PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Is Right, Whistleblower Can Be Revealed, and Will Be, If Trump Is Impeached

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 01:58 PM
I don't know why anyone truly thought this from the get go. It's more of a "rules" thing and a best practice thing, as noted. Likely boils down more so to cover your buttsky.

And we know the media and citizens can point out the name at any time, which also points to it being simply a rules thing.

IMO, they should have done so already. But the instant it becomes "public", I think they should release it.

--

Fact Check: Rand Paul Is Right, Whistleblower Can Be Revealed — and Will Be, If Trump Is Impeached

CLAIM: The name of the impeachment “whistleblower” cannot be revealed by law, and President Trump has no right to demand he come forward.

VERDICT: FALSE. No law protects the whistleblower’s identity except in limited circumstances, and Trump has the Sixth Amendment right to confront his accuser at trial.

Democrats say that the so-called “whistleblower” whose complaint they are using in their “impeachment inquiry” against President Donald Trump deserves to have his identity protected — perhaps indefinitely.

They are claiming, incorrectly, that federal law prevents the disclosure of the whistleblower’s name. In fact, the federal statute on whistleblowers only bars the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (ICIG) from identifying the whistleblower. Anyone else — including President Trump himself — may do so legally, according to National Public Radio (NPR) — hardly a conservative outlet.

Remarkably, media outlets — including, apparently, Fox News — are suppressing the whistleblower’s name, for no particular reason.

But they cannot hide him forever. If the House impeaches the president — as many expect it to do, on a party-line vote — then the Senate will hold a trial, according to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

And in that trial, the president will arguably be entitled to many of the rights that a defendant would have in an ordinary court — including the Sixth Amendment right to confront his accuser.

The Sixth Amendment reads:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

It therefore follows that the only way to guarantee that the whistleblower is never outed is not to impeach the president.

Salvador Rizzo of the Washington Post awarded Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) four Pinnochios — its very worst rating, reserved for the most egregious lies — for claiming President Trump has Sixth Amendment right to confront the whistleblower. Aside from the absurdity of assigning four Pinocchios to a legal argument, Rizzo even concedes there is nothing in the law that prevents the whistleblower’s name from being revealed, except “best practice.”

Rizzo concludes that “The Sixth Amendment applies only in criminal prosecutions, not impeachment.” He leaves out the fact that the Senate must try impeachments, with the Chief Justice presiding. In that phase, there is ample precedent to suggest that the Sixth Amendment applies. And even if the Chief Justice were to rule that it does not, the Senate can overrule him. If the president wants to call the whistleblower to testify, he will likely have to do so.

Democrats might be able to hide the whistleblower if they conduct their inquiry as an ordinary oversight inquiry, rather than one aiming at impeachment.

But despite their self-righteous posturing about protecting the whistleblower, their priority is to impeach the president, by any means necessary.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/08/fact-check-rand-paul-is-right-whistleblower-can-be-revealed-and-will-be-if-trump-is-impeached/

pete311
11-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Fiona Hill has said she's gotten death threats and people knocking on her door with threats. So... yeah, maybe we want to respect the whistleblower. This person did everything by the books according to the IG and DNI along with everything corroborated by several career diplomats. I really don't understand the obsession over the person who dialed 911. The whistleblower is no longer important.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Fiona Hill has said she's gotten death threats and people knocking on her door with threats. So... yeah, maybe we want to respect the whistleblower. This person did everything by the books according to the IG and DNI along with everything corroborated by several career diplomats. I really don't understand the obsession over the person who dialed 911. The whistleblower is no longer important.

"The whistleblower is no longer important."

Pete , are you totally daft?
Really, so not important, huh?
Then why all the secrecy about its identification?
Could it just be they do not want investigation into the whistle blowers motivation,
into its background --into its connections?
I think maybe you are really as stupid as you seem to be--or is it you are just as liberally ignorant as you seem to be?
Perhaps you are both...--Tyr

pete311
11-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Pete , are you totally daft?
Really, so not important, huh?
Then why all the secrecy about its identification?
Could it just be they do not want investigation into the whistle blowers motivation,
into its background --into its connections?
I think maybe you are really as stupid as you seem to be--or is it you are just as liberally ignorant as you seem to be?
Perhaps you are both...--Tyr

Some how you just don't get it. It doesn't matter. His report has been corroborated. Stop living in September.

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 06:43 PM

I'm unsure why you call everything an obsession. These things are a part of the impeachment process and it comes out as part of the daily news. so sometimes daily news is posted here.

