PDA

View Full Version : Gowdy on Schiff's interaction with the whistleblower

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2019, 11:40 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gowdy-schiffs-interaction-whistleblower-234042847.html

Politics
Gowdy on Schiff's interaction with the whistleblower
FOX News Videos 16 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Schiff called out for false claim about whistleblower; former House Oversight Committee chairman and Fox News contributor Trey Gowdy reacts

Gowdy in the video nails the dem vermin..-Tyr

Elessar
10-05-2019, 01:35 PM
I viewed that early this morning.

One thing about Gowdy is that he is blunt, to the point, and rarely excitable.

pete311
10-05-2019, 02:22 PM
So what? Trump has admitted to everything. You guys are behind.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2019, 02:34 PM

petey at age 7 I had a pet turtle that was smarter than you are now.
Which is kinda sad but reality often sucks-even tho' you are too dumb to even realize it..---Tyr

jimnyc
10-05-2019, 02:40 PM

He has "admitted" to nothing. He provided what was necessary and then some - now what the Dems expected. Then all of their lies came spilling out.

The only one busted here is a whole bunch more of Democrats, starting with Schiff, and of course you ignore every last bit - so you are a complete waste to try and have any type of discussion with. I assume we'll get more clarity when the democrats have a vote in the house, and then we see ALL the information. They can't avoid the vote.

jimnyc
10-05-2019, 02:42 PM
petey at age 7 I had a pet turtle that was smarter than you are now.
Which is kinda sad but reality often sucks-even tho' you are too dumb to even realize it..---Tyr

Turtles are pretty smart little buggers, and then some when compared to the left. And some of them are still alive from when you were 7! But 3/4 of a lobotomized rat would explain a lot. The nervous tick explaining the one track mind and also the inability to even comprehend more than a child anything else. So you may be onto something. :)

Elessar
10-05-2019, 05:49 PM

I do not like one-liners, but I will use one in response:

"You are a pathetic, blinded liberal that has no vision of the entire forest for the trees."

When will you grow up and look at both sides of an issue? I say you never will
because you are a whining spoon-pounding brat. Get your feelings hurt, lash out with
obscene talk.

You are worthless.

STTAB
10-07-2019, 08:12 AM
He has "admitted" to nothing. He provided what was necessary and then some - now what the Dems expected. Then all of their lies came spilling out.

The only one busted here is a whole bunch more of Democrats, starting with Schiff, and of course you ignore every last bit - so you are a complete waste to try and have any type of discussion with. I assume we'll get more clarity when the democrats have a vote in the house, and then we see ALL the information. They can't avoid the vote.

You don't get Pete, and other Democrat's, view here. Trump has in public said he wants foreign countries to investigate corruption. In Democrats' minds that means if a Democrat is involved Trump is obviously trying to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

Never mind that just three short years ago three Democrat Senators wrote the President of Ukraine a letter in which they specifically asked that he look into rumors about Donald Trump, that's different.......Somehow.

LongTermGuy
10-09-2019, 09:31 PM

"THIS"
https://stream.org/wp-content/uploads/Trump-Looking-Up-900.jpg

pete311
10-10-2019, 07:49 AM
You don't get Pete, and other Democrat's, view here. Trump has in public said he wants foreign countries to investigate corruption. In Democrats' minds that means if a Democrat is involved Trump is obviously trying to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

Never mind that just three short years ago three Democrat Senators wrote the President of Ukraine a letter in which they specifically asked that he look into rumors about Donald Trump, that's different.......Somehow.

What other country has he asked for corruption investigation that didn't have to do with Biden? Funny, he is in love with Kim Jong Un, Putin, Bolsonaro, Johnson, Erdoğan and these are some of the most corrupt countries. Where are the calls for investigation there? This is so patently obvious guys. Use. Your. Heads. Maybe he should start with his own administration where how many have resigned, been caught grifting and has his own family in the admin while running his business. I get you guys love his immigration and tax cut policies, but wow.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 08:16 AM
What other country has he asked for corruption investigation that didn't have to do with Biden? Funny, he is in love with Kim Jong Un, Putin, Bolsonaro, Johnson, Erdoğan and these are some of the most corrupt countries. Where are the calls for investigation there? This is so patently obvious guys. Use. Your. Heads. Maybe he should start with his own administration where how many have resigned, been caught grifting and has his own family in the admin while running his business. I get you guys love his immigration and tax cut policies, but wow.

