PDA

View Full Version : Is Ann Coulter the most irritating woman in the world?

STTAB
10-21-2019, 02:10 PM
Well, that may be over stating things, but she's certainly an idiot.

https://support.google.com/youtube/?p=report_playback

Like Trump is responsible for Paul Ryan being a jerk off and losing the House in 2 short years?

Drummond
10-21-2019, 03:54 PM

Like Trump is responsible for Paul Ryan being a jerk off and losing the House in 2 short years?

I don't know if my not being in America has anything to do with it .. but my attempt to use the link just gave me the following message:

Playback issue submittedThank you for taking the time to let us know about your issue. Your feedback will help our engineering team to improve your viewing experience in the future.

Please visit these playback troubleshooting articles to learn more about potential solutions to your viewing issue.

-- Anyway: I know of Ann Coulter myself, from the days when I was able to watch Fox News (no provider now relays that station over here). I also know of her works from a couple of books she had published here. She also occasionally appears in British interviews, including one, when she managed to make one of our most aggressive and forthright news presenters (Jeremy Paxman) look rather stupid !

I haven't followed her output for quite a while. All I can say in general terms is that I like and admire Ann. Her ascerbic wit, combined with unrelenting contempt for all things Left ... she's just brilliant, in my view.

I've often lamented that she doesn't visit the UK. I wish she would !! She'd certainly shake up some of our people ... and in a very good way.

Thank you for reminding me about her, STTAB. I shall re-acquaint myself with what she's doing these days !

icansayit
10-21-2019, 04:05 PM
So, how many of your books have been published, and on the NYT Best Seller List?

Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961)[2] is an American conservative[3][4][5][6] media pundit, syndicated columnist, and lawyer.

She became known as a media pundit in the late 1990s, appearing in print and on cable news as an outspoken critic of the Clinton administration. Her first book concerned the Bill Clinton impeachment, and sprang from her experience writing legal briefs for Paula Jones's attorneys, as well as columns she wrote about the cases.[7]

Coulter's syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate appears in newspapers, and is featured on conservative websites. Coulter has also written 12 best-selling books expressing her political views.

Drummond
10-21-2019, 04:18 PM
I've managed to find the Coulter-Paxman interview I had in mind (I haven't watched it in years).

Paxman's now retired. But in his heyday he was thought of as the 'BBC's 'rottweiler' of an interviewer, unafraid of getting as aggressive with even top politicians as he felt like being. He has a naturally disparaging manner about him.

He tried those tricks with Ann. He got nowhere, and she (a rare sight) managed, I think, to 'best' him a couple of times, making him look, if anything, a little ineffectual.

Anyway, for whatever it's worth to anyone here (I'm assuming it'll play) .. here's a video of a slightly shortened version of the interview. Its introduction is missing, which is perhaps as well ... it wasn't a complimentary one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbt86Phtv0I

Abbey Marie
10-21-2019, 05:29 PM
THIS is the most annoying person in America.

LongTermGuy
10-21-2019, 08:27 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/43b27e9f9932cd4295756cd25dc0e80b/tenor.gif
http://68.media.tumblr.com/cda1a13ac5444a15f423692f42a25e5b/tumblr_odx2y4yyKm1qe8lb8o1_500.gif

Elessar
10-21-2019, 09:54 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/43b27e9f9932cd4295756cd25dc0e80b/tenor.gif
http://68.media.tumblr.com/cda1a13ac5444a15f423692f42a25e5b/tumblr_odx2y4yyKm1qe8lb8o1_500.gif

Thanks. This is a tie.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 07:42 AM
So, how many of your books have been published, and on the NYT Best Seller List?

Ann Hart Coulter (/ˈkoʊltər/; born December 8, 1961)[2] is an American conservative[3][4][5][6] media pundit, syndicated columnist, and lawyer.

She became known as a media pundit in the late 1990s, appearing in print and on cable news as an outspoken critic of the Clinton administration. Her first book concerned the Bill Clinton impeachment, and sprang from her experience writing legal briefs for Paula Jones's attorneys, as well as columns she wrote about the cases.[7]

Coulter's syndicated column for Universal Press Syndicate appears in newspapers, and is featured on conservative websites. Coulter has also written 12 best-selling books expressing her political views.

What does any of THAT have to do with whether she's irritating or not? Hillary Clinton has written about 50 best selling books, you must think she isn't irritating either? Oh, you do find her to be irritating............

STTAB
10-22-2019, 07:43 AM

I'd have to throw Alyssa Milano in the running as well.

Drummond
10-22-2019, 08:33 AM
I'd have to throw Alyssa Milano in the running as well.

Yes, I can see that. Alyssa Milano is an annoying little Leftie.

I've posted on this before (so I'm not going to re-hash the evidence, yet again !) ... BUT ... there was a Left wing 'indicator' in that long-running series she starred in, called 'Charmed'. There, she played the part of 'Phoebe', witch and columnist for a newspaper, 'The Bay Mirror'.

Anyone comparing the typeface of the 'Bay Mirror' logo, with the real-life typeface used by a British paper called 'The Daily Mirror' will see they're identical (and equally distinctive in design) ... the point being, the Daily Mirror is one of the most stridently Left wing papers the UK has.