I think it's more than important, every last detail of it. If someone talks of a coup, prior to what appears to be a coup to many, and ends up the attorney on record, that's important information. If someone is somehow affiliated with Christopher Steele, who was a major player in the Russian BS, that's important information. I believe you are dismissing a lot of things as not important, but they are. This will ultimately be a trial by ones peers. These things WILL matter to them, IMO. Schiff's connection, if any, to the whistleblower, will be important. As it will be if there is any connection to Joe Biden. Any actions, any wrongdoing, by Biden and Son, if revealed, and I think it should be, will be important. Any and all actions that took place in Ukraine will be important. Perhaps not important to you, or the thinking of others on the left - but it will matter to the republicans, of which 20 at minimum will need to be convinced.

This whistleblower is of extreme importance, not just dismissed after filing a report. Any connections with the media hounds, as in Clapper or Brennan. AND, also, if the Barr/Durham results, some of them being done. Anything incriminating about all of the fisa warrants, any wrongdoing by the left in trying to "get" Trump - any and all of it WILL be used to their advantage. It would appear that you, like many in the media, want to now dismiss the WB as no longer important - as the person, the connections and the trail of knowledge, will be harmful

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Some how you just don't get it. It doesn't matter. His report has been corroborated. Stop living in September.

From what I have seen thus far is some supposedly corroborating and/or claiming any of the quid pro quo. Those folks were shredded in cross questions. I have posted about every last bit of this as it happened. Then we saw similar news stories, only to be followed up with words from individuals themselves claiming otherwise, or not long after finding things out from folks in attendance that it simply wasn't true.

I honestly don't know 100% either way. I simply don't see removal as having a hope in hell. I also do know that they are definitely leaking things out, and not all of it, if not the majority of it, is not actually panning out as they claim.

But once the republicans get 'rights' in all of this, and they start sending out subpoenas, and asking the questions & bringing in folks that can shed further light on things. It's going to be quite interesting. But I don't see removal going anywhere - and I don't see the MSM or the left giving much thought to the impending rocket of doom from the IG, Barr and Durham that's soon to be incoming.

So what all of these diplomats and folks corroborating things that you keep speaking of - it's all for nothing in this whole fiasco - and then it's time to move forward again. Only the other 3 will be waiting, and I think that unleashes the gates of hell against them. I believe those investigations only lead to big trouble.

They are calling this impeachment the trial of the century. Even though we likely already know the outcome. And they are stating that what awaits is the scandal of the century and others labeled the biggest scandal of all time.

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 07:07 PM
And speaking of which, the very next page I read. These investigations do not bode well for the left.

AND, also important, is that much of this may explain the motives of the left, and how we got to where we are today.

--

Lindsey Graham: IG Report on FISA Abuse Will Be 'Stunning' and 'Damning'

After being briefed by Attorney General William Barr, Senator Lindsey Graham says that the Inspector General report on alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) abuses will "prove that the system got off the rails."

"I think his report is going to be stunning. I think it is going to be damning. I think it’s going to prove that the system got off the rails and we need corrective action," he told Martha MacCallum on Fox News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLANlBcLBSI&feature=emb_logo

Inspector General Michael Horowitz announced the investigation was completed in mid-September. A draft copy was provided to the Justice Department and FBI for a classification review.

Graham, who has used descriptors such as "ugly" and "damning" in raising expectations for the findings in Horowitz's report, pledged to do a "deep dive" of his own into FISA, which will run concurrently with U.S. Attorney John Durham's now criminal investigation of the early stages of the Russia investigation.

Republicans argue top Justice Department and FBI officials misled the FISA court by using an unverified dossier compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele to obtain warrants to electronically monitor Page. Democrats, as well as current and former FBI officials, have dismissed the allegations of wrongdoing during the Trump-Russia investigation and are concerned that Durham's review of the early stages of the Russia investigation may be an effort to discredit the work of Mueller and deface the president's political rivals.

Horowitz's final report is expected to be released publicly around Thanksgiving.

jimnyc
11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Speaking of Fiona Hill. No one deserves death threats or anything of the like. Nothing at all.

I'm just posting about these supposed connections/coincidences.

---

Adam Schiff’s Start Witness Fiona Hill Linked to George Soros, the Deep State and Had Contacts with Chris Steele During 2016 Election

Corrupt and Compulsive Liar Adam Schiff is attempting to unseat the President of the United States Donald Trump using characters like Fiona Hill. The list of her connections to corrupt players in the Deep State is long and wide.