Pete, for some reason I defended you yesterday, and even still you don't have one ounce of personal integrity. Not one.

You have been the biggest cheerleader for the obviously most political investigation in the history of investigations for three years, to now say "Trump is using his office to investigate his opponents" is a joke, it is especially stupid given that NO ONE has believed that Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee for a LONG time, if ever.

The real issue here is you are frightened at the prospect of our justice system actually looking into the abject corruption of the DNC and all of its members.

pete311
10-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Pete, for some reason I defended you yesterday, and even still you don't have one ounce of personal integrity. Not one.

You have been the biggest cheerleader for the obviously most political investigation in the history of investigations for three years, to now say "Trump is using his office to investigate his opponents" is a joke, it is especially stupid given that NO ONE has believed that Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee for a LONG time, if ever.

The real issue here is you are frightened at the prospect of our justice system actually looking into the abject corruption of the DNC and all of its members.

I guess you've been in a cave all this time. Better look back at the news the past couple weeks to catch up lil buddy.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 10:18 AM
I guess you've been in a cave all this time. Better look back at the news the past couple weeks to catch up lil buddy.

Here's another difference between you and I Pete. It's called integrity.

If I see a real crime Trump has committed I'll call for impeachment. I want ALL politicians held accountable if they break the law.

You, on the other hand, simply want ANY charge to get Trump impeached, doesn't matter if it is an actual crime or not, just impeach the SOB; and you most certainly don't want any Democrats held accountable for their actions.

I have integrity, you can't even spell the word.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Here's another difference between you and I Pete. It's called integrity.

If I see a real crime Trump has committed I'll call for impeachment. I want ALL politicians held accountable if they break the law.

You, on the other hand, simply want ANY charge to get Trump impeached, doesn't matter if it is an actual crime or not, just impeach the SOB; and you most certainly don't want any Democrats held accountable for their actions.

I have integrity, you can't even spell the word.

I will not defend Pete, his colors are well known.

As for 'proving' so many things, nearly impossible of the likes of the President of US or congressional critters. Everyone gets to write their own heroes and villeins.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 10:33 AM
I will not defend Pete, his colors are well known.

As for 'proving' so many things, nearly impossible of the likes of the President of US or congressional critters. Everyone gets to write their own heroes and villeins.

I feel like it would be a pretty safe bet to say that if all the Democrat politicians who are in office or are running for office were exposed to the same 3 year deep dive by the IC and the Justice Department that Trump has undergone over the last 3 years that 90% of them would be facing criminal charges for more than a few things.

And we both do know that Pete wouldn't care. Hell fire we have an actual video of Joe Biden bragging that he threatened to withhold $1B in funding from Ukraine unless they fired a prosecutor who was looking into his son's business. Pete doesn't care, he doesn't even think that should be investigated (PS neither do I , as I posted on here last week our government bribes countries all the time, that's the entire point of foreign aid, and anyone who doesn't realize that is stupid) but he DOES want Trump impeached over far less.

I base my bet that they are criminals on a lot of things, mostly that time has proven that when Democrats accuse someone of doing something, THEY are doing that something. It's so bizarre that these people pretty much point the finger at themselves by going so overboard with their accusations. EVERY TIME

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 10:35 AM
I feel like it would be a pretty safe bet to say that if all the Democrat politicians who are in office or are running for office were exposed to the same 3 year deep dive by the IC and the Justice Department that Trump has undergone over the last 3 years that 90% of them would be facing criminal charges for more than a few things.

And we both do know that Pete wouldn't care. Hell fire we have an actual video of Joe Biden bragging that he threatened to withhold $1B in funding from Ukraine unless they fired a prosecutor who was looking into his son's business. Pete doesn't care, he doesn't even think that should be investigated (PS neither do I , as I posted on here last week our government bribes countries all the time, that's the entire point of foreign aid, and anyone who doesn't realize that is stupid) but he DOES want Trump impeached over far less.

