PDA

View Full Version : Actions have consequendces

STTAB
10-22-2019, 08:07 AM
when will people learn?

You work for THEM, not the other way around. Therefor they have a right to fire you when you malign them on social media.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/money-vs-morals-fond-du-lac-woman-says-she-was-fired-for-standing-up-for-beliefs

Gunny
10-22-2019, 09:12 AM
when will people learn?

You work for THEM, not the other way around. Therefor they have a right to fire you when you malign them on social media.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/money-vs-morals-fond-du-lac-woman-says-she-was-fired-for-standing-up-for-beliefsI don't think anyone believes that anymore; especially, the left. I've noticed there's more than a few on the right anymore than don't believe it either. the left-driven media saturation has drilled it out of people's heads.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 09:18 AM
I don't think anyone believes that anymore; especially, the left. I've noticed there's more than a few on the right anymore than don't believe it either. the left-driven media saturation has drilled it out of people's heads.

Welcome back Gunny, and you're correct. So many people today believe that freedom of speech means they can do or say whatever they want with zero repercussions. Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can gripe about your boss on social media and not be fired LOL

Gunny
10-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Welcome back Gunny, and you're correct. So many people today believe that freedom of speech means they can do or say whatever they want with zero repercussions. Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can gripe about your boss on social media and not be fired LOL Action/reaction is actual (not leftist garbage science) science.

I completely agree and the lefties need look no further than their own actions. The reaction to ANYTHING said or done by the right is truly over the top, no matter how insignificant the initial action. They sure don't believe any action by the right should go unnoticed/without reaction.

Just another double standard that takes this Country further away from any truth.

Elessar
10-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Greetings and Welcome Back!

I agree with the action/reaction. Old saying is "Don't start none, won't be none".
liberals just cannot get that straight.

Gunny
10-22-2019, 09:54 AM
Welcome back Gunny, and you're correct. So many people today believe that freedom of speech means they can do or say whatever they want with zero repercussions. Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can gripe about your boss on social media and not be fired LOL

I agree with the action/reaction. Old saying is "Don't start none, won't be none".

Thank you both STTAB Elessar . I was never gone. Just been tough around here since school started. Right now (this moment) the grandson is still asleep. He's sick. That's how borrowed the time is :) He has no schedule and won't be put on one so it's minute to minute with him.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 09:58 AM

First , as Gunny said, there are plenty on the right who are guilty of this as well and second it isn't a matter of they can't get it straight, they know, they just dont like it and they want it changed. So many people want us to have a system where they themselves are immune to any adverse reaction for their comments or actions while at the same time they are free to mete out "punishment" for the words and actions of others as they see fit.

Kathianne
10-22-2019, 11:39 AM
Thank you both @STTAB (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3853) @Elessar (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3442) . I was never gone. Just been tough around here since school started. Right now (this moment) the grandson is still asleep. He's sick. That's how borrowed the time is :) He has no schedule and won't be put on one so it's minute to minute with him.
I'm sorry the child is sick. Really. But I'm glad you've got the minutes!

Kathianne
10-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Actually the young lady should shut up on Yelp, FB, etc. Leaving false or misleading remarks can get one sued, successfully. It costs business.

Any business is required to serve all, as the bar was doing. Unless someone is going to voice a belief that is going to cause a fight to break out, all's fair, with the other limitations stated by owner.

I think he was nice to just be sending her home, she was a fool to escalate it to a termination.

Now is the owner were doing something illegal, she'd have a right to take them to the law-whistleblower and all that. This wasn't that.

STTAB
10-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Actually the young lady should shut up on Yelp, FB, etc. Leaving false or misleading remarks can get one sued, successfully. It costs business.

Any business is required to serve all, as the bar was doing. Unless someone is going to voice a belief that is going to cause a fight to break out, all's fair, with the other limitations stated by owner.

I think he was nice to just be sending her home, she was a fool to escalate it to a termination.

Now is the owner were doing something illegal, she'd have a right to take them to the law-whistleblower and all that. This wasn't that.

People were up in arms "why didn't the manager just switch servers?" Can you imagine the mayhem that would be created if a manager had to switch servers every time a server didn't like the customers? And what if NO servers liked a particular customer?" I swear to God, people are SO short sighted.

LongTermGuy
10-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Thank you both @STTAB (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3853) @Elessar (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3442) . I was never gone. Just been tough around here since school started. Right now (this moment) the grandson is still asleep. He's sick. That's how borrowed the time is :) He has no schedule and won't be put on one so it's minute to minute with him.

Good to see you Gunny....Grandson will get well soon.

Gunny
10-22-2019, 04:34 PM

People were up in arms "why didn't the manager just switch servers?" Can you imagine the mayhem that would be created if a manager had to switch servers every time a server didn't like the customers? And what if NO servers liked a particular customer?" I swear to God, people are SO short sighted.Aside fom the victim game,
if the manager was in construction, he would just wait a bit while compiling a good reason to terminate employment. I realize that time matters and it isn't always feasible, but in the electrical trade if you step on your own crank, you can just plan on the company "running out of work" :rolleyes: for you.

It might not be exactly fair, but it IS a way around BS like this.

STTAB
10-23-2019, 12:06 PM
Aside fom the victim game,
if the manager was in construction, he would just wait a bit while compiling a good reason to terminate employment. I realize that time matters and it isn't always feasible, but in the electrical trade if you step on your own crank, you can just plan on the company "running out of work" :rolleyes: for you.

I have a buddy who owns several McDonalds and he never fires anyone. He just instructs his management team to cut their hours, give them awful hours, and otherwise fuck with them until the leave. He once told me that in all the years he's owned his places, he's fired about 5 people and only had to deal with a lawsuit from one of those , but that was enough for him, so from now on, if you're a fuck up he'll just put you on the schedule from 10 pm to close 3 days a week or something until you quit LOL

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-23-2019, 05:28 PM
Aside fom the victim game,

First, great to see you are back Gunny and posting my friend. And you are correct, in construction work, stepping out of line with the crew one is on, either gets one terminated, ass stomped or ignored as a fool..--Tyr