PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Has Cardiac Event

Kathianne
10-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Warren should really pull ahead now. Stents, which is no biggie for someone his age, but for the President wanna be? Cancel events until further notice:

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/10/bernie-sanders-cancels-campaign-events-notice-hospitalized/

Abbey Marie
10-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Warren should really pull ahead now. Stents, which is no biggie for someone his age, but for the President wanna be? Cancel events until further notice:

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/10/bernie-sanders-cancels-campaign-events-notice-hospitalized/

He will probably be fine, but will have to adjust to blood thinner meds, and may need to spend time doing cardiac rehab. Physically he should be fine, but mentally it’s not a good time for the stress of a campaign.

Kathianne
10-02-2019, 10:19 AM
He will probably be fine, but will have to adjust to blood thinner meds, and may need to spend time doing cardiac rehab. Physically he should be fine, but mentally it’s not a good time for the stress of a campaign.

Indeed. I've had friends, ;) that have undergone this procedure and they are still kicking rears! However, the pressure most 60, 70, much less 80 something year olds are under, is a tad different than at the level of the leader of the free world.

pete311
10-02-2019, 10:47 AM
Honestly I am wary of electing a president near 80.

jimnyc
10-02-2019, 11:03 AM
All weird hair nonsense aside, and he should place his health above the campaign. I don't like his agendas, but I have zero desire to see any harm done to the man.

I wish this didn't help another candidate, as in Warren, during a campaign, but it is what it is.

STTAB
10-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Speedy recovery Bernie

But you're a lying scumbag.

STTAB
10-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Honestly I am wary of electing a president near 80.

One must really wonder why without special permission military members and such must retire at age 62, but members of Congress, the President, and SCOTUS members have no such retirement age.

Elessar
10-02-2019, 01:03 PM
I do not care much for Bernie, but do wish him well.
He has only had a shadow's chance of being nominated.

I cannot say the same for other contenders though.

Elessar
10-02-2019, 01:04 PM
One must really wonder why without special permission military members and such must retire at age 62, but members of Congress, the President, and SCOTUS members have no such retirement age.

I retired at 62, but was not forced to do it.
I kind of figured 37 years was enough for me!:laugh:

I was a GS-11 when I hit six-two, but was not subject to
mandatory retirement such as active duty, except for flag officers, were.