PDA

View Full Version : NeverTrumpism Is a Mental Illness

jimnyc
11-03-2019, 11:18 AM
That part I think is true. Ask someone to at least discuss the things they think Trump did accomplish that they think was good. If someone says zero, they are a hack. And I think the same applies to the right and say, Obama, or Clinton. I mean, I don't like them, and the majority of things they did, but they got some shit done that was good for the country as well. But a hack will ignore ALL things and solely concentrate on anything negative and swear away anything good that may have happened.

Just because this article today mentions the never Trump stuff, it is NOT about folks here or intended to start an argument. This is about the hacks out there that the article speaks of and the type I just mentioned. If someone says, for example, that a lower unemployment for black folks is a good thing, how do you disagree with that? And some will, or outright ignore it and then proclaim Trump has done nothing. That's the folks with the illness, and I think you may even find some on the nightly news, sadly.

---

NeverTrumpism Is a Mental Illness

One of the best ways to understand a person's state of mind about politics is to ask him whether he thinks that a politician he generally disagrees with has ever done anything good. Is there one decision or policy he favors? Just one? If the answer is "no," you know you're dealing with someone who's so blinded by and obsessed with hatred that he can't possibly be taken seriously. About anything.

Case in point: a Twitter conversation I had today with Doug Mataconis, who blogs at Outside The Beltway, a once respectable and much respected conservative-libertarian blog. Doug started it all by tweeting out that he has lived through 10 presidents -- "Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama and Trump -- and the current Potus is without question the worst."

I've lived through 10 Presidents -- Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan , Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama and Trump --- and the current @POTUS is without question the worst.

— Doug Mataconis (@dmataconis) November 2, 2019

One John Powers responded to that by writing, "Remember all those Never Obamas and Never Bushers who fled their party en masse? Yeah, me neither."

Remember all those Never Obamas and Never Bushers who fled their party en masse? Yeah, me neither.

— John Powers (@ReportingfromNY) November 2, 2019

To which Doug responded that there were also no Never Reagan or Never Clinton movements because "none of these men had the obvious contempt for political norms, decency, the Rule of Law, our allies, and American national interests that Trump has demonstrated. And none of them were as plainly indecent."

That latter remark is rather telling. After all, Nixon was basically a political version of The Godfather, and Lyndon B. Johnson was known -- then and now -- to be a) extremely racist and b) incredibly rude.

I pointed that out in a short tweet.

You'd think that Doug would agree, but no. Instead, he stepped it up a notch.

LBJ was at least decent at domestic policy. Without him we would not have had the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or the Voting Rights Act.

LBJ, Doug wrote, was at least "decent at domestic policy. Without him, we would not have had the Civil Rights Act of 1964 or the Voting Rights Act."

I responded, "As for decency: LBJ was a monster. The only difference was that media were less big back then and he got away [with it]."

Additionally, it's difficult to argue that ALL of Trump's policies are bad. Even his most passionate detractors will admit he has done some things they are happy with.

As for decency: LBJ was a monster. The only difference was that media were less big back then and he got away

— Michael van der Galien (@MichaelvdGalien) November 2, 2019

In that last tweet, I also told Doug that "it's difficult to argue that ALL of Trump's policies are bad. Even his most passionate detractors will admit he has done some things they are happy with."

Oh no, Doug wrote: "Name one. From my point of view, I don't see anything good, decent, or honorable about Trump."

Name one. From my point of view I don't see anything good, decent, or honorable about Trump.

"Not one policy, not one rule that he abolished, nothing good? Anywhere? Doug, that tells me more about your state of mind than it tells me about Trump," I responded, after which I listed some of Trump's accomplishments: "Lowest unemployment African Americans. Lowest unemployment Hispanics. Lowest unemployment women. Some great deregulation. Lowest marg. tax rate for small businesses in decades, coal exports have exploded, and so on. It's seriously ridiculous to state he has done 'nothing good.'"

