PDA

View Full Version : British see Global warming as scam to tax more

09-06-2007, 04:47 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=479572&in_page_id=1770

Relevant portions of the text:

And a poll by YouGov for the group showed that nearly two-thirds of people think politicians are using the green issue as an excuse to pull in more cash.

And what do you know... it is.

diuretic
09-06-2007, 05:19 AM
Prove it.

Monkeybone
09-06-2007, 07:40 AM
prove that it ain't

82Marine89
09-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Prove it.

How do you know that we haven't been doing such a great job of controlling the amounts of particulates that have been released into the atmosphere that we haven't inadvertently caused to earth's crust to warm a degree or two by increasing the amount of solar radiation that reaches the earth's surface? Then again, maybe it's one of those pesky 10,000 year cycles that happened to occur while we were alive?

diuretic
09-06-2007, 09:06 AM
prove that it ain't

:laugh2:

diuretic
09-06-2007, 09:08 AM
How do you know that we haven't been doing such a great job of controlling the amounts of particulates that have been released into the atmosphere that we haven't inadvertently caused to earth's crust to warm a degree or two by increasing the amount of solar radiation that reaches the earth's surface? Then again, maybe it's one of those pesky 10,000 year cycles that happened to occur while we were alive?

I don't, but then I'm not a scientist and in any case if I were a scientist I'd probably look at your challenge and think....WTF? Science doesn't work that way, but never mind, in the real world things are bubbling along, the politicians are taking notice and hopefully we're not too late in actually getting off our collective arse and doing something about climate change.

theHawk
09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't, but then I'm not a scientist and in any case if I were a scientist I'd probably look at your challenge and think....WTF? Science doesn't work that way, but never mind, in the real world things are bubbling along, the politicians are taking notice and hopefully we're not too late in actually getting off our collective arse and doing something about climate change.

And what exactly are we supposed to do? The earth has been getting warmer since the last ice age, just as it does after every ice age. Glaciers have been melting since the last ice age. You believe we can stop this natural cycle?

Monkeybone
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
with the pollticies jumping onboard GlobWarmn is them just going along with the 'public hippie voive' .ie, going where the votes are.

now, do we need to be a little cleaner? yes i think in some areas we do. could we just be going through another cold cycle..yes i think that we are. could it be what we are doing...maybe. could it be that it ain't like we are on a perfect orbit and the world don't tilt...maybe that too. are we gonna boil to death? more than likely no, or atleast not in my life time.

do we even have the technology to do anything about it? yah we know it is there and can do things to slow it down...but other than that what can we do?

09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Prove it.

I already quoted the portion of the article which stated 2/3s of the british population thought that global warming was being used as an excuse to tax them. What more proof do you want?