
People get neg rep points for being assholes, not for being "left" or "right" :)
That's the theory, of course. But I'm sure you know what the difference is between theory and practice...

"The difference between theory and practice is, in theory, nothing."

OrnotBitwise
11-21-2007, 04:36 PM
So, I'm here. I heard about this place over on edited.com and dropped by because some old . . . friends . . . are said to hang out on this corner.

As a few of you know I live in Greater San Francisco and am somewhat left of liberal in most respects. I can surprise you now and then though.

I'm a programmer by trade with a very checkered educational background. Checkered? More paisley really. I'm also a boomer and a happily aging hippie.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi but, oh, these are trying times in which we live.

As to the nick, well, it's a programmer's joke, in a sense. Don't worry about it. It's just traditional with me now. :coffee:

Sir Evil
11-21-2007, 07:57 PM
So, I'm here. I heard about this place over on edited.com and dropped by because some old . . . friends . . . are said to hang out on this corner.

As a few of you know I live in Greater San Francisco and am somewhat left of liberal in most respects. I can surprise you now and then though.

I'm a programmer by trade with a very checkered educational background. Checkered? More paisley really. I'm also a boomer and a happily aging hippie.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi but, oh, these are trying times in which we live.

As to the nick, well, it's a programmer's joke, in a sense. Don't worry about it. It's just traditional with me now. :coffee:

Wow, the ornerybit!

Friends? you actrually admit to be friends with those pile of shitbricks?

Mr. P
11-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Smell that, SE? I do.

OCA
11-21-2007, 08:20 PM

LMFAO! You ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, are ya? Read on the other board where you were gonna come give us the business and like typical lib dumbass you went and registered at USMB!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

JohnDoe
11-21-2007, 08:22 PM

welcome ornot!!!

jd

Kathianne
11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
LMFAO! You ain't the brightest bulb on the xmas tree, are ya? Read on the other board where you were gonna come give us the business and like typical lib dumbass you went and registered at USMB!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Several did, I believe they googled my name and messageboards. No1 removed the usmb url, but not before some of them saw it. Problem for them though, while I did use a different name at No1's board, my posting style is the same. I'm to use ornotbitwise's concept, 'right of conservative' but might surprise a bit, as Asshat over there said, I'm really a 'liberal'. :laugh2:

So TM still has the credibility problem in what she wrote about here and me. They can read that thread, they can go through my posts there, (good luck with that!) In any case, while I may have a temper here and there, I haven't here since I returned. Jim knows that, so do those that tried to use the past to make a moral equivalency argument over the weekend. I wasn't the one gunning for a fight.

OCA
11-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Several did, I believe they googled my name and messageboards. No1 removed the usmb url, but not before some of them saw it. Problem for them though, while I did use a different name at No1's board, my posting style is the same. I'm to use ornotbitwise's concept, 'right of conservative' but might surprise a bit, as Asshat over there said, I'm really a 'liberal'. :laugh2:

So TM still has the credibility problem in what she wrote about here and me. They can read that thread, they can go through my posts there, (good luck with that!) In any case, while I may have a temper here and there, I haven't here since I returned. Jim knows that, so do those that tried to use the past to make a moral equivalency argument over the weekend. I wasn't the one gunning for a fight.

I say let em come, so far over there its pretty much a mutual lib admiration society, then there is RWA and then some clown RJS has been reading my posts here and has decided to steal my persona:laugh2:, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

mrg666
11-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I hang to the right.

are we talking balls here dood i got one drops lower :laugh2:

5stringJeff
11-22-2007, 08:54 AM

Welcome ornot. What do you program?

typomaniac
11-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I say let em come, so far over there its pretty much a mutual lib admiration society, then there is RWA and then some clown RJS has been reading my posts here and has decided to steal my persona:laugh2:, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

No person in their right mind would want your persona, let alone want to steal it. :laugh:

Lazarus
11-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Greetings all-

As the title implies, I have been moving around between forums.
I currently also reside @ USPO and DF; under the same name.

