PDA

View Full Version : W-10 Narrator

Elessar
10-28-2019, 12:44 PM
My brother sent me this.

Seems to be handy at times:

)If you or friends are visually impaired - or live through Typonese like I do, there is a program in Windows 10 called 'Narrator'.
When activated it will tell your what function or site you are in, and will narrate your keystrokes. It can be annoying in chat, but is easy to shut off, too

STTAB
10-28-2019, 12:56 PM
I just bought a Chromebook laptop, just for surfing the web , posting here that kind of thing, and it has a similar option in the accessibility options. Just turn it on and it pretty much reads every keystroke as well as telling you what web page you are on etc etc, I find it annoying myself. I accidentally turned it on and it took me awhile to figure out how to turn it off. But once you know how it is easy.

Elessar
10-28-2019, 01:58 PM
I just bought a Chromebook laptop, just for surfing the web , posting here that kind of thing, and it has a similar option in the accessibility options. Just turn it on and it pretty much reads every keystroke as well as telling you what web page you are on etc etc, I find it annoying myself. I accidentally turned it on and it took me awhile to figure out how to turn it off. But once you know how it is easy.

I have a friend in another site who is functionally blind. It is a great help to her.

STTAB
10-28-2019, 02:01 PM
I have a friend in another site who is functionally blind. It is a great help to her.

Yes I can imagine how useful it is. Definitely one of the areas where modern technology has improved the world.