PDA

View Full Version : hjmick

Kathianne
09-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Hope you all come thru the next few days safe and dry.

STTAB
09-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Hope you all come thru the next few days safe and dry.
is he on the east coast? Prayers, stay safe

Kathianne
09-04-2019, 02:18 PM
is he on the east coast? Prayers, stay safe
Charleston

hjmick
09-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Thanks, guys...

Just outside of Charleston, SC STTAB, for about 7 years now.

So far just over 1/2" of rain, though I suspect there is more to come... They say the brunt of the storm will hit late tonight into tomorrow.

Got plenty of food, gas for the generator, booze, and I am prepared to defend what's mind should people lose their shit and the need arises...

High_Plains_Drifter
09-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Thanks, guys...

Just outside of Charleston, SC STTAB, for about 7 years now.

So far just over 1/2" of rain, though I suspect there is more to come... They say the brunt of the storm will hit late tonight into tomorrow.

Got plenty of food, gas for the generator, booze, and I am prepared to defend what's mind should people lose their shit and the need arises...
Yeah my Service Manager when I worked at Reno Harley Davidson was from N.C., and has since moved back to Myrtle Beach. He weather out the last hurricane that hit the Carolina's too.

Hope you guys only get a sideways glance. Sounds like you're prepared.

Elessar
09-04-2019, 07:45 PM
When I rode out a few in NJ, including monsterous Nor'Easters
I had plenty of candles, oil lamps, and propane for my camp stove.

Still have that to this day for monster storms that push down from the Gulf of Alaska
or earthquakes.

STTAB
09-05-2019, 07:47 AM
When I rode out a few in NJ, including monsterous Nor'Easters
I had plenty of candles, oil lamps, and propane for my camp stove.

Still have that to this day for monster storms that push down from the Gulf of Alaska
or earthquakes.

Around here it's tornadoes one has to be prepared for. They can ruin your day for sure.

hjmick
09-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Well that was fun...

Power went out around 4:15am... turned the generator on around 10:00 or 11:00, powered the refrigerator, television and satellite box, refilled the generator around 6:00pm and started it, walked back in to the house... and the power was back on...

So far just about 7" of rain since yesterday, winds peaked at my place at around 34mph, might have lost one shingle.

All in all, can't complain.

Supposed to be sunny, hot, and humid tomorrow. Almost like it never happened...

Edit: Can't say I missed the Interwebs... or my cell phone.

Kathianne
09-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Well that was fun...

Power went out around 4:15am... turned the generator on around 10:00 or 11:00, powered the refrigerator, television and satellite box, refilled the generator around 6:00pm and started it, walked back in to the house... and the power was back on...

So far just about 7" of rain since yesterday, winds peaked at my place at around 34mph, might have lost one shingle.

All in all, can't complain.

Supposed to be sunny, hot, and humid tomorrow. Almost like it never happened...

Edit: Can't say I missed the Interwebs... or my cell phone.

Glad you weathered that storm! (Couldn't resist). Seriously glad that everyone, outside of the Bahamas did so well. Tough storm where it really hit.

STTAB
09-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Glad you're okay.

STTAB
09-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Seem I'm not ALWAYS an asshole LOL:dance: