PDA

View Full Version : I feel So TECH savy...

darin
09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
:)

Sitting here watching Feasting on Asphalt while surfin the net on my new (used) laptop (Asus 1.9Ghz, 512MB, $300)

I'm so billgates.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
How's the laptop? Seriously, I just got a brochure in the mailbox (junk mail but I read through it before it hits the recycle bin) and saw some ads for Asus notebooks. I KNOW it's a lot more than our $A equivalent of 300 greenbacks though, but I wondered how it drove for you. I need to get one pretty soon for work (not regular work, my own work) and I'm buggered if I'm going to spend $2k even if it's the South Pacific Peso (aka Aussie dollar) that I'm paying.

I'd only want it for internet use and for use in learning and development (not death by powerpoint, real teaching, not showing whizzy slides).

darin
09-05-2007, 10:21 PM
How's the laptop? Seriously, I just got a brochure in the mailbox (junk mail but I read through it before it hits the recycle bin) and saw some ads for Asus notebooks. I KNOW it's a lot more than our $A equivalent of 300 greenbacks though, but I wondered how it drove for you. I need to get one pretty soon for work (not regular work, my own work) and I'm buggered if I'm going to spend $2k even if it's the South Pacific Peso (aka Aussie dollar) that I'm paying.

I'd only want it for internet use and for use in learning and development (not death by powerpoint, real teaching, not showing whizzy slides).

I dunno - works just fine for me. I bought it from my brother who had it a year? or so. He's my Tech Guy so...I trust him. I know Asus is good people; I know ppl who do business with them. I know bootdaily.com had some asus reviews.

Also -Cp knows A LOT about puters; I can't think of anyone I've met online who knows more. :)

Sorry - I'm not much of a help. :(

shattered
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Alton Brown's a riot.. :)

darin
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
He's the best tv cook-type host out there :)

diuretic
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I dunno - works just fine for me. I bought it from my brother who had it a year? or so. He's my Tech Guy so...I trust him. I know Asus is good people; I know ppl who do business with them. I know bootdaily.com had some asus reviews.

Also -Cp knows A LOT about puters; I can't think of anyone I've met online who knows more. :)

Sorry - I'm not much of a help. :(

That works for me, I wasn't familiar with the brand but when I saw them in the catalogue I thought they looked like good value for what I need. I mean I don't need to run huge games on it, just keep it for my other line of work. Thanks for that.

Kathianne
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Hey Darin, I'm feeling pretty cool too. Got a new keyboard, sealed. No more ashes and tobacco to fall in. ;)

I've got me a double click mouse, that works with my G5 and a 4gb flash. I'm flashing ya! :laugh2:

jafar00
09-06-2007, 04:02 AM
I've got an Asus W1N laptop. Asus is good quality and thoroughly recommended.

diuretic
09-06-2007, 04:05 AM
I've got an Asus W1N laptop. Asus is good quality and thoroughly recommended.

Thanks jafar, I had another look at the catalogue today and they do look like a nice unit. I have to admit I prefer a pc with the full size keyboard as I'm a touch typist and I find when I'm using a notebook my fingers don't find the keys as well as they do on a keyboard separated from the computer. But I do need a notebook/laptop because in learning and development it's a must.

Yurt
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM

Sitting here watching Feasting on Asphalt while surfin the net on my new (used) laptop (Asus 1.9Ghz, 512MB, $300)

I'm so billgates.

at least no mention of skivvies :lol:

btw, if the LP is new, how are you running WV on 512?

darin
09-07-2007, 03:51 PM
btw, if the LP is new, how are you running WV on 512?

I'm so billgates.

I bought it from my brother who had it a year? or so. He's my Tech Guy so...

;)

It's not new. I have no puters, desktop or lt, running wv.

Yurt
09-07-2007, 04:23 PM
;)

It's not new. I have no puters, desktop or lt, running wv.

ooops

Hagbard Celine
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, I just bought a new laptop too! And I got a deal on an ipod and a printer too! Yeah!

Yurt
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey, I just bought a new laptop too! And I got a deal on an ipod and a printer too! Yeah!

So what do you think of WV? I am not convinced to switch yet.