PDA

View Full Version : NK Fires Something Towards Japan

Kathianne
10-31-2019, 11:17 AM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1197995/North-Korea-missile-latest-Japan-Kim-Jong-un-nuclear-weapon-World-War-3

STTAB
10-31-2019, 11:32 AM
Are we supposed to get worked up every time NK fires SOMETHING into the ocean?

pete311
10-31-2019, 11:41 AM
Maybe Trump will also get another love letter from Un

STTAB
10-31-2019, 11:44 AM
Maybe Trump will also get another love letter from Un

Another thread shit on by Pete, imagine that.

pete311
10-31-2019, 11:49 AM

love you too

jimnyc
10-31-2019, 12:36 PM

Seriously, PLEASE, if he trolls with a one liner, PLEASE ignore it and let folks have decent discussion about things. If he participates otherwise, then by all means have fun. But if it's not something worthy of replying to, then don't reply.

We, as a community, need to work together to make this place more decent - AND LEAVE POLITICS out of it, and make the place better simply on how folks post and treat one another. If someone can't even at least start off with a discussion, then reply to someone else. If someone posts a meme and folks don't like it, please either move on or report a meme outside of humor and we can move it there. I want to TRY to make threads better and friendlier and not make others than not want to participate.

But again, not because of someone's political position. Someone posting something we don't like politically is Aok. Even folks who disagree can still post like humans, or not come here solely to fight or push others away or degrade someone.

pete311
10-31-2019, 12:42 PM
How the fuck is STAAB's one liner any more constructive than mine?

jimnyc
10-31-2019, 12:51 PM

At least he offered a little substance, and it wasn't to try and degrade the person he was responding to or trying to be sarcastic and or making things worse here for others. The first honor in this thread went to you with the letter BS rather than discuss something. And then I'll agree that anyone forward from there, when the discussion then becomes something other than the OP, is also wrong for taking your bait. As I am for responding at all of it.

Quite frankly, I think you should take your panties off, put on a mans pair of underwear and learn how to have a discussion with people - especially when they have pointed out your one liner BS over and over and over. So others may not be perfect, but it's generally you getting the ball rolling with the insults and/;or off topic BS.

I am speaking for myself and what my intention is to do. I cannot and will not force others to do anything. But if the main complaint is insults and personal comments, and the majority of your posts do just that, then that's why I point out to the other member that it's easier AND better to just ignore and move on.

And Sttab discusses MANY subjects, every day. I can't remember the last time you wrote more than a sentence or 2, and that wasn't an insult or complaint or personal comment type of thing. And so be it, maybe you feel the same about others, I dunno. I just know that I am encouraging members to pass on by any such things that they feel is insulting or degrading pr personal - things they don't like - rather then respond and/or make a thread worse, to ignore things that bother them like that.

STTAB
10-31-2019, 12:54 PM

Sorry about my STTAB privilege.

:laugh2:

jimnyc
10-31-2019, 01:03 PM
Sorry about my STTAB privilege.

:laugh2:

I think folks should look around today and see how it happens. We already have like 3 threads running today turning to garbage already. Due to starting off with some crap replies and others following suit. And the saddest part is that we don't have a SINGLE member here that I don't like or don't want posting here. I have had some great discussions with folks over the years and made friends. And then folks disagree over political decisions out there, and respect goes out the window. But if folks WANT higher standards, and DON'T like the infighting and comments and such, then we all need to act accordingly. That doesn't mean the board will suddenly be free of all insults and things we don't like, but I bet it makes things better.

But yeah, it sucks to see threads all degrade so quickly, and usually personal feelings or sarcasm leads the way for others. Don't take the bait at such times as we know that folks don't want to see threads killed on the first page, and folks aren't keen on even posting in threads where others are being degrading and/or not really wanting to discuss things but rather toss crap at one another.

Once again, I'll try to go around later to any threads that look like folks want to discuss anything, and clean up if necessary. I just think folks, all of us, need to solely be accountable for ourselves. So I expect either a learning curve in threads and see how folks decide they want to proceed. I'm speaking for myself in what I would like to see, and what I plan on ignoring and what I think would make threads better for everyone, regardless of their political opinions.

STTAB
10-31-2019, 01:09 PM
I think folks should look around today and see how it happens. We already have like 3 threads running today turning to garbage already. Due to starting off with some crap replies and others following suit. And the saddest part is that we don't have a SINGLE member here that I don't like or don't want posting here. I have had some great discussions with folks over the years and made friends. And then folks disagree over political decisions out there, and respect goes out the window. But if folks WANT higher standards, and DON'T like the infighting and comments and such, then we all need to act accordingly. That doesn't mean the board will suddenly be free of all insults and things we don't like, but I bet it makes things better.

But yeah, it sucks to see threads all degrade so quickly, and usually personal feelings or sarcasm leads the way for others. Don't take the bait at such times as we know that folks don't want to see threads killed on the first page, and folks aren't keen on even posting in threads where others are being degrading and/or not really wanting to discuss things but rather toss crap at one another.

