PDA

View Full Version : Stupidity at 35,000 feet

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 12:48 PM
And no workers better be wearing any crosses! But rainbow scarves and hats are ok.

Seriously, this is just stupid. If someone complains about how the airline greeted the entire plane, then I suggest they get tossed out at 35k. This "binary" BS is a disease.

--

Air Canada to stop announcing ‘ladies and gentlemen’ in recognition of gender fluidity

Employees aboard Air Canada flights will no longer greet guests by referring to them as "ladies and gentlemen" or "mesdames et messieurs," which has been typical protocol for years, in an effort to be conscious of gender fluidity.

Flight attendants and other staff will not use the language in boarding announcements, and the company instead plans to replace the standard greetings with neutral words, such as "everybody" or "tout le monde."

"We will be amending our onboard announcements to modernize them and remove specific references to gender," a media spokesperson for the company said, also noting that Air Canada was named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for 2019. "We work hard to make sure all employees feel like valued members of the Air Canada family, while ensuring our customers are comfortable and respected when they choose to travel with us."

Canada has taken steps to recognize and protect its citizens who don't identify as either male or female or identify as "non-binary." In the country, gender identity and expression are protected under criminal code, and crimes motivated by such characteristics could constitute hate crimes. It is also illegal in Canada to discriminate against someone based on their gender identity.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/air-canada-to-stop-announcing-ladies-and-gentlemen-in-recognition-of-gender-fluidity

STTAB
10-15-2019, 02:38 PM
I mean they're a private company and can do as they please in this matter, but LOL

LongTermGuy
10-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Leftist (liberal)...Low-info out of touch Politically Correctness getting crazier by the day....Enough!

jimnyc
10-15-2019, 05:13 PM
I mean they're a private company and can do as they please in this matter, but LOL

Oh yeah, no doubt they are entitled to do as they please, within the law. But that doesn't change the stupidity behind it. This is what happens from the non-stop demands from this group, and some then will cave out of ignorance and pandering for votes, business.

STTAB
10-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah, no doubt they are entitled to do as they please, within the law. But that doesn't change the stupidity behind it. This is what happens from the non-stop demands from this group, and some then will cave out of ignorance and pandering for votes, business.

I'm beyond taking it seriously any more Jim, all you can do is laugh, to keep from crying. I mean for God sakes did you see Lebron James literally say the other day that there are consequences for speaking out against China? LOL