PDA

View Full Version : Trump gets stay appeal in NY against tax returns

jimnyc
10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
If Trump will be nailed anywhere, this will be it I think. They WON the court decision to get 8 years of tax returns in a criminal probe of some sort. Trump filed for an emergency stay appeal or whatever and it was granted. But I do believe he'll eventually be forced to turn them over.

Will anything be in there? Who knows. I think if he played fast and loose anywhere, it was with his money. I don't think he did anything to harm America during his presidency. But could he have done something improperly with his money to make more money, or to hide money somehow? Perhaps. That's what some rich folks do, and wouldn't surprise me if Trump did so.

Then again, he refuses to work with them in any manner and makes them work for it, and every time prior we have seen that in the end he had nothing to hide. So I really don't know. But when his presidency is over there is no doubt that things continue.

Amazing the lengths the left will go to try and nail Trump on anything - in comparison to the right and how they seemingly don't investigate or prosecute anything.

And an unrelated but related question - how does the left get away with investigating every last thing and fucking with the entire republican party and disrupting an entire presidential term - and yet the right does absolutely nothing but talk, no real investigations and nothing. (Take that back perhaps after Barr and Durham...).

I DO NOT want to see tit for tat though honestly, what I want to see is our elected officials working for their constituents, and then working in Washington for US and just getting shit done. But folks said they would ruin this term and obstruct every last thing, and damn if they didn't do just that.

STTAB
10-07-2019, 12:20 PM
If Trump will be nailed anywhere, this will be it I think. They WON the court decision to get 8 years of tax returns in a criminal probe of some sort. Trump filed for an emergency stay appeal or whatever and it was granted. But I do believe he'll eventually be forced to turn them over.

Will anything be in there? Who knows. I think if he played fast and loose anywhere, it was with his money. I don't think he did anything to harm America during his presidency. But could he have done something improperly with his money to make more money, or to hide money somehow? Perhaps. That's what some rich folks do, and wouldn't surprise me if Trump did so.

Then again, he refuses to work with them in any manner and makes them work for it, and every time prior we have seen that in the end he had nothing to hide. So I really don't know. But when his presidency is over there is no doubt that things continue.

Amazing the lengths the left will go to try and nail Trump on anything - in comparison to the right and how they seemingly don't investigate or prosecute anything.

And an unrelated but related question - how does the left get away with investigating every last thing and fucking with the entire republican party and disrupting an entire presidential term - and yet the right does absolutely nothing but talk, no real investigations and nothing. (Take that back perhaps after Barr and Durham...).

I DO NOT want to see tit for tat though honestly, what I want to see is our elected officials working for their constituents, and then working in Washington for US and just getting shit done. But folks said they would ruin this term and obstruct every last thing, and damn if they didn't do just that.

They aren't going to find any evidence of criminal wrong doing in Trump's tax returns, and that isn't even their purpose. They want access to them so that they can leak them. PERIOD

And the reason is because we all know Trump has had years where he has lost tens of millions of dollars and he took advantage of existing tax law to spread those losses over multiple years meaning there are going to be lots of years where his tax liability is low when compared to his income for that year.

It's just an attempt to embarrass Trump , and Dems don't even give a shit that this is a loophole that MANY rich people use. It's LEGAL.

jimnyc
10-07-2019, 12:23 PM
They aren't going to find any evidence of criminal wrong doing in Trump's tax returns, and that isn't even their purpose. They want access to them so that they can leak them. PERIOD

And the reason is because we all know Trump has had years where he has lost tens of millions of dollars and he took advantage of existing tax law to spread those losses over multiple years meaning there are going to be lots of years where his tax liability is low when compared to his income for that year.

It's just an attempt to embarrass Trump , and Dems don't even give a shit that this is a loophole that MANY rich people use. It's LEGAL.

That's what I kinda believe as well. But I'm just saying, IF he did cross the lines somewhere, I think it would be financially. But yeah, they played their cards with some financial stuff in the past, with just what you're talking about. And yep, rich people find loopholes.

STTAB
10-07-2019, 12:26 PM
That's what I kinda believe as well. But I'm just saying, IF he did cross the lines somewhere, I think it would be financially. But yeah, they played their cards with some financial stuff in the past, with just what you're talking about. And yep, rich people find loopholes.

Bottom line is no Democrat should be trusted as to their motive at this point. They are lying until we can prove they are telling the truth.

jimnyc
10-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Bottom line is no Democrat should be trusted as to their motive at this point. They are lying until we can prove they are telling the truth.

Same with the known liberal media - as some of them lie 10x more than the Dems do!

STTAB
10-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Same with the known liberal media - as some of them lie 10x more than the Dems do!

They are one in the same.

LongTermGuy
10-07-2019, 09:15 PM
"No worries"

http://static.politico.com/dims4/default/2152084/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F2e%2Fbb%2F dcde4bd84809adebf56d518fbe58%2Fdonald-trump-gty-1160.jpg