Once again, I'll try to go around later to any threads that look like folks want to discuss anything, and clean up if necessary. I just think folks, all of us, need to solely be accountable for ourselves. So I expect either a learning curve in threads and see how folks decide they want to proceed. I'm speaking for myself in what I would like to see, and what I plan on ignoring and what I think would make threads better for everyone, regardless of their political opinions.

I was just making a funny. Well , trying to anyway.

Now enough derailing Kath's thread.

I'd like her to address my original question, Should we get worked up over every military exercise NK has ? Seems to me that is what THEY do. They KNOW that every year we're going to have a joint exercise with South Korea and that it doesn't threaten them in any way shape or form, and yet every year they act as they are mortified that we are having a joint exercise with South Korea and that it is evidence that an attack on North Korea is imminent. Yet it never is, because all that joint exercise is is our two countries strutting around in North Korea's face. They respond by randomly tossing some missiles into the ocean. As long as they aren't nuclear, who cares.

Kathianne
10-31-2019, 01:11 PM
I was just making a funny. Well , trying to anyway.

Now enough derailing Kath's thread.

I'd like her to address my original question, Should we get worked up over every military exercise NK has ? Seems to me that is what THEY do. They KNOW that every year we're going to have a joint exercise with South Korea and that it doesn't threaten them in any way shape or form, and yet every year they act as they are mortified that we are having a joint exercise with South Korea and that it is evidence that an attack on North Korea is imminent. Yet it never is, because all that joint exercise is is our two countries strutting around in North Korea's face. They respond by randomly tossing some missiles into the ocean. As long as they aren't nuclear, who cares.
I just posted a news story, I'm not getting into any political discussions.

jimnyc
10-31-2019, 01:44 PM
Folks are eventually going to have to TRY and do the things I mention, or the board will in fact go down.

I don't know why folks can't post and enjoy themselves, then ignore the crap or put it on ignore, then continue to enjoy themselves. But EVERYTHING comes down to what others say, what others do and such. But if we avoided the crap, then there would be no need for folks to stop posting or not getting involved and such.

Unless everyone literally hates one another here, then I would understand everything completely and it would all then make sense. One big free for all of hatred and insults, and obviously no reason at attempting to post and respond to others.

So avoiding the crap, and staying with the good, I will never ever ever understand what is so dang difficult about that.

YOU ALL have that ability. I MUST see everything and am literally unable to escape it, and yet I can somehow ignore people when I say I will, and that's not even using such an ignore function. So I'll never understand why folks complain about such things, and then don't want to post or respond. If unhappy with something, and one could make it literally disappear, why would they stay unhappy about something and not make the negative disappear? Whether that be by button or manually. Surely if a jerk like me can do it manually, then others can to.

I'm not gonna even ask anymore. I'm only gonna do what I say I am going to do, and then try and do just that. If folks prefer to not post because of as-is, and see no participation here as a total, then so be that as well. Unless that's what folks want.

STTAB
10-31-2019, 02:06 PM
I just posted a news story, I'm not getting into any political discussions.

What was political about my question? I'm asking why we as Americans individually should even care , let alone get worried, about NK launching some missiles into the ocean?

Kathianne
10-31-2019, 02:11 PM
What was political about my question? I'm asking why we as Americans individually should even care , let alone get worried, about NK launching some missiles into the ocean?

See my last post. I'm not commenting on what the US should do on one thing or another, I got the message. Thanks for asking though.

STTAB
10-31-2019, 02:22 PM
See my last post. I'm not commenting on what the US should do on one thing or another, I got the message. Thanks for asking though.

First of all, I wasn't asking about what the USG should be doing, I was asking why you Kath should be upset about NK firing a missile into the ocean.

Second of all, I'm not sure you're having a pity party here lately, but knock it off, for real. No one of any consequence wants you to stop posting your opinions on this board, and I know for a damn fact that Jim isn't going to allow anyone to chase you off.

Post your goddamned opinions and back those opinions up with facts you do that better than most on here and there is no reason for you to stop doing so now.

Damn, you brought out the Colonel Dad in me a little there. Okay too serious for sure.

jimnyc
10-31-2019, 02:28 PM

Seriously, if someone doesn't want to participate, we'll respect that. And if someone goes out of the line of respect or decency, then just ignore it and move on. Too many posts about negativity. Let each person decide who they want to be for themselves.

STTAB
10-31-2019, 02:53 PM
Seriously, if someone doesn't want to participate, we'll respect that. And if someone goes out of the line of respect or decency, then just ignore it and move on. Too many posts about negativity. Let each person decide who they want to be for themselves.

Obviously, I was just genuinely confused as to what was political about asking why I STTAB should care that NK fired some rinky dink missiles into the ocean.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-31-2019, 04:15 PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1197995/North-Korea-missile-latest-Japan-Kim-Jong-un-nuclear-weapon-World-War-3

Getting back on topic......

Why should NK act any differently since decades back every President has rewarded them for this ind of aggressive, belligerent act?
Clinton gave them billions and helped them with their missile/military and nuking up program.
Now the little worthless son acting as dictator there now wants his mulla, his worldwide recognition, etc...
Problem is he may actually get rewarded since Trump is so occupied with getting re-elected, and facing impeachment and who knows how many other non-stop-relentless bullshit attacks by the dems. -Tyr