PDA

View Full Version : 100s of transgender youths who had gender reassignment surgery wish they hadn't...

jimnyc
10-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Something for anyone thinking of transitioning to truly think about. And this stuff is rarely reported on. Can't report or discuss things that go against the 'agenda'.

---

Hundreds of transgender youths who had gender reassignment surgery wish they hadn't and want to transition back, says trans rights champion

Charlie Evans, 28, from Newcastle, is helping transgender people with doubts
Says many people find transitioning genders does not help gender dysphoria
'Hundreds' have contacted her after she stopped taking testosterone this year

'Hundreds' of transgender people who have transitioned want to un-do their surgery, a campaigner who decided to stop identifying as male has revealed.

Charlie Evans, 28, from Newcastle, was born female but identified as male for almost ten years before deciding to stop taking testosterone and become a woman again.

'Hundreds' of people have contacted her, including 30 in Newcastle alone, asking for guidance around detransitioning - the process of becoming the gender they were born - after she went public with her decision last year, she told Sky News.

'I'm in communication with 19 and 20-year-olds who have had full gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn't, and their dysphoria hasn't been relieved, they don't feel better for it,' Ms Evans said.

The people who get in contact with her are usually in their 20s, 'mostly same-sex attracted' and often autistic, she added.

One 21-year-old woman, who identified as male from the age of 13, reached out to Ms Evans because transitioning did not help her gender dysphoria.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7541679/Hundreds-youths-gender-surgery-wish-hadnt-says-head-advocacy-network.html

Elessar
10-06-2019, 03:13 PM
All I can say is that this is really disturbing.

When they made the initial choice, either they did not consider the consequences
or did not have the mental capacity to fully understand them.

Kathianne
10-06-2019, 04:28 PM
All I can say is that this is really disturbing.

When they made the initial choice, either they did not consider the consequences
or did not have the mental capacity to fully understand them.

That may be the case as many of these were kids just entering adolescents, they had parents or teachers encouraging this.

Elessar
10-06-2019, 10:30 PM
That may be the case as many of these were kids just entering adolescents, they had parents or teachers encouraging this.

That is very true, but in such cases ignorance is not an excuse.

Kathianne
10-06-2019, 11:31 PM
That is very true, but in such cases ignorance is not an excuse.
Well I guess the 12 year old will have to live with the repercussions. No excuses, no reversals?