PDA

View Full Version : Dem Rep. Rouda: Some Impeachment Evidence Will Be Released to Public

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 10:34 AM
They want to remove the president of the US. One of the most powerful people in the world, the free world. An elected president by the people of the USA. And yet they want to hide in back rooms, throw republicans out of meetings, and say they will release SOME of the evidence.

I call BS and I say release EVERYTHING - from 2015 til now. Trump's stuff AND the Dem stuff. ALL out in public, including all proceedings.

---

Dem Rep. Rouda: Some Impeachment Evidence Will Be Released to Public

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Representative Harley Rouda (D-CA) stated that once the impeachment inquiry process progresses a little further, “you will start to see some of this evidence coming out to the general public.”

Rouda said, “As to whether the testimony that was provided today, as well as future and past witnesses, whether that’s going to be released in its entirety or partial parts thereof will be determined by Chairman Schiff and the other chairmen of the committee. But I would suffice it to say that once we get through this process a little bit further, you will start to see some of this evidence coming out to the general public.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/10/14/dem-rep-rouda-some-impeachment-evidence-will-be-released-to-public/

STTAB
10-15-2019, 11:26 AM
They want to remove the president of the US. One of the most powerful people in the world, the free world. An elected president by the people of the USA. And yet they want to hide in back rooms, throw republicans out of meetings, and say they will release SOME of the evidence.

I call BS and I say release EVERYTHING - from 2015 til now. Trump's stuff AND the Dem stuff. ALL out in public, including all proceedings.

---

Dem Rep. Rouda: Some Impeachment Evidence Will Be Released to Public

On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Last Word,” Representative Harley Rouda (D-CA) stated that once the impeachment inquiry process progresses a little further, “you will start to see some of this evidence coming out to the general public.”

Rouda said, “As to whether the testimony that was provided today, as well as future and past witnesses, whether that’s going to be released in its entirety or partial parts thereof will be determined by Chairman Schiff and the other chairmen of the committee. But I would suffice it to say that once we get through this process a little bit further, you will start to see some of this evidence coming out to the general public.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/10/14/dem-rep-rouda-some-impeachment-evidence-will-be-released-to-public/

Jim isn't it obvious by now that the Dems aren't going to impeach, they aren't ever going to vote to impeach. This is all political theater designed to smear Trump and Republicans going into 2020. Nothing more.

Elessar
10-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Jim isn't it obvious by now that the Dems aren't going to impeach, they aren't ever going to vote to impeach. This is all political theater designed to smear Trump and Republicans going into 2020. Nothing more.

You just might be right. Posturing with no full release of the fictitious "Evidence".

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Oh, I think perhaps in the house, by the numbers, they very well may impeach. But the senate is a different story, and removal yet another. But their goal is to smear, obstruct, bring the negative and try to win 2020.

STTAB
10-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Oh, I think perhaps in the house, by the numbers, they very well may impeach. But the senate is a different story, and removal yet another. But their goal is to smear, obstruct, bring the negative and try to win 2020.

There will not be a vote to impeach in the House. The ONLY way they pass is if the moderate Democrats who won in 2018 in districts that Trump carried in 2016 vote yes. Without those votes, they don't have the votes to impeach. If those people vote to impeach, they will lose reelection in 2020 , meaning the GOP will take the House (most likely)

There will be no vote to impeach. This is entirely about smearing Trump going into 2020, nothing more.

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 12:25 PM
There will not be a vote to impeach in the House. The ONLY way they pass is if the moderate Democrats who won in 2018 in districts that Trump carried in 2016 vote yes. Without those votes, they don't have the votes to impeach. If those people vote to impeach, they will lose reelection in 2020 , meaning the GOP will take the House (most likely)

There will be no vote to impeach. This is entirely about smearing Trump going into 2020, nothing more.

If they go this far and bail, it harms them. If they vote to impeach, I believe it harms them.

I still believe they have enough votes already, I'll have to look for the articles I read...

STTAB
10-15-2019, 12:28 PM
If they go this far and bail, it harms them. If they vote to impeach, I believe it harms them.

I still believe they have enough votes already, I'll have to look for the articles I read...

Nah, they can always tell their very stupid voter base "well of course we had the votes to impeach him in the House, but for the good of the country we decided there was no point since the racist Republians in the Senate wouldn't convict him"

You watch, that's what will happen. In the end they'll claim that for the good of the country the decided not to impeach given that the Senate wouldn't convict anyway.

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Nah, they can always tell their very stupid voter base "well of course we had the votes to impeach him in the House, but for the good of the country we decided there was no point since the racist Republians in the Senate wouldn't convict him"

You watch, that's what will happen. In the end they'll claim that for the good of the country the decided not to impeach given that the Senate wouldn't convict anyway.

I'll give you that, what they say and what they do can be 2 different universes. They are a little known for their lying ways.

Here's a few articles on the subject, the first touching on what you say.

Will there be enough votes to impeach Donald Trump?

To remove a sitting president from office through the impeachment process is extremely difficult. It requires a two-thirds majority in the Senate, which in contemporary terms, would mean finding 20 Republicans to join 45 Democrats and both of the Senate’s independents, all of whom would have to link arms to remove Donald Trump from office. To put it mildly, it’s a tall order.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Long before the process reaches the upper chamber, there’s a straightforward question about the lower chamber: will there be enough votes in the House to impeach the president?

At first blush, the arithmetic may seem easy: there are 235 House Democrats and it takes 218 votes (a simple majority) to approve articles of impeachment. The odds of success look pretty good.

But in practice, it’s not quite that simple. There are plenty of House Dems representing center-right districts that Trump won in 2016, and those lawmakers would prefer to avoid this fight. There are other Democratic incumbents from competitive districts where impeachment is so unpopular, they fear putting their careers at risk by voting for it.

