PDA

View Full Version : Nikki Haley Blasts Impeachment: ‘I Don’t Know What You Would Impeach Him On’

jimnyc
11-09-2019, 12:09 PM
I am seeing a lot of this type of feedback from republicans and pundits and such. Basically, in their thoughts, something along the lines of "I see issues and maybe ethical problems, but nothing close to impeachment material" - I made up that quote, but along those lines.

--

Nikki Haley Blasts Impeachment: ‘I Don’t Know What You Would Impeach Him On’

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley said there is “nothing impeachable” in the case Democrats have made against President Donald Trump.

Speaking with “CBS Evening News” anchor Norah O’Donnell in an interview teased Friday evening but set to air in its entirety on “CBS Sunday Morning,” Haley equated impeachment to the “death penalty for a public official,” saying there is “nothing” in the transcript of Trump’s July 25 call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to warrant such a drastic act.

“You’re going to impeach a president for asking for a favor that didn’t happen, and giving money, and it wasn’t withheld?” Haley asked O’Donnell. “I don’t know what you would impeach him on.”

“Impeachment is like the death penalty for a public official,” she added. “When you look at the transcript, there’s nothing in that transcript that warrants the death penalty for the president.”

O’Donnell pushed back, saying the transcript wasn’t complete and Trump did ask for a “favor” in the part that was made public.

“The Ukrainians never did the investigation, and the president released the funds,” said the former Republican South Carolina governor. “I mean, when you look at those, there’s just nothing impeachable there. And more than that, I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the American people should decide this. Why [do] we have a bunch of people in Congress making this decision?”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/08/nikki-haley-donald-trump-impeachment/

jimnyc
11-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Just adding on...

--

Nikki Haley Dismisses Grounds for Impeachment and Triggers Never Trumpers

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley set liberal and (newly liberal) #NeverTrump heads on fire Friday when she poo-pooed the Democrats' basis for wanting to impeach President Trump.

Haley's remarks were taped for this weekend's edition of "CBS Sunday."

The Washington Examiner:

"I don't think it's good for us to ever want a foreign country to investigate an American," she said. "That's just not something we want to get into the practice of doing."

However, she still dismissed the impeachment proceedings, saying, "I also don't feel comfortable with the fact that we're having an impeachment process during an election year."

The latter part isn't really surprising, given the weak candidate offerings the Democrats have before them despite a record large field. They no doubt believe that their best shot at weakening the president and deflecting from the still-strong economy is to keep saying "IMPEACHMENT!" every third word until November of next year.

What really triggered an acute attack of Trump Derangement Syndrome symptoms was Haley giving a very public voice to what many Americans are thinking:

"On what? You're going to impeach a president for asking for a favor that didn’t happen and — and giving money, and it wasn’t withheld?"

The lefties who weren't going to be pleased anyway were extra super special displeased:

There aren’t “good” Republicans

Once everyone lets go of that idea, we can ALL see the Republicans for who they are and what that party stands for; Greed, Corruption & Coverups #NikkiHaley

— Mara McEwin (@maramcewin) November 9, 2019

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/nikki-haley-dismisses-grounds-for-impeachment-and-triggers-never-trumpers/

Gunny
11-10-2019, 11:00 AM
Heads on fire over a different, and actually logical, coherent opinion is nothing less than I expect from the left. She's telling them they are wrong and they can't sleep at night over anyone even possessing such a notion much less saying it out loud in public.

pete311
11-10-2019, 11:21 AM
It's called extortion.

jimnyc
11-10-2019, 11:35 AM
It's called extortion.

Weird that you never used the terms extortion and bribery until an article came out in the past 48.

I fully disagree. He asked them to investigate. They felt no pressure at all, and never even knew anything about aid. "Do it or you don't get it" type of thing. And that never happened.

But we shall see in the long run. I do think that the house impeaches solely on numbers, and I think the senate turns things down, partly by numbers and partly by some with the belief that removal simply isn't there. I believe some folks in both are taking things the lawful manner while most are doing it by the numbers and affiliation. I don't think folks are thinking much about that in the long run - or I do think so.

It's simply not happening in the senate. Unless something monstrously and drastically changes. So, basically, IMO the goal is to continue to bring about that negativity on this for as long as possible, then the proceedings. Then continue on afterwards with negativity regardless the results.

IMO, none of the above in the primaries really has much of a shot at this point. The goal of the non-stop negativity from the left, including the MSM and other places, is to help towards 2020.

I still don't see it happening. I think ultimately nothing happens in the senate. BUT, I truly do think we are going to see some heads fall on the left when the IG report soon falls. And then when Barr/Durham continue on, I think more heads will fall. By the time 2020 election day comes around, the falling out of the left and that "scandal of the century" they are speaking of, will be what is fresh in American voters minds.

