PDA

View Full Version : Reading this thread REALLY makes me sad for this country

STTAB
10-07-2019, 10:21 AM
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/president-trump-to-pelosi-white-house-will-not-cooperate-until-house-holds-vote-on-impeachment.781969/page-8

Setting aside the entire issue of whether Trump did anything wrong or not. It's just shocking to me how stupid so many Americans are.

There are actually two posters in that thread who claim to be lawyers who are saying that Pelosi can't hold the vote on whether to open an impeachment inquiry until after the investigation is done, even though a simple reading of the House rules states that a vote should be held on whether to even have an investigation or not, and then if that investigation leads to another vote for impeachment or not. While simultaneously arguing that refusing to cooperate with impeachment is obstruction of justice, even though once again a clear reading of the statute says that obstruction of justice ONLY applies to JUDICIAL proceedings, which doesn't apply to Congress at all, since they are not the judiciary.

These are simple things that every day ordinary citizens should know, let alone people who are lawyers? Maybe we need to stop worrying about teaching our children the 47 genders, and start worrying about teaching them simple Civics.

icansayit
10-07-2019, 02:20 PM
STAAB. I too am really sad about such literally stupid, illiterate, absolutely crazy people in our country, who haven't got the slightest idea what they are REPEATING from sources other IDIOTS have made up, to prove they are smarter than the average TRASH CAN.

WIKIPEDIA even explains it...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Explain
IN OTHER WORDS...WIKIPEDIA allows ANYONE to re-write History in any way they want. And this even includes allowing IDIOTS to IGNORE present day laws, and replacing them with IDIOT suggested replacements for the Laws they do not like.

Template:Explain
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
[further explanation needed]

Template documentation[view] [edit] [history] [purge]
Use {{Explain|date=October 2019}} in the body of an article as a request for other editors to add further explanation to text that assumes expert understanding of a subject. When the problem is not with the level of information given, but simply with the wording, one may use {{Clarify}} instead. For dealing with dubious information, please use one of the following: {{citation needed}}, {{Verify source}}, {{Dubious}} or {{Disputed inline}}. This template is a self-reference and so is part of the Wikipedia project rather than the encyclopedic content.

Contents
1 Usage
1.1 Parameters
2 Categorisation
3 Redirects
4 See also
5 TemplateData
Usage
This is an in-line template, place the template immediately after the material in question, as one would do with a footnote. For example:

A fact that needs further explanation.{{Explain|date=October 2019}}
The above text will cause the tag [further explanation needed] to appear inline. This tag is linked to Wikipedia:Please clarify for further information.

Parameters
|date=
This template allows an optional date parameter that records when the tag was added. If this template is added without the date parameter, the date parameter will be added soon after by a bot.

|reason=
Because it may not be immediately apparent to other editors what about the tagged passage is in need of further explanation, it is generally helpful to add a brief reason for the tag: {{Explain|date=October 2019|reason=What the problem is.}}. The |reason= parameter displays when the cursor is placed over the template, eg. [further explanation needed]

If the explanation would be lengthy, use the article's talk page. The reason parameter does not display properly if it contains quotation marks.

Categorisation
Adding this template to an article will automatically place the article into Category:Wikipedia articles needing clarification, or a dated subcategory thereof.

Redirects
{{Elucidate}}
{{Further explanation needed}}
See also
Similar inline templates:
{{Clarify}}
{{Definition}}
{{Examples}}
{{Non sequitur}}
Related box templates:
{{Confusing}}
{{Missing information}}
{{Expand section}}
Relevant project pages:
Wikipedia:Citing sources
Wikipedia:Explain jargon
Wikipedia:Please clarify
TemplateData
This is the TemplateData documentation for this template used by VisualEditor and other tools; see the monthly error report for this template.
TemplateData for Explain

Use {{Explain}} in the body of an article as a request for other editors to add further explanation to text that assumes expert understanding of a subject. When the problem is not with the level of information given, but simply with the wording, one may use {{Clarify}} instead. For dealing with dubious information, please use one of the following: {{citation needed}}, {{Verify source}}, {{Dubious}} or {{Disputed inline}}.

Template parameters

Parameter Description Type Status
Reason reason
A brief reason for the tag. Because it may not be immediately apparent to other editors what about the tagged passage is in need of further explanation, a brief reason is generally helpful. The reason parameter displays when the mouse cursor is placed over the text the template inserts.

String suggested
Date date
An optional date parameter that records when the tag was added. If this template is added without the date parameter, the date parameter will be added soon after by a [[WP:BOT|bot]].