My beliefs span the political spectrum, therefore I am able to contribute to most discussions.

I see that this forum also has many non-political sub-forums.

That is good as politics is not my only interest.

Kathianne
11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Greetings all-

My beliefs span the political spectrum, therefore I am able to contribute to most discussions.

Welcome and dive in, here or there!

Abbey Marie
11-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Greetings all-

Welcome, Lazarus. It's great when people get involved in the lower half of the board too.

OCA
11-24-2007, 07:13 PM
No person in their right mind would want your persona, let alone want to steal it. :laugh:

Its #1 in internet downloads, but hey believe whatever you have to in order not to slash your wrists.

Joey
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi, Joey!!!:poke::coffee:

typomaniac
11-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Its #1 in internet downloads, but hey believe whatever you have to in order not to slash your wrists.

I always thought the #1 internet download would be pornographic. :confused:

I'll grant that your persona is that of a sick little fuck, but that's not enough to make it pornography. :D

NATO AIR
01-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Came over from the old USMB days. I've just been honorably discharged from active duty Naval service and am now going to school in NC (cheap cost of living, good educational opportunities, 4 seasons for my wife to be once she arrives in the country). My political beliefs are across the board and evolve in response to personal experience and superior logic and ideas from others. I'm strongly pro-life, anti-torture and am devoted to the Constitution.

I have traveled widely in the past 5 years and served with some of the finest men and women this country has as its citizens. These experiences, as well as meeting countless people abroad who desire America to be a friend and ally again, inform much of what I believe and how I perceive matters today.

Its nice to be a part of the Debate Policy forum. I am eager to learn and interact with the community here.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Welcome, Nato Air. I think I remember you from USMB days...

MtnBiker
01-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Believe it or not I was actually thinking about you the other day, I wonder what had become of you.

Great to have you here Nato Air, welcome back!

Mr. P
01-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Came over from the old USMB days. I've just been honorably discharged from active duty Naval service and am now going to school in NC (cheap cost of living, good educational opportunities, 4 seasons for my wife to be once she arrives in the country). My political beliefs are across the board and evolve in response to personal experience and superior logic and ideas from others. I'm strongly pro-life, anti-torture and am devoted to the Constitution.

I have traveled widely in the past 5 years and served with some of the finest men and women this country has as its citizens. These experiences, as well as meeting countless people abroad who desire America to be a friend and ally again, inform much of what I believe and how I perceive matters today.

Its nice to be a part of the Debate Policy forum. I am eager to learn and interact with the community here.

Very nice to see ya again young man! :salute:

NATO AIR
01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Good to be here... nice to see some very familiar people I remember fondly.

stephanie
01-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow weeeee....so good to see you NATO.
are you gonna be sharing some good pictures that you always took..:cool:

5stringJeff
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM

Welcome back NATO! I was gop_jeff at USMB. Good to see you again! :beer:

NATO AIR
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome back NATO! I was gop_jeff at USMB. Good to see you again! :beer:

And you too, hope you've been well.

82Marine89
01-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Welcome and thanks for your service.

Lee~*
02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi ya'll!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee~* and I'm from Georgia. A friend from another site told me about this one ... Is that you Mr. P? :poke: I guess he thought I might be a worthy opponent for some of ya'll ... LOL! Ok, I do have a few opinions ... but I'm sure I'll get into that later! Anyway, I'm off to find something to bump my head against ... Catch me in the threads! :salute:

Mr. P
02-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi ya'll!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee~* and I'm from Georgia. A friend from another site told me about this one ... Is that you Mr. P? :poke: I guess he thought I might be a worthy opponent for some of ya'll ... LOL! Ok, I do have a few opinions ... but I'm sure I'll get into that later! Anyway, I'm off to find something to bump my head against ... Catch me in the threads! :salute:

You've been mislead, I don't associate with anyone from Georgia!