As reported earlier by Joe Hoft–
As we previously mentioned Roger Stone outed Fiona Hill in 2017 as a Deep State spy in the White House under then NSA Advisor General H. R. McMaster.

The George Soros connected traitor was outed by Israeli spies as was reported by Stone at InfoWars.

InfoWars reported on Hill and suggested she may be one of the current deep state anti-Trump “whistleblowers.”

The second White House whistleblower in the Democrats’ Ukraine witch hunt is none other than George Soros operative Fiona Hill, Infowars has learned.

Infowars was contacted by sources close to the president confirming our suspicions that Fiona Hill is definitely one of the so-called White House whistleblowers involved in the current Ukraine witch hunt against President Trump.

Infowars first reported that Hill worked as a mole for Soros when Trump confidante Roger Stone broke the bombshell in May 2017, revealing that Hill was serving as Soros’ mole under the supervision of former NSA adviser H.R. McMaster.

The video below shows Trump confidante Roger Stone in July 2017 warning that he was told he would be “targeted for annihilation” by the FBI for exposing the mole.

Stone was raided by the FBI and arrested in January.

(video at link/site)

This video was prophetic – simply amazing!

Adam Schiff and the Democrats needed Hill to speak for 11 hours in a recent Deep State interview. Hill had ZERO knowledge of the call President Trump had with the Ukrainian President, and only heard rumors. Democrats don’t care. They want to impeach Trump on rumors.

What a clown show. According to reports Ms. Hill was not even working in the White House at the time of the call with the Ukrainian president on July 25th. Hill resigned before the call.

According to her resume Fiona Hill worked for the George Soros Open Society Institute from 2000-2006, just 13 years ago.

https://i.imgur.com/BFDtb92.png

But there’s more –

Fiona Hill has written articles in the past for the virulently far-left rag Vox. On 27 July 2016, out of the blue, Fiona Hill published an article in Vox on “3 reasons Russia’s Vladimir Putin might want to interfere in the US presidential elections.” The timing was, let us say, distinctive. This was four days before the FBI launched “Crossfire Hurricane,” and three days before Bruce and Nellie Ohr’s fateful breakfast meeting with Christopher Steele.

Hill has connections to Christopher Steele (who is suspected of being a source for Hill’s Vox article). According to people familiar with their relationship, the two British Russia hands are not exactly friends. But they have known each other for years, beginning when Hill was working on Russia at the National Intelligence Council and Steele was on MI6’s Russia desk. “She had a high opinion of Steele, and thought he was very smart,” a foreign policy veteran, and one of Hill’s close friends, told POLITICO. Hill spoke to Steele in 2016 and discussed him with friends in 2017, after BuzzFeed published his memos outlining a potential conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia to win the election.

Hill also has past connections to Adam Schiff. Fiona Hill was a speaker, for example, at the Aspen Institute Security Forum in July 2017, an event for which Adam Schiff, now taking her testimony in a closed-door hearing, was also a speaker. This is a pattern with Schiff, given his Aspen participation in July 2018 and meeting with Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS and dossier fame, who was also in attendance.

Hill also has connections to Professor Joseph Mifsud, the Maltese professor at the center of the storm with George Papadopoulos. Hill has attended the conferences of the Russian Valdai Club, like Spygate principal Joseph Mifsud and his Russian contact Ivan Timofeev. She has done this under the auspices of the Brookings Institution, with which she has been affiliated as a senior fellow and program director for many years.

Hill also has deep ties to Clinton crony, Strobe Talbott (who was a recipient of the Cody Shearer dossier that later became a part of the Steele dossier): Her work at Brookings, where she has stood alongside author collaborator Clifford Gaddy as resident Russia expert since 2009, was under the leadership of long-time Clinton intimate Strobe Talbott, who headed the Institution until 2017.

An article illuminating her numerous Deep State ties is a fascinating read having to do with George Soros, once again, being the recipient of USAID, which that seems to happen quite a lot, and connected to the Clinton Global Initiative, etc. Another Internet sleuth doing a great job.

On Friday Paul Sperry reported on Fiona Hill’s contacts with Christopher Steele in 2016 during the election.

This is Schiff’s star witness.

https://i.imgur.com/oLcfbXy.png

This woman should never be allowed in government office ever again. She’s a crooked Soros connected traitor. Period.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/adam-schiffs-start-witness-fiona-hill-linked-to-george-soros-the-deep-state-and-had-contacts-with-chris-steele-during-2016-election/