I base my bet that they are criminals on a lot of things, mostly that time has proven that when Democrats accuse someone of doing something, THEY are doing that something. It's so bizarre that these people pretty much point the finger at themselves by going so overboard with their accusations. EVERY TIME

I can only judge or try each by their own words and actions. Needless to say, the President isn't high on my list this week, that the Democrats are even lower doesn't change the evilness of all.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 10:46 AM
I can only judge or try each by their own words and actions. Needless to say, the President isn't high on my list this week, that the Democrats are even lower doesn't change the evilness of all.

The difference is you think he's evil, and an asshole, and just not a good person, but I certainly have never seen you call him a criminal or a traitor, or suggest that he should be impeached.

Why? Well, because unlike Pete and other Democrats you stupidly respect the COTUS and know that words have meanings.

See , I can respect your opinion , hell I even agree with it, Trump is an uncouth asshole who needs to shut the fuck up once in awhile, but that is not a crime.

And of course also, you don't pretend like Trump is the only asshole in Washington or that he's the only one who does wrong.

I can't respect people like Pete who just want to pretend like EVERYTHING Trump does is criminal while at the same time pretending that Democrats are paragons of virtue.

And simultaneously I have no respect for people who pretend that Trump is just some innocent angel who is being pursued through no fault of his own. When it is quite clear that half this motherfucker's problems are self inflicted. Sure the Democrats go way too far in their criticisms, but Trump gives them grounds to criticize.

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 10:51 AM
The difference is you think he's evil, and an asshole, and just not a good person, but I certainly have never seen you call him a criminal or a traitor, or suggest that he should be impeached.

Why? Well, because unlike Pete and other Democrats you stupidly respect the COTUS and know that words have meanings.

See , I can respect your opinion , hell I even agree with it, Trump is an uncouth asshole who needs to shut the fuck up once in awhile, but that is not a crime.

And of course also, you don't pretend like Trump is the only asshole in Washington or that he's the only one who does wrong.

I can't respect people like Pete who just want to pretend like EVERYTHING Trump does is criminal while at the same time pretending that Democrats are paragons of virtue.

And simultaneously I have no respect for people who pretend that Trump is just some innocent angel who is being pursued through no fault of his own. When it is quite clear that half this motherfucker's problems are self inflicted. Sure the Democrats go way too far in their criticisms, but Trump gives them grounds to criticize.

I applaud Trump and his big mouth. Found out more crap about how Washington elite operate, more in one term than all before combined. Sure, mix in his stupid tweets here and there, I'll take it. And hopefully these investigations will nail many dems, even Trumps investigations will find corrupt dems at the other end. Winning when they try to nail you.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 10:58 AM

I don't think Trump is necessarily 'evil,' that was hyperbole, though it does pertain to Schiff at minimum. I think that the President is amoral, whatever works for him and his 'bright and brilliant and infallible vision.' Or something.

Like I said earlier, I just don't see what he was thinking regarding Erdogan at this point in time.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 11:03 AM
I applaud Trump and his big mouth. Found out more crap about how Washington elite operate, more in one term than all before combined. Sure, mix in his stupid tweets here and there, I'll take it. And hopefully these investigations will nail many dems, even Trumps investigations will find corrupt dems at the other end. Winning when they try to nail you.

I posted the same the other day Jim, if I have to take the bad Trump tweets to get the good ones, I'll make that trade. Doesn't mean I like the bad ones, just means I feel like his "good" tweets are exposing things that needed exposing and is the only way they would have been exposed.

But even though I'll take the bad to get the good doesn't mean Trump shouldn't be criticized. He's a grown ass man, he can control his behavior better than he does . He just chooses not to.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 11:07 AM
I don't think Trump is necessarily 'evil,' that was hyperbole, though it does pertain to Schiff at minimum. I think that the President is amoral, whatever works for him and his 'bright and brilliant and infallible vision.' Or something.

Like I said earlier, I just don't see what he was thinking regarding Erdogan at this point in time.

I think Adam Schiff has gone off the deep end. It's frightening that someone like him has access to our nation's most important secrets. I've thought this for 3 years now, ever since he got on Tucker Carlson and said that anyone who questioned the investigation into Trump-Russia collusion was an agent of Putin's and probably a traitor. The man said that live on television.

