PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Timeline

Kathianne
09-07-2019, 10:32 AM
https://timeline.911memorial.org/?fbclid=IwAR3YhlbG4_iEiRTG1XuluYxiU71-ykBamUbchV0lFuIRx-7T0i73M5E3joY#Timeline/2/AudioEntry/535

Elessar
09-08-2019, 06:06 PM
That still bugs me to this day.

Kathianne
09-08-2019, 06:12 PM
That still bugs me to this day.

9/11? Yeah, it pisses me off, a lot! I haven't forgotten.

Elessar
09-08-2019, 06:21 PM
9/11? Yeah, it pisses me off, a lot! I haven't forgotten.

I will never forget and definitely never forgive.
As stated in another thread, 3/4 of our Reserves at Station Fort Totten NY were NYPD and NYFD.
The anguish they must have felt had to be terrible.

Kathianne
09-08-2019, 06:26 PM
As stated in another thread, 3/4 of our Reserves at Station Fort Totten NY were NYPD and NYFD.

Totally agree. It's why I can't get the justification for negotiating with the Taliban, much less even entertaining the idea of honoring them coming to Camp David. These are evil people, with hate in their hearts toward US.

SassyLady
09-09-2019, 01:23 AM
My husband called me early that day and told me to turn on TV. As a military wife sitting there I can tell you I knew my world had just done a 180. I was sick to my stomach for next 3 years ... first year waiting for him to be mobilized and the 2nd year worried about when he would be home. The third year worried about him ... he lost 3 men from his unit.

Kathianne
09-09-2019, 01:26 AM
My husband called me early that day and told me to turn on TV. As a military wife sitting there I can tell you I knew my world had just done a 180. I was sick to my stomach for next 3 years ... first year waiting for him to be mobilized and the 2nd year worried about when he would be home. The third year worried about him ... he lost 3 men from his unit.
Thank you for all that you went through, the families give service too and should always get our gratitude. Hugs!

STTAB
09-09-2019, 08:36 AM
I remember exactly where I was that day. I remember a few days later how surreal it was to be in uniform and armed to guard an airport in Arkansas.

I remember being sent to the ME a second time in my career

I will never forget. To this day and for the rest of my life I will never trust another Muslim, it's just the way it is.

Drummond
09-09-2019, 09:13 AM

In my humble opinion (& to the extent I should hold it, as a non-American !) ... I don't think forgetting &/or forgiving should ever be an option.

The terrorism responsible for the 9/11 atrocities, and for that matter, all terrorism remotely of that type or origin, should receive permanent opposition. The terrorists acted to take on America (& the West in general, I'd argue) as an act of war. It's a war which should have a victor. Efforts to defeat those enemies who identify with that war .. should, in my view, never end, until they're totally and irrevocably defeated.

Elessar
09-09-2019, 10:28 AM
In my humble opinion (& to the extent I should hold it, as a non-American !) ... I don't think forgetting &/or forgiving should ever be an option.

The terrorism responsible for the 9/11 atrocities, and for that matter, all terrorism remotely of that type or origin, should receive permanent opposition. The terrorists acted to take on America (& the West in general, I'd argue) as an act of war. It's a war which should have a victor. Efforts to defeat those enemies who identify with that war .. should, in my view, never end, until they're totally and irrevocably defeated.

It was not just USA citizens that were killed that day.

There were people from dozens of nations killed, so it is easy
to see it as a global attack.

STTAB
09-09-2019, 10:44 AM
It was not just USA citizens that were killed that day.

There were people from dozens of nations killed, so it is easy
to see it as a global attack.

It was absolutely a global attack. Those towers were symbols of the power of Western society, not of the power of the United States alone. Those who perpetrated the attack said as much themselves.

jimnyc
09-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Told my story many times here. I was in NYC working that day. While we didn't know what else was going to hit where, I worked at 58th and 5th and was plenty away from the WTC area. BUT was close enough that as when things went to a standstill initially, I walked out to the middle of 5th avenue and looked south and saw the burning and smoking towers from where I was, so still close enough. And for a tad, you would hear airplanes above and it would scare the bejeezus out of you. Then all the air traffic stopped - and then we start hearing the fighter jets flying back and forth above us. I had no idea if we were at some kind of war or not. I just wanted AWAY and back to my 1 year old son at home. But all ports of entry closed and traffic a standstill and not many options. I had to travel up to the Harlem area and find a small bridge over into the Bronx area and then go in and out of smaller highways and local roads until finally I saw clear roads and got home. I had met my wife in the city as she works there too. So we drove home together. Would normally take me 30-60 minutes daily depending on traffic getting out of the city. Took 4 hours just to get up to and across a small bridge into the Bronx. We sat listening to the news on the radio in shock. Then finally home and sat on the internet reading everything I could to find out what was going on as well. Crazy day. My 2 best friends both lived in NJ and when we said goodbyes, they had to walk from 57th all the way across town and then down towards all the boats, and wait and wait and finally get a boat across to Jersey. But then what? One needed to get to Clifton and the other lived down the shore. Lots of walking for them and getting to the Hoboken train system I guess. Wifey's company had a meeting there that day but her partners were a part of it and not her. Not real real close to them, but worked with them nonetheless. Never saw them again. I had a tech friend from another company who would fix printers and he was working in the WTC that day, only he never actually even made it to the city yet, he was on the train north coming to the City when it happened. He was about 30 minutes away from arrival.

My weird connection was the interview and job offer I got, and the management chasing me to come work there a few years back. I didn't like the location of downtown and decided against. The company was Cantor Fitzgerald. I would go there often in the past to work on the electronics of the smoke eating machines in company break rooms before they disallowed that too. Then oddly enough, I met them again as a field technician with computers, and the guy still liked me. I was in one of the vice presidents offices for the interview - and the bastard even encouraged me to stand on the air conditioning system and get close to the window and enjoy the view. You could FEEL the building move a little! It was the 104th floor where they were located. That was the last straw, no way I work in a place feeling the damn building moving!!! But let's face it, at that time of the morning? No doubt I would have been outside for an hour getting coffee from the little stand and smoking a ton before 9-9:30 when the management would start pouring in (at least the law firm where I worked was like that). So I think I may have been a lucky one. But, never took the job and was a few miles north of there.

But no fu*&ing way I ever forget that day, forget who did it to us, who celebrated, who still celebrate today, who supports radicals and who the sympathizers are. I will never forget or forgive them. Not ever happening.

Kathianne
09-09-2019, 11:16 AM

I've been saying just that, from the get go. Being for a good conclusion doesn't mean nation building, it means getting the bad guys dead or at minimum, on the run. It doesn't mean treating the self-professed enemy a co-signer to a deal.