PDA

View Full Version : What are your levels of protection on your PC

jimnyc
10-17-2019, 04:25 PM
What security and spyware/malware programs do you run all the time? And what utilities do you run in addition to that at times to scan and protect/clean your computer?

I've been trying all kinds of combos but it's expensive if you venture into using the premium versions from these companies.

Right now I am running Kaspersky Internet Security & Malwarebytes premium in addition to that. Then at least weekly I run CCleaner & Glary Utilities. And I think they all slow down your PC in various different ways. Which is why I started trying different programs. I tried AVG, Avast, McAfee & now Kaspersky. The utilities I have a sh*tload of them and run at different times.

Elessar
10-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Right now I am running Comodo as the Anti-Virus at the recommendation of a tech that cleaned up my PC.
It is not very expensive and stays in the background.
I also use Malwarebytes and CCleaner. I can use MS Defender if I need.
Got Norton online backup as well.

Used to use Norton as primary Antivirus and had McAfee on my laptop. McAfee is a disaster!

Edited to add: I used AVAST briefly but it became problematic with pestering me for additional add-ons.

icansayit
10-17-2019, 05:31 PM
I use McAfee Live Safe as secondary Fire Wall, Virus, and Intrusion protection. $59. a year.

Haven't been attacked since I was on that Other Place...before coming here to DP.

Good to have as much protection as you can. Anyone with a Cellphone...doesn't realize how easy Infections, Virus, and Phish hackers get through. It's like CLOSING THE BARN DOOR after the horses get out...if you don't have it.