PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Says He Will Probably Disclose Whistleblower’s Name

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 08:18 AM
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. My initial thought is no way no how, you can't be fucking with a whistleblower like that, or none in the future will do the "right" thing.

But this is no normal case. Biden needs to be fully brought in, and his whole case fully exposed as well.

This whistle blower, perhaps have an independent person look at it. If it is in fact someone who worked for Joe Biden, worked for the Democrats, was in the WH and could be potentially looked at as a little less than a whistleblower. And even then, this is the potential removal of the president of the USA here, and everything needs to be 100% on the up and up. Nothing should be hidden IMO, and nothing at all from Trump pertaining to this case either.

But that also means a vote, now. Then open things up publicly and allow the republicans equal rights. No one sided case, open up their side for investigation entirely as well.

In the end, I don't think Rand does this, too much pressure. But I think there will also be pressure from within to release things the RIGHT way and even have this person testify, not just toss in crap from the outside.

---

Rand Paul Says He Will Probably Disclose Whistleblower’s Name, Calls Him a ‘Material Witness’

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said Tuesday he will probably disclose the name of the whistleblower whose complaint prompted House Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

He told reporters Tuesday evening that he “probably will” disclose the whistleblower’s name, according to reports.

“I’m more than willing to, and I probably will at some point,” he said, according to the Hill. “There is no law preventing anybody from saying the name.”

During a rally in Kentucky on Monday night, he called on the media who know his name to “do your job and print his name.”

The New York Times first identified the whistleblower as a male who works as a CIA analyst. RealClearInvestigations was the first media outlet to report that it is likely CIA analyst Eric Ciaramella.

Ciaramella joined the National Security Council in 2015 and worked with former Vice President Joe Biden. He stayed on at the NSC until 2017, when he was suspected of leaks to the media. He reportedly returned to his home agency.

Paul said during the rally on Monday:

We also now know the name of the whistleblower. The whistleblower needs to come forward as a material witness because he worked for Joe Biden at the same time Hunter Biden was getting money from corrupt oligarchs.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/11/05/rand-paul-says-he-will-probably-disclose-whistleblowers-name-calls-him-a-material-witness/

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Most know already anyway, it's just not been an official release of his name yet. And with all of his connections I can certainly see why the democrats want to keep it a secret for as long as they can.

Adam Schiff has been responsible for leaking information, more than I have ever seen from an individual in the past 2-3 years. Not to mention also making up information and "evidence".

--

‘Whistleblower’ Attorney Warns Rand Paul: You and Trump Will Be Responsible for Any Harm If You Publicize Name

Mark Zaid, attorney for the so-called ‘whistleblower’ in the Ukraine impeachment inquiry, warned Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) against publicizing the name of the ‘whistleblower’, saying he and President Trump would be responsible for any harm that befalls his client. Zaid then went on to mock Paul as acting like Eric Cartman in South Park before ending his criticism by saying Paul’s actions “undermine #whistleblower protection & may lead to physical harm/harassment of my client.”

Zaid was responding to Paul telling reporters he will likely name the ‘whistleblower’ as there is no legal prohibition from him doing so.

“If he does, he will be personally responsible for anything harmful that happens. And let’s be clear,
@RandPaul will be acting as surrogate for President Trump, making him just as responsible.”

https://i.imgur.com/6nsaHiD.png

Zaid keyed off a report by The Hill on Paul’s comments to reporters Tuesday:

…”I’m more than willing to, and I probably will at some point. … There is no law preventing anybody from saying the name,” Paul told reporters.

Paul doubled down on potentially publicly releasing the whistleblower’s name during an interview with Fox News’s Bret Baier on Tuesday night, saying that he “may” disclose the name.

“There’s nothing that prevents me from saying it now,” Paul said.

Questioned on why he didn’t go to the Senate floor and disclose the name as part of a speech, he added, “I can, and I may, but I can do it right now if I want. Nothing stops me.”

Paul stressed during the Fox News interview that he was convinced he knew the individual’s identity but that he had so far refrained from saying the name because he wanted to keep the focus on the process.

“I want it to be more about the process and less about the person,” Paul argued. “Nothing stops me. There’s no law that stops me from doing it other than that I don’t want to make it about the one individual.”…

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/whistleblower-attorney-warns-rand-paul-you-and-trump-will-be-responsible-for-any-harm-if-you-publicize-name/

Leaker Adam Schiff Threatens Ethics Complaint Against Staffer Who Leaked Name of Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella

Adam Schiff is famous for leaking classified information to the liberal media.

In fact Schiff has allegedly leaked classified information from a committee hearing while the hearing was still ongoing!

In January Donald Trump Jr. accused Adam Schiff of leaking his testimony to the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2_unSh8vzg

But Adam Schiff does not like it when other people leak. He won’t stand for it.

According to reporter Paul Sperry Rep. Adam Schiff is threatening an ethics complaint against the staffer who leaked the name of whistleblower Eric Ciaramella to the press.