I think he was going to win as the incumbent anyway, the one with strong numbers in our economy, and one who has had decent success in the face of all this stuff, and the media. Then add in the Dems Russian BS, turning around on them big time. And if this turns around, and all the investigations turn around on Dems behavior from all of it, they're definitely cooked for 2020. Many stated back when that this could backfire on them, and I think that's exactly what is slowly happening.

But again, we'll see. I don't think the impeachment will go anywhere, nor anything with extortion. And I think while you for a little, and all of the Dems and media, are ignoring mostly all the other investigations - are in for a morning rude awakening when it all comes out.

pete311
11-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Weird that you never used the terms extortion and bribery until an article came out in the past 48.

I fully disagree. He asked them to investigate. They felt no pressure at all, and never even knew anything about aid. "Do it or you don't get it" type of thing. And that never happened.

But we shall see in the long run. I do think that the house impeaches solely on numbers, and I think the senate turns things down, partly by numbers and partly by some with the belief that removal simply isn't there. I believe some folks in both are taking things the lawful manner while most are doing it by the numbers and affiliation. I don't think folks are thinking much about that in the long run - or I do think so.

It's simply not happening in the senate. Unless something monstrously and drastically changes. So, basically, IMO the goal is to continue to bring about that negativity on this for as long as possible, then the proceedings. Then continue on afterwards with negativity regardless the results.

IMO, none of the above in the primaries really has much of a shot at this point. The goal of the non-stop negativity from the left, including the MSM and other places, is to help towards 2020.

I still don't see it happening. I think ultimately nothing happens in the senate. BUT, I truly do think we are going to see some heads fall on the left when the IG report soon falls. And then when Barr/Durham continue on, I think more heads will fall. By the time 2020 election day comes around, the falling out of the left and that "scandal of the century" they are speaking of, will be what is fresh in American voters minds.

I think he was going to win as the incumbent anyway, the one with strong numbers in our economy, and one who has had decent success in the face of all this stuff, and the media. Then add in the Dems Russian BS, turning around on them big time. And if this turns around, and all the investigations turn around on Dems behavior from all of it, they're definitely cooked for 2020. Many stated back when that this could backfire on them, and I think that's exactly what is slowly happening.

But again, we'll see. I don't think the impeachment will go anywhere, nor anything with extortion. And I think while you for a little, and all of the Dems and media, are ignoring mostly all the other investigations - are in for a morning rude awakening when it all comes out.

I've used it more times, but here is one example
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?67706-Whistleblower-Complaint-Involves-Trump-Communication-With-Foreign-Leader&p=943536#post943536

The Nikki Haley defense of that is didn't work so it's not a crime is silly. People go to jail for decades for attempted Murder all the time. He will be impeached. That is signed, sealed, delivered. The question is whether the senate will convict and that is doubtful and pathetic, because if this were Obama. It would be a 180. This is absolutely partisan and shouldn't be, because our national security is at risk.

Gunny
11-10-2019, 11:59 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?67706-Whistleblower-Complaint-Involves-Trump-Communication-With-Foreign-Leader&p=943536#post943536

The Nikki Haley defense of that is didn't work so it's not a crime is silly. People go to jail for decades for attempted Murder all the time. He will be impeached. That is signed, sealed, delivered. The question is whether the senate will convict and that is doubtful and pathetic, because if this were Obama. It would be a 180. This is absolutely partisan and shouldn't be, because our national security is at risk.If this was Obama, it would be 100% warranted. He could be impeached several times over for REAL crimes, not crimes based on purposeful, malignant misinterpretation. For the record, I wasn't for wasting time and money on a go-nowhere impeachment of him either.

Just man up to the truth, Pete. Donald Trump is being impeached for the "crime" of being Donald Trump and nothing more. Haley's defense is the factual truth so it works fine outside the partisan lynch mob circle. I'm not a fan of Haley's, btw.

Here's the REAL kicker the left apparently cannot comprehend: I'm not a Trump fan either. But there are plenty of anti-bullshit fans and I'm one of those. The left created, and continues to enable Donald Trump. I do wish to commend those shrill voices and unhinged minds that have done so because it's the only thing commendable about them.

jimnyc
11-10-2019, 01:29 PM

The Nikki Haley defense of that is didn't work so it's not a crime is silly. People go to jail for decades for attempted Murder all the time. He will be impeached. That is signed, sealed, delivered. The question is whether the senate will convict and that is doubtful and pathetic, because if this were Obama. It would be a 180. This is absolutely partisan and shouldn't be, because our national security is at risk.

That's fine if that's your belief, and mine is that no way 20 votes against him will be found. They easily have the numbers by far to defeat this, and the overwhelming majority thus far have spoken out in his defense, so I don't see it changing anytime soon.

The only signed, sealed and delivery I see is from the upcoming investigations I have mentioned, in where quite a few that are privy to the reports are stating to beware and keep an eye out, as the hammer is going to fall.

