PDA

View Full Version : Should Senators Running for President Recuse Themselves from Impeachment Trial?

jimnyc
10-02-2019, 11:31 AM
This brings up an interesting question, which of course will be divided right down the middle as usual.

My first thought is - of course not. My instant second thought is that they have already found him guilty, as it would help them. But it's a numbers game, as you wouldn't be able to take those votes away, even if you could find a way to get rid of them. And in the end, does it really matter? The replacements would be lefties, and we know how that goes. I couldn't imagine more than 2 out of 1000 lefties WOULDN'T find him guilty - before any trial ever started, before ever seeing any evidence, and kinda like the lefties did prior to and after the 2016 election.

But this does still make for an interesting question and discussion. Probably nothing anyway, but still a decent thought.

---

Should Senators Running for President Recuse Themselves from Impeachment Trial?

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) questioned Wednesday whether Democrat senators running for president should recuse themselves from a possible impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, suggesting it serves as a possible conflict of interest.

Rep. Massie, a member of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, wrote Wednesday whether 2020 Democrat presidential candidates in the Senate have a “conflict of interest” when it comes to a potential impeachment of President Trump.

Congressman Massie asked rhetorically, “Don’t senators running for POTUS have a conflict of interest regarding possible impeachment of an opponent? Shouldn’t they recuse themselves if it came to the Senate??

https://i.imgur.com/uTJq72G.png

He added, “Wouldn’t anyone so positioned against a defendant be barred from serving as a judge or jury in a court of law?”

Several leading Democrat presidential candidates and senators have come out in favor of impeaching President Trump, including Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Cory Booker (D-NJ), Amy Klobucar (D-MN) have all come in favor of impeachment.

The congressman’s contention might suggest that the Democrat senators might have a conflict of interest in that their support for impeaching President Trump might further their chances for becoming president of the United States.

Rep. Massie’s tweet arises as House Oversight Republicans have continued to rail against House Democrats’ efforts to target State Department officials regarding their impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

House Oversight and Reform Committee ranking member Jim Jordan (R-OH) said Tuesday that Democrats have continued to engage in “abusive targeting” of State Department officials.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/02/thomas-massie-should-democrat-senators-running-for-president-recuse-from-impeaching-trump/

STTAB
10-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Doesn't this idiot realize that they are Democrats? Democrats never need recuse.

But Lindsey Graham had Russian dressing on his salad last night, so obviously he would need to recuse himself.

pete311
10-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Sure, once Barr recuses

STTAB
10-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Sure, once Barr recuses

From what, and for what reason troll boy?

jimnyc
10-02-2019, 11:48 AM
One liners continue to soldier on as well. Can't handle any arguments. Hell, not even really a full sentence. No desire to discuss, just crap tossing. And then disappearing time and time and time and time again when each and every last thing you talk about fails. Every last thing. Then disappearance or on to the next failure. But no discussion.

And why? If one has a solid position, then there are things to discuss. But when it's bullshit, it's easier to toss out shit bombs, gotchas and one liners.

Elessar
10-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Sure, once Barr recuses

You just do not give up with your idiotic one word or one short line responses, do you?

How about some narrative to go along with your replies? Are you afraid that mature verbal
discourse will reveal you to be a one-way mental midget?

STTAB
10-02-2019, 12:30 PM
You just do not give up with your idiotic one word or one short line responses, do you?

How about some narrative to go along with your replies? Are you afraid that mature verbal
discourse will reveal you to be a one-way mental midget?

I used to believe that Pete was smart, just misguided. No more. He's as dumb as the rest of the partisan dipshits out there.