PDA

View Full Version : Luciano Pavarotti has died

KarlMarx
09-06-2007, 02:18 AM
ROME (AP)—Luciano Pavarotti, whose vibrant high C's and ebullient showmanship made him one the most beloved tenors, has died, his manager told The Associated Press. He was 71. Pavarotti had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and underwent further treatment in August 2007.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8RFOHKG0&show_article=1&cat=0

This is quite sad, Lucianno Pavarotti was, perhaps, the best tenor since Enrico Caruso. RIP

diuretic
09-06-2007, 03:11 AM
It's very sad.

As far as tenors go though, Jussi Bjoerling was my favourite but of course Pavarotti was superb (I don't know anything about the technicalities, I just appreciate the voice and the music).

KarlMarx
09-06-2007, 05:56 AM
It's very sad.

As far as tenors go though, Jussi Bjoerling was my favourite but of course Pavarotti was superb (I don't know anything about the technicalities, I just appreciate the voice and the music).
I'm not a big opera fan myself, but he was very good.
I have a recording of "La Boheme" that he made back in the 1970s. He was a great Rudolfo.

diuretic
09-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I think I saw an excerpt of him singing in La Boheme on the news this evening. It was in black and white so it must have been a while ago. I think he may have just finished Che Gelida Manina from the sound of it, I was getting dinner so I missed most of it.

Sono un poeta. And so you were Maestro Pavarotti, and so you were.