To assume that the 218 votes will be there when it counts is to underestimate the pressures on many of these lawmakers. Indeed, these same House Democrats have seen the same information we’ve all seen, and they haven’t yet expressed support for impeachment – which suggests they might never come around.

With this in mind, let’s consider the impeachment arithmetic in a little more detail.

The magic number is 218 – the minimum for a majority in the U.S. House. How many members have already endorsed impeachment? That depends on whom you ask.

NBC News’ tally says there are 211 House Democrats and one House independent who support “some type of action on impeachment.” This number suggests proponents only need six more members to reach 218. (As of 4:30 p.m. eastern, the NBC News’ number is up to 216 House Democrats.)

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/will-there-be-enough-votes-impeach-donald-trump

House Democrats Now Have Enough Votes To Impeach Donald Trump

A majority of the House of Representatives now supports the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump for high crimes against his country.

Politico reported, “A majority of the House now backs impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, a significant milestone as Democrats move rapidly on an impeachment inquiry. As of Wednesday night, 218 lawmakers have indicated support for impeachment proceedings — 217 Democrats and independent Rep. Justin Amash.”

Once Speaker Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry, getting a House majority to support it was a done deal. Pelosi is showing how a House can be run when it has a clear and strong leader, which is something that Republicans in the House and the White House know nothing about. The Ukraine scandal opened the floodgates because it revealed that Donald Trump remains a danger to national security. Trump wasn’t happy with one presidential election. He was going to jeopardize both national and election security to win a second term.

Trump has no hope of surviving an impeachment vote in the House. Fear is the only thing stopping a majority of Senate Republicans from supporting the president’s removal from office. When vote on articles of impeachment arrives in the House, the outcome is already known.

Donald Trump will be the third president in US history to have been impeached.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09/25/house-majority-impeachment.html

Kathianne
10-15-2019, 12:48 PM

I think if they do such, the indies and the leaning from Trump will come back in droves. Not a good idea, though you could still be correct.

Kathianne
10-15-2019, 12:53 PM
I'll give you that, what they say and what they do can be 2 different universes. They are a little known for their lying ways.

Here's a few articles on the subject, the first touching on what you say.

Will there be enough votes to impeach Donald Trump?

To remove a sitting president from office through the impeachment process is extremely difficult. It requires a two-thirds majority in the Senate, which in contemporary terms, would mean finding 20 Republicans to join 45 Democrats and both of the Senate’s independents, all of whom would have to link arms to remove Donald Trump from office. To put it mildly, it’s a tall order.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Long before the process reaches the upper chamber, there’s a straightforward question about the lower chamber: will there be enough votes in the House to impeach the president?

At first blush, the arithmetic may seem easy: there are 235 House Democrats and it takes 218 votes (a simple majority) to approve articles of impeachment. The odds of success look pretty good.

But in practice, it’s not quite that simple. There are plenty of House Dems representing center-right districts that Trump won in 2016, and those lawmakers would prefer to avoid this fight. There are other Democratic incumbents from competitive districts where impeachment is so unpopular, they fear putting their careers at risk by voting for it.

To assume that the 218 votes will be there when it counts is to underestimate the pressures on many of these lawmakers. Indeed, these same House Democrats have seen the same information we’ve all seen, and they haven’t yet expressed support for impeachment – which suggests they might never come around.

With this in mind, let’s consider the impeachment arithmetic in a little more detail.

The magic number is 218 – the minimum for a majority in the U.S. House. How many members have already endorsed impeachment? That depends on whom you ask.

NBC News’ tally says there are 211 House Democrats and one House independent who support “some type of action on impeachment.” This number suggests proponents only need six more members to reach 218. (As of 4:30 p.m. eastern, the NBC News’ number is up to 216 House Democrats.)

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/will-there-be-enough-votes-impeach-donald-trump

House Democrats Now Have Enough Votes To Impeach Donald Trump

A majority of the House of Representatives now supports the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump for high crimes against his country.

Politico reported, “A majority of the House now backs impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, a significant milestone as Democrats move rapidly on an impeachment inquiry. As of Wednesday night, 218 lawmakers have indicated support for impeachment proceedings — 217 Democrats and independent Rep. Justin Amash.”

Once Speaker Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry, getting a House majority to support it was a done deal. Pelosi is showing how a House can be run when it has a clear and strong leader, which is something that Republicans in the House and the White House know nothing about. The Ukraine scandal opened the floodgates because it revealed that Donald Trump remains a danger to national security. Trump wasn’t happy with one presidential election. He was going to jeopardize both national and election security to win a second term.

Trump has no hope of surviving an impeachment vote in the House. Fear is the only thing stopping a majority of Senate Republicans from supporting the president’s removal from office. When vote on articles of impeachment arrives in the House, the outcome is already known.

Donald Trump will be the third president in US history to have been impeached.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09/25/house-majority-impeachment.html

I remember their hitting their magic number too, though it was a while ago. It seems to me that it was more of the number that got Pelosi to call it 'an impeachment investigation.' She should have taken a vote for impeachment-though it would not have been 'bi-partisan.'

They don't have the 'goods' to impeach, anymore than the Republicans who would have liked to have seen the Republicans at the time have attempted to do the same for Obama.

If they can whip the House into an impeachment trial, they have to have the proof for the Senate. They are not going to be made the fools for the country by the crazies in the house.

STTAB
10-15-2019, 02:37 PM
I think if they do such, the indies and the leaning from Trump will come back in droves. Not a good idea, though you could still be correct.

Have the Dems done ANYTHING that qualifies as a "good idea" since Trump took office?