PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson finally announces run

KarlMarx
09-06-2007, 03:02 AM
At 7:57 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday, while taping "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" for broadcast later in the evening, Fred Thompson finally said: "I'm running for president of the United States"

The studio audience responded with thunderous applause.

Thompson rejected the notion that he has waited too long to get into the race for the White House.

remainder of article at....

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/5665.html

theHawk
09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Hoot, somebody that can beat Hitlery!

KarlMarx
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Hoot, somebody that can beat Hitlery!
I certainly hope so... and conservative to boot

Gaffer
09-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I have liked Thompson from the git go. Just by the way he answered questions. Providing that doesn't change and he keeps to his original stands I can go with him. If he starts answering yes and no questions like the others with well...ahhh... then my mind will change real fast.

I want straight up simply answers, you do or you don't, you will or you won't. Any politican that takes more than five seconds to answer a yes or no question is not worth voting for.

gabosaurus
09-06-2007, 11:58 AM
*yawn* Thompson is no better than the rest. Though I believe his actual true conservative beliefs will make him a better choice for Republicans.

-Cp
09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Here's the clip from Leno:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWMIh7a5mRw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FWMIh7a5mRw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Gunny
09-07-2007, 05:56 AM
*yawn* Thompson is no better than the rest. Though I believe his actual true conservative beliefs will make him a better choice for Republicans.

Sure he is. He's an actual conservative who doesn't tap-dance to questions nor try to provide politically correct answers. That puts him head and shoulders above every other candidate on both sides.

KarlMarx
09-07-2007, 06:42 AM
1. He comes across as an intelligent, thoughtful person
2. He comes across as someone who is comfortable in front of a camera and is a straight talker
3. He has conservative ideas on the constitution and the government
4. He annoys the hell out of liberals and democrats....

I can't wait till he beats the panties of Der Slickmeistress in the '08 election.

bullypulpit
09-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Funny, he doesn't look a thing like Reagan...And given today's climate, it would seem likely that Reagan wouldn't be conservative enough for the current crop of self-proclaimed conservatives.

bullypulpit
09-07-2007, 06:50 AM
1. He comes across as an intelligent, thoughtful person
2. He comes across as someone who is comfortable in front of a camera and is a straight talker
3. He annoys the hell out of liberals and democrats....

I can't wait till he beats the panties of Der Slickmeistress in the '08 election.

In answer to point 1:

<blockquote>"...new transcripts from the Nixon White House tapes reveal that the Nixon administration regarded Thompson as a useful idiot -- 'dumb as hell,' in President Nixon's words, but 'friendly'..." <a href=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3447219&page=1>ABC News</a></blockquote>

"Intelligent" and "thoughtful" are not adjectives often associated with him.

Point 2: Of course he's comfortable in front of a camera...He's an ACTOR you dolt. In fact, that's the only similarity between himself and Reagan.

Point 3: Thompson, like the rest of the Republican field except for Ron Paul, is Bush redux...That's enough to piss off the Pope.

Gunny
09-07-2007, 06:55 AM
In answer to point 1:

<blockquote>"...new transcripts from the Nixon White House tapes reveal that the Nixon administration regarded Thompson as a useful idiot -- 'dumb as hell,' in President Nixon's words, but 'friendly'..." <a href=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3447219&page=1>ABC News</a></blockquote>

"Intelligent" and "thoughtful" are not adjectives often associated with him.

Point 2: Of course he's comfortable in front of a camera...He's an ACTOR you dolt. In fact, that's the only similarity between himself and Reagan.

Point 3: Thompson, like the rest of the Republican field except for Ron Paul, is Bush redux...That's enough to piss off the Pope.

:lol:Wow, how desperate is quoting Nixon from 35 years ago?

theHawk
09-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey bully you ever decide to tell us your choice for President? I'm sure whoever it is must be a saint.

Gunny
09-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Hey bully you ever decide to tell us your choice for President? I'm sure whoever it is must be a saint.

Never can tell with bully. He likes to play the disgruntled lib, but I think it's more a Bush-hating thing than actually liking libs.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2007, 08:39 AM

Very desperate. And also indicative of fear of Thompson's eventual success.

bullypulpit
09-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Desperation...? Hardly...Just pointing out that some things never change.

Gunny
09-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Desperation...? Hardly...Just pointing out that some things never change.

Never mind the evidence otherwise, huh? Maybe you don't like a guy that says what's he's thinking and doesn't bullshit around about ... why, that would be honest.:cheers2:

09-07-2007, 10:12 PM

still better than the Democrat side.