Has he even said one true thing since Trump took office?

pete311
10-10-2019, 11:41 AM
I think Adam Schiff has gone off the deep end. It's frightening that someone like him has access to our nation's most important secrets. I've thought this for 3 years now, ever since he got on Tucker Carlson and said that anyone who questioned the investigation into Trump-Russia collusion was an agent of Putin's and probably a traitor. The man said that live on television.

Has he even said one true thing since Trump took office?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/12/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

STTAB
10-10-2019, 11:48 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/12/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Pete if you yourself weren't so dishonest you would admit the dishonesty of these so called fact checkers.

For example,. Trump was called a liar because he said that 75% of women who came across our border illegally report being sexually assaulted on the trip, and the actual number was like 83% .

That's not a lie, and you know it

A lie is

"I have seen classified evidence that proves that Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election, I can't tell you what that is right now, but when the Mueller report comes out, you'll see the same proof that I have seen"

and so on and so forth.

You'll even find on this board quotes from me saying "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" wasn't a lie, because again unlike you I have integrity.

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Joe Biden is toast, political aspirations for 2020 down the drain. Sanders is sadly done in by his health. Warren is lying her way into the lead for now.

Schiff gets involved like he did last time, and lies worse than he did last time, and Pelosi joins in to support him. Just day after day after day we find out new information about the dems and their wrongdoings and/or criminal actions. At least I say criminal, but an investigation would prove that.

So many cards are slowly falling around the democrats, all lining up slowly and nicely to help them destroy themselves going into 2020. From front-runners to all of their supporters and a whole shitload of a leading cast prior to and after 2016. Intel folks will come down. Some politicians are coming down. Some major leaders are surely involved and some getting brought down. Many younger folks will be the scapegoats, and I'm betting that some start squealing as the screws are turned tighter.

Trump is in the spotlight but I don't think a damn thing comes out of the Ukraine shit against him, only Biden and co, and it all comes full circle, and a shooting circle for the lefty dumbasses.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Joe Biden is toast, political aspirations for 2020 down the drain. Sanders is sadly done in by his health. Warren is lying her way into the lead for now.

Schiff gets involved like he did last time, and lies worse than he did last time, and Pelosi joins in to support him. Just day after day after day we find out new information about the dems and their wrongdoings and/or criminal actions. At least I say criminal, but an investigation would prove that.

So many cards are slowly falling around the democrats, all lining up slowly and nicely to help them destroy themselves going into 2020. From front-runners to all of their supporters and a whole shitload of a leading cast prior to and after 2016. Intel folks will come down. Some politicians are coming down. Some major leaders are surely involved and some getting brought down. Many younger folks will be the scapegoats, and I'm betting that some start squealing as the screws are turned tighter.

Trump is in the spotlight but I don't think a damn thing comes out of the Ukraine shit against him, only Biden and co, and it all comes full circle, and a shooting circle for the lefty dumbasses.

All true, but I will say this. Trump is an idiot

He is CONSTANTLY giving the left ammunition. There is obviously nothing wrong with one country asking another country for help in a criminal investigation, BUT this kinda shit shouldn't be handled by POTUS. And yes, him handling it is stupid. Just as constantly tweeting about Joe is stupid. Just like saying "tell me who the whistleblower is" is stupid, etc etc.

Actually I don't think it is so much stupid as it is Trump just likes to fight and he can't control himself. The plain fact of the matter is he's gonna end up losing if he can't at some point figure out that he doesn't personally have to be fighting on every front.

The proper channel would have been for Barr to bring this up, not Trump. He is after all the Attorney General, let HIM discuss it with Ukraine. That would have short circuited all the sky screamers because even if they ever heard about the request from Barr, good luck proving Trump even knew about it, let alone did anything morally , ethically, or legally wrong.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, seems to be a lesson no one ever taught Trump.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 12:23 PM
All true, but I will say this. Trump is an idiot

He is CONSTANTLY giving the left ammunition. There is obviously nothing wrong with one country asking another country for help in a criminal investigation, BUT this kinda shit shouldn't be handled by POTUS. And yes, him handling it is stupid. Just as constantly tweeting about Joe is stupid. Just like saying "tell me who the whistleblower is" is stupid, etc etc.

Actually I don't think it is so much stupid as it is Trump just likes to fight and he can't control himself. The plain fact of the matter is he's gonna end up losing if he can't at some point figure out that he doesn't personally have to be fighting on every front.