Nice to see you made it. :cheers2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome home (belatedly) and glad to see ya!

Kathianne
02-12-2008, 11:10 PM

Sure you would post on my birthday! Easy for me to say over a month early. NATO is good man. From ideas to bringing to fruition, though he does tend to mess those up. ;)

manu1959
02-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi ya'll!

welcome......everyones bark is much worse than their bite......some bark loud though so you may need to cover your ears....

Kathianne
02-12-2008, 11:30 PM
welcome......everyones bark is much worse than their bite......some bark loud though so you may need to cover your ears....

What he said, except Manu's bite is worse than his bark. ;)

Lee~*
02-13-2008, 01:44 AM

:coffee: Hummmm ... a challenge! Barking doesn't phase me, I own 3 Jack Russell Terriers! Now biting ... I think I need to know you a little bit better before we progress to biting! :coffee: And Mr. P ... well alrighty then! :laugh2: :poke: This just might be fun! Lee~*

Oh, and LiberalNation ... Watch out, fresh meat may bite back! :slap:

5stringJeff
02-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey Lee!

canavar
02-14-2008, 07:56 PM

Hi.
I came to this board by searching via google for some usernames. 2 of them i found here being active the last days. Have nothing personal ongoing with them but read their posts elsewhere not ever but mostly with joy.
Nato air was one of them i googled.

Can it be, that when you login the statistics of who has been online today is shortened? Because when you are not logged in, the list is much longer and it shows someone i googled also. But when i log in the list it is shortened.

Most of you will not know me, but some people might and maybe remember me as aggressive. I have to say, that to a discussion labeled as aggressive it takes always 2 sides. I am one of those sides, and mostly the other side was some people combined.

I only hope, that this board will proof not to be hardcore, so i can discuss normal. Allthough elsewhere were also people i "liked", but i had always only discussion with 3-4 peoples. And only one really being interested in getting deeper.
I do not write everyday in english forums, so logging in in english forums to diss each other and combat is not quite productive. So a paperhanging-shift is quite logic to begin from new.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 08:02 PM
What he said, except Manu's bite is worse than his bark. ;)

you never complain......

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 08:13 PM
you never complain......

True, you have a nice bite! :laugh2:

jackass
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi.
I only hope, that this board will proof not to be hardcore, so i can discuss normal. Allthough elsewhere were also people i "liked", but i had always only discussion with 3-4 peoples. And only one really being interested in getting deeper.
I do not write everyday in english forums, so logging in in english forums to diss each other and combat is not quite productive. So a paperhanging-shift is quite logic to begin from new.

Hello Canvar,
What ever happens at other boards, stays at other boards. As far as everyone here is concerned you have a clean slate. Most members here are courteous with one another. There are the times where people get at each other but when you deal with people with respect, you usually get it back.
Hope you enjoy the board.

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi.
I came to this board by searching via google for some usernames. 2 of them i found here being active the last days. Have nothing personal ongoing with them but read their posts elsewhere not ever but mostly with joy.
Nato air was one of them i googled.

Can it be, that when you login the statistics of who has been online today is shortened? Because when you are not logged in, the list is much longer and it shows someone i googled also. But when i log in the list it is shortened.

Most of you will not know me, but some people might and maybe remember me as aggressive. I have to say, that to a discussion labeled as aggressive it takes always 2 sides. I am one of those sides, and mostly the other side was some people combined.

Hey there! I know you, like you. Don't always agree with you, but that you know.

Abbey Marie
02-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Welcome Lee & Canavar!

Hey Canavar, were you the guy who was active in the history trivia thread on USMB, before it was sold?

manu1959
02-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Welcome Lee & Canavar!

Hey Canavar, were you the guy who was active in the history trivia thread on USMB, before it was sold?

i seem to recall canavar is from turkey?

Abbey Marie
02-14-2008, 11:34 PM

I think so.

