PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a pop-up camper!!!!

Nukeman
09-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Anyone out there who lives within 500 miles of Northern Indiana know a good used pop-up camper for sale.

My wife and I have been looking for about 3 months and are having a hard time finding a good one for a reasonable price!

If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it..

Thanks,

Mr. P
09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Anyone out there who lives within 500 miles of Northern Indiana know a good used pop-up camper for sale.

My wife and I have been looking for about 3 months and are having a hard time finding a good one for a reasonable price!

If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it..

Thanks,

The farther south you go the more there are...good deals too.

MtnBiker
09-05-2007, 06:40 PM
Good luck with that Nukeman. I have one (not about to sell it) and love it.

Have you looked on Ebay?

Nukeman
09-05-2007, 06:47 PM
The farther south you go the more there are...good deals too.
I have noticed that as well as upstate New York. Bit far to drive but if the price is right I may....:cheers2:

Nukeman
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Good luck with that Nukeman. I have one (not about to sell it) and love it.

Have you looked on Ebay?Yaa I look on there everyday but not a whole lot of selection in the price range I'm looking at plus those idiots on ebay take something that should sell reasonably and bid the hell out of it, also i like to look at the items to make sure there isn't anything hidden. you can only see so much i a picture if yaa know what I mean...:cheers2:

MtnBiker
09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Well I was lucky, found one locally at an RV dealer. He was selling it on consignment for a friend. The camper had only been used 3 times, it was practically brand new.

Nukeman
09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Well I was lucky, found one locally at an RV dealer. He was selling it on consignment for a friend. The camper had only been used 3 times, it was practically brand new.Those are hard to come by because when the dealer gets ahold of them they really raise the price!!! I went int a dealer by me and they had JUNK and I mean JUNK and wanted a premium for it. My wife and I just shook our heads and left and said good luck gettin that price for that....:laugh2:

MtnBiker
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Yup, I know what you mean. I probably looked at dozen of campers before I ran across that one. One I looked at was owned by hyppies, it was panted with flowers and rainbows.

Nukeman
09-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Yup, I know what you mean. I probably looked at dozen of campers before I ran across that one. One I looked at was owned by hyppies, it was panted with flowers and rainbows.We looked at one about 2 weeks ago and I swear someone died in it it smelled sooo bad.. I dont know what people are thinking with these things it doesn't take a rocket scientist to TAKE CARE OF YOU STUFF....

Mr. P
09-05-2007, 07:40 PM
How about autotrader? They have an RV-trader as well.

PostmodernProphet
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
stay away from auctions!......when the kids were younger we decided we wanted a pop-up.....then one day I went to an auction and there was a motor home for sale.....it ran good, sort of dirty......somebody opened the bid at $3000, I raised it to $3250.....and.....total silence.....

had to call the wife and say.....I need you to pick up the car, I just bought a motor home.....again, total silence.....

in the end it worked out pretty well.....we used it for about eight years and sold it for $2400

darin
09-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Check your local Criagslist? I found out we can rent them (trailers, boats, etc) from work. Hard to beat $40/night for a pop-up, or $80 for a ~20ft trailer, only the days I need it vs. Buying something. Although I REALLY want a trailer...and a boat...