PDA

View Full Version : Steelers on 3rd string QB - someone mentions Kaepernick

jimnyc
10-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Big Ben is out for the year. That was after losing a record 2 all pro players in RB Le'veon Bell and WR Antonio Brown. I saw this season as a wash already anyway. But yet a good year of building and Ben will be back for 2 more years.

I know this is someone just babbling - but IF they ever did put this shitbrick on the team, I wouldn't watch a single damn second while he's employed there, and I wouldn't wear any of my hats or jerseys or anything. I don't think anyone wants this nightmare coming to their team anyway after all of this, but had to toss in my 2 cents here.

---

As Steelers start undrafted rookie QB, Colin Kaepernick releases fact sheet to eliminate ‘false narratives’

The only thing further away from the NFL than Samford University is Colin Kaepernick.

That appears to be the way Kaepernick feels these days. With former Samford quarterback and undrafted rookie Devlin Hodges set to make his NFL debut this weekend for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kaepernick’s agents were frustrated enough to put out a Q&A compilation on Thursday titled, “Facts to Address the False Narratives Regarding Colin Kaepernick”.

The release includes nine questions and statistics that Kaepernick and his camp believe have been used for more than three years to spread misinformation about him, and his continued quest to land an NFL job. Within the list are answers to the only two questions that matter most at this stage:

“Has Colin been offered a job by an NFL team?”

“Has Colin ever had a workout with an NFL team?”

Rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/as-steelers-start-rookie-qb-colin-kaepernick-releases-fact-sheet-to-eliminate-false-narratives-222908357.html

Elessar
10-11-2019, 02:22 PM
When well over 90% of members on a team refuse to agree to demonstrate
personal politics on the field, that shows they do not want to associate with a locker
room cancer.

They may agree he has a right to his beliefs, but to put them on display come game
day drags the whole organisation. Why do I say that? Because a QB is a recognized
team leader.

STTAB
10-11-2019, 02:48 PM
Big Ben is out for the year. That was after losing a record 2 all pro players in RB Le'veon Bell and WR Antonio Brown. I saw this season as a wash already anyway. But yet a good year of building and Ben will be back for 2 more years.

I know this is someone just babbling - but IF they ever did put this shitbrick on the team, I wouldn't watch a single damn second while he's employed there, and I wouldn't wear any of my hats or jerseys or anything. I don't think anyone wants this nightmare coming to their team anyway after all of this, but had to toss in my 2 cents here.

---

As Steelers start undrafted rookie QB, Colin Kaepernick releases fact sheet to eliminate ‘false narratives’

The only thing further away from the NFL than Samford University is Colin Kaepernick.

That appears to be the way Kaepernick feels these days. With former Samford quarterback and undrafted rookie Devlin Hodges set to make his NFL debut this weekend for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kaepernick’s agents were frustrated enough to put out a Q&A compilation on Thursday titled, “Facts to Address the False Narratives Regarding Colin Kaepernick”.

The release includes nine questions and statistics that Kaepernick and his camp believe have been used for more than three years to spread misinformation about him, and his continued quest to land an NFL job. Within the list are answers to the only two questions that matter most at this stage:

“Has Colin been offered a job by an NFL team?”

“Has Colin ever had a workout with an NFL team?”

Rest - https://sports.yahoo.com/as-steelers-start-rookie-qb-colin-kaepernick-releases-fact-sheet-to-eliminate-false-narratives-222908357.html

They act like they don't understand why CK isn't playing in the NFL when it's so simple even small children understand it. EVERY company around uses cost/benefit analysis when making decisions , especially decisions that could potentially cost tens of millions of dollars. It's simple CK's talents are not great enough to make up for the negative image he has and would bring to whichever team employs him.

A very similar situation involving the same league to look at is Michael Vick. That motherfucker was well and truly hated after being caught fighting dogs, but he had about 3 times more talent than CK so he got another chance. Teams just aren't going to put up with that sort of bullshit for 2nd string talent when 50 new 2nd string talent qbs come available every year. If Tom Brady took a shit on the American flag, the Patriots would keep him. PERIOD.

Abbey Marie
10-11-2019, 03:45 PM
They act like they don't understand why CK isn't playing in the NFL when it's so simple even small children understand it. EVERY company around uses cost/benefit analysis when making decisions , especially decisions that could potentially cost tens of millions of dollars. It's simple CK's talents are not great enough to make up for the negative image he has and would bring to whichever team employs him.

A very similar situation involving the same league to look at is Michael Vick. That motherfucker was well and truly hated after being caught fighting dogs, but he had about 3 times more talent than CK so he got another chance. Teams just aren't going to put up with that sort of bullshit for 2nd string talent when 50 new 2nd string talent qbs come available every year. If Tom Brady took a shit on the American flag, the Patriots would keep him. PERIOD.

The Patriots would claim it never happened.
Even if it was on TV.
And the Commish would agree.

LongTermGuy
10-13-2019, 07:05 PM
​Good luck Jimmy in tonight's Game...should be a good one.