Kathianne
02-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Yep, very nationalistic.

manu1959
02-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Yep, very nationalistic.

not that there is anything wrong with that....

typomaniac
02-14-2008, 11:41 PM

No, dumbass: canavar is fish eggs. ;)

MtnBiker
02-14-2008, 11:50 PM
That might have been funny if the guy's name was caviar.

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 12:35 PM
That might have been funny if the guy's name was caviar.

You're just jealous because you're still smarting from the last time I humiliated you. :D

MtnBiker
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Keep wishing.

typomaniac
02-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Keep wishing.

"For he that hath given up hope hath nothing for which to live." :cool:

Lee~*
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I want to welcome my friend Valdosta to the Forum! Ya'll watch out for him, he's got a quick wit :lol: Go get'm D! Lee~*

jimnyc
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Hiya, Lee. Welcome to DP! And thanks for recommending us to others! :salute:

Did you say you were a friend of Mr. P's? Are you in Georgia too?

The Reverend
02-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Howdy

Introductions hmmm,
Well I am a Conservative independent that likes to debate. I will debate anything from religion to politics. Hope to get to know y'all better.

Personal
Married with two children

retiredman
02-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Howdy

Introductions hmmm,
Well I am a Conservative independent that likes to debate. I will debate anything from religion to politics. Hope to get to know y'all better.

Personal

Welcome Reverend. What denomination?

The Reverend
02-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome Reverend. What denomination?

Non denominational. Belong to the Church God from Anderson Indiana.
http://www.chog.org/

5stringJeff
02-28-2008, 09:07 AM

I grew up in the Churches of Christ, who also call themselves non-denominational. Welcome! :thumb:

retiredman
02-28-2008, 09:19 AM

I grew up and remain a Congregationalist...but we all know that God's mansion has many rooms. Welcome!

Abbey Marie
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Howdy

Introductions hmmm,

Personal

Welcome, Rev. Conservative Independent? You and Jeff might have some things in common.

Intriguing avatar you have there!

Abbey Marie
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I want to welcome my friend Valdosta to the Forum! Ya'll watch out for him, he's got a quick wit :lol: Go get'm D! Lee~*

We will, Lee. Ask V to introduce himself. :salute:

The Reverend
02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome, Rev. Conservative Independent? You and Jeff might have some things in common.

Intriguing avatar you have there!

Thank you all

My Avatar is V from V for Vendetta

Noir
03-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Well a ring a ding ding ladies and gents, I'm Noir, a young liberal from the UK. Very active in debating in both my school and localy which is why i have joined.

JohnDoe
03-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Well a ring a ding ding ladies and gents, I'm Noir, a young liberal from the UK. Very active in debating in both my school and localy which is why i have joined.Welcome! :)

How did you find us? lol

jd (fyi, john doe is Jane Doe's alias....I am a female)

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Well a ring a ding ding ladies and gents, I'm Noir, a young liberal from the UK. Very active in debating in both my school and localy which is why i have joined.

Welcome Noir!

Noir
03-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Welcome! :)

How did you find us? lol

The sites name was mentioned on another forum i'm on, i looked it up and as its not blocked on our filter system (as most political sites are as they are branded as 'forums')

jd (fyi, john doe is Jane Doe's alias....I am a female)

0.o
Fairplay.

typomaniac
03-14-2008, 12:35 PM

You'll have your work cut out for you, mate. This site is full of neo-conservative nutters.

Welcome!

5stringJeff
03-14-2008, 02:27 PM
You'll have your work cut out for you, mate. This site is full of neo-conservative nutters.

Welcome!

If, by "neo-conservative," you mean "to the political right of Karl Marx," then yes, we are all a bunch of righties.

TBT
03-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Just cruising the dp forums&Threads!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Just cruising the dp forums&Threads!

I don't care who you are, waht you do, or what political paryt you are from...I dig the chick in your avatar!!!! WElcome aboard.

jackass
03-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I don't care who you are, waht you do, or what political paryt you are from...I dig the chick in your avatar!!!! WElcome aboard.