Lowest unemployment African Americans. Lowest unemployment Hispanics. Lowest unemployment women. Some great deregulation. Lowest marg. tax rate for small businesses in decades, coal exports have exploded, and so on. It's seriously ridiculous to state he has done 'nothing good'

— Michael van der Galien (@MichaelvdGalien) November 2, 2019

And that's when it became clear to me that NeverTrumpers truly suffer from some kind of derangement syndrome. Here's Doug's response:

The regulatory repeal was accomplished by Congress, not Trump. It would have happened with any Republican President. Same goes for the Judges, and I can't say I'm entirely thrilled with all his choices there to begin with. And his foreign policy has been pandering to dictators.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/nevertrumpers-are-mentally-ill/

jimnyc
11-03-2019, 12:15 PM
With American special forces killing everything around you with bombs and sophisticated weaponry, and one nasty Belgian Malinois nipping at your heels readying to eat you, it wouldn't be surprising for really anyone to be whimpering in such a predicament. And I hope he was, I hope his heart was beating out of his chest, knowing he had little alternative but to be double tapped between the eyes, or detonating and blowing himself into pieces.

---

Ridiculous Media Investigates Trump's Claim That al-Baghdadi Was 'Whimpering' And 'Crying' Before His Death

The media's Trump Derangement Syndrome has reached a fever pitch as journalists call President Trump a liar for claiming that ISIS founder Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was "whimpering" and "screaming" as U.S. forces closed in on him.

The New York Times seemingly interviewed everyone with knowledge about the raid, but they cannot confirm the terrorist was in fact "whimpering and crying and screaming" before his death.

White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham responded to the Times report in an email by asking, “Is it not possible to just celebrate that a terrorist, murderer and rapist has been killed?”

CNN anchor Brian Stelter responded to Grisham's question during an interview. "Yes. Of Course. I think it's been very clear for a week there's been a celebration that al-Baghdadi is dead. But it is also possible to expect the president to tell the truth..." Stelter argued.

What celebration? The Washington Post mourned the passing of an "austere religious scholar" the day the terrorist's death was announced.

The media "celebrated" by complaining that Trump notified the Russians but failed to notify Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff.

The media "celebrated" by complaining about Trump's "tone" and how the real credit belongs to the intelligence agencies, something unutterable for the media when President Obama nabbed Osama bin Laden.

President Trump said the terrorist was "whimpering and crying and screaming," and he probably was. It's such a ridiculous point for the media to fixate on.

Americans celebrated al-Baghdadi's death, and the media won't stop whimpering and crying about it.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2019/11/03/ridiculous-media-investigate-trumps-claim-that-al-baghdadi-was-whimpering-and-n2555797

FakeNewsSux
11-03-2019, 01:50 PM
I believe that most people have no real appreciation for the power of the "Deep State". When you read the opinions of people such as Doug Mataconis, you can get a feel for the level of indebtedness to or affinity for the Deep State. A supposedly reasonable and educated person willing to risk his reputation on which he bases his very livelihood simply to protect a nameless, faceless power structure that feels threatened demonstrates what President Trump is up against.

The collapse of the Soviet empire, though relatively bloodless, took its' toll via decades of economic deprivation for the citizenry before it came about. We got a taste of what the eventual collapse of the brutal Chinese thugocracy will look like at Tiananmen Square. I believe that most Americans understand that the power structure in Washington is in desperate need of reform and that President Trump is taking the proper firm yet orderly approach. I pray that the alternative efforts, a bloody civil war or total submission to our government overlords, never come to pass.

STTAB
11-04-2019, 03:34 PM
I believe that most people have no real appreciation for the power of the "Deep State". When you read the opinions of people such as Doug Mataconis, you can get a feel for the level of indebtedness to or affinity for the Deep State. A supposedly reasonable and educated person willing to risk his reputation on which he bases his very livelihood simply to protect a nameless, faceless power structure that feels threatened demonstrates what President Trump is up against.

The collapse of the Soviet empire, though relatively bloodless, took its' toll via decades of economic deprivation for the citizenry before it came about. We got a taste of what the eventual collapse of the brutal Chinese thugocracy will look like at Tiananmen Square. I believe that most Americans understand that the power structure in Washington is in desperate need of reform and that President Trump is taking the proper firm yet orderly approach. I pray that the alternative efforts, a bloody civil war or total submission to our government overlords, never come to pass.

I believe it's going to come to civil war. Trump is finding out just how difficult unseating the "deep state" is.

LongTermGuy
11-04-2019, 06:20 PM
I believe it's going to come to civil war. Trump is finding out just how difficult unseating the "deep state" is.

Probably (Civil War) and not surprising...considering the Hate sore - Loser never-Trumpers and the suicidal..insane leftists have for Donald Trump...it is what it is...so be it... bring it...See..The Americans wont start it....but will finish it....Its all up to the crazies on just how far they wanna go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLBoqHIDus