PDA

View Full Version : Entitlements

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 01:23 PM
The left is basically one big rolled up ball of benefits aka freebies. They will try to get votes any way they can. They want to give felons in prison the ability to vote, then offer them freebies, and get more votes.

But to say they are "entitled" to Gender-Reassignment Surgery? get the F outta here. They're entitled to 3 squares a day and a blanket. Nothing more, IMO.

---

Warren: Inmates Are ‘Entitled to’ Gender-Reassignment Surgery — ‘Important and Appropriate Medical Care’

Thursday during CNN’s LGBTQ issues town hall for the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said she was wrong about a previous statement she made during her 2012 campaign for U.S. Senate calling gender-reassignment surgery for inmates not a “good use of taxpayer dollars.”

In her revised view, Warren called the operation “important and appropriate” when posed the question by CNN host Chris Cuomo.

Partial transcript as follows:

CUOMO: Senator, quick follow. Speak to your evolution on this. In the 2012 campaign for Senate, you criticized a judge’s ruling that granted transition-related surgery to a transgender inmate. You said, “I don’t think it’s a good use of taxpayer dollars.”

WARREN: Right.

CUOMO: Do you regret that?

WARREN: Yep. No, it was a bad answer. And I think it was a bad answer. And I believe that everyone is entitled to medical care and medical care that they need, and that includes people who are transgender, who — it is the time for them to have gender-affirming surgery. I just think that’s important and the appropriate medical care.

CUOMO: So if you help people get to where they want to be, you also have to protect them as what they are. Do you think that a crime against somebody who is transgender should be charged as a hate crime in statute?

WARREN: You know, I think we could if we think that’s going to be the most effective way to make change. So I’m certainly — I’m open to this. But I’ll tell you what I really want. I want a Justice Department that takes this seriously. I want to create a Justice Department that says these crimes matter.

And when they’re not federal crimes, when they are state crimes, in the same way that our Justice Department is empowered to step in if a state is failing to enforce laws and as a result it’s leaving women unprotected, it’s leaving people of color unprotected, the same should happen for LGBTQ people. We need a Justice Department that is on the side of the people, all of the people.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/10/11/warren-inmates-are-entitled-to-gender-reassignment-surgery-important-and-appropriate-medical-care/

STTAB
10-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Gender Dysphoria is a recognized mental disorder, those prisoners are entitled to the appropriate mental help they need.

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Gender Dysphoria is a recognized mental disorder, those prisoners are entitled to the appropriate mental help they need.

I disagree. No way the taxpayers should be footing the bill. Hey, if they have the funds in the bank or a relative willing to pay, that's a little different. But no way the government should be forcing us to foot the bill, just because they got convicted of a crime and went to prison. It's not a freebie for anyone else, and it shouldn't be for felons in prison.

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 01:45 PM
From April... And again, to me, it's about who pays.

Federal appeals court rules prisoners have no right to sex reassignment surgery

A transgender prisoner says she’ll pursue her fight to have Texas pay for gender reassignment surgery after suffering a loss at the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

A lawyer for Vanessa Lynn Gibson, born as Scott Lynn Gibson, says she’ll ask the full 5th Circuit to rehear the case after a three-judge panel upheld the state’s policy that denies funding for the reassignment surgery.

The state will cover hormone and mental health care treatment.

In a 2-1 ruling published Friday, the court said refusing to facilitate the surgery does not constitute cruel and unusual punishment as defined by the Eighth Amendment.

“Under established precedent, it can be cruel and unusual punishment to deny essential medical care to an inmate. But that does not mean prisons must provide whatever care an inmate wants,” wrote Judge James C. Ho, a Trump-appointee, in the 23-page opinion.

Rest - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/2/federal-appeals-court-rules-prisoners-have-no-righ/

STTAB
10-11-2019, 01:53 PM
I disagree. No way the taxpayers should be footing the bill. Hey, if they have the funds in the bank or a relative willing to pay, that's a little different. But no way the government should be forcing us to foot the bill, just because they got convicted of a crime and went to prison. It's not a freebie for anyone else, and it shouldn't be for felons in prison.

Re read what I wrote Jim. They need MENTAL health , that doesn't mean getting surgery to make them look like what they think they are even though they are not.

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Re read what I wrote Jim. They need MENTAL health , that doesn't mean getting surgery to make them look like what they think they are even though they are not.

Oh, I agree. They do deserve the minimum care, which could be mental health help and other things to receive that minimum. I just don't agree with Warren, who says they are entitled to the surgery itself. I think she's nuts on that one.

Kathianne
10-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Oh, I agree. They do deserve the minimum care, which could be mental health help and other things to receive that minimum. I just don't agree with Warren, who says they are entitled to the surgery itself. I think she's nuts on that one.

I think she's nuts on about everything and a liar to boot!

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 02:03 PM
I think she's nuts on about everything and a liar to boot!

Yups. I thought it was bad enough that she was nailed left and right about being an Indian and lying about it for so long. But I figured she got on top of it early enough, apologized and would recover from that one. But turns out she's a serial liar. But more frightening is all the wacky things she claims she would do.

STTAB
10-11-2019, 03:13 PM
These people are so disenguinine that they are CONSTANTLY being caught as liars. They literally don't stand for anything other than getting and keeping power.

The problem for them really isn't that they have became that way, they always have been that way, the problem is that in the information age it's very easy to go back and say "hmmm these assholes are all on record as being against what they say they are now for" sometimes even within the same election cycle.

The problem for US is that so many of their voters don't even care. "Oh Warren lied about everything and? So what, orange man bad"