The proper channel would have been for Barr to bring this up, not Trump. He is after all the Attorney General, let HIM discuss it with Ukraine. That would have short circuited all the sky screamers because even if they ever heard about the request from Barr, good luck proving Trump even knew about it, let alone did anything morally , ethically, or legally wrong.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it, seems to be a lesson no one ever taught Trump.

He doesn't have to worry about those who love him, the problem is he seems to have forgotten all about the independents and those that voted just against Hillary. He's not minding holding them or attracting those who find him repulsive, but the opposition worse.

STTAB
10-10-2019, 12:31 PM
He doesn't have to worry about those who love him, the problem is he seems to have forgotten all about the independents and those that voted just against Hillary. He's not minding holding them or attracting those who find him repulsive, but the opposition worse.

I think that's exactly right. I mean I don't want to see him altering his policies to appease anyone, if you don't agree with his policies, fine. But come on, you can't tell me that this man can't think "gee I have enemies within my own administration, it would look bad if it got out that I had asked this guy to investigate the company that Hunter Biden worked for, maybe I'll just let my AG do that"

At SOME point you have to recognize that the media is going to take your EVERY misstep and turn it into a capital offense and make adjustments. It's been 3 years.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 01:08 PM
I think that's exactly right. I mean I don't want to see him altering his policies to appease anyone, if you don't agree with his policies, fine. But come on, you can't tell me that this man can't think "gee I have enemies within my own administration, it would look bad if it got out that I had asked this guy to investigate the company that Hunter Biden worked for, maybe I'll just let my AG do that"

At SOME point you have to recognize that the media is going to take your EVERY misstep and turn it into a capital offense and make adjustments. It's been 3 years.

Not just the media. As I've been saying for months now, what the Dems have done regarding Mueller, Comey, Russia, now Ukraine, well it certainly appears to me that it is nothing short of a soft coup. Add that to the domestic things he's gotten right, well it has given me pause.

Every time I think, "Well maybe..." he does something so despicable I just think, 'F him, Pence would be better.'

STTAB
10-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Not just the media. As I've been saying for months now, what the Dems have done regarding Mueller, Comey, Russia, now Ukraine, well it certainly appears to me that it is nothing short of a soft coup. Add that to the domestic things he's gotten right, well it has given me pause.

Every time I think, "Well maybe..." he does something so despicable I just think, 'F him, Pence would be better.'

BUT , you have to admit that everything you see of Trump is through the lens that media allows you to see it through. For example, the Turkey thing we're discussing in another thread. The media is playing that off as the Kurds are just innocent people who helped us and now we're allowing the Turks to just kill them all just because of meanness. When that isn't the case at all. The Kurds and Turks have long been at war because the Kurds support the PKE who is constantly attacking Turkish civilian populations with acts of terror, and THAT is what they are trying to put a stop to now. You'd never know that unless you went digging though. You would just believe the MSM who tells you that Trump loves dictators .

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 01:19 PM
BUT , you have to admit that everything you see of Trump is through the lens that media allows you to see it through. For example, the Turkey thing we're discussing in another thread. The media is playing that off as the Kurds are just innocent people who helped us and now we're allowing the Turks to just kill them all just because of meanness. When that isn't the case at all. The Kurds and Turks have long been at war because the Kurds support the PKE who is constantly attacking Turkish civilian populations with acts of terror, and THAT is what they are trying to put a stop to now. You'd never know that unless you went digging though. You would just believe the MSM who tells you that Trump loves dictators .

No, I do not admit any such thing. I'm as able to read articles, biased though they may be. Hell, I do ok not falling in lockstep with folks here, no?

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 01:40 PM

Speaking with an Algerian friend, this wasn't going to change with or without 50 soldiers in there as a deterrent of sorts. Not the same as Shia/Sunni, but along the same avenue in the continued hatred department. A lose lose proposition. With or without us being there this was inevitable - and apparently makes sense to get the F outta there instead of simply risking American soldiers lives. I do NOT like bailing on allies, but the end had to come whether sooner or later. This wasn't an unknown. And It also wasn't an unknown that this was Trump's goal as well.

