PDA

View Full Version : Jim Jordan: Republicans Will Subpoena ‘Whistleblower’ for Public Testimony

jimnyc
11-07-2019, 11:59 AM
From what I understand, the Democrats will be starting with public testimonies next week. And I also understand that Jordan may be on the intel committee. So then I fully agree with subpoenaing this guy and getting his public testimony. We're talking possible removal of the president of the United States, and no stone should be left unturned, and no one should be hidden behind the scenes and no more BS hidden from Americans. So if this is where accusations start, bring him in and lets start somewhat from there and get all of the facts out in the open. His name is fair game one the press and pundits figured it out, of which they did quite some time back.

Actually, I think you start way back when with Burisma Holdings, through the primaries and 2016 election up til this very moment. And there are already quite a few investigations underway covering much of that. But continue on and get all of the facts out there. No more hiding crap from the public.

--

Jim Jordan: Republicans Will Subpoena ‘Whistleblower’ for Public Testimony

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) said Thursday Republican lawmakers plan to subpoena the so-called “whistleblower” to testify publicly as part of the House Democrats’ partisan impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump, according to The Hill.

Jordan’s remarks come as lawmakers on Capitol Hill are battling over whether to identify the so-called “whistleblower,” who RealClearInvestigations suggests is likely to be CIA analyst Eric Ciaramella. Democrats claim the so-called “whistleblower” is no longer a key witness to their impeachment inquiry and must not be named due to the Whistleblower Protection Act. However, some Republicans, including Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) have dismissed those concerns and are mulling revealing the individual’s name.

“I’m more than willing to, and I probably will at some point,” Paul told reporters on Tuesday. “There is no law preventing anybody from saying the name.”

At President Trump’s Monday rally in Kentucky, Paul, referring to the so-called “whistleblower,” urged the establishment media to “do your job and print his name.”

Other top Republicans on the hill concur with the Kentucky senator. “The whistleblower statute never required for anonymity,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) said this week.

Ciaramella joined the National Security Council in 2015 and has worked with former Vice President Joe Biden, now the 2020 Democrat White House frontrunner. The CIA analyst departed the NSC in 2017 amid suspicion that he leaked information to the media.

Jordan has reportedly notified Republicans that they have until Saturday to provide a list of witnesses they wish to interview as part of the impeachment inquiry. The developments come as House Republican leadership considers installing Jordan on the House Intelligence Committee ahead of the House’s public impeachment hearings next week. “If Democrats are going to turn Intel into the impeachment committee, I am going to make adjustments to that committee accordingly, for a short period of time,” House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) told Politico.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/07/jim-jordan-republicans-will-subpoena-whistleblower-for-public-testimony/

jimnyc
11-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Sen. Graham, Rep. Nunes: Whistleblower Must Be Named and Cross-Examined for Bias

(CNSNews.com) - The whistleblower's name is all over the Internet, but reporters and politicians won't name him publicly until Democrats confirm he's the one.

And that must happen, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the Judiciary Committee chairman, and Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the ranking member of the intelligence committee, said in separate interviews on Wednesday.

President Trump, meanwhile, weighed in on troubling tweets by the whistleblower's attorney (see below):

"The whistleblower needs to be named and we need to be able to cross-examine that person for any bias," Graham told Fox News's Martha MacCallum.

Without the whistleblower complaint, we wouldn't be talking about the subject matter right now, right? So, what if the whistleblower was tied to a Democrat? What if the whistleblower was tied to Brennan and people from the Intel community who had been out to destroy the Trump presidency even before he got elected? What if this person came from that world? What if they had a bias?

The whistleblower statute is being abused here. It does not give persons anonymity when it comes to making a claim of wrongdoing. It protects them from being fired. The Constitution trumps the statute. No American, including Donald Trump, should be accused of something based on an anonymous source.

I want to know who the whistleblower is. What ties they have to the Intel community, if any? And were they working with a Democrat? Did they have an agenda like (former CIA Director John) Brennan and (former Director of National Security James) Clapper?

Both parties need to know for sure who the whistleblower is, Rep. Nunes told Fox News's Tucker Carlson:

"It is not okay for only one party to know about the whistle-blower. Furthermore, the Democrats on the committee and their staff who seem to know the whistle-blower, they also won't tell us," Nunes said.

"But what the lawyers tell me is that this would not be admissible in court. You cannot take hearsay from a supposed somebody who we've never met, we just can't take the word of some lawyer and the IG and the Democrats on the committee. This person has to have a name, they have to actually exist for this to be considered real evidence in an investigation."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/sen-graham-rep-nunes-whistleblower-must-be-named-and-cross-examined