I thought it was just me...

Welcome!!

namvet
05-06-2008, 08:04 PM
my name is Gary. I live in the greater KC metro area. born/raised here. if my avatar still works I served in Nam for 4 years with the USN from 1966-1970. ah right. im probably a senior on here. or whatever labels they give em today. my avatar does not represent me but rather the thousands that died in my war. im also a moderate conserv. looks like theres vets on here????
im married. no kidlets. one house cat and 2 stays in the garage. I usually like to post news for comments. this looks like a real busy board. so when i get organized ill do some posting...........Vet

Pale Rider
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM
my name is Gary. I live in the greater KC metro area. born/raised here. if my avatar still works I served in Nam for 4 years with the USN from 1966-1970. ah right. im probably a senior on here. or whatever labels they give em today. my avatar does not represent me but rather the thousands that died in my war. im also a moderate conserv. looks like theres vets on here????
im married. no kidlets. one house cat and 2 stays in the garage. I usually like to post news for comments. this looks like a real busy board. so when i get organized ill do some posting...........Vet

Better register with Mr. P. He keeps track of the board vets.

And welcome aboard. It's great to have another fellow veteran.

Abbey Marie
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Welcome Namvet! We're glad to have you on board. There are indeed several veterans here.

Gaffer
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome namvet, we'll talk later I'm sure.

red states rule
05-07-2008, 08:32 AM

Welcome to the board and thank you for your service

I have 7 cats and I feed the strays outside as well

namvet
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Better register with Mr. P. He keeps track of the board vets.

And welcome aboard. It's great to have another fellow veteran.

mr P ????

namvet
05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
and thank all of you for your welcome.................

Mr. P
05-07-2008, 04:25 PM
mr P ????

You rang?

namvet
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
You rang?

guess im to report to you.................

Mr. P
05-07-2008, 05:01 PM
guess im to report to you.................

Nahhhh that was in another life, I'm just a PFC now. :cheers2:

typomaniac
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Nope. Everybody reports to ME now... And I'm going to make your head hurt in places where you didn't even know it could feel pain! :dev:

Just kidding. Welcome.

namvet
05-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Nope. Everybody reports to ME now... And I'm going to make your head hurt in places where you didn't even know it could feel pain! :dev:

Just kidding. Welcome.

shades of my DI

82Marine89
05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
shades of my DI

Your DI was gay?

BTW, the new fish buys the first round.

Kathianne
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Your DI was gay?

I was thinking chickenshit or stupid, but if gay is what that's been, so be it.

namvet
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Your DI was gay?

no. he ate his young.

namvet
05-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Your DI was gay?

he reminded me a lot of this guy

C1zGjiqV5cE

typomaniac
05-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, around here I'd definitely be a candidate for fragging. (If the partisans could tear themselves away from Sean and Rush long enough...) :laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
One of the best Marine Corps boot camp movies ever made...thank you for that, and welcome to the site.

dread
05-12-2008, 11:33 PM
I guess I better introduce myself...

My name is Drea. I am 39 and have two daughters. One who is a medic in the Navy and the other is going into the Army this August. I used to post on USMB about 4 years ago and just recently got back into posting online. I went looking for my friends on USMB but found they were gone. Luckily I found out about this place by Gunny.

Oh yeah...I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

82Marine89
05-12-2008, 11:35 PM

My name is Drea. I am 39 and have two daughters. One who is a medic in the Navy and the other is going into the Army this August. I used to post on USMB about 4 years ago and just recently got back into posting online. I went looking for my friends on USMB but found they were gone. Luckily I found out about this place by Gunny.

Welcome Drea and thank your girls for their service.

dread
05-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome Drea and thank your girls for their service.

Wait...Is that your sausage fucking your hash browns in your avatar?

red states rule
05-13-2008, 06:05 AM

Welcome

I as well want to thank your daughters for their service

manu1959
05-13-2008, 01:18 PM
bump..........

