PDA

View Full Version : That time again - what can we do to make this place better?

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 03:31 PM
And I don't mean complaints about staff or decisions ya bastards!

Any visual changes? Color changes? Anything anyone can think of to add to the board? More smilies? Less smilies?

Anything at all we can do to bring things up a notch?

I'll do anything I can, within reason, and my knowledge, so speak up!

darin
09-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Boobies :)

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM

That goes without saying! I was thinking of making it mandatory for all the ladies to share with us for continued membership, but to be honest, we just ain't all that and I think they would just run for the hills! :laugh2:

darin
09-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Automerge Double Post. :)

typomaniac
09-06-2007, 03:49 PM
That goes without saying! I was thinking of making it mandatory for all the ladies to share with us for continued membership, but to be honest, we just ain't all that and I think they would just run for the hills! :laugh2:

They would run for their chests? :confused: Sorry! :laugh2:

Seriously, I would like to see a new banner. The existing one looks cheesy. Maybe just some national symbols, or - if you must have soldiers - counterbalance them with peace demonstrators. :dunno:

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 03:49 PM

Huh? Speak English! Did I post 2x by mistake?

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Seriously, I would like to see a new banner. The existing one looks cheesy. Maybe just some national symbols, or - if you must have soldiers - counterbalance them with peace demonstrators. :dunno:

I'm kind of fond of the banner, and to be quite honest, it cost me a pretty penny to have designed! :)

But I'd be just as happy to change it if we can all find something suitable. All I ask, is that the dimensions remain the same, and the picture is 'transparent' so that it would adapt to any color changes we would make with the board.

Anyone else want to throw in some ideas about what we could possibly do for a new banner?

Just an Fyi - this is one that I had designed and paid for too, but never used:

Click to see full size

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/thumbs/m3fkzmizjwyyduminyzw.jpg (http://www.imagehostingsite.com/gallery.php?entry=images/m3fkzmizjwyyduminyzw.jpg)

darin
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Huh? Speak English! Did I post 2x by mistake?

no- I want a hack that takes MULTIPLE consecutive replies by the same user, and places them into ONE reply.

Today Stripey had EIGHT or NINE consecutive replies to ONE thread. :(

OCA
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Bring back Sandy and Janeeng!:finger3:

typomaniac
09-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Automerge doubleplus ungood verging crimethink rectify.

jimnyc
09-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Janeen, of course, she's my sister! I can barely get her on the phone let alone get her to come here and post.

Sandy can go jump off a bridge for all I care!

jackass
09-06-2007, 04:48 PM

I second and third that!!! :dance:

Dont tell Jim...but I have seen Jameems boobies!! :laugh2:

09-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I second and third that!!! :dance:

Dont tell Jim...but I have seen Jameems boobies!! :laugh2:

I think you just told him...

cant think of anything Jim. There is a reason why this is my favorate board to post on as is.

Abbey Marie
09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I like the banner as is.

Can't think of anything that needs improving right now, but I'll think about it.

Kathianne
09-06-2007, 10:30 PM

Gag me.

Monkeybone
09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
peace demonstraters = hippies = BOOOOOO!!!

since i am not a democrat and young does that mean i don't have a heart?

i am all for the boobs. but i also like the other banner. so far everything is good for me.

-Cp
09-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Any visual changes? Color changes? Anything anyone can think of to add to the board? More smilies? Less smilies?

How about getting a hosting company that doesn't make your site go down several times a week? That'd be great.... :)

typomaniac
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Gag me.

Is that an invitation, hon? I get tempted sometimes. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 04:50 AM
How about getting a hosting company that doesn't make your site go down several times a week? That'd be great.... :)

Do you really find it down several times per week? I know it has it's moments, but 'tis the life of being on a "shared server". It definitely has hiccups at times, but vB is SQL intensive and can easily cause slowdowns and crashes if the server is busy. Maybe I'll setup a remote monitor to see just how often the site is unreachable. Since I'm not on 24x7, I could very well miss times that the site dies.

It already costs me a decent amount to have this on a "semi-dedicated" server, I can't afford to upgrade at the moment!

gabosaurus
09-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Pictures of hot looking guys. Since none of the current DP members qualify. :lmao:

theHawk
09-07-2007, 01:15 PM

More smilies!!! :p

Yurt
09-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Yes, more smilies. I want a *spits drink* or something similar smiley. Sometimes the wee laugh smilies are not enough to express how I really feel, deep down, you know. :coffee:

And, we should change any smilie that NM abused:

:laugh2: :popcorn:

Also, make the smilie menu on the right of the post changeable, ie, I want to put my favorite ones there, not the apparent default.

And then....

And then....

And then....

Yurt
09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Pictures of hot looking guys. Since none of the current DP members qualify. :lmao:

http://www.truckschoolsusa.com/

typomaniac
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
http://www.truckschoolsusa.com/

You go to truck school websites to find pictures of hot looking guys? :eek:

darin
09-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Where do YOU go, Typo? You Homo.

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I second that :coffee:

Yurt
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
You go to truck school websites to find pictures of hot looking guys? :eek:

No, I am using my professional edumucashioin to help her realize her potential, given her truck driver thoughts and mouth.

I am asseesteng her in her future.

;)

actsnoblemartin
09-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Im happy with the board :).

typomaniac
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Where do YOU go, Typo? You Homo.

I just went ahead and typed "hotguys.com" to see what I'd get. The result was predictable enough. :puke3:

-Cp
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you really find it down several times per week? I know it has it's moments, but 'tis the life of being on a "shared server". It definitely has hiccups at times, but vB is SQL intensive and can easily cause slowdowns and crashes if the server is busy. Maybe I'll setup a remote monitor to see just how often the site is unreachable. Since I'm not on 24x7, I could very well miss times that the site dies.

It already costs me a decent amount to have this on a "semi-dedicated" server, I can't afford to upgrade at the moment!

Yup.. it does Jim.....

How much do you pay now for being on a shared server?

Yurt
09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I just went ahead and typed "hotguys.com" to see what I'd get. The result was predictable enough. :puke3:

:alcoholic:

next time you need a prediction, just PM me your paypal account and I will tell you all you want to hear.

:finger3:

Yurt
09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Im happy with the board :).

http://www.shelterrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/shelterrific.kleenex.jpg

jimnyc
09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Yup.. it does Jim.....

How much do you pay now for being on a shared server?

$30 per month on a semi-dedicated server (10 other users) as opposed to a typical shared server environment where there is anywhere from 800-3000 sites on a server.

jackass
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
How is this???