Auto value
{{subst:CURRENTMONTHNAME}} {{subst:CURRENTYEAR}}
Date suggested
vte
Inline cleanup tags
Attribution
{{According to whom}}{{Attribution needed}}{{By whom}}{{From whom?}}{{Like whom?}}{{To whom?}}{{Who}}{{With whom}}
Clarity
{{Ambiguous}}{{Clarify}}{{Clarify span}}{{Clarify timeframe}}{{Context inline}}{{Expand acronym}}{{Incomprehensible inline}}{{Non sequitur}}{{Which calendar}}
Precision
{{By how much}}{{Definition}}{{Definition needed}}{{Example needed}}{{Explain}}{{How}}{{How often}}{{Quantify}}{{Specify}}{{Vague}}{{When}}{{W here}}{{Which}}{{Who else}}{{Why}}{{Year needed}}
Excessive
{{Duplication span}}{{Importance inline}}{{Relevance inline}}{{Undue weight inline}}
Miscellaneous
{{Chinese script needed inline}}{{Copyright violation}}{{Copyvio link}}{{Disambiguation needed}}{{Needs IPA}}{{Original research inline}}{{Pronunciation needed}}{{Siadn}}{{Synthesis inline}}{{Synthesis inline span}}{{Verify spelling}}{{Whose translation}}
Neutrality
{{Buzzword inline}}{{Editorializing}}{{Lopsided}}{{Peacock term}}{{POV statement}}{{Weasel inline}}{{Weasel word some span}}
Time-sensitivity
{{Anachronism inline}}{{Clarify timeframe}}{{Is this date calibrated?}}{{Update after}}{{Update inline}}{{Update inline span}}
Verifiability
Dubious
{{Contradict-inline}}{{Disputed inline}}{{Dubious}}{{Dubious span}}{{Inconsistent}}
Missing or
problematic
reference
{{Additional citation needed}}{{Better source}}{{Better source example}}{{Check quotation}}{{Chronology citation needed}}{{Citation needed}}{{Citation needed lead}}{{Citation needed span}}{{Citation not found}}{{COI source}}{{Deprecated inline}}{{Excessive citations inline}}{{Failed verification}}{{Failed verification span}}{{Irrelevant citation}}{{Medical citation needed}}{{Medical citation needed span}}{{Nonspecific}}{{Obsolete source}}{{Primary source inline}}{{Promotional source}}{{Quote without source}}{{Request quotation}}{{Retracted}}{{Scientific citation needed}}{{Self-published inline}}{{Tertiary source inline}}{{Third-party inline}}{{Unreliable fringe source}}{{Unreliable medical source}}{{Unreliable source?}}{{Verify quote}}{{Verify source}}
Incomplete
or broken
citation
{{Author incomplete}}{{Author missing}}{{Bare URL inline}}{{Date missing}}{{Dead link}}{{Edition needed}}{{Episode needed}}{{Full citation needed}}{{Incomplete short citation}}{{ISBN missing}}{{Page needed}}{{Place missing}}{{Publisher missing}}{{Season needed}}{{Time needed}}{{Title incomplete}}{{Title missing}}{{Volume needed}}{{Year missing}}
Wording
{{Awkward}}{{Buzzword inline}}{{Copy edit inline}}{{Technical statement}}
General advice
Citing sourcesReliable sourcesMaintenance template removalCitation neededFind sourcesCombining sourcesReferencing styles
Category Inline cleanup templatesWikiProject WikiProject Inline Templates
The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Explain/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.
Categories: Templates using TemplateDataCoherency templatesInline cleanup templates
Navigation menu
Not logged inTalkContributionsCreate accountLog inTemplateTalkReadView sourceView historySearch
Search Wikipedia
Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Donate to Wikipedia
Wikipedia store
Interaction
Help
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact page
Tools
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Permanent link
Page information
Wikidata item
In other projects
Wikiversity
Print/export
Download as PDF

Languages
العربية
भोजपुरी
Cymraeg
فارسی
Bahasa Indonesia
ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
Português
Tagalog
Türkçe
5 more
Edit links
This page was last edited on 26 September 2019, at 04:20 (UTC).
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.

Drummond
10-07-2019, 06:24 PM
I don't expect it's relevant to what you're considering ... just thought I'd point out, though, that US Messageboard doesn't just have Americans on it. I just visited the site, and it didn't take me long to find a Brit there (from north Wales). Tommy Tainant ... somebody I had run-ins with, a while ago, on a now closed down British blogging site. Maybe he migrated there when it closed.

He's far further to the Left in his thinking than I am. Possibly his own blinkered outlook is playing its part in determining the type of blogging environment there (?).

icansayit
10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
I don't expect it's relevant to what you're considering ... just thought I'd point out, though, that US Messageboard doesn't just have Americans on it. I just visited the site, and it didn't take me long to find a Brit there (from north Wales). Tommy Tainant ... somebody I had run-ins with, a while ago, on a now closed down British blogging site. Maybe he migrated there when it closed.

He's far further to the Left in his thinking than I am. Possibly his own blinkered outlook is playing its part in determining the type of blogging environment there (?).

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/d6/2b/d0/d62bd07a69bd38ac275e041d27f84b09--minions-despicable-me-minion-humor.jpg

https://inteng-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/images/sizes/einstein_resize_md.jpg