It sounds like Schifty Schiff just confirmed that Ciaramella is the whistleblower, huh?

Paul Sperry was the first major investigative journalist to disclose that Trump-hating liberal Eric Ciaramella was Schiff’s whistleblower.

The Gateway Pundit reported on Ciaramella for several weeks.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/report-leaker-adam-schiff-threatens-ethics-complaint-against-staffer-who-leaked-name-of-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella/

STTAB
11-06-2019, 11:52 AM
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. My initial thought is no way no how, you can't be fucking with a whistleblower like that, or none in the future will do the "right" thing.

But this is no normal case. Biden needs to be fully brought in, and his whole case fully exposed as well.

This whistle blower, perhaps have an independent person look at it. If it is in fact someone who worked for Joe Biden, worked for the Democrats, was in the WH and could be potentially looked at as a little less than a whistleblower. And even then, this is the potential removal of the president of the USA here, and everything needs to be 100% on the up and up. Nothing should be hidden IMO, and nothing at all from Trump pertaining to this case either.

But that also means a vote, now. Then open things up publicly and allow the republicans equal rights. No one sided case, open up their side for investigation entirely as well.

In the end, I don't think Rand does this, too much pressure. But I think there will also be pressure from within to release things the RIGHT way and even have this person testify, not just toss in crap from the outside.

---

Rand Paul Says He Will Probably Disclose Whistleblower’s Name, Calls Him a ‘Material Witness’

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) said Tuesday he will probably disclose the name of the whistleblower whose complaint prompted House Democrats to open an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

He told reporters Tuesday evening that he “probably will” disclose the whistleblower’s name, according to reports.

“I’m more than willing to, and I probably will at some point,” he said, according to the Hill. “There is no law preventing anybody from saying the name.”

During a rally in Kentucky on Monday night, he called on the media who know his name to “do your job and print his name.”

The New York Times first identified the whistleblower as a male who works as a CIA analyst. RealClearInvestigations was the first media outlet to report that it is likely CIA analyst Eric Ciaramella.

Ciaramella joined the National Security Council in 2015 and worked with former Vice President Joe Biden. He stayed on at the NSC until 2017, when he was suspected of leaks to the media. He reportedly returned to his home agency.

Paul said during the rally on Monday:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/11/05/rand-paul-says-he-will-probably-disclose-whistleblowers-name-calls-him-a-material-witness/

In the normal course of things, whistleblowers don't remain anonymous. If they remained anonymous there would be no need to have laws to protect them from retaliation.

This guy is just a tattle tale anyway. I'm not even sure he would legally be protected by whistle blower laws, since what he did doesnt meet the legal standards of whistle blowing.

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 12:11 PM
In the normal course of things, whistleblowers don't remain anonymous. If they remained anonymous there would be no need to have laws to protect them from retaliation.

This guy is just a tattle tale anyway. I'm not even sure he would legally be protected by whistle blower laws, since what he did doesnt meet the legal standards of whistle blowing.

I also think that Joe and Son also receive no protections, and they, IMO, shouldn't receive any extra protection, just because one is running for president.

Suppose for a quick moment that Biden wasn't running and simply retired like 9 years ago. Then there would be no issue with this. But I have a problem with someone supposedly being above the law, because they are running for a higher office. This is EXACTLY the time to find out about the honesty of a candidate and their previous history & any wrongdoing they may have been involved in.

And look, I get it, in politics the candidates shouldn't be able to more or less 'spy' on one another, as apparently intel agencies+ perhaps did while Trump was running.

Which is why I keep saying the ENTIRE story and context needs to come into play. An entire investigation perhaps into all of Burisma back then, what Biden may have said or did to harm the prosecutor over there... and anything said or done that may have helped Burisma and/or his son. Additionally, was Obama involved in helping? Was anyone else involved in helping?

And then who may have been involved in the entire Trump pre-campaign potential spying BS.... THEN all the way around - to Trump still remembering all of this, remembering and knowing about the wrongdoing in the Ukraine. Potentially looking into any wrongdoing within their country, a lot of monies involved. And if someone here in the USA was corrupt, and Ukraine may be able to offer something that may backup what took place, then I see nothing wrong in looking into such wrongdoing and to find out who was involved in addition and how. And to maybe backup the words that we heard publicly.

It seems like we are still hearing more and more BS coming out about Biden and Son while Joey was in office. And other than exaggeration, lies, BS & anything else false you can think of, I've yet to see them come out with any evidence, proof or anything at all showing he had a hand in any wrongdoing. They are stretching and have been doing so since 2015. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Yeps, as I said, there is good reason as to why they want to hide the identity of this person. It's going to paint a larger picture as part of just another setup. :rolleyes:

--

Alleged ‘Whistleblower’ Eric Ciaramella Worked Closely with Anti-Trump Dossier Hoaxer

Eric Ciaramella, whom Real Clear Investigations suggests is the likely so-called whistleblower, was part of an Obama administration email chain celebrating the eventual signing of a $1 billion U.S. loan guarantee to Ukraine.