I doubt that many Americans would've picked up on that, when viewing the series ... but, it's nonetheless a fact.

Back to Ann Coulter for a moment (gladly so !) ... thanks again to STTAB for reminding me of her. I'm prompted sufficiently to re-acquaint myself with her books ! Several years ago I bought 'How to Talk To A Liberal (If You Must)' ... & enjoyed it. I fully intend to catch up with her literature in the coming weeks !! [I have it in mind to order 'Resistance is Futile', and maybe 'Demonic']

Yes, I know she regularly blogs. I'll be catching up with those, too ....

SassyLady
10-22-2019, 12:18 PM

No, she isn't the most irritating woman.

Kathianne
10-22-2019, 12:33 PM
I've always find Coulter annoying, even when I agreed with her. She makes me look like I do not have a sarcastic thought or word in me. :)

What's funny though is how since she returned to her more libertarian roots, she is no longer the darling of the right.

IMO she is Laura Ingram on snark steroids and doesn't feel that she owes any party her loyalty. With that said, she's more in line with the new Republican Party than the historical one.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 12:33 PM
No, she isn't the most irritating woman.

Agreed. She's fairly irritating, but not the most irritating. And clearly Hillary is THE most irritating woman in the world. I bet half of Democrats , at least, would secretly like to murder her.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 12:57 PM
I've always find Coulter annoying, even when I agreed with her. She makes me look like I do not have a sarcastic thought or word in me. :)

What's funny though is how since she returned to her more libertarian roots, she is no longer the darling of the right.

IMO she is Laura Ingram on snark steroids and doesn't feel that she owes any party her loyalty. With that said, she's more in line with the new Republican Party than the historical one.

I wasn't commenting on whether I liked her not, just on whether she is irritating. I like Donald Trump, but he's irritating as fuck.

Guess I'm just complicated like that.

And I don't care for Coulter, or Judge Jeanine, nor Laura Ingrahm, nor Sean Hannity either. Just for the record.

Drummond
10-22-2019, 03:14 PM

Well, now.

I think Ann Coulter is magnificent !

Ascerbic wit ... an appealing quality, when you want to witness an individual take on the Left, in a bitingly effective and irreverent way. She takes no prisoners. She'll never yield to opposition when she's convinced that opposition has no basis to defend itself (which, so far as I can see, is ... in her terms ... always !).

'Laura Ingraham on snark steroids', seems to me to be an excellent description (I'm somewhat familiar with Laura as a Conservative speaker, too ..). But I don't see it as a minus point for Ann.

Besides, it sells books .....

Ann has contempt for her political opposition, which, when you consider what that opposition IS, can't be less than healthy. She never misses a good chance to slosh them round the chops with biting acid-comments.

She's great.

I wish she'd make the trip over to the UK, and, miraculously, I had the chance to meet her. She'd be in no doubt of my appreciation of her.

What a gal !!!! :salute:

hjmick
10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
No, the coveted "Most Irritating Woman in the World" goes to a woman I work with.

She walks through the door every morning making noise of one kind or another and doesn't stop until she leaves in the afternoon, and even then I surmise that she continues to make noise on her drive home as well as all through the evening. Silence descends only when she falls asleep in a drunken stupor (yes, based on her own ramblings, she drinks, a lot, every evening... bitch shares way too much in the office).

My sister would be runner up.

Then my ex-wife.

Coulter doesn't even show...

Gunny
10-22-2019, 04:46 PM

Like Trump is responsible for Paul Ryan being a jerk off and losing the House in 2 short years?Nancy Grace has Coulter by a mile :) I'm not a fan of Ann's.

LongTermGuy
10-22-2019, 04:50 PM
No, the coveted "Most Irritating Woman in the World" goes to a woman I work with.

She walks through the door every morning making noise of one kind or another and doesn't stop until she leaves in the afternoon, and even then I surmise that she continues to make noise on her drive home as well as all through the evening. Silence descends only when she falls asleep in a drunken stupor (yes, based on her own ramblings, she drinks, a lot, every evening... bitch shares way too much in the office).

My sister would be runner up.

Then my ex-wife.

Coulter doesn't even show...

"[QUOTE=hjmick;945714]No, the coveted "Most Irritating Woman in the World" goes to a woman I work with."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=XH7CXtxOflI

Drummond
10-22-2019, 06:37 PM
"[QUOTE=hjmick;945714]No, the coveted "Most Irritating Woman in the World" goes to a woman I work with."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=64&v=XH7CXtxOflI

A brilliant film ... I've kept a recording of it, when it was aired over here a couple of months ago.

The name of that actor escapes me for the moment. But he sounds convincingly English in the 'X-Men' prequels.

He sounded even more convincingly Scottish, as a guest in a BBC chat show I watched (Graham Norton Show).

Drummond
10-22-2019, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=LongTermGuy;945723]**************************************************
"

A brilliant film ... I've kept a recording of it, when it was aired over here a couple of months ago.

The name of that actor escapes me for the moment. But he sounds convincingly English in the 'X-Men' prequels.

He sounded even more convincingly Scottish, as a guest in a BBC chat show I watched (Graham Norton Show).

... Found it ... he's James McAvoy. Sure enough, he's Scottish ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McAvoy