PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh, I think I OD'd on coffee again!

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Midway through my 4th cup right now and I'm a bit shaky! :coffee:

Can't help myself though, it's a vicious cycle I'm wound up in. I take xanax all the time for my anxiety. I wake up in the morning and drink a few gallons of java, and then later wash down a xanax to keep myself from exploding. Then later in the day I'm down and I start in on some soda to replenish myself and stay awake. Then in the evening I use my xanax to relax myself and go to bed. My doctor actually said this is quite common for anxiety patients!

But I'm in my computer room right now with the air set to 64 degrees. I'm in nothing more than my undies and a T-shirt and I'm sweating to death!

And none of you homos better be picturing me in my undies! :laugh2:

diuretic
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
If I drink too much coffee (and bear in mind in Oz we mainly drink instant...yeah I know...but I prefer to have a coffee pot at home, blamin' you Merkans for that, you started me on it years ago) and I can feel my scalp tingling and I get really antsy. Then the anxiety kicks in due to the caffeine. That stuff is not good for your brain, trust me. I had a bad caffeine habit but managed to kick it. Once i got through the headache in the afternoon due to caffeine withdrawal it wasn't too bad, but it really is a physical dependency.

I know tea has caffeine in it too but two coffees in the morning when I'm on days off and that's it, I'll have tea the rest of the day.

Gaffer
09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Well jim try a couple of bananas a day. They are good for headaches, hangovers and depression. Also energy boosters.

Beyond that maybe a boobie search on evil's board might help. :cool:

shattered
09-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Bananas are good for headaches??

Boobies aren't good for much, tho.

jackass
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Bananas are good for headaches??

Boobies aren't good for much, tho.

Boobies are good for ANYTHING!!! :slap:

Monkeybone
09-06-2007, 10:34 AM
boobies are the miracle drug. *points down to sig*

diuretic
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Well jim try a couple of bananas a day. They are good for headaches, hangovers and depression. Also energy boosters.

Beyond that maybe a boobie search on evil's board might help. :cool:

I think bananas are the only natural food (I mean not processed) that is a source of potassium. Next hangover I might just go for a jar of potassium and see if that works :D

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I think bananas are the only natural food (I mean not processed) that is a source of potassium. Next hangover I might just go for a jar of potassium and see if that works :D

Broccoli too, I thought?

diuretic
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Broccoli too, I thought?

You're probably right Abbey, but I'm with George H.W Bush on broccoli :laugh2:

Not really, it's very good food and I had some in dinner last night...this is for the benefit of the younger members - eat your broccoli! It's good for you! :poke:

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
:puke:
You're probably right Abbey, but I'm with George H.W Bush on broccoli :laugh2:

Not really, it's very good food and I had some in dinner last night...this is for the benefit of the younger members - eat your broccoli! It's good for you! :poke:

I like broccoli well enough, but I was forced to try some cream of broccoli soup tonight, and it was awful. How do they get all of that cream out of the broccoli, anyway? :D

manu1959
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM

I like broccoli well enough, but I was forced to try some cream of broccoli soup tonight, and it was awful. How do they get all of that cream out of the broccoli, anyway? :D

i love cream of broccoli.....remember dana carvey song about broccoli?

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/highonlife/broccoli1.wav

diuretic
09-06-2007, 08:56 PM

:laugh2:

My ex thought it was funny to show me a recipe she was going to make. It ws for "broccoli ice cream", it was an internet site and it looked authentic. I was really worried she was actually going to do it, felt quite silly when she told me it a was a joke.....:laugh:

dan
09-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I love cream of broccoli soup!

Kathianne
09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
i love cream of broccoli.....remember dana carvey song about broccoli?

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/highonlife/broccoli1.wav

Hey, your kids would love the Scruggs song, "I'm too full for broccoli" I used to play it all the time...

82Marine89
09-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Midway through my 4th cup right now and I'm a bit shaky! :coffee:

Can't help myself though, it's a vicious cycle I'm wound up in. I take xanax all the time for my anxiety. I wake up in the morning and drink a few gallons of java, and then later wash down a xanax to keep myself from exploding. Then later in the day I'm down and I start in on some soda to replenish myself and stay awake. Then in the evening I use my xanax to relax myself and go to bed. My doctor actually said this is quite common for anxiety patients!

But I'm in my computer room right now with the air set to 64 degrees. I'm in nothing more than my undies and a T-shirt and I'm sweating to death!

And none of you homos better be picturing me in my undies! :laugh2:

Sorry bout that,

1. No such thing as too much coffee. I drink 4-5 24 oz. cups a day.
2. Whiskey, also in large doses is better than xanax.
3. Way too much information.
4. Thong?

Regards,
Sir CreamofSumYungGuy

Trinity
09-07-2007, 05:51 AM

I remember someone telling me years and years ago that if you want to avoid a hangover cut up a lemon and rub the juice in your armpits it will prevent hangover's. Does it work I have no idea, I was usually to drunk to remember to try it.:coffee:

jackass
09-07-2007, 06:43 AM
I remember someone telling me years and years ago that if you want to avoid a hangover cut up a lemon and rub the juice in your armpits it will prevent hangover's. Does it work I have no idea, I was usually to drunk to remember to try it.:coffee:

One or two glasses of water is all you need. Drink before you go to bed and no hangover.