That and other emails show Ciaramella interfaced about Ukraine with individuals who played key roles in facilitating the infamous anti-Trump dossier produced by Fusion GPS and reportedly financed by Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee. One of those individuals, then-Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland (pictured), received updates on Ukraine issues from dossier author Christopher Steele in addition to Nuland’s direct role in the dossier controversy.

Also part of the email chains was Christopher J. Anderson, who was a special adviser to former special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker. Anderson testified to the Democrat-led House committees running the impeachment inquiry.

Ciaramella’s name comes up in six Obama-era government emails that were released by the State Department as part of two previous Freedom of Information Act requests. At the time of the exchanges, Ciaramella served as the Director for Baltic and Eastern European Affairs for the Obama-era National Security Council, where he worked on Ukraine policy. He is now an analyst at the Central Intelligence Agency.

One email, titled, “Loan Guarantee,” involved Nuland, who was reportedly a key champion of the Ukraine loan guarantee policy.

“Hurray,” a celebratory Nuland wrote in response to a translated Ukrainian government announcement about the signing of the $1 billion loan guarantee. The announcement singles out Joe Biden as being present for the conclusion of an agreement leading to the loan guarantee.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/06/alleged-whistleblower-eric-ciaramella-worked-closely-with-anti-trump-dossier-hoaxers/

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Not that it comes as a surprise to anyone, already having been published in a ton of websites already.

--

KA BOOM! Donald Trump Jr. Tweets Name Of Whistleblower

President Trump’s oldest son on Wednesday wrote on Twitter the name of the alleged whistleblower whose anonymous complaint prompted the impeachment inquiry against the president.

“Because of course he did!!! Alleged ‘Whistleblower’ Eric Ciaramella Worked Closely with Anti-Trump Dossier Hoaxer,” Trump Jr. wrote, linking to an article from Breitbart News.

https://i.imgur.com/nZuV8E9.png

“Eric Ciaramella, whom Real Clear Investigations suggests is the likely so-called whistleblower, was part of an Obama administration email chain celebrating the eventual signing of a $1 billion U.S. loan guarantee to Ukraine,” the article says.

“That and other emails show Ciaramella interfaced about Ukraine with individuals who played key roles in facilitating the infamous anti-Trump dossier produced by Fusion GPS and reportedly financed by Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee. One of those individuals, then-Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland (pictured), received updates on Ukraine issues from dossier author Christopher Steele in addition to Nuland’s direct role in the dossier controversy.”

Ciaramella’s name comes up in six Obama-era government emails that were released by the State Department as part of two previous Freedom of Information Act requests. At the time of the exchanges, Ciaramella served as the Director for Baltic and Eastern European Affairs for the Obama-era National Security Council, where he worked on Ukraine policy. He is now an analyst at the Central Intelligence Agency.

President Trump has alleged that the so-called whistleblower may not exist. “There is no Whistleblower. There is someone with an agenda against Donald Trump,” the president tweeted on Monday.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) in recent days has threatened to name the whistleblower and is demanding they testify in Congress.

“We also now know the name of the whistleblower… I say tonight to the media, do your job and print his name,” Rand said.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/ka-boom-donald-trump-jr-tweets-name-of-whistleblower/

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Like I said, it's already been mentioned and discussed on tons of websites who have already posted his name. Now the Prez says he himself isn't going to mention the name, even though it shouldn't be anonymity. But I think Junior already beat him to the punch, even if a different direction.

--

Trump Blasts Anonymity, but Won't Name Whistleblower

President Donald Trump is blasting the media for not reporting the name of a person who has been identified in conservative circles as the whistleblower who spurred the impeachment inquiry. Yet Trump has carefully avoided using the name himself.

Exposing whistleblowers can be dicey, even for a president. For one thing, it could be a violation of federal law to identify the whistleblower. While there's little chance Trump could face charges, revealing the name could give Democrats more impeachment fodder. It could also prompt a backlash among some Senate Republicans who have long defended whistleblowers.

And, despite wanting the name to be disclosed, Trump sees some benefits to keeping it secret. The anonymity makes it easier for Trump to undermine the credibility of the person behind the complaint as well as the complaint itself, according to three officials and Republicans close to the White House not authorized to publicly discuss private conversations. It also allows him to bash the media for supposedly protecting the whistleblower.

In recent weeks, a name has circulated in conservative media of a man said to be the whistleblower. The president's son, Donald Trump Jr., on Wednesday tweeted a link to a story on the Breitbart website that used the name. He also included the name in his tweet.

U.S. whistleblower laws exist to protect the identity and careers of people who bring forward accusations of wrongdoing by government officials. Lawmakers in both parties have historically backed those protections. The Associated Press typically does not reveal the identity of whistleblowers.

The identity of the whistleblower is almost a moot point: Much of the unnamed person's August complaint about Trump's July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has been corroborated and expanded upon by officials' on-the-record, congressional testimony and the reconstructed, partial transcript of the call released by the White House.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-whistleblower-strategy/2019/11/06/id/940398/