PDA

View Full Version : 'Dilbert' Creator: History Will Show Trump Tweets a Good Idea

jimnyc
11-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I agree & disagree with this. I think an awful lot will go into history showing his odd behavior and lack of filter. I think history will learn from this, I hope, and perhaps future presidents will ensure they have at least an editor of some sort.

Then I do agree, as I said last week, in the manner that he can directly communicate with the people, has his fingers directly on the pulse. I still think the fireside chats would be a fantastic addition, but in the meantime he is showing a brand new way of communicating with the entire party - and the entire world. No need to always wait for an interview on a particular news station or to wait for an opportunity to address the nation as a whole - he can now use tidbits at a time to address the nation. And it can be done many times, with attachments and all the bells and whistles. So it CAN be spiced up and used in a much better fashion. But for now, he is the George Washington of communicating with the USA & the entire world, electronically and immediately, and typos and all as they say - almost showing for sure that it's Trump himself making the errors on the other end. Covfefe or whatever the F that one meant!! LOL

--

'Dilbert' Creator: History Will Show Trump Tweets a Good Idea

President Donald Trump’s use of Twitter will go down in history as a brilliant way for him to communicate with the public, “Dilbert” comic strip creator Scott Adams told Fox & Friends on Tuesday.

The president has created his own television channel on Twitter,” Adams said. “I think historians are going to say, ‘OK that tweeting was a really good idea.’ It bonded the public to him without the middle man.”

Adams, who has been a supporter of Trump since early in the 2016 presidential primary process, emphasized that “Even the typos end up working in his favor, because you know he wrote it.”

He stressed that this "makes it feel personal and you feel connected to your leader in a way we never have before. The authenticity of it to know that you got it raw, you got it right from his brain. It’s really what he thinks. No one fixed it.”

Adams’ praise for Trump’s tweets is in contrast to many who have criticized the president for using Twitter to institute important policy changes, attack political rivals, and announce Cabinet departures, according to The Washington Times.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris recently called on Twitter to suspend Trump's account and harshly criticized the president tweeting about the whistleblower, whose complaint helped launch an official House inquiry into his impeachment, Fox reported.

"The president's tweets and his behaviors about this are just further evidence of the fact that he uses his power in a way that is designed to beat people down instead of lift people up," Harris said.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/scott-adams-trump-twitter/2019/11/05/id/940268/

hjmick
11-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Scott Adams? Phhht... When Larson talks, maybe I'll listen...

LOL

Gunny
11-06-2019, 09:05 PM
I agree & disagree with this. I think an awful lot will go into history showing his odd behavior and lack of filter. I think history will learn from this, I hope, and perhaps future presidents will ensure they have at least an editor of some sort.

Then I do agree, as I said last week, in the manner that he can directly communicate with the people, has his fingers directly on the pulse. I still think the fireside chats would be a fantastic addition, but in the meantime he is showing a brand new way of communicating with the entire party - and the entire world. No need to always wait for an interview on a particular news station or to wait for an opportunity to address the nation as a whole - he can now use tidbits at a time to address the nation. And it can be done many times, with attachments and all the bells and whistles. So it CAN be spiced up and used in a much better fashion. But for now, he is the George Washington of communicating with the USA & the entire world, electronically and immediately, and typos and all as they say - almost showing for sure that it's Trump himself making the errors on the other end. Covfefe or whatever the F that one meant!! LOL

--

'Dilbert' Creator: History Will Show Trump Tweets a Good Idea

President Donald Trump’s use of Twitter will go down in history as a brilliant way for him to communicate with the public, “Dilbert” comic strip creator Scott Adams told Fox & Friends on Tuesday.

The president has created his own television channel on Twitter,” Adams said. “I think historians are going to say, ‘OK that tweeting was a really good idea.’ It bonded the public to him without the middle man.”

Adams, who has been a supporter of Trump since early in the 2016 presidential primary process, emphasized that “Even the typos end up working in his favor, because you know he wrote it.”

He stressed that this "makes it feel personal and you feel connected to your leader in a way we never have before. The authenticity of it to know that you got it raw, you got it right from his brain. It’s really what he thinks. No one fixed it.”

Adams’ praise for Trump’s tweets is in contrast to many who have criticized the president for using Twitter to institute important policy changes, attack political rivals, and announce Cabinet departures, according to The Washington Times.

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris recently called on Twitter to suspend Trump's account and harshly criticized the president tweeting about the whistleblower, whose complaint helped launch an official House inquiry into his impeachment, Fox reported.

"The president's tweets and his behaviors about this are just further evidence of the fact that he uses his power in a way that is designed to beat people down instead of lift people up," Harris said.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/scott-adams-trump-twitter/2019/11/05/id/940268/Trump is the first to actually go after social media as means of bypassing the leftwingnut MSM filter. Of course he's going to screw up. I cringe every time he does :laugh: Still, I have always given him credit for the use as a brilliant strategy.

Once the Left/MSM/Dems figure out how to control it with a bunch of dumbass rules and regulations this discussion will be moot. Until then, I would hope that even though Trump has shown a penchant for NOT learning from mistakes, that others are using them as a guidebook. It think it can be used in a far more efficient and devastating-to-the-left fashion than the Prez firing off random tweets.

Time will tell :)