PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bloomberg Is Preparing To Enter The Democratic Presidential Race

jimnyc
11-07-2019, 06:09 PM
I dunno, and I could certainly be wrong again, but my first initial thought here is that this helps the right. I really don't see him of having a legit chance, but he may be able to pop in there and take away a lot of votes. And the Dems as a whole, they will need to decide, as I think they need to be all in on a candidate and can't have anything divisive.

--

Michael Bloomberg Is Preparing To Enter The Democratic Presidential Race

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is preparing to enter the 2020 Democrat presidential primary race, according to The New York Times.

It was previously reported that the left-wing billionaire had been mulling a run for the White House, rethinking an earlier decision not to enter the race. CNBC reports that Bloomberg has reconsidered the decision in light of former Vice President Joe Biden's recent struggles against Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.

Michael R. Bloomberg is actively preparing to enter the Democratic presidential primary and is expected to file paperwork this week designating himself as a candidate in at least one state with an early filing deadline, people briefed on Mr. Bloomberg’s plans said.

Mr. Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor and billionaire businessman, has been privately weighing a bid for the White House for weeks and has not yet made a final decision on whether to run, an adviser said. But in the first sign that he is seriously moving toward a campaign, Mr. Bloomberg has dispatched staffers to Alabama to gather signatures to qualify for the primary there. Though Alabama does not hold an early primary, it has a Friday deadline for candidates to formally enter the race.

https://i.imgur.com/9TqSwgc.png

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2019/11/07/michael-bloomberg-is-preparing-to-enter-the-democratic-presidential-race-n2556141

Kathianne
11-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Another that would be 'very liberal' outside of the group running for Democrat nomination. He is a moderate in that grouping.

STTAB
11-08-2019, 10:50 AM
Another that would be 'very liberal' outside of the group running for Democrat nomination. He is a moderate in that grouping.

True, but those nuts are saying Obama is too conservative LOL

This guy has a TON of money and doesn't mind throwing it around to win elections.

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 11:30 AM
True, but those nuts are saying Obama is too conservative LOL

This guy has a TON of money and doesn't mind throwing it around to win elections.

Yup, I don't remember figures, I just remember that he spent a lot of $$$ to run for mayor in NYC! One thing he does have is a lot of money!

--

Dem Rep. Khanna on Bloomberg Presidential Run: ‘You Think The Country Really Wants Another New York Billionaire After Trump?’

Friday on CNN’s “New Day,” Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) weighed in on former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg potentially entering the 2020 presidential race.

Khanna pushed back against the idea, saying he does not see the United States wanting to elect “another New York billionaire after Donald Trump.”

“Well, John, do you think the country really wants another New York billionaire after Donald Trump?” Khanna asked host John Berman. “Usually, we elect the opposite. And so I just don’t think this is the time where his vision or his ideas are going to resonate.”

The congressman from California admitted Bloomberg has done good work in fighting climate change and gun violence, but voiced his concern with the former mayor’s comments on the #MeToo movement and stop and frisk.

“I don’t think he has progressive economic ideas,” Khanna added. “And frankly, I just don’t think this country needs another billionaire running for political office.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/08/dem-rep-khanna-on-bloomberg-presidential-run-you-think-the-country-really-wants-another-new-york-billionaire-after-trump/