AllieBaba
05-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Hola. I introduced myself in a separate thread. This looks like a fun site.

Abbey Marie
05-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Welcome, Allie. :salute: We do have fun here...

red states rule
05-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Glad to have you here Allie

dread
05-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Actually it is...This place has got some good old fashion pervs to play with. Not the stuffy shit we're used to.
Although I daresay I feel ripped that you got three people who want to inspect your boobs ( I mean see your pics) and I think I only got one....

Maybe I'll go start another "it's all about me thread".

82Marine89
05-13-2008, 10:48 PM
Actually it is...This place has got some good old fashion pervs to play with. Not the stuffy shit we're used to.
Although I daresay I feel ripped that you got three people who want to inspect your boobs ( I mean see your pics) and I think I only got one....

Maybe I'll go start another "it's all about me thread".

I want to see your boobies. :boobies:

dread
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Here you go

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/manzire%20boobs.jpg

82Marine89
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
That's just not right.

dread
05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
WHAaaaat?

Whats wrong with my titties? ;)

Trigg
05-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Here you go

Looks like someone started hormone treatment and then ran out of money. We should all pitch in and get him a manssiere.

To all the new people, even the libs, WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Mr. P
05-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Here you go

Yer French or German? :poke:

dread
05-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Yer French or German? :poke:

Both. Cant you tell?

hjmick
05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Ah crap, I didn't need to see that...

Gadget (fmr Marine)
05-16-2008, 08:55 AM

Rupert Holmes

dread
05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Rupert Holmes

Not really an endorsement for him but rather a queasiness to intoductions that make me feel I am interviewing for a date.

h.rapbrown
06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I thought that I would branch out and join another chat site to bring my message of love and friendship around the internet that Gore helped establish. I hope to engage in many good discussions over the next few months here as the election nears. The answer that I most seek is why after these last 8 years, in particular, would anybody still be a republican? I'm sure that I will be blessed with many a reply, huh?

I'm from Michigan. I love sports of all kinds and am an avid golfer. I am a gun owner and love hunting and possess many survivor skills.

I am married, 39 years, to the same woman and we have one son living in Chicago.

Shout out to my buddy GW in Ohio.

hjmick
06-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Would that be the Internet that Gore helped establish, or the message of love and friendship?

Welcome to the board. Good luck.

Trigg
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
The answer that I most seek is why after these last 8 years, in particular, would anybody still be a republican? I'm sure that I will be blessed with many a reply, huh?

Why would anyone still want to be a republican??

Because even if I disagree with where Bush has lead this country my values have not changed.

1. I disagree with amnesty
2. People should be held responsible for their own bad decisions instead of expecting the gov. to bail them out.
3. We already have to many social programs. Instead of dems thinking up more they need to start encouraging people to provide for themselves.
4. I also disagree with abortion being used as birth control.

Instead we have liberal states forcing people to get health insurance.

welcome to the board

h.rapbrown
06-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Didn't Reagan institute a amnesty plan that allowed millions into the country? Wasn't he a republican? And as far as people being held responsible for their own actions....you mean like our bankruptcy laws and the government bail out of large corporations? And if people aren't being held responsible for their actions how come we have so many people in prison? Somebody is getting something, huh? And we really do need social programs with Bush losing so many jobs and good jobs to boot. All this waste and fraud over the past 8 years ain't going to the poor. And as far as abortion goes....I don't think people really use it as a birth control. Wouldn't you rather buy a pack of Trojans for a couple of bucks rather than go to the clinic and pay $500? As far as I'm concerned abortions should be more readily available and used more often. What this planet doesn't need is more people. 'Keep them safe and frequent'....that's my motto.

Abbey Marie
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
As far as I'm concerned abortions should be more readily available and used more often. What this planet doesn't need is more people. 'Keep them safe and frequent'....that's my motto.

Oh lordy.