PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Heckled By Peace Niks

red states rule
02-02-2007, 07:26 PM
The Red Queen already experiencing some resistance on her way to what she believes is her birthright - the Dems nomination for Pres

Hillary Heckled by Anti-war Activists at DNC Meeting
Posted by Noel Sheppard on February 2, 2007 - 17:02.
As NewsBuster Mark Finkelstein reported, Hillary Clinton, speaking at the Democratic National Committee’s winter meeting, talked about a Hugo Chavez-like plan to take profits away from America’s oil companies for a “strategic energy fund.” At the same event, Hillary was heckled by the crowd for her position on the Iraq war.

Think that might be covered by the broadcast networks during their evening news programs tonight?

As reported by the liberal blog Raw Story:

Earlier today, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) was heckled at the DNC winter meeting by audience members who are unhappy with her stance on the war in Iraq.

Clinton, who voted in 2002 to give President Bush the right to use force to overthrow the Saddam Hussein regime, spoke today of the non-binding resolution that will appear before the Senate next week as the first time the Democrats will "tell the president, 'no!'"

However, her speech was nearly derailed by a handful of guests in attendance shouting "make it binding!" and "how about you bring them home."

Any bets on whether that video footage makes it on to the primetime news programs this evening?

http://newsbusters.org/node/10584

So now Hillary has her greedy hands out to steal legal profits from US companies. Perhaps she should run for President in Cuba. She would feel right at home there

stephanie
02-03-2007, 12:59 AM
So now Hillary has her greedy hands out to steal legal profits from US companies. Perhaps she should run for President in Cuba. She would feel right at home there

Or Venezulia...
I would bet her and Hugo would probably hit off...;)

red states rule
02-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Or Venezulia...
I would bet her and Hugo would probably hit off...;)

But some in the liberal media is openly rooting for her..........

Matthews' Message to Bill: 'Behave' for Hillary's Sake!
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on February 3, 2007 - 06:57.
Does Chris Matthews know something about what Bill Clinton has been up to, so to speak?

Not once, not twice, but no fewer than 12 times during a two-minute period on Friday's Hardball, Matthews raised the question of whether the former president would "behave himself," not cause "distractions" with his "private life," etc. Chris' guest was Hillary confidant and campaign aide Ann Lewis, who is also sister to Rep. Barney Frank.

View video here.

Here's how it went:

Matthews: "Is Bill Clinton going to be a problem in this campaign? Is he going to behave himself?

Lewis pretended not to know what Matthews was referring to, answering instead about how Clinton had been around the campaign and traveling around the world to save lives.

Chris continued to pound the point, getting less subtle: "Is he going to behave himself? Is he going to behave himself, and not cause publicity that's going to get her embarrassed?"

Again, Lewis answered a question different from the one Matthews was asking. She suggested Chris speak with Schumer and Rahm Emanuel as to the number of campaign appearances Bill had made.

Matthews, yet again: "He's going to behave himself, right? No bad publicity?"

After alluding to a New York Times story speculating about Bill's private life, Matthews yet again asked the question: "so he's going to behave himself? He's going to behave himself so Hillary can be the first woman president?"

And then: "I think it would be great for the country if we were not distracted by what you call 'private life'. And I think the way not to get distracted is to have nothing there to distract us."

Lewis tried to change the subject: "Well, I agree with that, but we've just spent how many minutes of this segment, three minutes, talking about there should be nothing to distract us? Why don't we stop talking about it and talk about the issues?" Which goes to prove that time doesn't fly when you're not having fun. They had only been discussing the issue for 1 minute, 15 seconds when Ann complained about the "three minutes."

In closing, Chris went into virtual Hillary campaign-consultant mode, using Lewis as a vehicle to get his message back to Bill: "I want to have some assurances from people that I trust and like to spread the word that he better watch it. I am watching it."

Got it, Bill? Behave!

http://newsbusters.org/node/10588

Gaffer
02-03-2007, 02:41 PM
What's the softball master going to do if willie doesn't behave?

red states rule
02-03-2007, 02:44 PM
What's the softball master going to do if willie doesn't behave?

She will threaten to stay married to him and start living with him under the same roof after the 08 election