With that said, all that's left that I give a F about is the ISIS scumbags. No easy resolution. I would have zero issue with the Kurds accidentally set off a massive stockpile of weapons next to them, on their way out. First make sure you condense and put them all nicely into one little carnage area. I wouldn't blink a care if I found out that we hit a facility with a missile.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 01:49 PM
We got the 'Beetles' so all's good. Funny how with all the security there, they were concerned about the 2 British beheaders.

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Don't really care. American lives come numero uno. And when you know an onslaught is inevitable, you either go all in or all out. I don't see the need to put those lives on the line. I know it's not a popular opinion, and I really couldn't care less.

And to the title and topic of the thread, I still think, know, that Biden is done. He's been toasted already by the media and the masses, based on his own words and documents and sworn statements and such. Imagine what will happen when someone like Gowdy gets to go at him? And I can't wait until they finally have a vote in the house, and then the Republicans can go at it as well. Oh and that's when things truly snowball downhill against this whole impeachment BS & I think not only will it be killed off, but I still state that it will reel in some democrats.

And then there's Schiff. He wasn't just playing political games, but that's twice now that he has spoken 'directly' to the American people and outright lied to gain a political advantage and/or to harm someone. I don't think this should go down as a slap in the wrist, I wish they would/could go after him somehow. Gonna be a real lot of things to be exposed in the upcoming year. From the impeachment crap, further fallout from Ukraine, IG report, then Barr and then Durham.... I don't know who exactly, but undoubtedly heads will be rolling.

pete311
10-10-2019, 02:27 PM
McMaster: It's "absolutely" inappropriate for Trump to solicit foreign interference
https://www.axios.com/hr-mcmaster-trump-ukraine-election-interference-563335a9-070b-497c-b2e0-bc25dafba632.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 02:47 PM
McMaster: It's "absolutely" inappropriate for Trump to solicit foreign interference
https://www.axios.com/hr-mcmaster-trump-ukraine-election-interference-563335a9-070b-497c-b2e0-bc25dafba632.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

Did anyone ask him if it's ok for Biden to solicit foreign interference in the company where his son worked?

That's what it will come down to - CONTEXT.

And Trump offered nothing in return, zilch, so appearances, however crappy, mean nothing. And in context, Trump was simply having the corruption investigated. Someone running for office down the road doesn't absolve them from any previous wrongdoing. And have them investigate openly the entire thing, from beginning to end. The picture then will be immensely clear. I think it already is, but....

Trump was looking to have obvious wrongdoing investigated. Nothing other than doing that investigating was offered. The wrongdoing exists on many levels. So what people think about appearances doesn't really matter in the end - what matters are the facts - and WHO exactly used their power and threatened to get what they want? And the other looking to have things investigate, and threatened and/or offered nothing. And everyone in the Ukraine has supported that fact - and they have all come out with crap about Joe, even sworn documents and paperwork.

pete311
10-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Did anyone ask him if it's ok for Biden to solicit foreign interference in the company where his son worked?

They are apples to oranges. I am perplexed how you still don't see that and you're claim that he was "simply asking about corruption" is equally perplexingly naive considering all we know now.

fyi, relevant to gowdy news: POTUS said Trey Gowdy can’t start until after January because of lobbying rules

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 03:49 PM
They are apples to oranges. I am perplexed how you still don't see that.

fyi, relevant to gowdy news: POTUS said Trey Gowdy can’t start until after January because of lobbying rules

Honestly, I don't see a difference either. Both seemed to have witheld money that was authorized by Congress to get what they wanted-stated or not. Biden made it a quid pro quo.

pete311
10-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Honestly, I don't see a difference either. Both seemed to have witheld money that was authorized by Congress to get what they wanted-stated or not. Biden made it a quid pro quo.

Kath, the difference was the prosecutor was someone everyone wanted out and WASN'T A POLITICAL OPPONENT IN AN ELECTION CYCLE. The cover up tells just how serious the people around Trump knew the call was.

Kathianne
10-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Kath, the difference was the prosecutor was someone everyone wanted out and WASN'T A POLITICAL OPPONENT IN AN ELECTION CYCLE. The cover up tells just how serious the people around Trump knew the call was.

Sorry, that righteous argument flew out with Mueller, Russia, Russia, Steele dossier, and Hillary. Doesn't hold water. If one isn't responsible, the other doesn't rise to impeachment.

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 04:09 PM
They are apples to oranges. I am perplexed how you still don't see that and you're claim that he was "simply asking about corruption" is equally perplexingly naive considering all we know now.

Forget Trump for a moment and look at Biden alone. And if seeing that say 6 months down the line. What he did was no doubt making a threat to them of holding back money unless they do something. A clear cut case of the VP and quid pro quo. We have it on video no less. And sworn documentation from the Ukraine officials. Looking at that solely, it is obvious 100% to me that he is guilty. He made the threats, he got what he wanted. Clear cut wrong. Then, not to mention the letter that leading Democrats sent to Ukraine. Also, something looking at all by itself, is clear wrongdoing. Either one, on their own, without hearing the name Trump - are worthy of investigating at a minimum. To deny that is to lie, one is on video with the intent and the others on government letterhead!

Then enters a man, one who knows what happened. In light of both, asks Ukraine about investigating the matter (Biden only). They, congress, should also investigate the letter that was sent. But the wrongdoing by Biden - and then you have someone ask Ukraine to investigate it. And with all that crap, they still want to point a finger at Trump. For what? For doing the right thing? Somehow it's a no no since Biden is running for office? Does a candidate for office get a free pass from crimes and/or wrongdoing? I don't think so.

pete311
10-10-2019, 04:29 PM
Forget Trump for a moment and look at Biden alone. And if seeing that say 6 months down the line. What he did was no doubt making a threat to them of holding back money unless they do something. A clear cut case of the VP and quid pro quo. We have it on video no less. And sworn documentation from the Ukraine officials. Looking at that solely, it is obvious 100% to me that he is guilty. He made the threats, he got what he wanted. Clear cut wrong. Then, not to mention the letter that leading Democrats sent to Ukraine. Also, something looking at all by itself, is clear wrongdoing. Either one, on their own, without hearing the name Trump - are worthy of investigating at a minimum. To deny that is to lie, one is on video with the intent and the others on government letterhead!

Guilty of what crime?

Then enters a man, one who knows what happened. In light of both, asks Ukraine about investigating the matter (Biden only). They, congress, should also investigate the letter that was sent. But the wrongdoing by Biden - and then you have someone ask Ukraine to investigate it. And with all that crap, they still want to point a finger at Trump. For what? For doing the right thing? Somehow it's a no no since Biden is running for office? Does a candidate for office get a free pass from crimes and/or wrongdoing? I don't think so.

One was election interference and the other is not. It's not this hard.

pete311
10-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Sorry, that righteous argument flew out with Mueller, Russia, Russia, Steele dossier, and Hillary. Doesn't hold water. If one isn't responsible, the other doesn't rise to impeachment.

Got it, so you give Trump carte blache to reach out to foreign nations to help him interference with our elections. Understood.

jimnyc
10-10-2019, 04:42 PM
I give up, I cry uncle with you pete. You shrug at one, and want impeachment with the other. You label one a crime, simply 'election interference' and call it a crime, and then say 'what crime' to Biden.

The hypocrisy and ability to try and reverse things, is mind boggling. Especially since one is on video, and the other has support of 'nothing' from the very people he spoke with.

So a major hypocritical event, filled with endless lies. Just another day in the liberal world. But like every other failure, this one will be sweet, as it'll not only be another failed gotcha, but all the investigations are leading to a climax that will fall all around the democrats.

I'll be enjoying the ride. It's going to be like watching those thinking Hillary was a shoe in, only to lose, all over again. It's gonna be like watching all the liberals for a few years getting thrills down their legs, thinking they got Trump, and it was all a major failure, as we said it would be. And the same will happen here, and Trump will win 2020 and good times will be had by all! :laugh::beer:

pete311
10-10-2019, 05:51 PM
I give up, I cry uncle with you pete. You shrug at one, and want impeachment with the other. You label one a crime, simply 'election interference' and call it a crime, and then say 'what crime' to Biden.
One was election interference and the other wasn't. Not rocket science.

LongTermGuy
10-10-2019, 06:17 PM
One was election interference and the other wasn't. Not rocket science.

What election interference...explain.?

STTAB
10-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Who cares what this guy's opinion is ? And inappropriate doesn't mean illegal or wrong. It means inappropriate.