So regardless of you and I having opposite beliefs in this - the 20 votes needed that won't be happening, is simply the case. The parties stick together, and then some. That will be the case here. And when word comes out from the other investigations, that will be that much more reason why these 20 votes will never be forthcoming. Why you think it's a done deal is beyond me. Perhaps a done deal in the house, but that's about it. And I assume that's what you're referring to. And regardless there too - I believe that it has no effect on the other investigations and no effect on 2020. It will end up being a partisan slap on the wrist, that will ultimately be outweighed by the endless information that will be coming out about the Democrats and their various efforts to reverse the election, various efforts to have him removed. And almost every last step of the way is leading to backfires against the Democrats.

And while it sounds nice in trying to prosecute someone - there is no national security risk. For what? Is it because he tried to have Biden investigated? There may well have been unethical things that many disagree with, but nothing here remotely that harms national security, IMO.

Gunny
11-10-2019, 01:31 PM
It's called extortion.Extortion. Please link to any information on any country the US does business with that does NOT have a price tag attached. It's SOP and always has been.

Just not now :rolleyes:

Gunny
11-10-2019, 02:00 PM
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=f4ca0f85-dba4-4769-a0e5-4dae962fe95f

At the link is a list of countries with US Sanctions imposed on them. Is this coercion ? No, because we are the "good guys" :). By definition when you're looking for an excuse to put a negative slant on using a practice employed by Nations in positions to do so that predates the US by ... oh, the history of the World? I suppose :rolleyes:

Was it SOP when George Washington through Obama used it as a means of getting a desired result? Sure was.

The charge itself is lame and desperate.

jimnyc
11-10-2019, 02:10 PM
"People will die" - "worse global recession than in 30's" - "Economy Armageddon" - "Kids will die" .... you know what, I really don't want to do a search and list which will be mainly ignored. But facts are - there have been an endless amount of "predictions" about Trump's presidency, the majority being stupid and insanity. And the worst is that they are still out there making claims of all this crap that will continue or will happen if he's reelected. Harming national security, getting us into more wars, getting out of wars.... Things that never have panned out and never will. Almost all scare tactic to the voters.

--

Nikki Haley: Tillerson, Kelly Tried to Recruit Me to ‘Save the Country’ by Undermining Trump

During this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” it was revealed that former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said in her book “With All Due Respect” that then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

Haley said, “It absolutely happened. And instead of saying that to me, they should’ve been saying that to the president, not asking me to join them on their sidebar plan. It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing.’ But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.”

John Kelly released a statement to CBS saying, “If by resistance and stalling she means putting a staff process in place…to ensure the [president] knew all the pros and cons of what policy decision he might be contemplating so he could make an informed decision, then guilty as charged.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/10/nikki-haley-tillerson-kelly-tried-to-recruit-me-to-save-the-country-by-undermining-trump/

Nikki Haley: Tillerson Said If He Didn’t Resist Trump ‘People Would Die’

On this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told her if she did not resist implementing President Donald Trump’s decisions “people would die.”

In her book “With All Due Respect,” recounting a meeting with then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Rex Tillerson Haley wrote, “Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because, if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

Haley said, “It absolutely happened. And instead of saying that to me, they should’ve been saying that to the president, not asking me to join them on their sidebar plan. It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing.’ But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.”

John Kelly released a statement to CBS saying, “If by resistance and stalling she means putting a staff process in place…to ensure the [president] knew all the pros and cons of what policy decision he might be contemplating so he could make an informed decision, then guilty as charged.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/10/nikki-haley-tillerson-said-if-he-didnt-resist-trump-people-would-die/

Gunny
11-10-2019, 02:16 PM
"People will die" - "worse global recession than in 30's" - "Economy Armageddon" - "Kids will die" .... you know what, I really don't want to do a search and list which will be mainly ignored. But facts are - there have been an endless amount of "predictions" about Trump's presidency, the majority being stupid and insanity. And the worst is that they are still out there making claims of all this crap that will continue or will happen if he's reelected. Harming national security, getting us into more wars, getting out of wars.... Things that never have panned out and never will. Almost all scare tactic to the voters.

--

Nikki Haley: Tillerson, Kelly Tried to Recruit Me to ‘Save the Country’ by Undermining Trump

During this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” it was revealed that former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said in her book “With All Due Respect” that then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/10/nikki-haley-tillerson-kelly-tried-to-recruit-me-to-save-the-country-by-undermining-trump/

Nikki Haley: Tillerson Said If He Didn’t Resist Trump ‘People Would Die’

On this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told her if she did not resist implementing President Donald Trump’s decisions “people would die.”

In her book “With All Due Respect,” recounting a meeting with then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Rex Tillerson Haley wrote, “Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because, if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/10/nikki-haley-tillerson-said-if-he-didnt-resist-trump-people-would-die/Incredible.