PDA

View Full Version : Y'know what really pisses me off??? (driving rant)

dan
09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
When you're stopped on a steep incline, steep enough that when you let off the gas, your car wants to roll backwards, and some asshole pulls up and stops right behind you!

I was leaving Best Buy yesterday, they're doing construction in that area and traffic was really bad. I was trying to merge into traffic that was stopped at a red light. Someone was nice enough to let me in, so I wave (that's another thing, wave when someone gives you a break, you selfish bastards!) and pull up, putting myself at a steep incline, as the driveway as well as the road are slanted upward. And, here comes this dipshit nerd hauling ass to pull in behind me since this lady was nice enough to let me merge. I swear this guy was no more than 6 inches behind me, and so, when the light turns green, I have to immediately let go of the brake and step on the gas in the space of like a second to keep from hitting him. Which I would've loved to have done, but whatever.

Georgia drivers, man, they're almost as bad as Pennsylvania drivers. Except for Mr. P and Hag, and anyone else on this board who's from GA or PA.:laugh2:

hjmick
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Cosby does a great riff on this idea, driving in San Francisco.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TC9Z5XU1NjY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TC9Z5XU1NjY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

jackass
09-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Dan...here is a little trick...

Pull on your e-brake...then you have both feet to work the gas and clutch. Once you feel the tranny grabbing...you can start to take the e-brake off. :cool:

Yurt
09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey Dan...here is a little trick...

Pull on your e-brake...then you have both feet to work the gas and clutch. Once you feel the tranny grabbing...you can start to take the e-brake off. :cool:

You need the e-brake to that? You can do that Dan without the e-brake, it just takes a wee bit of skill. :cool:

jackass
09-07-2007, 04:45 PM
You need the e-brake to that? You can do that Dan without the e-brake, it just takes a wee bit of skill. :cool:

I dont need it. Just teaching the youngster a trick... :cool:

Yurt
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I dont need it. Just teaching the youngster a trick... :cool:

;)

:D